Jump to content

"Love Again" movie - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

I think the two actors will obviously fall in love with her songs. I hope they add "Courage" it suits in the movie too.

They will meet Celine for advises. And they will fall in love and all, then at the end they will go to Celine's concert.

 

Posted (edited)

She's playing herself, it's a cameo. Somewhere in this thread is an interview stating she plays herself.

Well, who knows, maybe they'll change her last name to "Dijon". :-D

 

That's MY drag last name!!!! I'm seriously looking into trademarking it because it comes out of RuPaul's mouth frequently enough like she invented the name. Nope! It's ALL MINE #Circa2012 :sofunny:

 

https://www.facebook.com/saline.dijon/

 

 

https://www.instagra...m/saline.dijon/

Edited by CelinesDIVO5
  • Like 4

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

That's MY drag last name!!!! I'm seriously looking into trademarking it because it comes out of RuPaul's mouth frequently enough like she invented the name. Nope! It's ALL MINE #Circa2012 :sofunny:

 

https://www.facebook.com/saline.dijon/

 

 

https://www.instagra...m/saline.dijon/

I remember. I like your voice and your makeup is amazing! :)
  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

I remember. I like your voice and your makeup is amazing! :)

 

Thank you so much!!!!

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

You know what I'd love her to do, if she's really serious about this acting thing? An episode of Call my Agent!

 

If you're not familiar, it's one of the big French break-out hits on Netflix that is now heading into season 5 and is getting an English remake (Dix pour cent is the French title).

 

It's a show about a talent agency, and each episode features a famous A-lister playing an exaggerated version of themselves. They've had episodes with Juliette Binoche, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Isabelle Huppert, Monica Bellucci, even Sigourney Weaver, and many others. Usually actors, but they could totally pull off a singer episode.

 

And I think it would be a perfect vehicle for Celine. She'd play herself (which seems to be her kind of "acting" :giggle:), she'd get to do it in French, but in a show that has a huge anglo following and has been a hit worldwide. Plus it's only one episode, so shouldn't be too much strain on her schedule.

 

https://en.wikipedia...i/Call_My_Agent!

 

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80133335

Edited by scielle
  • Like 5
Posted

You know what I'd love her to do, if she's really serious about this acting thing? An episode of Call my Agent!

 

If you're not familiar, it's one of the big French break-out hits on Netflix that is now heading into season 5 and is getting an English remake (Dix pour cent is the French title).

 

It's a show about a talent agency, and each episode features a famous A-lister playing an exaggerated version of themselves. They've had episodes with Juliette Binoche, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Isabelle Huppert, Monica Bellucci, even Sigourney Weaver, and many others. Usually actors, but they could totally pull off a singer episode.

 

And I think it would be a perfect vehicle for Celine. She'd play herself (which seems to be her kind of "acting" :giggle:), she'd get to do it in French, but in a show that has a huge anglo following and has been a hit worldwide. Plus it's only one episode, so shouldn't be too much strain on her schedule.

 

https://en.wikipedia...i/Call_My_Agent!

 

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80133335

 

Yeah, I've been thinking the same, I love that show and I'm sure they'd love to have her.

  • Like 2
Posted

You know what I'd love her to do, if she's really serious about this acting thing? An episode of Call my Agent!

 

If you're not familiar, it's one of the big French break-out hits on Netflix that is now heading into season 5 and is getting an English remake (Dix pour cent is the French title).

 

It's a show about a talent agency, and each episode features a famous A-lister playing an exaggerated version of themselves. They've had episodes with Juliette Binoche, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Isabelle Huppert, Monica Bellucci, even Sigourney Weaver, and many others. Usually actors, but they could totally pull off a singer episode.

 

And I think it would be a perfect vehicle for Celine. She'd play herself (which seems to be her kind of "acting" :giggle:), she'd get to do it in French, but in a show that has a huge anglo following and has been a hit worldwide. Plus it's only one episode, so shouldn't be too much strain on her schedule.

 

https://en.wikipedia...i/Call_My_Agent!

 

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80133335

 

Love this idea.

Posted

This movie might he the only thing i am excited about this whole year.

 

And since we all think that Celine will also do a soundtrack. What do you think it would be, a love ballad, uptempo, EDM, rap, or a slow acoustic song?

Posted

This movie might he the only thing i am excited about this whole year.

 

And since we all think that Celine will also do a soundtrack. What do you think it would be, a love ballad, uptempo, EDM, rap, or a slow acoustic song?

 

Love ballad for sure.

The best is yet to come...
Posted

Love ballad for sure.

I think so too, most likely
Posted (edited)

I hope Céline will be cast in more movies

 

Imagine Céline being cast as an antagonist. And this is the story

 

She’s a superstar and there is this one fan who idolizes her so much who goes every concert and wants to be a singer as well. Then, that fan sang in a comfort room while fixing her hair and she was heard by a man outside. He is a famous manager and promises that he will make that fan famous like Céline . Céline’s mom heard that story and heard her sing and she was so upset. Feeling threatened and told Céline about that fan. Céline’s mom is a devil a bad person, a manipulative beach and she’s a bad influence to Céline.

 

After how many months, that fan became famous and they met in this event and Céline’s mom pushed Céline and wants her to fight that fan. Céline did what her mom told her.

 

That fans said. “Hi Céline—“ and Céline moves forward and said this line. “You are nothing but a second rate trying hard copycat!” and grabs the wine glass and splash it to her.

 

that’s for now lol I think Céline can pull off being an antagonist in a movie. ��

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

I hope Céline will be cast in more movies

 

Imagine Céline being cast as an antagonist. And this is the story

 

She’s a superstar and there is this one fan who idolizes her so much who goes every concert and wants to be a singer as well. Then, that fan sang in a comfort room while fixing her hair and she was heard by a man outside. He is a famous manager and promises that he will make that fan famous like Céline . Céline’s mom heard that story and heard her sing and she was so upset. Feeling threatened and told Céline about that fan. Céline’s mom is a devil a bad person, a manipulative beach and she’s a bad influence to Céline.

 

After how many months, that fan became famous and they met in this event and Céline’s mom pushed Céline and wants her to fight that fan. Céline did what her mom told her.

 

That fans said. “Hi Céline—“ and Céline moves forward and said this line. “You are nothing but a second rate trying hard copycat!” and grabs the wine glass and splash it to her.

 

that’s for now lol I think Céline can pull off being an antagonist in a movie. ��

I think you need a nap! :P
  • Like 1
Posted

I think you need a nap! :P

 

I just woke up :clap:

  • Like 2
Posted

You know what I'd love her to do, if she's really serious about this acting thing? An episode of Call my Agent!

 

If you're not familiar, it's one of the big French break-out hits on Netflix that is now heading into season 5 and is getting an English remake (Dix pour cent is the French title).

 

It's a show about a talent agency, and each episode features a famous A-lister playing an exaggerated version of themselves. They've had episodes with Juliette Binoche, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Isabelle Huppert, Monica Bellucci, even Sigourney Weaver, and many others. Usually actors, but they could totally pull off a singer episode.

 

And I think it would be a perfect vehicle for Celine. She'd play herself (which seems to be her kind of "acting" :giggle:), she'd get to do it in French, but in a show that has a huge anglo following and has been a hit worldwide. Plus it's only one episode, so shouldn't be too much strain on her schedule.

 

https://en.wikipedia...i/Call_My_Agent!

 

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80133335

 

LOL

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet
  • Like 2
Posted

Clearly, I wasn’t the only one thinking it! 😂

 

“Aline is somehow not a project dreamed up in an episode of Call My Agent!, though you can totally imagine Hervé proudly pitching the name Aline.”

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet
Posted
IMO calling this movie Aline is ridiculous, since it is very clear that this movie is about Celine. She even sings her songs. What's the point of insisting on a fictiv character, when they advertise it a s a biopic?
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

IMO calling this movie Aline is ridiculous, since it is very clear that this movie is about Celine. She even sings her songs. What's the point of insisting on a fictiv character, when they advertise it a s a biopic?

 

because... lol

 

"Celine Dion said you can have my songs and my life story, but don’t you dare use my real name!!"

Posted

IMO calling this movie Aline is ridiculous, since it is very clear that this movie is about Celine. She even sings her songs. What's the point of insisting on a fictiv character, when they advertise it a s a biopic?

 

... to remind viewers that there is a real person behind the persona. Yes, we all know her music, but the name only represents part of who she is.

 

Posted

because... lol

 

"Celine Dion said you can have my songs and my life story, but don’t you dare use my real name!!"

did Celine really say that to her?
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)
1622747643[/url]' post='2405390']

... to remind viewers that there is a real person behind the persona. Yes, we all know her music, but the name only represents part of who she is.

ok, thanks for explaining. But I still think this idea was weird. And maybe it would place more attention on Celine, if they properly advertised it with Celine on board, instead of making it a totally independent thing that appears like something that Celine isn’t involved in or even aware of Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
Valerie tried to explain her vision in some of the interviews last year, that she wanted to keep some distance between the real Céline and this story, but it’s kind of a pain to explain - especially for non-French people. Who knows, maybe it’s a load of B.S. and Valerie tried to get permission to use her name and was unsuccessful?
  • Like 1
Posted

ok, thanks for explaining. But I still think this idea was weird. And maybe it would place more attention on Celine, if they properly advertised it with Celine on board, instead of making it a totally independent thing that appears like something that Celine isn’t involved in or even aware of

 

It IS independent. That was the idea (at least ostensibly). She’s aware but not involved. And I think it’s a lot better that way!

Posted

IMO calling this movie Aline is ridiculous, since it is very clear that this movie is about Celine. She even sings her songs. What's the point of insisting on a fictiv character, when they advertise it a s a biopic?

 

I kind of like the absurdity, campiness, and wink-wink nature of the title.

 

I think there are pros and cons to using a "fake name", pros being you can be a little bit more lenient with the story presumably, it maybe cost a lot less to not have to pay for the rights to Celine's likeness, and without using her name directly they didn't have to seek as much approval or input from her...which she probably wasn't able to give because this was in the works during very tough years for Celine.

 

The cons are the easy selling point and explainability, the marketing and attraction that Celine brings with her name upfront (but maybe some people are less willing to admit they are going to see the straight up Celine biopic).

Posted

 

 

because... lol

 

"Celine Dion said you can have my songs and my life story, but don’t you dare use my real name!!"

did Celine really say that to her?

 

I don't think Celine actually said this. I think that came from a tweet and it's the users reaction to the film so clearly being about Celine but not using her name lol. It was posted earlier along with a bunch of other Twitter reactions to the film. To my knowledge I don't think it's been actually verified Celine herself said that.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

did Celine really say that to her?

 

Of course not. It's a joke someone made in response to the trailer.

Posted
Peeps, this thread is for Text For You, not Aline. Too many movies I guess! :P
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...