anewdayhascome Posted July 30, 2015 at 09:36 AM Posted July 30, 2015 at 09:36 AM The ending of the show has to be changed (though probably won't be changed:P) It's been totally the since since 2007! that's horrific! 5 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
DionFanAlways Posted July 30, 2015 at 09:58 AM Posted July 30, 2015 at 09:58 AM I understand that for most of us, even if we do like ABM, it is easy to want it removed from the setlist. However, it's important to keep in mind the general audience which would want to hear that song. It may not have the number one charting position, but I'd be willing to say it's her second most popular English song. Everyone knows it, and in Indiana (at least) it gets more airplay than her other songs. It's an impressive song and the note is iconic. If I was going to a celine show and barely knew of her, that would be a song I'd want to see Now, if all of you would like to discuss a song that has lost its magic, let's discuss river deep mountain high. It was good in 2006 and 2007 when it was brought back. It was refreshing and fun. Everyone loved it. Nearly 10 years later, that same feeling is not there. A random cover that's a non hit can only be an encore for so long before it gets boring. And honestly, celine may or may not like performing it, but based on how lazy the vocals have gotten with it starting after the European leg in tcwt, I'm just tired of hearing it. Removing rdmh is a good decision because the big fans line us are mostly tired of it. The unfamiliar celine fans who go to see her won't know the song enough to care about it not being performed. Bottom line, celine has a wide enough discography to perform another uptempo for an encore. These are the kind of changes thst should be made. Scrap out the songs that honestly have no NECESSITY in the show.What bothers me the most is that we expect the last few song like rdmh, mhwgo because that's just how all the shows end now. I'd love to have a real surprise ending that we are not expecting for once! If she must do these songs put them elsewhere in the show imo.Yes and yes! Please put RD to bed! She has got to be so tired of it. Well, if you look at how sloppy it's become it should be obvious it needs to go.I think she/they are afraid that she doesn't have enough songs that'll get the crowd up on their feet and get them moving. (imo) While we're at it, put LCMM to bed also! 6 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
browseceline Posted July 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM Posted July 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM I just LOVE when she sings a song live in its original key. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=523JZxNXwDs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc2Gdf4jxXI I agree - my heart will go on has almost only been sung in -1 semitone lower than the orginal. Yes on UNICEF and Oprah she did sing in original key, but afterwards only -1 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Del Posted July 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM Posted July 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM The ending of the show has to be changed (though probably won't be changed:P) It's been totally the since since 2007! that's horrific! I fully agree with this. It needs a major shake-up 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
stevo Posted July 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM I want Just A Little Bit Of Love... 6 Quote
BartFCS Posted July 30, 2015 at 12:37 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 12:37 PM I want Just A Little Bit Of Love...^THIS!!! Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM Even though I love the song Alone,am I the only one who doesn't like Celine's version that much? Sorry 😶 I'm not the biggest fan of her studio version, but I thought the live arrangement was awesome on the tour. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
joaofilho Posted July 30, 2015 at 01:40 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 01:40 PM If they put up a Medley, style that I'm posting the video below, the special CBS 2002 would be wonderful, and they too would be putting MHWGO in a new place on the show, making it the end and placing this medley, would give a new air freshness the show, and they could use more songs in the show, with this medley of the songs were shorter.I agree also that they should withdraw from the ABM show, so at least for a few seasons, as well as other songs, RDMH and LCMM. 6 Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted July 30, 2015 at 03:38 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 03:38 PM 4 weeks!!!! 2 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
celinesounds Posted July 30, 2015 at 04:02 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 04:02 PM yesterday i saw 10 ans deja concert and it was an orchestra there, she did tons of her hits in medley, why don't do the same for some songs on the current show and by the way UNISON version there was sublime, she should close the show with such an energy with a song like that 3 Quote #FREEJAVITO
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 30, 2015 at 06:31 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 06:31 PM I would love to see a medley like this... [html\] 5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
celine4evauk Posted July 30, 2015 at 07:34 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 07:34 PM I know this probably isn't going to happen now that there's the intro video of IDAN bring made but....I would still open the show with MHWGO and then end it with anything else! Lol. I'm sooooo sick of LCMM/RDMH/MHWGO. If this above everything in the revamped show doesn't happen I will cry. 5 Quote
québecflower Posted July 30, 2015 at 07:38 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 07:38 PM I know this probably isn't going to happen now that there's the intro video of IDAN bring made but....I would still open the show with MHWGO and then end it with anything else! Lol. I'm sooooo sick of LCMM/RDMH/MHWGO. If this above everything in the revamped show doesn't happen I will cry. that groundhog ending have to change, as much as the movie was good 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
mirage Posted July 30, 2015 at 07:42 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 07:42 PM Now thats a medley!If she/they want the old songs in the show, they need to do it like this! For the diehard fans a new version, and for the oldhits fans songs they know and like! I would love to see a medley like this... [html\] Quote
anewdayhascome Posted July 30, 2015 at 08:05 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 08:05 PM I know this probably isn't going to happen now that there's the intro video of IDAN bring made but....I would still open the show with MHWGO and then end it with anything else! Lol. I'm sooooo sick of LCMM/RDMH/MHWGO. If this above everything in the revamped show doesn't happen I will cry. Hell yeah! I thought they would change the beginning but since bepartoftheshow was introduced it's certain that won't change. MHWGO needs to be somewhere else in the setlist. Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
actofcontrition Posted July 30, 2015 at 08:30 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 08:30 PM She should sing My heart will go on in the middle of the show with a little speech as a tribute to James Horner so she can sing The colour of my love for René at the end of the show! 1 Quote
québecflower Posted July 30, 2015 at 09:20 PM Posted July 30, 2015 at 09:20 PM She should sing My heart will go on in the middle of the show with a little speech as a tribute to James Horner so she can sing The colour of my love for René at the end of the show!a little lugubre...call a priest also.. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
ehild Posted July 31, 2015 at 02:37 AM Posted July 31, 2015 at 02:37 AM I would love to see a medley like this... [html\]Love this!! Although I would love a full version of IYAMT too! 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
browseceline Posted July 31, 2015 at 09:44 AM Posted July 31, 2015 at 09:44 AM I agree - my heart will go on has almost only been sung in -1 semitone lower than the orginal. Yes on UNICEF and Oprah she did sing in original key, but afterwards only -1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DionFanAlways Posted July 31, 2015 at 01:37 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 01:37 PM The wait is killing me.... 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted July 31, 2015 at 02:09 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 02:09 PM The wait is killing me.... It's killing me too!! LOL 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
flutefreak Posted July 31, 2015 at 02:09 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 02:09 PM I know! I'm anxious/excited for any news about the show. I hope she does some kind of promo to tide us over until then!! 3 Quote
Celinenvegas Posted July 31, 2015 at 04:14 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 04:14 PM She had mentioned some time ago about moving MHWGO to another part of the show and she said Rene gave her this look like she was nuts and that was the end of it. I think it was when they were preparing the current Vegas show, so maybe now she will do it. Maybe it could be towards the end of the show but encore with something else. I think "It's A Wonderful World" worked so well with AND, great way to end the show. 1 Quote ~J O E Y~
PC_59 Posted July 31, 2015 at 04:29 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 04:29 PM I remember she was talking about OPENING the show with MHWGO... René said non. Maybe she'll do it this time. She could also start the show with All By Myself, Curtain drop at the big note! 3 Quote Je te jetterai des sorts Pour que tu m'aimes encore
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 31, 2015 at 05:30 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 05:30 PM And the laziness and idiocy of TeamCeline continues. Instead of actually doing their job and making Celine's website a place where fans would actually WANT to interact at, they have decided to take the easy, cheap and (again) lazy route by CLOSING all of the interactive features on her website. They say to interact with her and her team on social media, but I have no doubt in my mind that their interactions with fans will be pretty sad and pathetic. Here's a screen shot of the newsletter that just went out today... 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 31, 2015 at 05:52 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 05:52 PM More new members for our forum... Every cloud 4 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 31, 2015 at 06:00 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 06:00 PM And the laziness and idiocy of TeamCeline continues. Instead of actually doing their job and making Celine's website a place where fans would actually WANT to interact at, they have decided to take the easy, cheap and (again) lazy route by CLOSING all of the interactive features on her website. They say to interact with her and her team on social media, but I have no doubt in my mind that their interactions with fans will be pretty sad and pathetic. Here's a screen shot of the newsletter that just went out today... I think it makes sense.... No one used it.... Kev x 6 Quote
Davey84 Posted July 31, 2015 at 06:57 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 06:57 PM Maybe they got tired of you bugging them too much Joe! But it's a stupid decision! If this their way of getting people more involved in Céline on facebook or twitter, I don't think this is the way! Or maybe Aldi couldn't afford interns anymore who were keeping an (sleeping) eye on the official forum But like Darren says, hopefully this will bring more (active) members to this forum! 7 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 31, 2015 at 07:09 PM Posted July 31, 2015 at 07:09 PM I do wonder how many of us will still be on here in the future.... Very few of us who actively post now... Kev x 1 Quote
Popular Post Shaun Posted July 31, 2015 at 07:15 PM Popular Post Posted July 31, 2015 at 07:15 PM I think you just have to look back to when something big happens the forum gets busy again. Celine has been out of the spotlight for a while now but when the shows start up again or when the next album is released the forum will become busier again. It's always the same. 8 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.