stevo Posted July 15, 2016 at 10:09 PM Posted July 15, 2016 at 10:09 PM Well just be grateful it's on the album. I don't think she should have to re-record it. It's a bonus track. 4 Quote
HushNow Posted July 15, 2016 at 10:53 PM Posted July 15, 2016 at 10:53 PM Yes we are. It's already been released multiple times. Why would she record it? For the same reason she's singing it in concert. To honor René. Singing it live to honor Rene... that's enough, right? Why is it never enough?It's ridiculous to expect from Celine to touch that song again as a studio recording, simply because Rene seem to like the original.How would she re-sing it? What is it that he loved? Does she capture that again? What does she need to capture that he loved?She doesn't know... and he's not there to tell... If the most important person in your life loves a song you did 30 years ago so much that he made it the most important song of his funeral, I don't think it makes sense for her to run to a studio and redo it... why would she... especially now he is no longer around to tell her what it is she needs to redo... 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted July 16, 2016 at 12:07 AM Posted July 16, 2016 at 12:07 AM Very noble thoughts, but I'm sure the vast majority of fans here would love a newly recorded version with her mature voice. 6 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
québecflower Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:24 AM Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:24 AM Very noble thoughts, but I'm sure the vast majority of fans here would love a newly recorded version with her mature voice.i really prefer her voice now...it is more true. 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Alex_Incognito Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:02 AM Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:02 AM i really prefer her voice now...it is more true.I agree.P.s. I had Joe' smoked meats today. Wow. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
celinefanonline Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:30 AM Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:30 AM if it's just the remastered it doesn't really fit into the album though i know it's bonus track but still... 1 Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
québecflower Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:39 AM Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:39 AM I agree.P.s. I had Joe' smoked meats today. Wow.i didn't go there, don't like smoked meat....i hope you did enjoy some poutine though... Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
anewdayhascome Posted July 16, 2016 at 11:19 AM Posted July 16, 2016 at 11:19 AM I think it will still be new. Remember how we thought she would sing the awful studio version of TSMGO and she did the orchestral version during the ceremony? Especially if she has sung it during the concert, I think it's certain she has rerecorded it and with remastered instrumentals, not the old ones! Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Javito Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:44 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:44 PM If she's singing 3h20 during the tour with her current voice, it does makes sense to re-record the song in the studio too. Only if she wants to, of course. Other different thing would be that they would be playing the original album version on her concerts with her 1983 voice, but she's actually singing it today. So yes, for me it also makes sense to have a rerecording That said, I won't make a fuss if we get the original version again. 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
actofcontrition Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:46 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:46 PM Well if its the 1984 version its pointless to have it on a deluxe edition. They said 3 bonus tracks i want 3 new tracks and not a 1984 track we already have on many albums! And it doesnt fit.. the 1984 song is dated... ok you listen to 14 songs from 2016 and then oops her 1984 voice. Im still hoping for a new recording with new arrangement for the music. Would be soooo beautiful if the beginning of the song was a cappella like in the tour! And by the way im so tired we can never say anything here without someone writing 'hey its more than enough, she lost her husband, we are lucky to have a new album, she could have stop singing long time ago bla bla bla' Well she is not the first one to lose her husband, normal people have to work way more harder and if she didnt end her career maybe its because she doesnt want to so stop seeing this like its a gift. Recording 14 or 15 songs is almost the same thing so dont tell me she couldnt do it! It would be a gift to her fans and a great tribute to René AND Eddy Marnay because i think its so sad she always say 'oh eddy was like a father, he wrote me very beautiful songs for years' but she really seems to forget that first 10 years of her career because she never sing those songs anymore except a medley of damour ou damitié-mon ami ma quittée. 6 Quote
Javito Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:55 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 01:55 PM (edited) Well if its the 1984 version its pointless to have it on a deluxe edition. They said 3 bonus tracks i want 3 new tracks and not a 1984 track we already have on many albums! And it doesnt fit.. the 1984 song is dated... ok you listen to 14 songs from 2016 and then oops her 1984 voice. Im still hoping for a new recording with new arrangement for the music. Would be soooo beautiful if the beginning of the song was a cappella like in the tour! And by the way im so tired we can never say anything here without someone writing 'hey its more than enough, she lost her husband, we are lucky to have a new album, she could have stop singing long time ago bla bla bla' Well she is not the first one to lose her husband, normal people have to work way more harder and if she didnt end her career maybe its because she doesnt want to so stop seeing this like its a gift. Recording 14 or 15 songs is almost the same thing so dont tell me she couldnt do it! It would be a gift to her fans and a great tribute to René AND Eddy Marnay because i think its so sad she always say 'oh eddy was like a father, he wrote me very beautiful songs for years' but she really seems to forget that first 10 years of her career because she never sing those songs anymore except a medley of damour ou damitié-mon ami ma quittée. Agree with your point of view And now that you mention Eddy Marnay, an album project where she revisited the songs he wrote her with her current voice, with updated arrangements, that would be really something to pay him tribute in a decent way! Like "Celine sings Marnay" or something. The 2003 memorial was never enough! We don't even have videos nor decent audios from that unique event (where her voice was AMAZING) They could release her first albums in CD once and for all, and include a bonus disc with rerecordings of the hits and the most popular songs (D'amour ou d'amitié, Mon a mi m'a quitée, C'est pour toi, Avec toi, Mon rêve de toujours, Les chemins de ma maison, Les oiseaux du bonheur...) I mean, it's about time! And Eddy deserves much more credit in her concerts than what she's doing. Edited July 16, 2016 at 01:58 PM by Javito 6 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
actofcontrition Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:01 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:01 PM Agree with your point of view And now that you mention Eddy Marnay, an album project where she revisited the songs he wrote her with her current voice, with updated arrangements, that would be really something to pay him tribute in a decent way! Like "Celine sings Marnay" or something. The 2003 memorial was never enough! We don't even have videos nor decent audios from that unique event (where her voice was AMAZING) I am hoping for a album like that for yearssssssss it would be amazing. C'est pour vivre in 2003 was amazing. Same for ELLE in 1994. Would love to hear songs like Mon reve de toujours, les oiseaux du bonheur, du soleil au coeur, c'est pour toi, etc. with her actual voice. 2 Quote
mgreyck Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:02 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:02 PM I'm really excited for this album. I hope that the sales in first week will be huge 2 Quote
ehild Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:04 PM Author Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:04 PM I ordered the deluxe edition from Amazon Italy. I sure hope TC offers it though!! I wonder when the new Boutique will be up and running? And if there will finally be some new merch? 3 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
LukeD Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:23 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 02:23 PM (edited) The past week or so I said I wouldn't get excited about the music video of Encore Un Soir that seems to be different than her usual music videos, nor about the Pink song. I did make the mistake though to anticipate much about this recording of Trois Heures Vingt. And now I'm disappointed. I had really hoped we would get a new recording... If A La Plus Haute Branche sounds like a proper ending track then I'll get the Standard Edition. Same thing I did with SA since I thought her take on NMQP was bland and a filler. Edited July 16, 2016 at 02:23 PM by LukeD 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 16, 2016 at 03:29 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 03:29 PM I ordered the deluxe edition from Amazon Italy. I sure hope TC offers it though!! I wonder when the new Boutique will be up and running? And if there will finally be some new merch?Did you by chance get an estimated delivery date? I'm 95% sure the boutique will be up and running to sell the album, but if not I'll order it from Quebec probably. Just curious! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 16, 2016 at 06:55 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 06:55 PM The past week or so I said I wouldn't get excited about the music video of Encore Un Soir that seems to be different than her usual music videos, nor about the Pink song. I did make the mistake though to anticipate much about this recording of Trois Heures Vingt. And now I'm disappointed. I had really hoped we would get a new recording... If A La Plus Haute Branche sounds like a proper ending track then I'll get the Standard Edition. Same thing I did with SA since I thought her take on NMQP was bland and a filler. But the othe Zeho song is on the deluxe too!! Quote
RosieBarron Posted July 16, 2016 at 07:00 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 07:00 PM Agree with your point of view And now that you mention Eddy Marnay, an album project where she revisited the songs he wrote her with her current voice, with updated arrangements, that would be really something to pay him tribute in a decent way! Like "Celine sings Marnay" or something. The 2003 memorial was never enough! We don't even have videos nor decent audios from that unique event (where her voice was AMAZING) They could release her first albums in CD once and for all, and include a bonus disc with rerecordings of the hits and the most popular songs (D'amour ou d'amitié, Mon a mi m'a quitée, C'est pour toi, Avec toi, Mon rêve de toujours, Les chemins de ma maison, Les oiseaux du bonheur...) I mean, it's about time! And Eddy deserves much more credit in her concerts than what she's doing. Well she did name one of her sons after him. That's a pretty big tribute! I'm not sure what re recording Trois Heures Vingt would add. I kind of like the fact that it is something they recorded together back in the day not knowing what the future held. There is a irony and a level of meaning in that that would be lost if it was re recorded. 3 Quote
scielle Posted July 16, 2016 at 07:30 PM Posted July 16, 2016 at 07:30 PM (edited) And it doesnt fit.. the 1984 song is dated... ok you listen to 14 songs from 2016 and then oops her 1984 voice. Im still hoping for a new recording with new arrangement for the music. Would be soooo beautiful if the beginning of the song was a cappella like in the tour! It doesn't sound dated to me at all. I think it's as perfect a recording as one could expect. She sounds angelic and I can see why Rene loved this song. No need to fix what's not broken. And I very much agree with the below - Well she did name one of her sons after him. That's a pretty big tribute! I'm not sure what re recording Trois Heures Vingt would add. I kind of like the fact that it is something they recorded together back in the day not knowing what the future held. There is a irony and a level of meaning in that that would be lost if it was re recorded. Yes, the live rendition we've heard recently is beautiful for its own reasons, and I wouldn't mind a new recorded version, but I also don't mind at all if the album contains the original. I think it's very fitting. Edited July 16, 2016 at 07:31 PM by scielle 2 Quote
ehild Posted July 16, 2016 at 11:00 PM Author Posted July 16, 2016 at 11:00 PM Did you by chance get an estimated delivery date? I'm 95% sure the boutique will be up and running to sell the album, but if not I'll order it from Quebec probably. Just curious!September 9-11 here in the states. So for sure if TC sells it I'll cancel that Amazon order and buy from there. TC was on the ball last time. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Angel2006 Posted July 17, 2016 at 05:55 AM Posted July 17, 2016 at 05:55 AM I was a little disappointed to see that Celine's new CD isn't going to have a plastic casing, like most CD's. I was wondering, Does anyone know if the Deluxe version comes with a CD that has a plastic casing? I know that the Deluxe version comes with a box filled with CD that has additional songs, a booklet with pictures and some bracelets, but does anyone know if the quality of the actual packaging of the CD inside the box is different then the standard CD only version? 1 Quote
Popular Post Davey84 Posted July 17, 2016 at 09:57 AM Popular Post Posted July 17, 2016 at 09:57 AM (edited) My bf just ordered the deluxe and the LP for our 12th anniversary the 20th of August!! He knows my needs, that's why I love him so much Edited July 17, 2016 at 12:21 PM by Davey84 11 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Critiaslux Posted July 17, 2016 at 11:46 AM Posted July 17, 2016 at 11:46 AM It doesn't sound dated to me at all. I think it's as perfect a recording as one could expect. She sounds angelic and I can see why Rene loved this song. No need to fix what's not broken. And I very much agree with the below - Yes, the live rendition we've heard recently is beautiful for its own reasons, and I wouldn't mind a new recorded version, but I also don't mind at all if the album contains the original. I think it's very fitting. I quite agree. Both would be fine with me Quote
Ronny83 Posted July 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM Posted July 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM (edited) My bf just ordered the deluxe and the LP for our 12th anniversary the 20th of August!! He knows my needs, that's why I love him so much True love. ❤ LOL Edited July 17, 2016 at 12:22 PM by Davey84 1 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
mirage Posted July 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM Posted July 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM (edited) My bf just ordered the deluxe and the LP for our 12th anniversary the 20th of August!! He knows my needs, that's why I love him so much True love. ❤ LOL Haha mine still doesnt get the hint... Edited July 17, 2016 at 12:22 PM by Davey84 1 Quote
Moleque20 Posted July 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM Posted July 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM (edited) My bf just ordered the deluxe and the LP for our 12th anniversary the 20th of August!! He knows my needs, that's why I love him so much Gosh... B'days, wedding/relationship anniversaries. Grandmother's b'days... Everytime we go a new release.🤔 Edited July 17, 2016 at 12:21 PM by Davey84 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
DionFanAlways Posted July 17, 2016 at 01:23 PM Posted July 17, 2016 at 01:23 PM My bf just ordered the deluxe and the LP for our 12th anniversary the 20th of August!! He knows my needs, that's why I love him so much Awww 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
celine4evauk Posted July 17, 2016 at 01:30 PM Posted July 17, 2016 at 01:30 PM Still no sign of the LP on amazon uk. Think I'll just get the deluxe and try to get the LP later on. Quote
anewdayhascome Posted July 17, 2016 at 03:09 PM Posted July 17, 2016 at 03:09 PM so deluxe edition won't be in plastic CD? Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
ehild Posted July 17, 2016 at 03:12 PM Author Posted July 17, 2016 at 03:12 PM Grrrr....can't find any way to get this in the states. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.