rfkavanagh Posted January 4, 2024 at 03:53 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 03:53 PM There's absolutely no point to this documentary if Céline isn't willing to be real. Her entire public persona has been the kooky/clownish/over-the-top/crazy aunt who's slightly removed from reality, and despite any illusion otherwise, she's revealed remarkably little personal info throughout her career (beyond the very carefully managed and curated René "love story"). I'm not suggesting she's fake; just that she found her lane and stuck to it through interview after interview, protecting her personal life with only the occasional glimpse of the real woman underneath showing through. I'm hopeful that between the chosen director and the SPS diagnosis, there's an opportunity here for this documentary to have real depth and substance - while also highlighting all her incredible achievements and diving deep into her music career (with actual analysis and discussion rather than the usual "I didn't want to sing MHWGO" and "I'm the youngest of 14 kids and sang into my hairbrush on the dining table" kind of talking points). I'd love to see Céline interviewed as a real, whole woman, stripped of the contrived quirks and deflections, and showing authenticity rather than persona. I don't need to see another interview where she derails every question by breaking into song because she doesn't know how to answer a question or is afraid of showing us a real person. Otherwise this won't be a documentary, but a carefully crafted and sanitized promotional tool. I hope that Taylor really pushes Céline and doesn't allow her to evade and deflect (or as a good documentarian, that she exposes and interrogates the whats and whys of those evasions). 7 Quote
rfkavanagh Posted January 4, 2024 at 03:55 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 03:55 PM To add, I also really hope that Céline does not have final cut approval or anything like that. I'm guessing Taylor would not have signed on if that was one of the conditions - the subject of a documentary (or their team) should never have control of the final product. 3 Quote
incognito Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:30 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:30 PM It’s a Sony backed documentary. My expectations are not high. 2 Quote
JerbIA Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:40 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:40 PM Does anyone know… how long does post production usually take for a project like this? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Quote
Nmj Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:45 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:45 PM It’s a Sony backed documentary. My expectations are not high. This is a sad truth. You’re 100% right, however, the sad part is… by this documentary being back by her label it SHOULD mean they would have countless material in the vault to use and not recycle the same stuff…but we know how much SONY cares anymore. They couldn’t be bothered to even give us new arrangements for the LOVE again (Sony backed) movie soundtrack. That trailer version of IACBTMN not being a full version on the soundtrack was a missed opportunity as always. 3 Quote
smw Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:53 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 04:53 PM (edited) There's absolutely no point to this documentary if Céline isn't willing to be real. Her entire public persona has been the kooky/clownish/over-the-top/crazy aunt who's slightly removed from reality, and despite any illusion otherwise, she's revealed remarkably little personal info throughout her career (beyond the very carefully managed and curated René "love story"). I'm not suggesting she's fake; just that she found her lane and stuck to it through interview after interview, protecting her personal life with only the occasional glimpse of the real woman underneath showing through. I'm hopeful that between the chosen director and the SPS diagnosis, there's an opportunity here for this documentary to have real depth and substance - while also highlighting all her incredible achievements and diving deep into her music career (with actual analysis and discussion rather than the usual "I didn't want to sing MHWGO" and "I'm the youngest of 14 kids and sang into my hairbrush on the dining table" kind of talking points). I'd love to see Céline interviewed as a real, whole woman, stripped of the contrived quirks and deflections, and showing authenticity rather than persona. I don't need to see another interview where she derails every question by breaking into song because she doesn't know how to answer a question or is afraid of showing us a real person. Otherwise this won't be a documentary, but a carefully crafted and sanitized promotional tool. I hope that Taylor really pushes Céline and doesn't allow her to evade and deflect (or as a good documentarian, that she exposes and interrogates the whats and whys of those evasions). I agree with what you’re saying overall. However, there have been many interviews in Celine’s career over the years where she proves to be a grounded, dignified woman. Dating all the way back to the late 80s. The interviews she gave with Deborah Roberts, for instance, during and after Rene’s death were very grounded and real. She has been open, honest and vulnerable many many times. I do agree that the crazy aunt persona has won over in recent years — Celine herself willingly played into it — and it would be wonderful if this documentary helped turn the page for her public perception. My friends tend to send me the same silly clips of Celine… and I’m ready for people to see Celine for the incredible artist and woman she is - not as a kook. Titanique, while a lovely tribute, also throws gas on the flame of Celine’s-a-kooky-bird. She has deflected and bursted into song in, especially in recent years, as a coping and deflection strategy. I’d argue it’s not because she doesn’t know how to answer a question but rather because she doesn’t want to. I bet she greatly enjoyed the healing peace and total silence she got to experience in 2020 before her illness dominated. Just to be able to process and heal her soul away from the spotlight and expectations and schedules. Edited January 4, 2024 at 05:03 PM by smw 1 Quote
Állex Sodi Posted January 4, 2024 at 05:35 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 05:35 PM I don’t believe Celine is faking her “kook” persona, or using to deflect answers, or the hide her “real self”. People forget human beings are complex, they’re never just one thing. Fans bought the image that her label (and her husband) sold in her prime, as Celine being this classic-chic-elegant-conservative persona. And she probably is a little bit of that, but not just that. She is quirky, she is funny, a little awkward funny sometimes, she likes to be silly, and that works perfectly for her. Anyone who went to her concert at least once knows how perfectly she merge this two personalities and make a very entertaining show. For me, two things impacts her most shallow interviews: first, she seems to have once again a hard time with the English language. Most of the time, she sounds like me when I’m trying to talk in English and find out words to say what I want to say. I know the words, but it’s just not have the natural flow. Second, she needs a good interviewer, who actually knows stuff about her, to ask her the real questions. 1 Quote
Zofia Posted January 4, 2024 at 06:07 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 06:07 PM There's absolutely no point to this documentary if Céline isn't willing to be real. Her entire public persona has been the kooky/clownish/over-the-top/crazy aunt who's slightly removed from reality, and despite any illusion otherwise, she's revealed remarkably little personal info throughout her career (beyond the very carefully managed and curated René "love story"). I'm not suggesting she's fake; just that she found her lane and stuck to it through interview after interview, protecting her personal life with only the occasional glimpse of the real woman underneath showing through. I'm hopeful that between the chosen director and the SPS diagnosis, there's an opportunity here for this documentary to have real depth and substance - while also highlighting all her incredible achievements and diving deep into her music career (with actual analysis and discussion rather than the usual "I didn't want to sing MHWGO" and "I'm the youngest of 14 kids and sang into my hairbrush on the dining table" kind of talking points). I'd love to see Céline interviewed as a real, whole woman, stripped of the contrived quirks and deflections, and showing authenticity rather than persona. I don't need to see another interview where she derails every question by breaking into song because she doesn't know how to answer a question or is afraid of showing us a real person. Otherwise this won't be a documentary, but a carefully crafted and sanitized promotional tool. I hope that Taylor really pushes Céline and doesn't allow her to evade and deflect (or as a good documentarian, that she exposes and interrogates the whats and whys of those evasions). I largely agree with everything. I myself would perhaps have just a little more understanding of her style somewhere between "heart on hand" and "dutiful eccentric and your favorite clown." Isn't this constant wearing of masks one of her defense strategies that ultimately allowed her to survive in this cruel profession and not really go crazy? Yes, and I'm puzzled (and even somewhat amused) by how many people have fallen for the strategy under the title "I'm an open book - you know everything about me," which, by the way, I consider a as a masterstroke in image-making: how to gain a reputation for being "spontaneous, sincere and open" by applying perfect self-control and self-censorship for years. Because Céline is an auto-control-freak. Which, of course, has its good points: on stage it gives her a fantastic awareness of means of expression and workshop proficiency, and in public life it helps her effectively protect her inner world, to which she had/has access to an extremely small circle of those closest to her. Fortunately, not everything is for sale. But on the other hand, over-control can eventually hinder a person, especially an artist, from having life-giving access to their own identity. Joan Didion once wrote a nice phrase about Joan Baez, and it applies to most of those who were pushed too early in their careers: "she was a personality before she was entirely a person." The illness that happened to Céline is a dramatic ordeal that hit her at her most sensitive point. It's hard to think of another one that would so painfully take away a person's very control: first, over her own body, and second, because of its unpredictability, over her own life. I never cease to think with anxiety how she handles it. Paradoxically, such a trial can sometimes be an opportunity. Nightmarishly difficult, but an opportunity to get out of the rut and go deeper than usual. But only on the condition that the suffering doesn't turn out to be too much and doesn't start to be devastating. I hope that the meeting between Irene and Céline was really a meeting: that Irene is not just fulfilling a lucrative order from Sony Music with this documentary, and that she insists on her own vision. And that she didn't fall for Céline's familiar tricks, which she usually reaches for when she's uncomfortable in a conversation (and more often than not she is). And that Irene has earned her - immensely rarely given - trust. Then there's a chance we'll get something more-or-less successful, but at least genuine. 3 Quote
comingback Posted January 4, 2024 at 06:24 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 06:24 PM (edited) It's a Sony backed documentary. My expectations are not high. https://dai.ly/x2yhs7w VH1 Behind The Music Yes , I also fear that we will get an update version of Behind The Music, because of the Sony Music PR machine behind it. Fingers crossed, that this will not happen and that we will get a great new docu. Edited January 4, 2024 at 06:30 PM by comingback Quote
smw Posted January 4, 2024 at 06:39 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 06:39 PM https://dai.ly/x2yhs7w VH1 Behind The Music Yes , I also fear that we will get an update version of Behind The Music, because of the Sony Music PR machine behind it. Fingers crossed, that this will not happen and that we will get a great new docu. I just can’t see that happening - considering the director. I think it will be something thoughtful and unique. I hope even the people at Sony understand that the doc could get more attention if it’s something great vs generic. Quote
mirage Posted January 4, 2024 at 11:06 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 11:06 PM I recently watched the Pamela Anderson documentary on Netflix.I really enjoyed that one with all the personal diaries. The Tina and Janet documentary were good, but indeed really for the general public.I think this one will be like that as well, maybe a few surprises but we follow this woman for years.They really need to step up their game to give us something new and different. "I’ve always been an open book with my fans, and with her sensitivity and thoughtful creativity I think that Irene will be able to show everyone a part of me that they haven’t seen before… I know she’ll tell my story in the most honest and heartfelt way,” said Celine Dion" Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted January 4, 2024 at 11:50 PM Posted January 4, 2024 at 11:50 PM I don’t like the title either, but at least we have an update on this project Quote
nuts2you Posted January 5, 2024 at 12:36 AM Posted January 5, 2024 at 12:36 AM So do we know when this will come out. the waiting game continue goes on Quote
tshlw Posted January 5, 2024 at 01:58 AM Posted January 5, 2024 at 01:58 AM So do we know when this will come out. the waiting game continue goes on I feel like it depends on if they were already working on post production all this year and just waiting for Celine to be able to give an update on her battle with SPS to wrap up the project. Feel those two outings at the end of last year will be in the doc. If that is the case then could be soon. If just starting post production as someone had posted can be 6 months to a year. Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
mebe Posted January 5, 2024 at 02:28 AM Posted January 5, 2024 at 02:28 AM I like the title! Simple but assertive and authentic I guess. I dont know how to describe it but those are the words that come to my mind... Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk 3 Quote
LukeD Posted January 5, 2024 at 08:26 AM Posted January 5, 2024 at 08:26 AM (edited) I really like the title. It is almost as if Celine is introducing herself to the audience once more. This is particularly important to do considering the poor commercial reception of her latest releases. The 'Celine Dion' brand is not what it used to be, and I think promotion is necessary. Apart from this, there has been so much speculation and discussion about her current condition that some answers are needed in relation to her experience with SPS. This is to specifically address much of the chaos caused by Claudette's public statements. I also hope the documentary is an aspect only of new things to come - fingers crossed for that...! On a more personal level, I would like to echo some of the comments made above in relation to the public persona of Celine. I personally grew tired of the majority of her public appearances and interviews during the past decade or so. Despite thinking of her as being a nice person and having a good heart, I believe she must be very difficult to interview. She is constantly deflecting, sometimes interrupts the interviewer to sing, she stays on the surface of things claiming to be an 'open book'. She is not really open, she simply chooses to be open about specific aspects of her life. What I also have a problem with is that she is referring to herself as being the boss and having nothing to prove - well, she does. As long as people spend money on her records, she kind of needs to make an effort. And this mentality has unfortunately translated into her recordings. I see the application clearly. Both LMBTL and Courage had some lazy vocals and poorly produced songs. Further to this, in all her promotional interviews she had nothing of substance to say about these albums, reinforcing that she did not quite care because she had 'nothing to prove'. We reached a point where I am not even sure she has a person in her team to tell her 'no' sometimes. She does come off as someone surrounded by 'yes' people. My entire point is that I really, really hope we get a different version of Celine in this documentary. I want to see more of 'Celine the artist' rather than 'Celine the mom' or 'Celine the boss'. I really need to see the meaning she attaches to her albums and songs, I would like to see her reflecting on her career, maybe acknowledge mistakes she has made and what she learnt from them. Of course, all of this depends on the questions as well. So, let's see...! Definitely excited about this! Edited January 5, 2024 at 08:32 AM by LukeD 5 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 5, 2024 at 09:23 AM Posted January 5, 2024 at 09:23 AM I really like the title. It is almost as if Celine is introducing herself to the audience once more. This is particularly important to do considering the poor commercial reception of her latest releases. The 'Celine Dion' brand is not what it used to be, and I think promotion is necessary. Apart from this, there has been so much speculation and discussion about her current condition that some answers are needed in relation to her experience with SPS. This is to specifically address much of the chaos caused by Claudette's public statements. I also hope the documentary is an aspect only of new things to come - fingers crossed for that...! On a more personal level, I would like to echo some of the comments made above in relation to the public persona of Celine. I personally grew tired of the majority of her public appearances and interviews during the past decade or so. Despite thinking of her as being a nice person and having a good heart, I believe she must be very difficult to interview. She is constantly deflecting, sometimes interrupts the interviewer to sing, she stays on the surface of things claiming to be an 'open book'. She is not really open, she simply chooses to be open about specific aspects of her life. What I also have a problem with is that she is referring to herself as being the boss and having nothing to prove - well, she does. As long as people spend money on her records, she kind of needs to make an effort. And this mentality has unfortunately translated into her recordings. I see the application clearly. Both LMBTL and Courage had some lazy vocals and poorly produced songs. Further to this, in all her promotional interviews she had nothing of substance to say about these albums, reinforcing that she did not quite care because she had 'nothing to prove'. We reached a point where I am not even sure she has a person in her team to tell her 'no' sometimes. She does come off as someone surrounded by 'yes' people. My entire point is that I really, really hope we get a different version of Celine in this documentary. I want to see more of 'Celine the artist' rather than 'Celine the mom' or 'Celine the boss'. I really need to see the meaning she attaches to her albums and songs, I would like to see her reflecting on her career, maybe acknowledge mistakes she has made and what she learnt from them. Of course, all of this depends on the questions as well. So, let's see...! Definitely excited about this! I think if the “Courage” era hadn’t been cut short, she would have surprised us. I thought that “A to Z” interview was actually very good. She did the interview with Andy Cohen, which quite honestly…I never ever thought she would be on his show. The Apple Music short was nice. Not terribly deep about every song on the album, but it was certainly something unexpected. I think she would have given us more unexpected jewels for the era if Covid hadn’t happened. I think she was excited about the album and the tour. I think she really wanted to release more of the songs she recorded. Terrible that both of her last English albums were kind of cut short by tragic events. 7 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
mirage Posted January 5, 2024 at 11:12 AM Posted January 5, 2024 at 11:12 AM I think if the Courage era hadnt been cut short, she would have surprised us. I thought that A to Z interview was actually very good. She did the interview with Andy Cohen, which quite honestlyI never ever thought she would be on his show. The Apple Music short was nice. Not terribly deep about every song on the album, but it was certainly something unexpected. I think she would have given us more unexpected jewels for the era if Covid hadnt happened. I think she was excited about the album and the tour. I think she really wanted to release more of the songs she recorded. Terrible that both of her last English albums were kind of cut short by tragic events.That promo came to an end when they decided to reschedule her canceled Canada shows during those 3 weeks off And I agree with what some of you saying. It's been a long time since a real in depth interview. The hosts aren't always asking the good questions, but she definitely made a habit of not answering a question and dragging on for so long that there is no time for other questions. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
Zofia Posted January 5, 2024 at 01:23 PM Posted January 5, 2024 at 01:23 PM I don't believe Celine is faking her "kook" persona, or using to deflect answers, or the hide her "real self". People forget human beings are complex, they're never just one thing. Fans bought the image that her label (and her husband) sold in her prime, as Celine being this classic-chic-elegant-conservative persona. And she probably is a little bit of that, but not just that. She is quirky, she is funny, a little awkward funny sometimes, she likes to be silly, and that works perfectly for her. Anyone who went to her concert at least once knows how perfectly she merge this two personalities and make a very entertaining show. For me, two things impacts her most shallow interviews: first, she seems to have once again a hard time with the English language. Most of the time, she sounds like me when I'm trying to talk in English and find out words to say what I want to say. I know the words, but it's just not have the natural flow. Second, she needs a good interviewer, who actually knows stuff about her, to ask her the real questions. Yes, that's a valid correction. I guess the issue is not so much the contradiction between the "truth" concealed and the "untruth" shown in public, because ultimately, as you say, all our masks and avatars make up the self. The problem, I think, is to keep the ebb and flow between these incarnations. It's bad when this internal dialectic becomes stiffened (I know, we have reason to hate that word, but it's probably appropriate in this case, too). And while, in fact, in conversational French Céline generally comes off as more believable, it was a French journalist who remarked after one of her "Courage" era interviews: "The more often she said 'I'm strong and I feel great,' the more her body language said the opposite." Personally, I liked the "Courage" era - the album, the explorations the search (even if not always accurate, but as long as you search, you live as an artist), the fashion extravaganzas and the whole "Celinaissance" emancipation. If there's anything that irritated me about her interviews, it's not so much the clowning around and the "I'm relaxed" demonstrations, but something the aforementioned journalist noted, which I perceived as a compulsion to always be "positive" (which is what huge numbers of people like and appreciate about her). "Positive thinking" can be helpful as long as our worry is lousy vacation weather or a broken refrigerator - but when life really hits hard, this coaching cliché can sometimes be more damaging than the too-tight shoes with which Celine martyred her feet for many years. Perhaps Céline's paradox is that for most of her life she has been someone both strong and dependent? A difficult combination. After losing two people on whom she remained dependent (in 2016 and 2020, although the process of loss began a few years earlier), and then during the pandemic after being forced to suspend her best therapy - stage, the drama began. Will the documentary show something of this story? Because we probably need to keep in mind that the film will not be one big interview in the style of "and now I will tell Oprah Winfrey my whole life" (thankfully). What can Irene Taylor's camera show? The daily grind of physical therapy? Céline's relationship with her sons? With those closest to her? Do we even know who makes them up, other than Linda and Alain? The "fifteenth sister" Sylvie? Céline deserves to go deeper than has been reached so far. Especially now. 2 Quote
souriredezora Posted January 6, 2024 at 01:49 AM Posted January 6, 2024 at 01:49 AM (edited) Yes, that's a valid correction. I guess the issue is not so much the contradiction between the "truth" concealed and the "untruth" shown in public, because ultimately, as you say, all our masks and avatars make up the self. The problem, I think, is to keep the ebb and flow between these incarnations. It's bad when this internal dialectic becomes stiffened (I know, we have reason to hate that word, but it's probably appropriate in this case, too). And while, in fact, in conversational French Céline generally comes off as more believable, it was a French journalist who remarked after one of her "Courage" era interviews: "The more often she said 'I'm strong and I feel great,' the more her body language said the opposite." Personally, I liked the "Courage" era - the album, the explorations the search (even if not always accurate, but as long as you search, you live as an artist), the fashion extravaganzas and the whole "Celinaissance" emancipation. If there's anything that irritated me about her interviews, it's not so much the clowning around and the "I'm relaxed" demonstrations, but something the aforementioned journalist noted, which I perceived as a compulsion to always be "positive" (which is what huge numbers of people like and appreciate about her). "Positive thinking" can be helpful as long as our worry is lousy vacation weather or a broken refrigerator - but when life really hits hard, this coaching cliché can sometimes be more damaging than the too-tight shoes with which Celine martyred her feet for many years. Perhaps Céline's paradox is that for most of her life she has been someone both strong and dependent? A difficult combination. After losing two people on whom she remained dependent (in 2016 and 2020, although the process of loss began a few years earlier), and then during the pandemic after being forced to suspend her best therapy - stage, the drama began. Will the documentary show something of this story? Because we probably need to keep in mind that the film will not be one big interview in the style of "and now I will tell Oprah Winfrey my whole life" (thankfully). What can Irene Taylor's camera show? The daily grind of physical therapy? Céline's relationship with her sons? With those closest to her? Do we even know who makes them up, other than Linda and Alain? The "fifteenth sister" Sylvie? Céline deserves to go deeper than has been reached so far. Especially now. interesting info bout journalist and body language, can you please send a link if you have one? we don't know when the documentary was designed and filmed, it could have been long before sps was diagnosed or revealed... i guess we will see that when it comes out; i remember in one of the video interviews she said "things were shaking for a while" almost like a plane going through turbulence, i think it was after rene's passing and the whole drama with giapanollo manager. as for celine "being positive", i am not arguing with you, i just remembered either reading or hearing in one of the interviews that she said she is a negative person, for her the first thing to say is always "no", and that she often mistrusts / suspicious about people's motives (compared to rene who was more positive and his answer was always "yes"); and as you remember denise bombardier pointed out that there's another celine behind the celine we all know and see... anyway, i think in a retrospect it's very easy to see something that might be a sign of the disease. but might not be. Edited January 6, 2024 at 02:00 AM by souriredezora Quote je chanterai, je chanterai toujours
tomantha Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:33 AM Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:33 AM I have to say tho that Celine has given us VERY solid documentaries/Tv specials in the past. Through The Eyes Of The World was amazing, all the other tv specials we got with backstage footage were always great and very entertaining! Very few artists have that many lush specials about them. Not a fan of the title, sounds unoriginal, Britney had a special named I Am Britney Jean. meh Now the sooner we get a trailer the better !!! 1 Quote
Zofia Posted January 6, 2024 at 03:31 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 03:31 PM interesting info bout journalist and body language, can you please send a link if you have one? I tried to find this statement in my archive - but the faster it fills up, the less time I have for careful organizing. I remember it was a woman; a French or Quebec journalist who interviewed Céline for television, and later (2021? 2022?) shared her impression in some reportage. we don't know when the documentary was designed and filmed, it could have been long before sps was diagnosed or revealed... i guess we will see that when it comes out; We know that the film was announced in September 2021, shortly before the decisive health crisis that, after many months, led to the diagnosis we know. Over the course of 2022, Irene Taylor and her crew were seen in Vegas; shooting for the film was officially completed on 23.12.2023. All indications are that the documentary will take into account the current situation. as for celine "being positive", i am not arguing with you, i just remembered either reading or hearing in one of the interviews that she said she is a negative person, for her the first thing to say is always "no", and that she often mistrusts / suspicious about people's motives (compared to rene who was more positive and his answer was always "yes"); Yes, the more recent interviews seemed to me compulsive and unreliable. But this is a subjective impression; with such personal problems as bereavement or illness, everyone tries to deal with them as they can, and the media are poorly suited for therapy... and as you remember denise bombardier pointed out that there's another celine behind the celine we all know and see... Yes, I think Bombardier's book "L'énigmatique Céline Dion" is still - among the growing number of weak publications about Céline - one of the best items. Quote
tshlw Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:00 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:00 PM (edited) I tried to find this statement in my archive - but the faster it fills up, the less time I have for careful organizing. I remember it was a woman; a French or Quebec journalist who interviewed Céline for television, and later (2021? 2022?) shared her impression in some reportage. Believe you are referring to the special L'Enigma Celine Dion done in 2022 before the announcement of SPS, a Candice Mahout was the journalist. Here is the interview she did in 2019 with Celine for the launch of Courage album. This was the interview she was referring back to in the 2022 special. Edited January 6, 2024 at 05:01 PM by tshlw 2 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
Zofia Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:46 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:46 PM Believe you are referring to the special L'Enigma Celine Dion done in 2022 before the announcement of SPS, a Candice Mahout was the journalist. Here is the interview she did in 2019 with Celine for the launch of Courage album. This was the interview she was referring back to in the 2022 special. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovHr_OLgX9s&t=5s Thank you very much! I was considering Candice Mahout because I seemed to have identified the interview she was referring to. Congratulations on your well-organized archives (and/or memory)! Quote
tshlw Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:57 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 05:57 PM Thank you very much! I was considering Candice Mahout because I seemed to have identified the interview she was referring to. Congratulations on your well-organized archives (and/or memory)! When I saw your post yesterday I went and rewatched L'Enigma, it is interesting to watch now knowing she has SPS as it was done before the announcement. Thanks I try to stay organized. Been trying to gather as many of Celine's interviews, and specials done about her as I can. 1 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
scielle Posted January 6, 2024 at 06:08 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 06:08 PM An Assistant Editor for this project has it listed on her LinkedIn as “Céline de Charlemagne”, a title I personally like much better. Anyway, I just watched Irene’s last film, Trees and Other Entanglements, and while I really enjoyed it, I’m really curious to see how Irene’s particular style of filmmaking will translate to a celebrity bio. It’s just not something she’s tackled in the past, so it’s really hard to figure out what it might be like. Will she use animation? Make it personal to her in some way? So many of her films do just that, and it works really well. 3 Quote
comingback Posted January 6, 2024 at 07:47 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 07:47 PM An Assistant Editor for this project has it listed on her LinkedIn as “Céline de Charlemagne”, a title I personally like much better. Anyway, I just watched Irene’s last film, Trees and Other Entanglements, and while I really enjoyed it, I’m really curious to see how Irene’s particular style of filmmaking will translate to a celebrity bio. It’s just not something she’s tackled in the past, so it’s really hard to figure out what it might be like. Will she use animation? Make it personal to her in some way? So many of her films do just that, and it works really well. Wasn't there a film/docu title called Celine before Celine? Was that title for this docu? Quote
scielle Posted January 6, 2024 at 08:46 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 08:46 PM (edited) Wasn't there a film/docu title called Celine before Celine? Was that title for this docu? Céline Before Céline was the working title for the film Jimmy was supposedly writing, but no word about that one for years. My reference above - Céline de Charlemagne - is specifically to the Vermilion/ Irene Taylor doc. Edited January 6, 2024 at 08:54 PM by scielle Quote
Nmj Posted January 6, 2024 at 09:04 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 09:04 PM Céline Before Céline was the working title for the film Jimmy was supposedly writing, but no word about that one for years. My reference above - Céline de Charlemagne - is specifically to the Vermilion/ Irene Taylor doc. Do they ever give a different name to a French version of the same documentary? I wonder if both could be the names of the eventual documentary? 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted January 6, 2024 at 09:24 PM Posted January 6, 2024 at 09:24 PM Do they ever give a different name to a French version of the same documentary? I wonder if both could be the names of the eventual documentary? Yeah I can't imagine there will only be an English version... Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G781B met Tapatalk 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.