smw Posted July 14, 2023 at 09:41 PM Posted July 14, 2023 at 09:41 PM (edited) Hopeful Celine is able to have another big career moment outside of live performance. If she’s well enough, I’m sure we’ll get another beautiful French album, hopefully a fantastic documentary, and ideally a big new English song like a Bond theme. I think the stars will align for her if she’s able to make some sort of comeback — people in power / decision-makers will have empathy for her and see her as the living icon she is. Edited July 14, 2023 at 09:42 PM by smw 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 15, 2023 at 12:21 AM Posted July 15, 2023 at 12:21 AM (edited) Don't forget that Céline was branded as a conservative soccer mom during the peak of her career — not a dance hall diva. She was getting some momentum after 2016, but her extradition silence during the pandemic and her subsequent health problems put the damper on that. Even if she'd had the time/opportunity to overhauling her image with, say, a full dance album, do you think she'd really be invested in that?Unfortunately no. She kind of had this opportunity the One Heart album 20 years ago and we all know what happened. Edited July 15, 2023 at 12:23 AM by GoldenLeaf 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 15, 2023 at 06:39 AM Posted July 15, 2023 at 06:39 AM (edited) Unfortunately no. She kind of had this opportunity the One Heart album 20 years ago and we all know what happened. I just wanted to write the same.🙂 Edited July 15, 2023 at 06:45 AM by comingback Quote
comingback Posted July 15, 2023 at 07:01 AM Posted July 15, 2023 at 07:01 AM Unfortunately no. She kind of had this opportunity the One Heart album 20 years ago and we all know what happened. I was about to write the same. Quote
jmiracle Posted July 15, 2023 at 07:06 AM Posted July 15, 2023 at 07:06 AM I think that what she needs is another timeless album, one of those that could get her another Grammy. She should try new sounds and collaborators. I dream of a Celine album in the vibe of Taylor Swift’s Folklore and Evermore. 1 Quote
manu23 Posted July 15, 2023 at 07:58 AM Posted July 15, 2023 at 07:58 AM Kylie's Padam Padam music video on YouTube already has over 10 million views. It's doing better than the lyrics videos from Love Again and it's even doing better than Celine's music videos from Courage (I'm talking about Courage and Imperfections). I knew Padam Padam would do well the moment I heard it, it is an amazing song. It's doing great in UK and Australia, and in some European markets but not in America. Older artists have better chances in Europe where radios and public in general are less ageist. Celine also did well with LMBTL in UK and Encore un soir was #1 in France and other French speaking markets. But USA is lost for older artist.I'm really glad for Kylie, the song is really good. Quote
anewdayhascome Posted July 15, 2023 at 09:25 AM Posted July 15, 2023 at 09:25 AM No. 1 for the 3rd week in a row! You can vote daily! https://rc.fm/top30 1 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
ryba Posted July 15, 2023 at 10:24 AM Posted July 15, 2023 at 10:24 AM (edited) What about Rmf.fm? Do they play her at all nowadays? I remember 15 years ago that Rmf.fm played her every single day. I remember when they used to play Tous Les Secrets all the time She even made a tv spot for them. Good old days… Edited July 15, 2023 at 10:25 AM by ryba Quote
rfkavanagh Posted July 15, 2023 at 02:06 PM Posted July 15, 2023 at 02:06 PM I knew Padam Padam would do well the moment I heard it, it is an amazing song. It's doing great in UK and Australia, and in some European markets but not in America. Older artists have better chances in Europe where radios and public in general are less ageist. Celine also did well with LMBTL in UK and Encore un soir was #1 in France and other French speaking markets. But USA is lost for older artist.I'm really glad for Kylie, the song is really good. Padam Padam's US radio impact date isn't until August 1st, but it's already been added by some Top 40/Hot AC formats. It's too early to say how it'll do in the US, but I'd say signs are looking pretty good! Other than their age, though, I don't really see much of a comparison to make to Céline. They're such wildly different artists with completely different histories and success stories. Quote
comingback Posted July 15, 2023 at 02:55 PM Posted July 15, 2023 at 02:55 PM (edited) Padam Padam's US radio impact date isn't until August 1st, but it's already been added by some Top 40/Hot AC formats. It's too early to say how it'll do in the US, but I'd say signs are looking pretty good! Other than their age, though, I don't really see much of a comparison to make to Céline. They're such wildly different artists with completely different histories and success stories. Right. But Kylie copied Celine's Vegas show concept on her Showgirl Tour in 2005 and Celine copied Kylie's Dance Pop sound on One Heart (the song Reveal etc.). And both are strong women: Kylie fought against Breast Cancer and Celine is fighting against SPS. Edited July 15, 2023 at 03:11 PM by comingback Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 15, 2023 at 05:17 PM Posted July 15, 2023 at 05:17 PM (edited) Right. But Kylie copied Celine's Vegas show concept on her Showgirl Tour in 2005 and Celine copied Kylie's Dance Pop sound on One Heart (the song Reveal etc.). And both are strong women: Kylie fought against Breast Cancer and Celine is fighting against SPS.This is totally true!!! Unlike the other divas like Madonna, the late Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, Kylie and Celine are nice and down to earth women. They have more in common than just having the same age. Edited July 15, 2023 at 05:19 PM by GoldenLeaf Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 15, 2023 at 06:19 PM Posted July 15, 2023 at 06:19 PM This is totally true!!! Unlike the other divas like Madonna, the late Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, Kylie and Celine are nice and down to earth women. They have more in common than just having the same age. Whitney was actually a lovely woman. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
comingback Posted July 15, 2023 at 06:40 PM Posted July 15, 2023 at 06:40 PM (edited) Whitney was actually a lovely woman. Whitney was sweet and lovely, but also a Diva. Not like Celine and Kylie, who are Anti-Divas. Edited July 15, 2023 at 06:42 PM by comingback Quote
mebe Posted July 19, 2023 at 05:58 PM Posted July 19, 2023 at 05:58 PM This week in Québec (July 11th to 17th):Top Radio English Songs : TG is still #3. LA is out. Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant TapatalkThis week in Québec (July 18th to 24th):Top Radio English Songs : TG at #3 Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk Quote
anewdayhascome Posted July 22, 2023 at 07:05 PM Posted July 22, 2023 at 07:05 PM No. 1 for the 3rd week in a row! You can vote daily! https://rc.fm/top30 No. 1 for the 4th week! Keep voting 😁 1 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
anewdayhascome Posted July 29, 2023 at 08:14 AM Posted July 29, 2023 at 08:14 AM No. 1 for the FIFTH week And the ONLY song that hasn't changed its position You can vote daily! https://rc.fm/top30 Total run: 6, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Celine debuted at 6 after one week in the propositions while Kylie Minogue debuted at 30 after a couple of weeks 2 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
george_matei Posted July 29, 2023 at 09:01 AM Posted July 29, 2023 at 09:01 AM No. 1 for the FIFTH week And the ONLY song that hasn't changed its position You can vote daily! https://rc.fm/top30 Total run: 6, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Celine debuted at 6 after one week in the propositions while Kylie Minogue debuted at 30 after a couple of weeks Well, I don't what that chart is, but in reality Padam Padam is somewhere in top 10 worldwide and it's a current huge hit, while I'll Be is nowhere to find. Because it wasn't promote it and it's not a hit material to be totally honest. The only songs that were hit material from Celine in the last 10 years are Loved Me Back To Life and Lying Down... two missed opportunities. Her team needs to release a beautiful and WELL PRODUCED ballad for a big movie if we want her to have another hit. Or a feat. with Adele or Lady Gaga, but it will never happen. But I doubt it, she is just a legacy artist at this moment. Quote
george_matei Posted July 29, 2023 at 09:02 AM Posted July 29, 2023 at 09:02 AM No. 1 for the FIFTH week And the ONLY song that hasn't changed its position You can vote daily! https://rc.fm/top30 Total run: 6, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Celine debuted at 6 after one week in the propositions while Kylie Minogue debuted at 30 after a couple of weeks And sorry for being that direct with you, but reality is different from this unknown chart (irrelevant in the worldwide music industry). Quote
anewdayhascome Posted July 29, 2023 at 10:08 AM Posted July 29, 2023 at 10:08 AM It's not a blockbuster but you could at least appreciate that it does well on some other chart outside of Quebec🙄 1 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
smw Posted July 29, 2023 at 03:43 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 03:43 PM (edited) Well, I don't what that chart is, but in reality Padam Padam is somewhere in top 10 worldwide and it's a current huge hit, while I'll Be is nowhere to find. Because it wasn't promote it and it's not a hit material to be totally honest. The only songs that were hit material from Celine in the last 10 years are Loved Me Back To Life and Lying Down... two missed opportunities. Her team needs to release a beautiful and WELL PRODUCED ballad for a big movie if we want her to have another hit. Or a feat. with Adele or Lady Gaga, but it will never happen. But I doubt it, she is just a legacy artist at this moment. A well done, big duet with a more current artist would be a great move for her career! And I think a lot of people would jump at the chance to work with her, especially now that she's been through such personal hardships. I remember Brandi Carlile reached out to Celine in an Instagram post -- and I bet she would gladly sing with Celine or produce some new music for her. Brandi's worked with a lot of legacy artists lately -- like Joni Mitchell, Wynonna Judd, etc. Also, Ashes was a big success. It wasn't a radio hit but it has 125 million views on YouTube whereas Courage only has 10 million. Ashes is a perfect modern-day Celine song. I'm glad we have at least one well-known English song from Celine from the past few years. Here's Brandi's new song from the Barbie soundtrack. A cover of the Indigo Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTgDxdzWTg I think her voice with Celine's would be lovely. Edited July 29, 2023 at 03:47 PM by smw 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 29, 2023 at 04:40 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 04:40 PM A well done, big duet with a more current artist would be a great move for her career! And I think a lot of people would jump at the chance to work with her, especially now that she's been through such personal hardships. I remember Brandi Carlile reached out to Celine in an Instagram post -- and I bet she would gladly sing with Celine or produce some new music for her. Brandi's worked with a lot of legacy artists lately -- like Joni Mitchell, Wynonna Judd, etc. Also, Ashes was a big success. It wasn't a radio hit but it has 125 million views on YouTube whereas Courage only has 10 million. Ashes is a perfect modern-day Celine song. I'm glad we have at least one well-known English song from Celine from the past few years. Here's Brandi's new song from the Barbie soundtrack. A cover of the Indigo Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTgDxdzWTg I think her voice with Celine's would be lovely.This ''Closer To Find'' song is very bland and boring. No Hit material at all, that's probably why it had only 92,000 views on YouTube in 8 days lol. I'd rather listen to something like Padam Padam than something like this. Quote
smw Posted July 29, 2023 at 04:54 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 04:54 PM (edited) This ''Closer To Find'' song is very bland and boring. No Hit material at all, that's probably why it had only 92,000 views on YouTube in 8 days lol. I'd rather listen to something like Padam Padam than something like this. Brandi’s created some epic music too. And I think this song is lovely! Just a simple, low key song that highlights her gorgeous voice. And “Closer to Fine” by the Indigo Girls is a big song in the Barbie movie. Padam Padam is a lot of fun! A cute little bop. I thought it was very nice that Brandi reached out with such a kind message for Celine. Edited July 29, 2023 at 04:55 PM by smw Quote
Zofia Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:38 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:38 PM A well done, big duet with a more current artist would be a great move for her career! And I think a lot of people would jump at the chance to work with her, especially now that she's been through such personal hardships. I remember Brandi Carlile reached out to Celine in an Instagram post -- and I bet she would gladly sing with Celine or produce some new music for her. Brandi's worked with a lot of legacy artists lately -- like Joni Mitchell, Wynonna Judd, etc. Also, Ashes was a big success. It wasn't a radio hit but it has 125 million views on YouTube whereas Courage only has 10 million. Ashes is a perfect modern-day Celine song. I'm glad we have at least one well-known English song from Celine from the past few years. Here's Brandi's new song from the Barbie soundtrack. A cover of the Indigo Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTgDxdzWTg I think her voice with Celine's would be lovely. I confess that few things have moved me so deeply in this business as the Newport Festival in 2022 and Joni Mitchell's long-awaited comeback (recently released on CD). And this resuscitation of a legendary artist would not have been possible without Brandi Carlile's support, tender friendship and reverence for Joni. And without her extremely rare ability in the world of show business: to put someone else, instead of herself, in the spotlight. Yes, Brandi seems capable of such sisterhood. Her duet with Wynonna Judd is also fabulous. Which is why I, too, was touched by her comment in Céline's post: "I'm sending you so much love. I know we don't know one another but I've always loved you very much and I'll be praying for you and believing in you from here. You've got this." In her Instagram she once published a private karaoke evening during which she and her wife sang Céline hits at the top of their lungs. I sometimes think that one day, if Céline were ever able to make a comeback (in whatever form) - and if she still wanted to - the support of such a caring, attentive and unselfish singer and songwriter as Brandi Carlile could be invaluable. And what's more, if there is a professional future for Céline, I believe that in her fragile situation, the human side - the warmth and support of others - will take precedence over the "will it be a hit or not" business side. You don't have to make hits to reach people. 1 Quote
CourageProject Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:45 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:45 PM TC will most likely take on duets with some outdated singers...cough..Sia. If they actually featured Sia on Lying Down that would have increased the streaming demand on Courage. Wonder why they didn't do this, Sia was majorly present in that song. They didn't even built a hype. 1 Quote
smw Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:53 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:53 PM (edited) I confess that few things have moved me so deeply in this business as the Newport Festival in 2022 and Joni Mitchell's long-awaited comeback (recently released on CD). And this resuscitation of a legendary artist would not have been possible without Brandi Carlile's support, tender friendship and reverence for Joni. And without her extremely rare ability in the world of show business: to put someone else, instead of herself, in the spotlight. Yes, Brandi seems capable of such sisterhood. Her duet with Wynonna Judd is also fabulous. Which is why I, too, was touched by her comment in Céline's post: "I know we don't know one another but I've always loved you very much and I'll be praying for you and believing in you from here. " In her Instagram she once published a private karaoke evening during which she and her wife sang Céline hits at the top of their lungs. I sometimes think that one day, if Céline were ever able to make a comeback (in whatever form) - and if she still wanted to - the support of such a caring, attentive and unselfish singer and songwriter as Brandi Carlile could be invaluable. And what's more, if there is a professional future for Céline, I believe that in her fragile situation, the human side - the warmth and support of others - will take precedence over the "will it be a hit or not" business side. You don't have to make hits to reach people. I totally agree! I hope Celine is able to return in some capacity -- and I hope the music she makes will be more meaningful than ever. Brandi Carlile is a gem. I have been a huge fan of hers since around 2006. She is such a warm, kind person with a magnificent voice. What she's done for Joni Mitchell, Tanya Tucker, The Secret Sisters, Wynonna Judd, etc. will be such a big part of her legacy. Not to mention her own music. Edited July 29, 2023 at 06:54 PM by smw 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:55 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 06:55 PM TC will most likely take on duets with some outdated singers...cough..Sia. If they actually featured Sia on Lying Down that would have increased the streaming demand on Courage. Wonder why they didn't do this, Sia was majorly present in that song. They didn't even built a hype.Ditto! IMO Lying Down should have been released and promoted as the lead single from Courage. Sia could have even appeared in the Music Video, it would have been a wise decision in term of marketing. Quote
ryba Posted July 29, 2023 at 08:17 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 08:17 PM Lying Down is such a depressing, sad and mediocre song. Boundries, The Hard Way or Heart of Glass are the ones that should have been released as singles. Not releasing these was a crime. 2 Quote
Zofia Posted July 29, 2023 at 11:36 PM Posted July 29, 2023 at 11:36 PM I hope Celine is able to return in some capacity -- and I hope the music she makes will be more meaningful than ever. I so wish I shared your conviction... But it's a cruel disease. Not to mention the suffering itself, and in the hope of eventually relieving it, the loss of confidence in one's own body must be particularly destructive for a performer. And yet, if she ever comes back, yes, she'll come back transformed. Brandi Carlile is a gem. I have been a huge fan of hers since around 2006. She is such a warm, kind person with a magnificent voice. What she's done for Joni Mitchell, Tanya Tucker, The Secret Sisters, Wynonna Judd, etc. will be such a big part of her legacy. Not to mention her own music. Thank you for reminding me of the beautiful collaboration with Tanya Tucker! I totally understand you, Brandi is a great artist, with brilliant songs and a lovely personality. Céline doesn't seem to be very well trained in friendship (that's often the case with people who come from very large families), which is undoubtedly a growing shame in the current phase of her life, but if ever at some point she let herself be surrounded by people who aren't part of her closest circle, be it Brandi or people who are like her... 1 Quote
Kong Posted July 30, 2023 at 08:25 AM Posted July 30, 2023 at 08:25 AM Lying Down is such a depressing, sad and mediocre song. Boundries, The Hard Way or Heart of Glass are the ones that should have been released as singles. Not releasing these was a crime. The moment they decided to release them as bonus tracks have been a crime lol. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.