Jump to content

Celine sung I Knew I Loved You @ 2007 Oscars


Recommended Posts

Posted

I really don't mind if she cracked once or whatever but it was a milestone on Oscars night a beautiful performance, joined by such emotion and Ennio Moriccone's Speech certainly THE BEST of the evening!!! and because of all these factors HER BEST PERFOMANCE @ THE OSCARS .........YET...

 

they where just connected during the whole thing...even look at how emotional was Clint Eastwood

Posted

Very weak vocals. Totally forgettable performance. We certainly won't be talking about this Oscars performance in years to come....

 

She looked hot as hell though, not that it compensates.

Posted
I loved it! She looked great and did great! We love you Celine. Her voice sounded great - the sound system at the theatre was a little weird, but Celine sounded fantastic.
Posted

Awww, that was sooo cool. She looked amazing, can't wait to see her in those other 2 dresses. She sounded great too, love the song. It was simple and beautiful and she brought grace to it.

 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

~J O E Y~
Posted
I enjoyed it! Celine was beautiful and sounded amazing! And why would Celine get a standing ovation? It was a honor award for Ennio not Celine. that would look weird for a standing ovation for Celine when they are there to honor Ennio.
Posted
one of her worst performances ever , honestly...she started good but then went off tune , she was sooooooooooooooo nervous :glare:

 

Do you ever get tired of being so negative? Seriously. She was beautiful, her voice was amazing. She sounded fine to me.

 

I"m disappointed, the song was shortened which eliminated some of the best parts of the song. The orchestra sort of drowned out her voice also. She sounded good but not as good as the album version. She didn't even get a standing ovation!

 

Why would she get a standing ovation? It was Ennio's moment, not hers.

 

i just feel like the sound system doesn't sound right, what do you guys think

 

I think it was a combo. of the sound system and the orchestra being louder than her microphone level.

 

All in all I loved the performance. Granted it was a bit short, but seeing as it's the Oscars I never expected it to be the full version.

 

...Joe...

AMEN. Best Post Of The Day!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted

I so much love the little movement of leg before the note, Las Vegas thing :P

And the changing of robe was so great!

http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Posted

I just posted the audio in the multimedia section, for those of you that couldn't hear it.

 

It's VERY LOW QUALITY, but it will do the trick until someone posts a better quality track.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
She looked great for sure. She sounded ok. But it was so short!
Posted
Celine was so good, simple and beatiful. She didnt get the standing ovation beacause the honour was for Ennio not for her, Celine just put her voice for the tribute, she looks better with the pink dress! wow!
Posted

Τhe start was a bit sudden but Celine's general performance was one of her best! I liked the colour of her voice, everything was very placid and classic and her dressing was really glamorous!! Gongratulations to Celine for being such an authentic and powerful singer...definately the best singer in the world!

Today it was the classy lady of 39 years old, the mother, wife, professional singer with a remarkable carrer that keeps her glory always!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

 

....Well it's 6:15 in the morning and i am stuck on my computer by 9:30 in the night! I got to get some rest!! It was very nice ti share this magnificent night with all of you here! I hope there'll be many other moments like this one in the future!! :clap:

 

Bye Bye.. :bye1:

22.06.2008 "The Greeks with the Pig"

LIVED THE BEST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE

 

CELINE DION LIVE IN MUNICH

Posted

She was great! A bit more nervous than usual though! I think she got teary also, but I'm not so sure about it! She got in the stage, in front of an amazing curtain wich was looking like drops, like a waterfall, and she started singing towards Ennio's side!

 

It was too little for Celine, and for a world's song premiere as they called it! Too shortened!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ermm: :down:

But Celine, so classy :blushing: :D

Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook
Posted
She sounded better live than the recorded version. Who wouldn't be nervous knowing how many people were listening. Is there a pattern with technical difficulties when she sings during an award show :huh:

post-789-0-85779200-1435722092_thumb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg

Posted (edited)
Very weak vocals. Totally forgettable performance. We certainly won't be talking about this Oscars performance in years to come....

 

She looked hot as hell though, not that it compensates.

 

Well, this server will sure remember tonight, with over 1000+ posts now. :giggle:

 

and the performance is not forgettable...

 

besides, I have never seen a Oscar performance with so much glitz and glam behind a singer!! It was just fabulous! Celine sparkled and the background was beautiful to look at!

Edited by Lawna
Posted

TO ME IT WAS SO PERFECT!!! IT DOENST MATTER IF IT WAS SHORTER. SHE SOUNDED OUTSTANDING AND BODY LANGUAGE WAS AMAZING!

 

OMG. I DO LOVE HER

AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Posted
If she was nervous i can't blame her, this has been her first major television performance i n years! When she finishes Vegas i hope she does more of them to get her conifdence back!
http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
Posted
She was great! A bit more nervous than usual though! I think she got teary also, but I'm not so sure about it! She got in the stage, in front of an amazing curtain wich was looking like drops, like a waterfall, and she started singing towards Ennio's side!

 

It was too little for Celine, and for a world's song premiere as they called it! Too shortened!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ermm:  :down:

But Celine, so classy :blushing:  :D

 

Very True indeed aside from everything the lights contrast and the Swarovski Curtain was AMAZING!!!

Posted
okay, so I didn't have a complete and total omgcelineisamazing!!! But she was absolutely GORGEOUS and she sounded amazing, the song was a little short... but I'm happy nonetheless ^_^
Posted
hate to break it to y ou guys but i don't think there were technical difficulties... i think it was celines vocals. she was really off tonight. but its ok because she is human, shes not perfect. for all the times that she does amazing there can be a few times when she bombs
Posted
She looked AMAZING! :wub: :wub: :wub: The performance wasn't the best though. :confused:
Posted
i loved the performance and also the voice was clear...not WEAK!!!

 

-11th/12th November 2004 Las Vegas Caesar's Palace!! First ROW!!

-6th May 2008 London O2 Arena,

-19th & 20th May 2008 Paris Bercy

-2nd June 2008 Amsterdam Arena

-14th June 2008 Frankfurt Commerzbank

-3rd July 2008 Milan Datch Forum

-5th July 2008 Nice Stade Nikaia

Posted

celine looks very good~~~good dress, good voice~~~

what the old man say i don't understand~~~~ok and now i will have a lunch~~~~

Posted
I don't even think that she was nervous because of being live or that it's the Oscars..... The thing is more about she being the center of attention doing such a big Tribute to such a HUGE Character
Posted
Mannn. I missed Celine on the red carpet. But, I saw her perform. She changed from a green dress to a VERY elegant beigey one. She looked soooooooooooooooo hot. My sister and her husband were moved by her BEAUTIFUL SINGING, so was I. I love her :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
and the performance is not forgettable...

It was one of the most forgettable performances of Celine's entire career. We talk about MHWGO at the Oscars, All By Myself at the Grammy's or even other poor performances like LCMM at the World Music Awards where she got all weird and high pitched because they were events that stick with us, but this was just dull. Far too short, far too boring....this performance will ONLY be remembered because Celine looks mindblowing. The vocals were far too weak and the song far too short to remember it any other way.

Posted

Everyone has their opinion, but Celine sang the song well and completely from beginning to end. It was an honorable tribute. She looked very gorgeous!

post-9144-1172463776.jpg

post-9144-1172463778_thumb.jpg

Posted

Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you...

 

It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this.

 

I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing.

 

THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted (edited)
one of her worst performances ever , honestly...she started good but then went off tune , she was sooooooooooooooo nervous :glare:

Why the hell are you trolling and talking crap about Celine's performance. She was on their time and the Orchestra was too loud and the mic wasn't set on the right setting. She is not a damn Cylon. So keep your rude comments to your self. Not unless you want a Ad mid on your butt again. Edited by blue.grave
For the joy of life, My passion for video gaming, and my Love for Celine Dion.
Posted
Everyone has their opinion, but Celine  sang the song well and completely from beginning to end. It was an honorable tribute. She looked very gorgeous!

post-9144-1172463776.jpg

post-9144-1172463778_thumb.jpg

 

 

Celine did a great job with the song...I mean people say it's not her best, but Celine did we she could with it...a beautiful song, YES...but she couldn't do anymore than what she did. It is what it is...on the other hand, Beyonce was incredible right now. If Celine had a song like that, she would be rockin' it out like Beyonce. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...