KyleVan41 Posted May 23, 2023 at 11:55 AM Posted May 23, 2023 at 11:55 AM Love again soundtrack did not debut in the top 200 on the billboard chart ….woah! Lol Quote
Shaun Posted May 23, 2023 at 12:14 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 12:14 PM That’s astonishing. Where has her audience gone? Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 23, 2023 at 12:15 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 12:15 PM Love Again movie did not flopped.. woah lol Quote
Nmj Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:00 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:00 PM That’s astonishing. Where has her audience gone? Where they have always been…. I love Celine and I didn’t buy the album. I don’t see a reason in buying an album for 5 songs, I already own the others and there’s nothing special about them, they could’ve reworked them somehow but they were lazy. And the icing on the cake is NO PROMOTION. 2 Quote
CourageProject Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:00 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:00 PM Who buys album these days? Quote
Nmj Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:08 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:08 PM Who buys album these days? Exactly. I only stream. 2 Quote
Shaun Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:35 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:35 PM Ok so the question I guess becomes why didn’t people stream the album then? Just for perspective the artist at #198 was Lil Uzu Vert (who?) with their album that has been on the chart for over 3 years. Celine didn’t have enough streams / sales to get even ahead of that? Wow. As I said, where has her audience gone? 1 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
incognito Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:43 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:43 PM (edited) Ok so the question I guess becomes why didn’t people stream the album then? Just for perspective the artist at #198 was Lil Uzu Vert (who?) with their album that has been on the chart for over 3 years. Celine didn’t have enough streams / sales to get even ahead of that? Wow. As I said, where has her audience gone? I don’t listen to her new stuff because of the poor enunciating and mumbled crap. I liked her for her crystal clear voice. Every English album after Taking Chances has been torture to my ears. Same reason I stopped listening to Mariah after every song became a whisper. Sing properly please. It’s not even about the range. I listen to Taylor Swift 24/7….it’s not mumbled crap trying to sound like Sia who is crap. Edited May 23, 2023 at 02:45 PM by incognito 2 Quote
Shaun Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:51 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 02:51 PM (edited) I don’t listen to her new stuff because of the poor enunciating and mumbled crap. I liked her for her crystal clear voice. Every English album after Taking Chances has been torture to my ears. I think this is a good point. The “casual” fan clearly doesn’t like what they’ve been hearing and furthermore the long gaps between albums has obviously meant people have drifted away too. Edited May 23, 2023 at 02:51 PM by Shaun 1 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
comingback Posted May 23, 2023 at 03:10 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 03:10 PM (edited) I like some songs on TC (TC, Alone,SS,SOL) and the first half on LMBTL (LMBTL is amazing❤️). But yes Courage is horrible. And like the others said, I don't buy an album for 5 new songs. Edited May 23, 2023 at 03:16 PM by comingback Quote
A new day... Posted May 23, 2023 at 03:40 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 03:40 PM (edited) Remember how Courage debuted at 150-something after one week (the #1 thanks to the tour bundles does not count to me), I am absolutely not surprised. And this time we're not even talking about a new album. Despite the OST not charting, I am so in love with the new tracks though Edited May 23, 2023 at 03:42 PM by A new day... Quote
nomys Posted May 23, 2023 at 03:48 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 03:48 PM I bought the album just in support cause my new car don t have a cd player. Céline s audience need to see her on TV to know she has new music. GMA is not enough promotion. And the album is ugly. A beautiful picture of Céline , more new songs, lyrics, new arrangements for the old songs , would have been good. 3 Quote
smw Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:10 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:10 PM I bought the album because that’s the equivalent of MANY streams — and it sends a message to Sony to release more Celine material. But I thought it would have performed better. I was expecting at least top 50 on Billboard. Perhaps it would have if Celine were able to promote it. Regardless, the new music is still gaining streams on YouTube. And once the movie is streaming, I hope more people discover the music. 1 Quote
No1IrishFan Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:42 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:42 PM The next few years will be very interesting for Celine. We don’t know if she will even continue making music but if she does their approach will be telling. The casual fan doesn’t want what Celine is currently selling. She needs a back to basics album with crystal clear vocals and a mountain of promo. Unless she doesn’t care and genuinely wants to release what she wants to record but I don’t know if I fully buy that when she says it. I hope in a way that the way courage fell off the chart and now this album failing to chart might spur them into trying harder. It might have the opposite effect though and they might stop trying completely. 1 Quote
smw Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:49 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:49 PM (edited) Team Celine didn’t try very hard to promote the new music on social media. I know we’re not surprised. At the very least, they could have given each new song its own post — with photos from the recording sessions, tidbits about the sessions, etc. Hopefully they still will… but it seems like they should’ve done a little bit more to ensure decent success on the charts. It almost seems like they wanted to quietly put the album out there and then just be done with it, as far as social media is concerned. The YouTube presence is better — with the Love Again and I’ll Be videos. Edited May 23, 2023 at 04:50 PM by smw Quote
No1IrishFan Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:56 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 04:56 PM The lack of push from TC could also be an indicator that her treatment isn’t going to plan and the tour is about to scrapped. Would they invest in major promo shouting from the rooftops look at me and my new music to be followed by a tour cancellation a month later? Just a thought. 2 Quote
smw Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:00 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:00 PM The lack of push from TC could also be an indicator that her treatment isn’t going to plan and the tour is about to scrapped. Would they invest in major promo shouting from the rooftops look at me and my new music to be followed by a tour cancellation a month later? Just a thought. Yeah, that makes sense. Granted, they weren’t very good about promoting her music even when she was well. I have wondered if they are scrambling behind the scenes and gearing up for the tour cancellation. Quote
scielle Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:02 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:02 PM The lack of push from TC could also be an indicator that her treatment isn’t going to plan and the tour is about to scrapped. Would they invest in major promo shouting from the rooftops look at me and my new music to be followed by a tour cancellation a month later? Just a thought. That would also jive with the reporting that she’s winding down her business activities and laying people off… 1 Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:08 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:08 PM It’s not a flop as it’s not her album. It’s a film track for a basic film with noProMotion from her. Get a grip. It’s s slushy romantic trashy film. It’s no titanic 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Next !!The fact that you are trying not to associate this album with Celine proves my point. 😂 1 Quote
smw Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:09 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:09 PM That would also jive with the reporting that she’s winding down her business activities and laying people off… Yeah, it makes sense that as she continues getting treatments, she would want to declutter her life and get everything streamlined. And make sure her finances are secured. It doesn’t mean she’s bowing out of the music business forever. Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:14 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:14 PM That’s astonishing. Where has her audience gone?Her audience is accustomed to careful productions and crystal clear vocals. "Love Again" does not qualify. Quote
Shaun Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:16 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:16 PM Her audience is accustomed to careful productions and crystal clear vocals. "Love Again" does not qualify. And they know this without buying it or streaming it do they? Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
comingback Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:17 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:17 PM I think she had/or still has a stem cell therapy and this is a very complicated treatment. Yes, the radio silence and lack of promo show that her condition is not the best right now and they wlll cancel the rest of the tour. The big question is: Will she ever be able to return to the music scene again? So sad 😢. Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:17 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:17 PM I don’t listen to her new stuff because of the poor enunciating and mumbled crap. I liked her for her crystal clear voice. Every English album after Taking Chances has been torture to my ears. Same reason I stopped listening to Mariah after every song became a whisper. Sing properly please. Agreed 100%. Celine has the voice to elevate the most average song into something good. How they decided to mess up with it so badly is beyond me. Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:21 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:21 PM And they know this without buying it or streaming it do they?I think her audience is well aware of the release, probably checked the new material and did not quite like it. Quote
Shaun Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:24 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:24 PM (edited) I think her audience is well aware of the release, probably checked the new material and did not quite like it. I think, as has been pointed out, it’s a longer term thing. She’s not really released what we’d call a “classic” Celine song in ages. “Ashes” was probably about the closest thing and should’ve been included on “Courage” as overall that wasn’t great and included a lot of the mumbling, poor annunciation that has been referred to. Still expected “Love Again” to make the top 200 though I have to say. Edited May 23, 2023 at 05:26 PM by Shaun Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
CourageProject Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:25 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:25 PM Who IS TC anymore? I feel its vastly reduced to barely none now. Quote
LukeD Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:32 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:32 PM I think, as has been pointed out, it’s a longer term thing. She’s not really released what we’d call a “classic” Celine song in ages. “Ashes” was probably about the closest thing and should’ve been included on “Courage” as overall that wasn’t great and included a lot of the mumbling, poor annunciation that has been referred to. Still expected “Love Again” to make the top 200 though I have to say.Yes I agree. I love Courage and I think the material was very strong, but the singing approach and production did not do it justice. Take "Lovers Never Die" for example. Nice melody and lyrics, quite catchy and different to what she usually does, but it sounds recorded inside a tin can. 😶 Quote
smw Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:33 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:33 PM (edited) Her audience is accustomed to careful productions and crystal clear vocals. "Love Again" does not qualify. It’s the closest classic Celine sound we’ve had in years. Since Ashes and The Hard Way. I think she sounds divine on Love of My Life. A similar tone, at times, to her cover of Wicked Game. Edited May 23, 2023 at 05:36 PM by smw 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:58 PM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:58 PM I've bought the physical CD on Amazon, and I'm waiting for it to arrive... Bought two copies to help the salles and because I'm a little crazy lol 4 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.