Jump to content

"These Are Special Times" album - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

I like the news!! :D That will be great to have this special on DVD in top quality! ;D

 

Of course bonuses like "I Met An Angel", "Blue Christmas", "War Is Over", duet with Rosie etc. would be more than welcome as well but I will be happy to get just the special without any extras.

 

But please, the ENTIRE special, not just parts of it!!! :D

Visit me on Facebook

  • 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis
  • 24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy
  • 2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA
  • 12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne
  • 18th June 2008 - Köln Arena
  • 20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena
  • 28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park
  • 1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle
  • 15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre
  • 10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace Colosseum

J'étais là pour toi, Céline!

Why has Javito been silenced ???

Posted
they should add "I Met An Angel"

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

You know it wouldn't surprise me if they put the performance of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" from A New Day... onto the DVD. That way we get the performance on an actual Christmas related item and not the DVD for the actual show. It would make sense to me.

 

...Joe...

Posted
- The Power Of Love

- Do You Hear What I Hear (with Rosie O'Donnell)

- Oh Holy Night

(Céline in a short reportage about Charlemagne)

- Because You Loved Me

- Let's Talk About Love

- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

- My Heart Will Go On

- The Prayer (with Andrea Bocelli)

Andrea Bocelli's "Ave Maria"

- These Are The Special Times

 

that's what they showed on TV

 

:flowers:

I tapped it when it was on TV....lol back in the day when tapes were the ONLY thing pretty much! Love this TV special...I have to watch it ever Christmas...me and my entire family!

 

 

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams."

 

Visit Celinerific.com today!

Posted
They really should make this a proper collectors item... I mean they have loads of stuff they could use, The Making of the Album, the photoshoot, Instrumentals maybe even an unreleased Xmas track which I'm pretty sure they would have...
Posted
You know it wouldn't surprise me if they put the performance of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" from A New Day... onto the DVD. That way we get the performance on an actual Christmas related item and not the DVD for the actual show. It would make sense to me.

 

...Joe...

erm Joe... it's sony we're talking about here! we must be happy if the menu has more then one feature! :laugh:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

I doubt it will be the entire special on DVD.....on the Celine site, it says "featuring footage from Celine's 1998 CBS Christmas television special". Just "footage". Not the whole show. Of course! :rolleyes:

 

BUT maybe those new Christmas songs she's recorded will appear as bonus tracks. :clap:

Posted
In addition:

 

 

"‘Tis the season -- Johnny Mathis’ 1958 album, “Merry Christmas,” is certified at the five million mark, becoming one of the six best-selling holiday albums of all time. Kenny G’s “Miracles-The Holiday Album” tops the list at eight million, followed by Elvis Presley’s “Elvis’ Christmas Album” at six million. Tied with Mathis are Mannheim Steamroller’s “Mannheim Steamroller Christmas” and “A Fresh Aire Christmas” and Barbra Streisand’s “A Christmas Album.” <- got this 1999 info from

 

http://www.riaa.com/newsitem.php?news_year_filter=&resultpage=109&id=3E66A511-1B98-4B07-ECD3-174C7088CDB7

 

- got that information from riaa and riaa is only counting number of albums sold in the usa, not worldwide. Kenny G's X-mas album is top 1 but in the United States Of America only, not worldwide.

 

Hmm, that link doesn't work for me. I tried doing a search on the RIAA site and the results are not

complete with any artist I tried. I wonder why???

~J O E Y~
Posted (edited)

This is SonyBMG's definition of their "LEGACY EDITIONS"

 

The releases that fall under the Legacy Edition banner are truly albums that have changed music. From Janis Joplin’s legendary “Pearl†to Jeff Buckleys masterpiece “Graceâ€, these titles are the pinnacle of what the SONY BMG archives have to offer. Attractively packaged in custom slipcases, they frequently contain unreleased material, rare live tracks, and even bonus DVD footage. These products are the ultimate experience of the records within.

Edited by CDI
Posted
This is SonyBMG's definition of their "LEGACY EDITIONS"

 

These products are the ultimate experience of the records within.

 

That would suggest to me that the DVD will feature the footage of the tracks from These Are Special Times and not the performances of Let's Talk About Love and Because You Loved Me etc

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
This is SonyBMG's definition of their "LEGACY EDITIONS"

 

The releases that fall under the Legacy Edition banner are truly albums that have changed music. From Janis Joplin’s legendary “Pearl†to Jeff Buckleys masterpiece “Graceâ€, these titles are the pinnacle of what the SONY BMG archives have to offer. Attractively packaged in custom slipcases, they frequently contain unreleased material, rare live tracks, and even bonus DVD footage. These products are the ultimate experience of the records within.

 

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

 

What an honor! It is a superb Christmas album.

Posted

So much for that rumour about a new holiday album.

-________________________-"

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
I doubt it will be the entire special on DVD.....on the Celine site, it says "featuring footage from Celine's 1998 CBS Christmas television special". Just "footage". Not the whole show. Of course! :rolleyes:

You're right about that one. And with all the controversy surrounding Rosie O'Donnell they might opt not to even put her segment on the DVD...even though that was the most enjoyable part of the evening. They'll probably cut out all the dialogue and just make it a music video collection of the songs. I hope this DVD will include Celine talking about what she does around Christmas, behind the scenes of the album recording...everything we want to see.

Posted (edited)
I doubt it will be the entire special on DVD.....on the Celine site, it says "featuring footage from Celine's 1998 CBS Christmas television special". Just "footage". Not the whole show. Of course! :rolleyes:

 

BUT maybe those new Christmas songs she's recorded will appear as bonus tracks. :clap:

Hmm that's weird because in the french section on the Celine site it says ''This collector edition will include a DVD of the Christmas Special with Céline aired on CBS in 1998!'' It seems to be the whole thing...

 

Réédition de l'album 'These Are Special Times'!

21 juillet 2007

 

L'album de Noël de Céline ''These Are Special Times'' sera rééditée cet automne. Cet édition de collection inclura un DVD de l'émission spéciale de Noël avec Céline diffusée sur CBS en 1998! Demeurez à l'affût pour plus de détails!!

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
ho,no~

it means that I need to buy the album again :wacko:

why they didn't realease it in 1998 with normal edition?

I need more money..... :doh:

 

 

Hey man!Don't regret so much,you'll get the money again,is not so expensive right?I hope is not,in my country is about 20 euros every cd.

Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Posted

I would love if the DVD included also the music videos of:

 

- "I'm Your Angel";

 

- "These Are Special Times" (if it exists);

 

- "I Met An Angel (On Christmas Day)";

 

- "Happy Christmas, War is Over" (with Gloria Estefan & Charlotte Church).

 

:wub:

Posted
ho,no~

it means that I need to buy the album again :wacko:

why they didn't realease it in 1998 with normal edition?

I need more money..... :doh:

 

 

Hey man!Don't regret so much,you'll get the money again,is not so expensive right?I hope is not,in my country is about 20 euros every cd.

 

I've had to buy this CD about 3 times now. I don't know what my problem is, but I keep losing it! But now it's safely on my ipod....but it doesn't really matter, because I'll be buying it AGAIN this year! :rolleyes:

Posted

if only she would record some new tracks for the repackaged edition...

i wonder what's it like to record christmas songs during summer...and in Las Vegas :P

Posted (edited)
if only she would record some new tracks for the repackaged edition...

i wonder what's it like to record christmas songs during summer...and in Las Vegas :P

 

Eh, they can just turn up the air conditioning in the studio and put up a Xmas tree for her!

hehehe :bye1:

Edited by Celinenvegas
~J O E Y~
Posted
so the climate would be as perfect as her voice... :)

 

-11th/12th November 2004 Las Vegas Caesar's Palace!! First ROW!!

-6th May 2008 London O2 Arena,

-19th & 20th May 2008 Paris Bercy

-2nd June 2008 Amsterdam Arena

-14th June 2008 Frankfurt Commerzbank

-3rd July 2008 Milan Datch Forum

-5th July 2008 Nice Stade Nikaia

Posted (edited)

What ? A dvd with only segments of the special tv show? :angry2:

 

Are they kidding? Is that a joke?

 

I want a new packaging and above all studio recording sessions!

 

My dream would be another 2 songs !

 

All theses things can help the album to sell more.

 

But I guess this new edition is already a big step for Sony!

Edited by isurrender
Posted
i think they won't release only new thing like dvd... maybe there will be those 5 rumoured songs she recorded some 3/4 years ago.... because a new single is needed!
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
i think they won't release only new thing like dvd... maybe there will be those 5 rumoured songs she recorded some 3/4 years ago.... because a new single is needed!

 

Hello???? New English album/single?? :doh:

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
hello?? this album without any song which could lead it only with dvd will be a flop!
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

well they can't release a christmas song in october! :whistling: the only thing sony could do is to put a song from TAST on the new english single! ;)

 

If sony was smart (two words that actually could never fit in one sentence :rolleyes: ) then they at least put I met an angel on x-mas day on the cd too! There's still room for it... the instrumental of MHWGO fitted on the Japanese version! :whistling:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
And what more....official....info might you have?

No intrumentals, either!

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...