littleames Posted December 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM Translation: AW NAW! And littleames, why sadly? I love the accent. I love country music. I wish she'd sing at least one song and have her enter the country charts at least once. She's charted on pop, r&b, dance and the Latin charts. That's the one piece missing for total domination. (not that she needs it of course, but I'd love it). I have a southern accent...and I don't mind it...until I hear myself on a recording I don't say 'Aw Naw' or "Gaw awn' though lol! 1 Quote
littleames Posted December 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM i would not understand a lot going there.. but it has a charm.. Sometimes, I can't understand people either lol! Quote
flutefreak Posted December 9, 2013 at 01:50 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 01:50 AM Translation: AW NAW! And littleames, why sadly? I love the accent. I love country music. I wish she'd sing at least one song and have her enter the country charts at least once. She's charted on pop, r&b, dance and the Latin charts. That's the one piece missing for total domination. (not that she needs it of course, but I'd love it). Actually a good country ballad may be just what she needs for a huge comeback!! Ballads are big in the country music. 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:33 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:33 AM (edited) translator please, maybe someone from Texas Lol! There is no equivilant for "aw naw" in Texas maybe the good folks from Georgia or Alabama are available! Edited December 9, 2013 at 02:34 AM by DionFanAlways 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
littleames Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:37 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:37 AM (edited) Lol! There is no equivilant for "aw naw" in Texas maybe the good folks from Georgia or Alabama are available! Y'all really don't know what that means? Oh no! Edited December 9, 2013 at 02:41 AM by littleames 1 Quote
québecflower Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:46 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:46 AM Lol! There is no equivilant for "aw naw" in Texas maybe the good folks from Georgia or Alabama are available! my mystake... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
chocolatechip15 Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:51 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:51 AM Being a New Yawka [that's "New Yoker" with our accent], I have no idea what "aw naw" means. I tried googling it, but it didn't help - just got a whole bunch of articles about this song. Now I'm really curious! Speaking of accents, one of my favorite Celine moments ever is when she tells Carson Daly she loves "hot dawgs" in a New York accent when she was on TRL back in '99. Love, love, love! 2 Quote
littleames Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:54 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 02:54 AM Being a New Yawka [that's "New Yoker" with our accent], I have no idea what "aw naw" means. I tried googling it, but it didn't help - just got a whole bunch of articles about this song. Now I'm really curious! Speaking of accents, one of my favorite Celine moments ever is when she tells Carson Daly she loves "hot dawgs" in a New York accent when she was on TRL back in '99. Love, love, love!It means 'Oh no' When I first met one of my sisters old bf's from Boston...he got off the plane and said "Ha ya doin'? Ha ya doin'?" Accents are just so funny! 2 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted December 9, 2013 at 03:44 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 03:44 AM I'm from Connecticut. Our way of speaking is just that.....boring! Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
mike_z Posted December 9, 2013 at 04:08 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 04:08 AM Being a New Yawka [that's "New Yoker" with our accent], I have no idea what "aw naw" means. I tried googling it, but it didn't help - just got a whole bunch of articles about this song. Now I'm really curious! Speaking of accents, one of my favorite Celine moments ever is when she tells Carson Daly she loves "hot dawgs" in a New York accent when she was on TRL back in '99. Love, love, love! back in the day when Céline could almost pass as cool! LOLShe looked amazing though! 4 Quote
dj_a_rock Posted December 9, 2013 at 06:33 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 06:33 AM Is there any update if there's more promo for the US aside from this CBS special? Quote
celinefanonline Posted December 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM Posted December 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM i do hope she will sing few xmas songs though ! Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
LukeD Posted December 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM back in the day when Céline could almost pass as cool! LOLShe looked amazing though! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw-IxPEEDzYShe mentioned Frank Sinatra on TRL which is why I agree to what you said... 'almost pass as cool'. Quote
sandrine 77 Posted December 9, 2013 at 01:17 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 01:17 PM Hello everyone I m a french Céline fan and i adored to see the CBS Tv spécial christmas 18 décember but infortunaly it si not diffused on french Tv i search someone who can recorder this fantastic show for me on a DVD Please and thankfull for hélp FriendlySandrine Quote
littleames Posted December 9, 2013 at 04:09 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 04:09 PM Hello everyone I m a french Céline fan and i adored to see the CBS Tv spécial christmas 18 décember but infortunaly it si not diffused on french Tv i search someone who can recorder this fantastic show for me on a DVD Please and thankfull for hélp FriendlySandrineI'm sure you can stream it here http://assimilator.tv the night of. Just bookmark that link! It comes in handy a lot Quote
LuisMa Posted December 9, 2013 at 04:25 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 04:25 PM Los Angeles Times has included the special on their Holiday TV Programming article: What's on television this holiday season? Michael Bublé and Celine Dion will be singing. Andy Garcia will build a Ferris wheel. And, of course, Jimmy Stewart will have a 'Wonderful Life.' Music, of course, is very much part of the season, though perhaps not quite the thing it was when variety still was king and you might find David Bowie dropping in on Bing Crosby in a fake English manor for a chorus of "The Little Drummer Boy." Nevertheless, this year brings specials headlined by Kelly Clarkson (the intriguingly titled "Kelly Clarkson's Cautionary Christmas Music Tale," NBC, Dec. 11), Michael Bublé (NBC, Dec. 18), Celine Dion (CBS, Dec. 18), Heart (AXS, Christmas Day) and Mary J. Blige (Thanksgiving Day-Dec. 1 on Revolt TV, which is for real). Source:http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-holiday-programs-20131128,0,3737860.story#ixzz2mzmj38YS 1 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted December 9, 2013 at 05:17 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 05:17 PM At most we will get three live performances from this special... It won't be all about Celine and honestly if we get three I'd be kinda surprised... It could just be 2... Incredible is pretty much a guarantee. I agree with others who say to not perform LMBTL. I also agree with others who say an old hits medley would be nice. We've not had any of that during the promo. I would love to see a live performance of a song that she never sings live. Throw in IACBTMN/TPOL and make her sing it live!! Classic Celine hits, her voice is the best its been in some time - we know she could nail it. Please don't use the playback. If we get a Christmas song, I'm sure it will be "The Christmas Song" , it's her go to song for the season, typically. I'd love to see TAST or DSIAFCD. Both would be good for the special. 1 Quote
littleames Posted December 9, 2013 at 05:49 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 05:49 PM She HAS to do TAST...if she doesn't I will cry a million tears. Quote
Shaun Posted December 9, 2013 at 05:53 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 05:53 PM Agreed that it's time to drop the LMBTL performances in the US now and accept it won't happen there. Move on to whatever the single is (Incredible?) or revert to Celine "classics" or holiday songs. Hard to take but LMBTL just clearly isn't going to take off in the US. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Jessyka Posted December 9, 2013 at 06:29 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 06:29 PM Will the special be one hour long? Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
c4n4d4 Posted December 9, 2013 at 06:51 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 06:51 PM Agreed that it's time to drop the LMBTL performances in the US now and accept it won't happen there. Move on to whatever the single is (Incredible?) or revert to Celine "classics" or holiday songs. Hard to take but LMBTL just clearly isn't going to take off in the US.Its not that LMBTL won't take in the US I say don't preform it because it really doesn't fit the theme of the special, in my opinion. Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
DionFanAlways Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:37 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:37 PM For all yall folks wanting a country Celine: Enjoy!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rZxCMjLhQ&feature=player_detailpage 7 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:41 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:41 PM For all yall folks wanting a country Celine: Enjoy!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rZxCMjLhQ&feature=player_detailpage that one is great......double like 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
LuisMa Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:44 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:44 PM Une chanson décomposée. 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:48 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:48 PM Une chanson décomposée. You know she really could be in film! Comedy all the way! French of course! 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:53 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 09:53 PM You know she really could be in film! Comedy all the way! French of course!she should have a program...not every week, maybe like in the old days, with some guest singers . 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted December 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM Posted December 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM she should have a program...not every week, maybe like in the old days, with some guest singers .Yes definitely! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
flutefreak Posted December 10, 2013 at 01:09 AM Posted December 10, 2013 at 01:09 AM Ha ha, I forgot about that. We are way off topic now but I love me some country Celine! 3 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 10, 2013 at 01:15 AM Posted December 10, 2013 at 01:15 AM Yes definitely! The Celeyne Diawn Country Comedy hour. Yeeeee-haw!!!!! 5 Quote
québecflower Posted December 10, 2013 at 01:17 AM Posted December 10, 2013 at 01:17 AM Ha ha, I forgot about that. We are way off topic now but I love me some country Celine!maybe a duet with Shania Twain... 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.