DCCeline Posted May 18, 2023 at 10:28 AM Posted May 18, 2023 at 10:28 AM For the people who are wondering why The Gift is getting more streams on Spotify than the other songs. It's on the release radar playlist, so that's why. 2 Quote
Katie Posted May 19, 2023 at 12:17 AM Posted May 19, 2023 at 12:17 AM I'm just posting this thought of mine that I have since years for not saying decades on this Thread as it is about a movie soundtrack Why on Earth do the different medium count "The Boyguard", "Waiting to Exhale" "The Preacher's wife" OST's as counted as per Whitney (May she rest in Peace) overall selling albums, the same with Madonna's "I'm Breathless" and "Evita" albums (And other example for other artists that we can cite...) Sure thing they are the Lead major artists with 60 to 75% of these albums' songs being sung by these stars, though other artists (And not the least know ones) have been involved and singing their proper songs too on the said albums, soundtracks or musicals At this Pace, well, Céline is the only singing artist (Sissel is not listed as a Lead artist on the album), on Titanic's smashing soundtrack, let's then add up something like 28 Million records or so to her bucket! :hmm: :hmm: Let's count too her participation to "Sleepless in Seattle" OST(4 million+ albums sold only in the US), her participation to 1991's animated "Beauty and the Best" OST (3 million+ albums sold in the US territory), and to the 20 something movie/series sountrack she is part of as being into her "Accounting sales" Just right on, the "somehow virtual competition', as long as we talk about albums sales, would then, and only then be fair!! 3 Quote
No1IrishFan Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:59 AM Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:59 AM Waiting on You is now one of my top 5 Celine songs ever. It’s absolutely brilliant. 5 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 19, 2023 at 01:16 PM Posted May 19, 2023 at 01:16 PM I’ll be is only about 25,000 view from hitting a million. Keep watching everyone! kev x 2 Quote
Shaun Posted May 19, 2023 at 05:12 PM Posted May 19, 2023 at 05:12 PM (edited) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet The album did not enter the top 100 on the main UK album chart but did enter the charts detailed above. Edited May 19, 2023 at 05:13 PM by Shaun 4 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Bell Posted May 19, 2023 at 05:27 PM Posted May 19, 2023 at 05:27 PM I finally listened to all 4 new songs. I love 'Waitnig On You'. The others did not impress me at all. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
zuv Posted May 19, 2023 at 08:01 PM Posted May 19, 2023 at 08:01 PM (edited) Whenever someone text me the words “I’ll be” within their message, i’m following up with a the Spotify link to I’ll be lol Edited May 19, 2023 at 08:02 PM by zuv 3 Quote
reynolds Posted May 19, 2023 at 08:12 PM Posted May 19, 2023 at 08:12 PM For me I'll Be & Waiting On You are the stand outs from the new tracks. 3 Quote 2nd & 5th November 2006, Las Vegas2nd & 3rd of may 2008 Manchester.19th of may - 2008 Paris.. 30th of may - 2008 Dublin.20th & 21st June - 2015 Antwerp.2nd & 3rd July - 2015 Paris.20th & 21st June - 2017 London.23rd of July - 2017 Berlin.
DionFanAlways Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:00 PM Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:00 PM For me Love Of My Life does every thing. I'm so in love with that song. 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Popular Post Peppercorn1991 Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:23 PM Popular Post Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:23 PM These new songs have been a real treat, each and everyone of them. Kev x 10 Quote
Popular Post smw Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:28 PM Popular Post Posted May 19, 2023 at 10:28 PM 1 million views! 8 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 19, 2023 at 11:43 PM Posted May 19, 2023 at 11:43 PM Waiting On You was my least preferred, but I remain quite happy with this soundtrack overall It seems it's doing decently on the views on Youtube also, that's cool 1 Quote
ryba Posted May 20, 2023 at 10:54 AM Posted May 20, 2023 at 10:54 AM So based on the interviews and posts by the writers and composers we now know for sure that almost all the new songs were recorded during the Courage sessions, with the exception of Love Again. It's interesting though that they refused to include the date of the recording in the booklet this time, since normally they alway include the year of the recording. 1 Quote
ryba Posted May 20, 2023 at 10:57 AM Posted May 20, 2023 at 10:57 AM When I listen to I'll Be I totally picture a music video in the scenery in Utah where she did the Courage photoshoot Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 20, 2023 at 11:09 AM Posted May 20, 2023 at 11:09 AM So based on the interviews and posts by the writers and composers we now know for sure that almost all the new songs were recorded during the Courage sessions, with the exception of Love Again. It's interesting though that they refused to include the date of the recording in the booklet this time, since normally they alway include the year of the recording.I like Love Again but I'm a little thrown off by her voice. It makes me wonder if this is her range since the SPS diagnosis. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
ryba Posted May 20, 2023 at 11:36 AM Posted May 20, 2023 at 11:36 AM So most likely she recorded these songs in the same or subsequent session with the same people - Soul + The Gift- Courage + Love of My Life- The Hard Way + I'll Be- How Did You Get Here + Waiting On You 4 Quote
LukeD Posted May 20, 2023 at 01:36 PM Posted May 20, 2023 at 01:36 PM (edited) I like Love Again but I'm a little thrown off by her voice. It makes me wonder if this is her range since the SPS diagnosis.Ι do not think it relates to SPS. She sounds very beautiful. BUT they pitched her voice. I think they did so because they think it makes her sound younger and cool. Judging from her speaking voice, I do not think SPS affected her voice/tone at all. It just impacts the diaphragm and breath control. Just my two cents. Edited May 20, 2023 at 01:37 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
Shaun Posted May 22, 2023 at 09:08 AM Posted May 22, 2023 at 09:08 AM Did the album not even make it into the charts in America? Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
jmiracle Posted May 22, 2023 at 09:15 AM Posted May 22, 2023 at 09:15 AM In France, it enters at the 43rd place... And the number 1 album of this week sold almost 12 000 units.... Quote
KyleVan41 Posted May 22, 2023 at 12:09 PM Posted May 22, 2023 at 12:09 PM Did the album not even make it into the charts in America? Not in the top 50- hits daily double posted the top 50 Friday. Well have to see the full 200 which is posted tomorrow. Quote
ordinary fan Posted May 22, 2023 at 03:47 PM Posted May 22, 2023 at 03:47 PM I'm so in love with the new songs 1 Quote
smw Posted May 22, 2023 at 04:52 PM Posted May 22, 2023 at 04:52 PM I'm so in love with the new songs Me too! Thankful to have them. I hope more people discover them once the movie is streaming. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted May 22, 2023 at 06:02 PM Posted May 22, 2023 at 06:02 PM (edited) Debut at #43 in France? Flop of biblical proportions! Edited May 22, 2023 at 06:03 PM by LukeD 1 Quote
homerton Posted May 22, 2023 at 08:19 PM Posted May 22, 2023 at 08:19 PM It’s not a flop as it’s not her album. It’s a film track for a basic film with noProMotion from her. Get a grip. It’s s slushy romantic trashy film. It’s no titanic 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Next !! 2 Quote
tomantha Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:32 AM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:32 AM Based on the amount of press she got for her syndrome and her « « come back song »,the fact they tried to do a Best Of a la All The Way to ensure more sales too, debuting in France -her biggest market?- at #43. I was expecting at least a top 15. Yall won’t give the excuse of 9/11 or « it’s a soundtrack » to Mariah for Glitter flopping but will give a pass to Celine for missing the US top 50, with a movie that debuted at #6 at the box office and everything else. It is flopping unfortunately Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:33 AM Posted May 23, 2023 at 05:33 AM (edited) 1684819922[/url]' post='2433560']Based on the amount of press she got for her syndrome and her « « come back song »,the fact they tried to do a Best Of a la All The Way to ensure more sales too, debuting in France -her biggest market?- at #43. I was expecting at least a top 15.Yall won't give the excuse of 9/11 or « it's a soundtrack » to Mariah for Glitter flopping but will give a pass to Celine for missing the US top 50, with a movie that debuted at #6 at the box office and everything else. It is flopping unfortunately Mariah’s Glitter Movie and Album both flopped that lead her to depression. Thankfully, Céline’s movie didn’t flopped and still releasing to other countries Edited May 23, 2023 at 05:34 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
A new day... Posted May 23, 2023 at 07:14 AM Posted May 23, 2023 at 07:14 AM In France the movie is only coming out next month (still can't understand why though)... so maybe the album will have a peak of sales on the week the movie is released? I don't believe in it but who knows... If only Celine could have promoted the movie I'm pretty sure it would've ranked higher. Quote
jmiracle Posted May 23, 2023 at 07:58 AM Posted May 23, 2023 at 07:58 AM In France the movie is only coming out next month (still can't understand why though)... so maybe the album will have a peak of sales on the week the movie is released? I don't believe in it but who knows... If only Celine could have promoted the movie I'm pretty sure it would've ranked higher. It's because of the Cannes Festival. Usually you don't have many movies coming out in May because all the attention (and people in the cinema industry) is in Cannes. 1 Quote
A new day... Posted May 23, 2023 at 09:10 AM Posted May 23, 2023 at 09:10 AM I'm not sure the Cannes Festival would have had any impact. Clearly not the same targets Quote
celinesounds Posted May 23, 2023 at 09:39 AM Posted May 23, 2023 at 09:39 AM (edited) Mariah’s Glitter Movie and Album both flopped that lead her to depression. Thankfully, Céline’s movie didn’t flopped and still releasing to other countries Mariah who? “ I don’t know her” 🤪 Anyway 3 millions is not a flop, And besides, 2 decades ago, physical cds were selling like honey, Now The charts and certification are based in streamings Anyway In France Celine is strong with French music not English I love the new tracks, I’m happy with only half of the old ones. Edited May 23, 2023 at 09:39 AM by celinesounds 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.