Javito Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:46 PM Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:46 PM If it's for allusions, I never said D'elles is a bad album, but that I dislike it, which is something very different Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Angel2006 Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:48 PM Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:48 PM 19 days to go! I have been loving all the hype this time around for a French album release. It is amazing the attention Encore Un Soir is receiving. It makes me so happy. 2 Quote
québecflower Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:51 PM Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:51 PM If it's for allusions, I never said D'elles is a bad album, but that I dislike it, which is something very different you forgot that phrase...: D'elles looked as if it had been conceived for women during those days of her period Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Javito Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:55 PM Posted August 7, 2016 at 09:55 PM (edited) you forgot that phrase...: D'elles looked as if it had been conceived for women during those days of her period So...? It was written by and for women. I cannot relate to most of what it says Edit: by the way, just fyi, Moi quand je pleure is even more related with the period thing. That song conceals a message for girls in their pre-teens which are having those days during her first menstruations. There's even a rumor that said the song was used for a Tampax commercial somewhere... Read between the lines... Edited August 7, 2016 at 09:59 PM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
québecflower Posted August 7, 2016 at 10:03 PM Posted August 7, 2016 at 10:03 PM So...? It was written by and for women. I cannot relate to most of what it says i doubt that this what they were thinking when they made the album... Already , when you look at the title , d'Elles versus d'Eux , it is like a wish to obtain the same succes..I can't believe that ,when they heard the album , they were thinking it was as good. Ididn't liked this part of it, because d'Eux was and still is my favorite. Sorry , i,ll stay on subject now. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
nuts2you Posted August 8, 2016 at 12:29 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 12:29 AM this topic is getting to :sofunny: Quote
Popular Post Ororo Munroe Posted August 8, 2016 at 03:41 AM Popular Post Posted August 8, 2016 at 03:41 AM I was thinking of "A la plus haute branche" during a walk tonight with friends, and I did this picture. http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/32/1470627657-a-la-plus-haute-branche-2.jpg 16 Quote
Moleque20 Posted August 8, 2016 at 06:57 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 06:57 AM What was the concept of 1f&4t? Unless you mean the similar sound and music style and that it was put together by a team of guys with a similar taste in music, well that's fine, but other than that... there are songs with different themes there: love, despair, Céline's husband, René-Charles, then the covers (Retiens-moi and Rien n'est vraiment fini)... There's even one song written for the wife of one of the songwriters, not Céline (Tu nages)... But that said, somehow the album flows perfectly More country sound. Celine dressed as a cowgirl. Songs written by 4+1 songwriters that is also included in the title. 2 duets with them. It is not a 100% conceptual album, but it is in the direction in my opinion. 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Daysleeper Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:12 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:12 AM "Tu nages" (which is one of my favorites) is also a cover originally sung by Anggun. 2 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:20 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:20 AM (edited) It is maybe not a theme which is a concept but definitely the style Edited August 8, 2016 at 08:20 AM by anewdayhascome 1 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Allysadreams Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:32 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:32 AM I was thinking of "A la plus haute branche" during a walk tonight with friends, and I did this picture. http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/32/1470627657-a-la-plus-haute-branche-2.jpg That is stunning, well done you, I'm thinking of getting a better camera to take some better shots....I love stars, makes me appreciate how rare we all are. Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
Allysadreams Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:36 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 08:36 AM (edited) I am so desperate for this new album! I adore the song 'La Plus Haute Branche' (still trying to find the lyrics and an english translation) I'm sure it'll be here soon enough....I've ordered a hard deluxe copy from Amazon and I've pre ordered the deluxe album from Itunes UK, that's when you know you're a fan ha ha Not long guys and lets all be nice and just support our love for Celine and her music:) Edited August 8, 2016 at 08:37 AM by Allysadreams 2 Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
stevo Posted August 8, 2016 at 10:14 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 10:14 AM I was thinking of "A la plus haute branche" during a walk tonight with friends, and I did this picture. http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/32/1470627657-a-la-plus-haute-branche-2.jpg This is beautiful Quote
LukeD Posted August 8, 2016 at 11:32 AM Posted August 8, 2016 at 11:32 AM I am so desperate for this new album! I adore the song 'La Plus Haute Branche' (still trying to find the lyrics and an english translation) I'm sure it'll be here soon enough....I've ordered a hard deluxe copy from Amazon and I've pre ordered the deluxe album from Itunes UK, that's when you know you're a fan ha ha Not long guys and lets all be nice and just support our love for Celine and her music:)This is a good translation for most part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpVMs2bheU4 Quote
Popular Post LukeD Posted August 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM Popular Post Posted August 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM (edited) ALPHB is the last song of the Standard Edition of the album. Its ending phrase is ''Dis au Bon Dieu que c'est dimanche, et qu'il peut venir te chercher...'' which brings me back to her very first album (and first song on it) ''La Voix Du Bon Dieu'', not only because both songs mention the ''good god'', but also because of the reference to the word ''dimanche''. It was part of the chorus in the song ''Les Roses Blanches'' which went like ''c'est aujourd'hui dimanche...''. All this gives me the impression of a full circle! La Voix Du Bon Dieu is the first album that marks the beginning of the collaboration of Celine and Rene, while Encore Un Soir is the one that marks the end of it. Edited August 8, 2016 at 12:37 PM by LukeD 10 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted August 8, 2016 at 01:40 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 01:40 PM The album is available for pre-order in selected CD stores in France! 2 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Neddo Posted August 8, 2016 at 01:41 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 01:41 PM Je ne suis pas celle is better than hat annoying Papillon or L'abandon Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
Moleque20 Posted August 8, 2016 at 01:51 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 01:51 PM (edited) The album is available for pre-order in selected CD stores in France! So ppl can pay for them, but not buy them...? Edited August 8, 2016 at 01:51 PM by Moleque20 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Ronny83 Posted August 8, 2016 at 04:44 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 04:44 PM So ppl can pay for them, but not buy them...? Are you serious or just sarcastic? Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Moleque20 Posted August 8, 2016 at 04:59 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 04:59 PM Are you serious or just sarcastic? No really. I did not understand. How can the stores have some physical cds 17 days before the release? Are they available for selling? Call me stupid, but I do not knw how it works. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Ronny83 Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:01 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:01 PM No really. I did not understand. How can the stores have some physical cds 17 days before the release? Are they available for selling? Call me stupid, but I do not knw how it works.You can pre-order a copy, they don't have the physical copies in store now: they will give you your pre-ordered copy on August 26th. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Moleque20 Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:07 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:07 PM You can pre-order a copy, they don't have the physical copies in store now: they will give you your pre-ordered copy on August 26th. That is fine. From the shape and structure of the objects, I thought the store sells the album before its release. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
zuv Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:12 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:12 PM Je ne suis pas celle is better than hat annoying Papillon or L'abandon JNSPC is great, but nothing compared to Papillon or L'abandon 1 Quote
Daysleeper Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:19 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:19 PM This doesn't even look like real CDs, but some sort of cardboards. Maybe they put them on the shelves only symbolicaly until they get the real copies. Or you get one of those as a confirmation of the pre-order. I don't get it. Also I don't really understand the purpose of pre-ordering in the store. Except if there is a risk that it might be sold out in very short time. You just go to the store, buy the CD the day it's released. Quote
Alice Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:26 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:26 PM Also I don't really understand the purpose of pre-ordering in the store. Except if there is a risk that it might be sold out in very short time. You just go to the store, buy the CD the day it's released. I guess it's a marketing strategy. This way cds, books, movies etc. can enter top-selling charts even before they're released. 1 Quote
Daysleeper Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:34 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:34 PM I guess it's a marketing strategy. This way cds, books, movies etc. can enter top-selling charts even before they're released. Yes, I guess you are right. Everything is about making a hype. But from my perspective as a customer it doesn't really mean a lot. If they make a smaller price for pre-orders I would consider it though. Quote
isurrender Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:38 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:38 PM (edited) There's even a rumor that said the song was used for a Tampax commercial somewhere... How can it be a rumour? If it was true, I think there would be the ad out there... It's simply amazing ( and funny) how french speaking people and non french speaking people perceive her french works. "1F4T" and "D'elles" were conceptual, whether you like it or not. Especially the latter. The first is considered as a concept , not because of the lyrics, but for its "unplugged" sound and the way it was created, most of it was like "home made" , there were few people involved in this project. Mostly 5 people did everything. I still think "D'elles" was a great project (or could have been) , a very introspective one with a good idea from the start ( to gather a bunch of only female non writers, that's quite special) , with lyrics Céline can relate to. But what works on paper came out mostly bland musically beside few songs. I can understand Céline when she says she loves those 2 albums though. Despite the fact that all her french albums have a specific tone, I see them as a "whole". What one of them lacks, another one has and the other way around. SSDA , for example, is beautiful but it came out of nowhere. There's no background and as a whole, it's not genuine at all. First, I'm not quite sure this album would have existed if it wasn't for "D'eux" success. Then, lyrically , it goes nowhere. There's no link between the songs, that's not biographic at all. Céline singing "Zora sourit"...? Ok...? Nobody has figured it out what "Papillon" and "L'abandon" is about yet...( first you have to understand what she sings in the last one... is Mylène Farmer singing?). "Sur le même bâteau" doesn't serve any purpose and even JJG didn't want to give her that song..."En attendant ses pas"...what a cute and lovely song but singing " While waiting for you, I paint flowers on the doors"...you can't sing that in french! hahahaIt looks like I'm bashing this album but I like it very much, don't get me wrong. But beside the highlights of it, I don't think Céline likes it more than another one. I've never heard saying a thing about it. They are beautiful songs but that's it. While she's moved with "D'elles" and is fond of "1F4T". All this to say that I simply can't put her french works on a scale. Edited August 8, 2016 at 05:41 PM by isurrender 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:43 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 05:43 PM How can it be a rumour? If it was true, I think there would be the ad out there... It's simply amazing ( and funny) how french speaking people and non french speaking people perceive her french works. "1F4T" and "D'elles" were conceptual, whether you like it or not. Especially the latter. The first is considered as a concept , not because of the lyrics, but for its "unplugged" sound and the way it was created, most of it was like "home made" , there were few people involved in this project. Mostly 5 people did everything. I still think "D'elles" was a great project (or could have been) , a very introspective one with a good idea from the start ( to gather a bunch of only female non writers, that's quite special) , with lyrics Céline can relate to. But what works on paper came out mostly bland musically beside few songs. I can understand Céline when she says she loves those 2 albums though. Despite the fact that all her french albums have a specific tone, I see them as a "whole". What one of them lacks, another one has and the other way around. SSDA , for example, is beautiful but it came out of nowhere. There's no background and as a whole, it's not genuine at all. First, I'm not quite sure this album would have existed if it wasn't for "D'eux" success. Then, lyrically , it goes nowhere. There's no link between the songs, that's not biographic at all. Céline singing "Zora sourit"...? Ok...? Nobody has figured it out what "Papillon" and "L'abandon" is about yet...( first you have to understand what she sings in the last one... is Mylène Farmer singing?). "Sur le même bâteau" doesn't serve any purpose and even JJG didn't want to give her that song..."En attendant ses pas"...what a cute and lovely song but singing " While waiting for you, I paint flowers on the doors"...you can't sing that in french! hahahaIt looks like I'm bashing this album but I like it very much, don't get me wrong. But beside the highlights of it, I don't think Céline likes it more than another one. I've never heard saying a thing about it. They are beautiful songs but that's it. While she's moved with "D'elles" and is fond of "1F4T". All this to say that I simply can't put her french works on a scale. JJG didn't want to give her SLMB?? Interesting Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
isurrender Posted August 8, 2016 at 06:16 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 06:16 PM It's in the making of the album.He says that it was "too much" after the Titanic...he was a bit ashamed to give her a song telling the same story. But at the beginning it was not even for Céline if I remember correctly. It was for a musical that never came to life. Quote
Moleque20 Posted August 8, 2016 at 06:17 PM Posted August 8, 2016 at 06:17 PM This doesn't even look like real CDs, but some sort of cardboards. Maybe they put them on the shelves only symbolicaly until they get the real copies. Or you get one of those as a confirmation of the pre-order. I don't get it. Also I don't really understand the purpose of pre-ordering in the store. Except if there is a risk that it might be sold out in very short time. You just go to the store, buy the CD the day it's released. Well maybe. They fooled me for good. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.