jpatdeleon09 Posted April 5, 2021 at 02:48 AM Posted April 5, 2021 at 02:48 AM So fun to see Celine's name listed. I can't wait!! I also can't wait to finally see Aline. There's a lot of fabulous Celine stuff coming our way. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10276482/ Can’t wait! I hope this is the start of her acting with singing career on movies 1 Quote
thatstheteacherinmehbaby Posted April 5, 2021 at 03:19 AM Posted April 5, 2021 at 03:19 AM (edited) Can’t wait! I hope this is the start of her acting with singing career on movies Well I am not sure what the part if your post that says "start her acting with singing career" means, sorry... Because if you mean Celine starting her SINGING career, she has been ALREADY doing that lol! (except for the past year thanks to the stupid frickin Pandemic!) & if you mean about her starting to "sing in movies", she also has been doing that for years too lol (even though not in recent years, yea I do miss the "Celine singing on soundtracks" days too like back in tbe golden 90s!) But if you mean "ACTING in movies", yea i know EXACTLY what you mean... & I do wish she would do an ACTUAL acting movie role, & not just another brief silly cameo appearance like the "Muppets" movie from a few years ago... But I am fearing that "Text for you" will be just ANOTHER cameo appearance from Celine, considering Celine & company HAVE NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING about this movie in over a year since we have heard about it! Heck if it was not for this forum or for the twitter accounts of the 2 lead actors, none of us would know about this movie! Because it will be the Ice age again by the time we hear from Celine or her team about this (if we even do hear from any of them @ all, it looks very doubtful we will @ this point!) Edited April 5, 2021 at 03:19 AM by thatstheteacherinmehbaby Quote sincerely, maria <3
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 5, 2021 at 04:21 AM Posted April 5, 2021 at 04:21 AM Well I am not sure what the part if your post that says "start her acting with singing career" means, sorry... Because if you mean Celine starting her SINGING career, she has been ALREADY doing that lol! (except for the past year thanks to the stupid frickin Pandemic!) & if you mean about her starting to "sing in movies", she also has been doing that for years too lol (even though not in recent years, yea I do miss the "Celine singing on soundtracks" days too like back in tbe golden 90s!) But if you mean "ACTING in movies", yea i know EXACTLY what you mean... & I do wish she would do an ACTUAL acting movie role, & not just another brief silly cameo appearance like the "Muppets" movie from a few years ago... But I am fearing that "Text for you" will be just ANOTHER cameo appearance from Celine, considering Celine & company HAVE NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING about this movie in over a year since we have heard about it! Heck if it was not for this forum or for the twitter accounts of the 2 lead actors, none of us would know about this movie! Because it will be the Ice age again by the time we hear from Celine or her team about this (if we even do hear from any of them @ all, it looks very doubtful we will @ this point!) What i meant was Acting-singing on a movie like Mamma miaDreamgirlsEtc. Quote
Xpresso Posted April 5, 2021 at 01:20 PM Posted April 5, 2021 at 01:20 PM The Easter Bunny is back for a while. 3 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted April 8, 2021 at 06:27 PM Posted April 8, 2021 at 06:27 PM I don't know what account this deuxmoi is but if this is true I just hope she isn't also filming at CP lol Celine really said "I'll be in the movie but y'all gotta come to me"🤦♀️ Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
CSCfan Posted April 9, 2021 at 03:27 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 03:27 PM Well it does make sense as they'll see her perform, so it's gotta be *somewhere*.Probably not at CP but most likely at Resorts World if that's the case. 1 Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Nmj Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:06 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:06 PM Maybe since she’s basically the main part to film her scenes they will go to her in Vegas, I don’t think it will be recorded at Caesar’s, Resorts World or anywhere else on the Vegas strip... instead probably outdoors and in a soundstage... so she doesn’t have to travel to Europe to film. Quote
ryba Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:07 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:07 PM (edited) She will probably use this film to promote and advertise her new show in Vegas, since it's coming out in 2022. Also, becuase it's supposed to be released on Valentines day, I'm pretty sure that Play me like a love song will be the soundtrack, since Humberto said that it will be released on a Valentines day. Edited April 9, 2021 at 05:08 PM by ryba 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:11 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:11 PM Would be cool if they actually held a one-off concert for her there to use for the film. 4 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:15 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:15 PM Would be cool if they actually held a one-off concert for her there to use for the film. I’m even wondering how they would do that, if shows aren’t able to resume yet to fill the the venue... or whether they will embrace the audience wearing the masks, If Covid isn’t a factor in the storyline of the movie... but with 5000 spectators, one would think at least masks would still be required. Quote
smw Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:36 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:36 PM I think it'd be great if they filmed at Resorts World. Then Celine would be the first to "perform" on that stage.... which would be great if she does, indeed, do a residency there down the road. 1 Quote
ryba Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:38 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 05:38 PM I think that they will simply use footage form the Courage world tour for a concert scene 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted April 9, 2021 at 06:13 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 06:13 PM Let's hope the ugly wig is gone and they use the first dress from Quebec as opposed to the strange one. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
DionFanAlways Posted April 9, 2021 at 11:25 PM Posted April 9, 2021 at 11:25 PM I'm sorry but I'm bummed she's playing herself. sigh...(don't shoot me) 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Chantemoi Posted April 10, 2021 at 07:01 AM Posted April 10, 2021 at 07:01 AM I'm sorry but I'm bummed she's playing herself. sigh...(don't shoot me) She played herself in the Muppets movie, and that was hilarious. I wonder if she is playing “Céline Dion” or if she’s playing a new character. We haven’t heard anything yet, so let’s hope she goes out on a limb and does something unexpected (no matter how delusional that may sound ) 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 10, 2021 at 09:02 AM Posted April 10, 2021 at 09:02 AM Céline Dion played as a fairy godmother in Muppets movie. Quote
Xpresso Posted April 10, 2021 at 12:26 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 12:26 PM (edited) I think playing your own person must be really odd.Imagine, you are given a script of what you would supposedly say in real life. That's probably more difficult than portraying someone else. Edited April 10, 2021 at 12:27 PM by Xpresso Quote
comingback Posted April 10, 2021 at 12:59 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 12:59 PM (edited) She will be on the screen for a few minutes as Celine Dion like in The Nanny or Touched by an Angel.That's it. Case closed. Sorry, not excited at all. Edited April 10, 2021 at 01:02 PM by comingback 1 Quote
Celinelife Posted April 10, 2021 at 01:26 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 01:26 PM Although she won't be present, her music will be used a lot, as we hope Quote
ryba Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:11 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:11 PM (edited) 1618059573[/url]' post='2402083']She will be on the screen for a few minutes as Celine Dion like in The Nanny or Touched by an Angel.That's it. Case closed.Sorry, not excited at all.Thats why I wonder why they constantly refer to this as „Celine Dions acting tribute“. She already appeared tons of times on movies and series. It’s definitely not an acting tribute. Maybe it’s just marketing Edited April 10, 2021 at 02:11 PM by ryba 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:15 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:15 PM Thats why I wonder why they constantly refer to this as „Celine Dions acting tribute“. She already appeared tons of times on movies and series. It’s definitely not an acting tribute. Maybe it’s just marketing Marketing. But this is her first film role that will debut in theatres, so I don't think it's deceptive. I wouldn't count The Muppets, that's a cameo not a role. But even so if she's playing herself in a movie (is this confirmed?) sometimes it is counted as a cameo? I don't know if cameos can be nominated for awards, not sure how that all works Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:23 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:23 PM How sure of you guys that she will be only in a minute or two in this movie? I think she will be present for more than 10 mins (combined different scenes from the movie) 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:24 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 02:24 PM I want to see first “Aline”, I remember some the members her have already seen the movie. Some wanting it to watch the movie again. So, that means it’s good Quote
Xpresso Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:28 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:28 PM (edited) She will be on the screen for a few minutes as Celine Dion like in The Nanny or Touched by an Angel.That's it. Case closed.Sorry, not excited at all.Is that what happens in the German version? I was under the impression that the singer has more than a few minutes in the original movie. Edited April 10, 2021 at 03:28 PM by Xpresso Quote
Xpresso Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:30 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:30 PM Thats why I wonder why they constantly refer to this as „Celine Dions acting tribute“. She already appeared tons of times on movies and series. It’s definitely not an acting tribute. Maybe it’s just marketingActing debut, not tribute. It has a lot to do with reaching her base (love songs, love movie). Makes sense! Quote
Nmj Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:31 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:31 PM Acting debut, not tribute. It has a lot to do with reaching her base (love songs, love movie). Makes sense! I think it’s a good role to play herself as her debut role.... get her feet wet for hopefully the next film that will be a little more meaty. 2 Quote
comingback Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:44 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 03:44 PM Is that what happens in the German version? I was under the impression that the singer has more than a few minutes in the original movie. In the German version the singer has 10 minutes screentime (interview with the male leading actor 5 min and music scene (song) 5 min at the end ).But maybe they will surprise us, we will see... 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 10, 2021 at 11:19 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 11:19 PM (edited) Marketing. But this is her first film role that will debut in theatres, so I don't think it's deceptive. I wouldn't count The Muppets, that's a cameo not a role. But even so if she's playing herself in a movie (is this confirmed?) sometimes it is counted as a cameo? I don't know if cameos can be nominated for awards, not sure how that all works She's playing herself, it's a cameo. Somewhere in this thread is an interview stating she plays herself.Well, who knows, maybe they'll change her last name to "Dijon". Edited April 10, 2021 at 11:22 PM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
PuraVida Posted April 10, 2021 at 11:37 PM Posted April 10, 2021 at 11:37 PM She's playing herself, it's a cameo. Somewhere in this thread is an interview stating she plays herself.Well, who knows, maybe they'll change her last name to "Dijon". Maybe she'll make a better Aline than Aline 1 Quote
george_matei Posted April 11, 2021 at 04:54 AM Posted April 11, 2021 at 04:54 AM I think that the only thing about playing herself is the name - she will be called Celine. Also, the love story it will be built around her music. About the minutes, I don't know. I hope for more than 10 minutes, but we don't know. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.