LukeD Posted May 24, 2023 at 01:49 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 01:49 PM ATW was at peak of her popularity, after Titanic hysteria and world tour. For My Love, I never understood why it was so popular.ML is far more comprehensive than ATW and TCSV1. It really showcases Celine's anglophone career. Plus, it was released during a highly successful world tour. 1 Quote
Del Posted May 24, 2023 at 02:05 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 02:05 PM Kinda like All The Way and My Love Essential Collections which both sold millions? I feel the reason these sold more were because they were released when streaming was either non existing or just starting. Would be interesting to see how these albums would fair in today’s market if released now and given the same type of promotion they had back then. Quote Instagram: @delphis78
comingback Posted May 24, 2023 at 02:49 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 02:49 PM (edited) Kylie has never been on Celine's league sales-wise. I do not understand where this comparison comes from. Kylie is a Pop Icon and she has the same age as Celine. She is also a strong woman, who fought against Breast Cancer. I like her. Edited May 24, 2023 at 02:53 PM by comingback 3 Quote
mirage Posted May 24, 2023 at 03:40 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 03:40 PM I guess most of us know that very well. But lately she made it a habit to sound so different as possible. Which on some songs works very well, for example in Change My Mind she gets away with it. But most of the times it isn't doing much for the song. For me crystal clear vocals these days, are what she does in Love Of My Life. If she sang half of Courage with that voice, it would definitely do more to me. Her 90s crystal clear power belting voice may be changed.But she I get what everyone is saying about crystal clear, vintage Celine vocals but maybe they're just not there anymore. Ageing does effect the voice. However, I think the 5 we got are pretty good. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted May 24, 2023 at 04:17 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 04:17 PM Kylie is a Pop Icon and she has the same age as Celine. She is also a strong woman, who fought against Breast Cancer. I like her.I like her too and I agree with all your comments but from a commercial standpoint we should not use her as a standard to measure Celine's success. Kylie has sold like 80m records and Celine above 250m. It would only make sense for Kylie to sell less than Celine and if they tie, then this means Celine is under-performing. Quote
smw Posted May 24, 2023 at 06:04 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 06:04 PM (edited) I tend to look at people like Mariah, Madonna, and Shania whenever they are launching a new project -- like an album or a tour. I feel like they're more comporable to Celine. For instance, the music video for Shania's new song Giddy Up! has around 2.4 million views after 4 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6BGu-GyKWQ These "older" artists tend to not get nearly as many views / streams as younger ones. Even Gwen Stefani's new music videos have pretty low views. It's tough out there these days. So I understand why Celine has focused so much on live performance. It's where she's remained highly sought after. So if she's not able to regularly perform anymore, and she gets better with her treatments, it will be interesting to see how she goes about her career moving forward. Edited May 24, 2023 at 06:05 PM by smw 4 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 24, 2023 at 10:32 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 10:32 PM Kylie has never been on Celine's league sales-wise. I do not understand where this comparison comes from. All I was saying was I'm pleasantly surprised Celine's song is keeping up with a song that's a dance/club bop, with a great music video, that is the song on everyone's lips right now. Even if it does come from someone who's sold less than Celine -- she is Celine's same age more or less. Now it's only been a week or so for "Padam Padam", but seeing Celine's lyric video at 2.6 million is good, I think it's a healthy number. Shania is a great comparison, if we compare to her, then "Love Again" is a success as well. 1 Quote
smw Posted May 24, 2023 at 10:49 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 10:49 PM I’m holding out hope that Celine sings a Bond theme one day. That would be perfection for her career / legacy. 6 Quote
mebe Posted May 24, 2023 at 10:52 PM Posted May 24, 2023 at 10:52 PM In Québec : -Top Sales English albums: Love Again is #1 -Top Sales English Songs:The Gift is #2I'll Be is #3Love Again is #5 -Top Radio English Songs:Love Again is #4 Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk 5 Quote
Del Posted May 25, 2023 at 02:01 PM Posted May 25, 2023 at 02:01 PM Love again soundtrack did not debut in the top 200 on the billboard chart ….woah! Lol I am not surprised by this. I ordered mine from Archambault because I had a feeling I would have issues finding a physical copy. I wasn’t wrong because of the 3 places I went this week that sell music only 1 place had them. My local Sunrise Records didn’t even have Céline albums under her name. If it’s like this in English Canada I imagine the USA being much worst especially since it’s a soundtrack album. Quote Instagram: @delphis78
MaiconSC Posted May 25, 2023 at 05:25 PM Posted May 25, 2023 at 05:25 PM finally my CD arrived... it feels so good to actually hold her new music in your hands...I found the presentation of the CD pretty beautiful... but the booklet is so poor compared to all her other releases... it could at least have the lyrics of the new songs...the design, the colours, even the white tray is beautiful, but I wish the booklet was more elaborated... we have only 3 pictures of her... 1 Quote
ryba Posted May 25, 2023 at 05:45 PM Posted May 25, 2023 at 05:45 PM (edited) I'm holding out hope that Celine sings a Bond theme one day. That would be perfection for her career / legacy.She probably never will. She is not a British artist. Moreover, without a proper and knowledgeable manager we will always have this minimalistic approach to things. When Aldo was in charge we experienced a real Celinessance, but once he was gone everything stopped. The Courage era was a joke. Edited May 25, 2023 at 05:48 PM by ryba Quote
Loup_garou Posted May 25, 2023 at 05:54 PM Posted May 25, 2023 at 05:54 PM (edited) She probably never will. She is not a British artist. Garbage / Tina Turner / A-ha / Nancy Sinatra / Chris Cornell / Gladys Knight /Sheryl Crow/K.d Lang/Alicia Keys/ ... far guess but I think most 007 performers are not from the UK Edited May 25, 2023 at 05:55 PM by Loup_garou 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 25, 2023 at 08:24 PM Posted May 25, 2023 at 08:24 PM Garbage / Tina Turner / A-ha / Nancy Sinatra / Chris Cornell / Gladys Knight /Sheryl Crow/K.d Lang/Alicia Keys/ ... far guess but I think most 007 performers are not from the UK Add Madonna to that list. Kev x 2 Quote
Chantemoi Posted May 25, 2023 at 09:21 PM Posted May 25, 2023 at 09:21 PM Add Madonna to that list. Kev x No, that’s okay. You can keep Madonna Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 25, 2023 at 10:02 PM Posted May 25, 2023 at 10:02 PM No, that’s okay. You can keep Madonna Lol I agree to a point but it’s in the history books. Kev x Quote
rfkavanagh Posted May 26, 2023 at 04:34 AM Posted May 26, 2023 at 04:34 AM I am not surprised by this. I ordered mine from Archambault because I had a feeling I would have issues finding a physical copy. I wasn’t wrong because of the 3 places I went this week that sell music only 1 place had them. My local Sunrise Records didn’t even have Céline albums under her name. If it’s like this in English Canada I imagine the USA being much worst especially since it’s a soundtrack album. Surprisingly, Walmart is carrying the soundtrack in the US, so it's widely available if people look. Granted, each store probably only has one or two copies, but I didn't expect to see it there at all. (I'm currently traveling and have seen more Walmarts of late than ever before in my life; I always check the music section!) 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 30, 2023 at 02:25 AM Posted May 30, 2023 at 02:25 AM (edited) Love this reaction. Also, he echoes what I wrote a couple weeks ago. If you played this for casual fans who know Celine but aren't hardcore, they wouldn't necessarily think it was her. "It doesn't sound like her, but it does" Edited May 30, 2023 at 02:35 AM by PuraVida Quote
Katie Posted May 30, 2023 at 07:48 PM Posted May 30, 2023 at 07:48 PM Wonderfing if the album charted on the Canadian LP charts, as it did well on itunes, the two first weel after its realse! Any news, guys... Quote
mebe Posted May 31, 2023 at 12:22 AM Posted May 31, 2023 at 12:22 AM In Québec : -Top Sales English albums: Love Again is #1 -Top Sales English Songs:The Gift is #2I'll Be is #3Love Again is #5 -Top Radio English Songs:Love Again is #4 Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant TapatalkThis week in Québec (May 30th-June 5th): Top Sales English Albums: Love Again is still #1Top Sales English Songs : Love Again is #4 Top Radio English Songs : Love Again is #3 Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk 2 Quote
rodrigofreitas Posted June 2, 2023 at 02:02 PM Posted June 2, 2023 at 02:02 PM Celine Dion-The Gifts ( GRATT Remix ) | Reggae | Republic Of Beat 1 Quote
Balao Posted June 2, 2023 at 03:09 PM Posted June 2, 2023 at 03:09 PM Lol I agree to a point but it's in the history books. Kev x Madonna is American. So are Billie Eilish and Jack White. Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted June 2, 2023 at 06:05 PM Posted June 2, 2023 at 06:05 PM Madonna is American. So are Billie Eilish and Jack White. I know… Kev x 1 Quote
Shaun Posted June 2, 2023 at 08:12 PM Posted June 2, 2023 at 08:12 PM #14 in UK Soundtrack Album Chart this week. 4 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Taking Chances Posted June 4, 2023 at 11:51 PM Posted June 4, 2023 at 11:51 PM So I made some new covers for the Love Again Soundtrack. I used the Love Again logo from Celine's website and the rest is from the original cover. Since we only got a screenshot of Celine from the movie as the cover, I included the sticker as well just to add something to the cover. 4 Quote
CourageProject Posted June 5, 2023 at 02:06 AM Posted June 5, 2023 at 02:06 AM „So there are 12 new songs 4 of them are Celine dion’s biggest hits And 8 are brand new songs including Love again is one of the songsAnd love can’t be broken is another Gatica has announced to one of his fans There’s no way to say ‘love can’t be broken ‘ is the same song as ‘play me like a love song’ But it’s possible tbh tho I don’t think we are getting it tho ‘Love can’t be broken ‘ is actually being released as a single in September! So who knows!“Cough cough Quote
Loup_garou Posted June 5, 2023 at 07:02 PM Posted June 5, 2023 at 07:02 PM (edited) Someone’s watching the forum Lots of love to Sean Fischer! Edited June 5, 2023 at 07:07 PM by Loup_garou 1 Quote
Allysadreams Posted June 6, 2023 at 10:48 AM Posted June 6, 2023 at 10:48 AM I was listening to 'Love of my life' the other day and it made me cry, it was the first time i've properly listening to it and processed the words....So that song plus 'I'll be' are by far my favourites, Love again song is my 3rd favourite, I kind of skip the other 2 songs, not because I hate them but I just listened once and thought 'meh' 1 Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
Peppercorn1991 Posted June 6, 2023 at 07:10 PM Posted June 6, 2023 at 07:10 PM I still enjoy all of the songs and feel lucky we have them. Each one brings something new. Kev x 5 Quote
ryba Posted June 6, 2023 at 07:33 PM Posted June 6, 2023 at 07:33 PM (edited) I don't understand why I'll be has not become a global radio hit yet. I guess it's because, once again and as always, the timing is not on Celines side. There is no real hype around her like in 2016. And when you release new stuff without a big hype and promo you cannot expect great results. Encore un Soir probably did so well, because it had proper promo, even in America, which was unusual, but Aldo really made an effort to put Celine back on the map. Edited June 6, 2023 at 07:34 PM by ryba 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.