Jump to content

"Superwoman" (w/ Diane Warren) - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

He mentioned the greatest hits that she lip syncs. And the point was changes vocally not in arrangement. Vocally TPOL is the same track for how many years now? Same for IACBTMN and BYLM. Unison isn't one of her major hits.

 

As for IA, I love the remix from TCWT but at that time I don't know if it was considered one of her major hits. But anyway, she's been singing it live unlike the other major hits and people love it for the energy not because of any big vocals.

 

I was just listing the changes she had made, showing they she and her team do have a willingness to do it. TPOL the intro was changed, both instrumentally and vocally, and that at least is a sign they they can do more. I count "reworking" to mean both vocally an instrumentally, and I also count "I'm Alive' as one of her English hits.

 

But yeah the point is that during Rene and after there has been at least some history of creativity that could be expanded upon. Even with MHWGO she has changed up the ending in recent years.

Posted

I was just listing the changes she had made, showing they she and her team do have a willingness to do it. TPOL the intro was changed, both instrumentally and vocally, and that at least is a sign they they can do more. I count "reworking" to mean both vocally an instrumentally, and I also count "I'm Alive' as one of her English hits.

 

But yeah the point is that during Rene and after there has been at least some history of creativity that could be expanded upon. Even with MHWGO she has changed up the ending in recent years.

 

Changes are little and too far in between. I would love more as well but I don't see that happening. And you mention many vocal changes that she has done in recent years which kind of supports my point that while Rene was managing her she wasn't changing up the way she sang the hits live as much as she does now. Particularly the English ones.

 

The original point being debated though was that Celine says she has nothing to prove but continues to lip these songs to pretend she can sing them like before instead of singing them as she can with her current voice. So I'll restate my point, that she choses to lip them not because she can't sing them (because we've seen in recent years that she still can) but because she'd rather sing other songs live and has nothing to do with proving anything vocally. Just the fact she can still sing TP as good as before is proof enough that she lips for reasons other than hiding her current voice.

Posted

Changes are little and too far in between. I would love more as well but I don't see that happening. And you mention many vocal changes that she has done in recent years which kind of supports my point that while Rene was managing her she wasn't changing up the way she sang the hits live as much as she does now. Particularly the English ones.

 

The original point being debated though was that Celine says she has nothing to prove but continues to lip these songs to pretend she can sing them like before instead of singing them as she can with her current voice. So I'll restate my point, that she choses to lip them not because she can't sing them (because we've seen in recent years that she still can) but because she'd rather sing other songs live and has nothing to do with proving anything vocally. Just the fact she can still sing TP as good as before is proof enough that she lips for reasons other than hiding her current voice.

 

Never said they were enough, but they were at least something. And Rene is no longer with us, may he Rest in Peace, so if your pont is correct then we should be more optimistic now than ever about changes coming. Especially since Scott Price is her new hire since that time. Obviously she needs more of a push to do it.

 

I think she lips to preserve her voice, and you're right her boredom with some songs may play in her choice to lip those. As for whether she has something to prove, I don't know how she truly feels consciously or subconsciously. But the point is right that if she really has nothing to prove then she shouldn't mind being more daring with her musical choices, setlists, etc. I guess she feels her latest divisive singing style is being more daring, but a good deal of fans think it does not pay off.

 

And I am very against saying "She has nothing to prove" as an excuse for not achieving her full potential as an artist or having a competent team around her. Not saying you're espousing that viewpoint, but I feel that it is sometimes used as an excuse by fans.

Posted

 

 

 

 

She’s been repeating that for years, and I’d be a lot more inclined to believe what she says if her her words were consistent with her actions. She says “I don’t have to prove anything” yet she still uses playback for the greatest hits because… she’s trying to prove that her voice hasn’t changed!

 

If she were true to her word, she’d rework those songs with simpler arrangements so she can perform them live, instead of lipsyncing. If she truly has “courage” to stand up and say “I’ve got nothing to prove”, then should we expect 100% live concert at Resorts World? 😉

 

That aside, of course we still love her for all her “imperfections” — but that doesn’t mean we have to pretend they’re not there. We care about her image and want to protect it (since her team doesn’t have that power anymore). Of course I’m not going to play “Superwoman” for my friends and then proceed to drag her through the mud in front of them. But this is a fan forum, whose purpose is to allow us freedom to express our opinions amongst people who also love her, warts and all, and therefore should be capable of swallowing all the criticism.

 

**edit** That said, once we’ve stated our opinions, there’s no need to be repetitive. The consensus is that many loyal fans are unhappy with either 1) the production, 2) the songwriting, 3) vocal delivery, or 4) all of the above. Maybe to save precious time & space, we should answer with numbers 1-4 :lmao:

 

I’ll go first: #4

I don't hate the songwriting except all the others.

Posted

Remember when René wouldn’t let her record “That’s Just The Woman In Me” for over 15 years because he KNEW that’s not what people wanted to hear from her? He knew people wanted to hear “proper” Celine, not the weird way she sounded on that song.

 

Of course he finally relented and let her include it on “Taking Chances” but the reality is I don’t think she has anyone alongside her now to say “don’t record that song” or “you need to try harder” or “try that again” etc. It’s obvious.

 

And that song actually turned out fabulous.

  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Weirdest part is that now that Celine said something about this song in twitter but she never mentioned that she recorded a song. It looked more of a friend saying congratulations to another friend kind of thing. She didn't even mention Superwoman. Same with TFY, she said some words about it but indirectly. She has to stop doing that. Another example is of using word Courage over and over, that's not the promotion she thinks it is

 

TFY??

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

TFY?

 

THE FIRST YIME………. EVER I SAW YOUR FACE?

 

THE FUDGE YOU?

 

TIME FOR YOU?

 

I give up

Posted

 

 

And that song actually turned out fabulous.

 

I respect your opinion, it’s just not for me though.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)
Of course Celine must be her best and prove that she can do it. She is under a contract and gets paid more then most of us would earn during several lifetimes, therefore she must deliver. Otherwise people wouldn’t attend her concerts or buy her albums. Do you really believe she doesn’t have to prove anything? She must more than anybody else. Why else would they make constant surveys about how people liked her shows? She just says that to come across as the big boss, but in reality it’s a dictated strategy that she follows to cater to as many people as possible to make the most money for herself and the people that signed her. Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)
They recorded the song during the Courage recording session 2016-2018. That explains the bad pronunciation and production. I hope she will choose better producers next time. What happened to the other song Play Me Like A Love Song?

post-1619-0-27877300-1630224326.jpg

post-1619-0-16640300-1630224387_thumb.png

Edited by comingback
  • Like 3
Posted

They recorded the song during the Courage recording session 2016-2018. That explains the bad pronunciation and production. I hope she will choose better producers next time. What happened to the other song Play Me Like A Love Song?

I thought it was throwback to Unfinished songs

Posted

I thought it was throwback to Unfinished songs

 

I think the second pic is but the first one is more recent.

The best is yet to come...
Posted

I think the second pic is but the first one is more recent.

 

The first pic is her old Caesars' Palace dressing room suite. Look at the decor, especially the color of the wood floors and the style of the door. The door is the giveaway.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
The first pic is from 2016. That's how old this song is. 5 years. Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

They recorded the song during the Courage recording session 2016-2018. That explains the bad pronunciation and production. I hope she will choose better producers next time. What happened to the other song Play Me Like A Love Song?

 

She's continued the bad pronunciation from 2018 - 2020, I don't see why everyone acts like those vocal choices were a phase.

Posted
I've been listening to the song a few times over the weekend and I still can't believe her pronunciation is that bad. "I throbe" ? Oh, I'm strong! Okay...
Posted

After listening to the song several times... It’s not a bad song BUT Celine’s voice it’s far from her best and her pronunciation is simply terrible.

Release Play Me Like A Love Song, please...

  • Like 5
Posted (edited)
Interesting to read all the negative opinions, I guess i'm more on board with the people on youtube haha. I really like superwoman, the instrumentation, how Celine delivers the message, the vibe of the song, everything. Of course I love her crystal clear voice but her voice how it is really fits the overall song in my opinion. Celine feels it and you can hear that. I liked the song right when I heard the first snippet and now even more and it keeps getting better and better. In my opinion it's by far the best song on that album. I don't like any of the other songs so much that I have to listen to them again anytime soon. I really hope she sings it live in vegas and on tour. Maybe more people will like it then too ;) I'm happy about this song Edited by ordinary fan
  • Like 3
Posted
I feel like the production quality is really bad too. Just compare it to How Does A Moment Last Forever and the difference is huge.
  • Like 2
Posted

I feel like the production quality is really bad too. Just compare it to How Does A Moment Last Forever and the difference is huge.

 

But of course that song was paid for by Disney, this song was paid for by Diane Warren.

Posted (edited)

The first pic is from 2016. That's how old this song is. 5 years.

 

Wasn't this from the Unfinished Songs, though?

 

edit: no I guess that was '13. It could have been from another time they met for something else though, right?

Edited by MTJ
Posted

She's continued the bad pronunciation from 2018 - 2020, I don't see why everyone acts like those vocal choices were a phase.

 

Please! Doesn't anyone else remember the joke that Celine's actually singing "the hot dogs go on" - if you listen to the song closely, it really does sound like that at certain lines. That was '97.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Please! Doesn't anyone else remember the joke that Celine's actually singing "the hot dogs go on" - if you listen to the song closely, it really does sound like that at certain lines. That was '97.

Her pronunciation is problematic in the studio version of MHWGO, but unlike Superwoman, at least her tone is clear and beautiful... not nasal, not froggy, etc...

Edited by GoldenLeaf
  • Like 2
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted (edited)

Please! Doesn't anyone else remember the joke that Celine's actually singing "the hot dogs go on" - if you listen to the song closely, it really does sound like that at certain lines. That was '97.

 

I think people are being trolls about that. I think almost anyone singing that song would make it sound that way. The same way they trolled about "Obama's Elf" with All By Myself.

 

I always think people, mostly non-Celine fans, underestimate her and her voice far too much. "Breakaway" has amazing pronunciation on LMBTL album, for example, and she's vocally on fire there. The Taking Chances tour and album were also full of great moments, and no major flaws.

 

It's not the end of the world, just a bad habit that could easily be broken with a few visits and talks with her coach! Then we can all move on :innocent:

Edited by PuraVida
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

 

Her pronunciation is problematic in the studio version of MHWGO, but unlike Superwoman, at least her tone is clear and beautiful... not nasal, not froggy, etc...

 

I remember in that songs. She says “That” as “Touch”

 

“I believe TOUCH the hot dogs go on”

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 3
Posted

I remember in that songs. She says "That" as "Touch"

 

"I believe TOUCH the hot dogs go on"

LOOL so true! :D
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

 

 

I remember in that songs. She says “That” as “Touch”

 

“I believe TOUCH the hot dogs go on”

 

She also says My heart will go OND and on.

 

All these little mistakes do serve the narrative that it was done in one magical take that they want us to believe.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I want to like the song but I just can’t . Her voice feels forced, like she is imitating Sia once again. And don’t compare this to my heart will go on. There she gave me goosebumps but here it sounds so nasal .

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Edited by browseceline
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
What about Tell Him? Blunt faith will leave love where it has to go!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...