smw Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:56 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:56 PM http://insidetv.ew.c...le-celine-dion/ Michael Buble crushes Celine Dion in Christmas special showdown That's a ridiculous article -- using the word "crushed" when the ratings were so close.... Why do they want to spin it negatively? She got some great ratings, it actually seems! And her performances will live on in the land of the Internet. 5 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:03 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:03 PM Can anybody here re-edit the DKL to make the music synch with celine's voice? 3 Quote
Critiaslux Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:05 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:05 PM http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/19/michael-buble-celine-dion/ Michael Buble crushes Celine Dion in Christmas special showdown EW never really liked CelineI don't think tv show was crushed... Viewers numbers are quite close (just 100.000 difference between Celine and bubble and X factor!) but demographic is different: younger for Bubble and lord for Celine. Isn't it actually good album wise. In respect if the single I agree that's not so good though "Buble’s special and X Factor tied, with both shows getting 5 million viewers and a 1.3 rating. That’s an all-time low for a Wednesday night episode of Factor, down 52 percent in the demo from last year. Dion hit a very low note for a network like CBS. The singer tied the CW’s special, with 4.9 million viewers and a mere 0.6 rating (read: her special drew plenty of older viewers, but not too many in the 18-49 demo)." 1 Quote
salsacolin Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:05 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:05 PM I'll say one thing. That explains why the downloads didn't jump up for Incredible. Older demographic. Id say they hit the full spectrum of potential buyers over the two days. Lets hope the oldies buy the CD Quote I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........ Glasgow SECC, November 1996Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008Nice, France - 5 July 2008
Critiaslux Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:06 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:06 PM That's a ridiculous article -- using the word "crushed" when the ratings were so close.... Why do they want to spin it negatively? She got some great ratings, it actually seems! And her performances will live on in the land of the Internet. True. Comparatively Gaga Special was viewed by 4.6 million so Celine got more viewers overall. 5 Quote
Critiaslux Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:07 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:07 PM I'll say one thing. That explains why the downloads didn't jump up for Incredible. Older demographic. Id say they hit the full spectrum of potential buyers over the two days. Lets hope the oldies buy the CD Exactly. Same thoughts. Quote
smw Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:08 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:08 PM True. Comparatively Gaga Special was viewed by 4.6 million so Celine got more viewers overall. That's amazing. I didn't anticipate a ton of viewers for the CBS Special. So I was happy so many tuned in. And I can only imagine this will increase the physical sales of the album -- although it won't have a big impact on digital sales, since it was an older crowd. 2 Quote
Katie Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:46 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:46 PM 1998: These are Special Times Special: 14 Million viewers1999: All the way Special: 14 Million viewers2002: A new day has come Special: 12 Million viewers2003: A new day... Special: 12 Million viewers2008: Taking chances Special: 7.8 Milion viewers 2 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 19, 2013 at 06:13 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 06:13 PM 1998: These are Special Times Special: 14 Million viewers1999: All the way Special: 14 Million viewers2002: A new day has come Special: 12 Million viewers2003: A new day... Special: 12 Million viewers2008: Taking chances Special: 7.8 Milion viewers These are special times CBS special had 16 million viewers 4 Quote
Hilda Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:02 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:02 PM omg i am freaking out about this!!!! how good was it????!!!! like better than the album version! the arrangement and the way she sings it is sooooo good 7 Quote
Critiaslux Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:38 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:38 PM These are special times CBS special had 16 million viewers Indeed viewers have dramatically decreased, but I believe that this is the same for most of TV Special shows. I don't have figures but I assume so due to numerous channels there are now and less viewers the big 3 have (abc cbs nbc) in comparison to the glorious 90s 2 Quote
JohnFan97 Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:55 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:55 PM The special was great! Its unfortunate that CBS messed up the "Didn't know love track" on TV, but it still sounded incredible as did the other songs. Hopefully, we will get a "real" one hour Celine Dion special like the Taking Chances Special in February. 2 Quote
mb011 Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:08 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:08 PM (edited) The specil was great! knowing what todays audiance likes, (childish songs with no meaning, no-talent artists, who catch audience on their misbehaving, not the music...), who cares about the ratings, i'm glad we got this special, and Celine was in top form! quite liked "Incredible", they sounded great. was Loved me back to life sang live? If so, she did a great job... Edited December 19, 2013 at 08:12 PM by mb011 Quote
EternalSunshine Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:16 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:16 PM I compared this to the studio version and it was Ne-Yo who messed up the lyrics at the very end, not Celine. Celine (without him):Let's give them something amazing ..... Ne-Yo... remember 1 Quote http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/LittleMissAustria/sigklein06.jpg
LuisMa Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:41 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:41 PM I think the messing up sounds amazing. I knew they'd mess up, but I have played it a lot today and love the way it sounds. 3 Quote
LukeD Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:46 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:46 PM The competition was huge and Celine did fine. I did not expect her to gather more viewers than X-Factor, but the fact that she surpassed Lady Gaga's numbers speaks for itself. 3 Quote
EternalSunshine Posted December 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM I have been looking for it all over Carlitos, with no luck. If I find it later I'll tell you. Can you please inform me too, if you find a download link! Thanx Quote http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/LittleMissAustria/sigklein06.jpg
LuisMa Posted December 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM Can you please inform me too, if you find a download link! Thanx I was actually gonna post if someone had found anything as I haven't yet. I'll keep looking. Quote
celine_rox Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM I look at it this way: Celine only sang 4 songsMichael Buble pretty much sang the entire show If Celine sang more and did some Christmas songs, I think she and Buble would have performed the same. I also think another factor to take into consideration is the time slot. Celine was at 8:00 and Buble at 10:00. The viewership is much higher at later times. After hearing her sing Didn't Know Love live, I actually started liking the song. I wish she sang it like that on the album. Incredible and Because You Loved Me were really good too! 1 Quote
Celinex Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM We now know when Celine has a normal mic it's for playback and when she uses a cord mic she sings live .Lol. 1 Quote
Boy Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM I was just dying to see her performing 'Didn't Know Love' at least because of the 'i was lying, lying, lyiiiing' lines, i just love how she pronounces the last 'lying' And it's an amazing song of cos. And seriosuly, why lipping LMBTL?? I just don't get it. Anyway, the special is good, she performed so well and looked good Quote Love comes to those who believe it...
LVCeline Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM Wowowow! Her performance of Incredible was AWESOME too!! Her voice was so freaking on point for that special. It makes me wonder why on earth lip one song and sing 3 live? It's just so weird. But overall the live performances were stunning. Quote
Xpresso Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM I guess LMBTL is a tough song fr hr to perform live and people needed to hear what it really sounds like... because as you know nobody ever heard it on the radio in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM I absolutely loved the show, but I would have preferred for her to open it with a song from TAST or another new ballad than LMBTL. It would have suited more the purpose/theme of the show IMO. 2 Quote
littleames Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM (edited) I compared this to the studio version and it was Ne-Yo who messed up the lyrics at the very end, not Celine. Celine (without him):Let's give them something amazing ..... Ne-Yo... rememberLol I think she messed up first when she said 'lets give them' because she used the 'lets make them remember' melody so Ne-Yo threw in a 'remember' lol! I kinda like when stuff like this happens because Celine always holds her composure lol!It's quite funny actually, that smile he gives Edited December 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM by littleames 3 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM Here, they say that Celine and Buble's difference is even lower: just 90k apart and not 100,000. http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wednesday-ratings-sing-off-x-factor-celine-dion-michael-buble-barbara-walters-31019/ 1 Quote
québecflower Posted December 20, 2013 at 01:02 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 01:02 AM Here, they say that Celine and Buble's difference is even lower: just 90k apart and not 100,000. http://tvseriesfinal...-walters-31019/but i understand their thinking..it is true that when you grow older, the less publicity will affect you. I'm 46 and i buy what i need, when i need it. But the program was good for Celine i'm sure. Older people can decide they need the cd, and it could be good for her Vegas shows also.. 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Hilda Posted December 20, 2013 at 01:48 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 01:48 AM hahaha they just cant get their lyrics right can they! but this performance was 10,000 times better than the voice - the major change they've made for the better is singing the 1st 'incredible' together instead of seperately - muuuuch more poweful! really good move - and yeah the mess up at the end did work. she was muuuuch more comfortable here ! thats what im talking about!!! more movement! and she looked way better than on the voice. 3 Quote
kerche Posted December 20, 2013 at 03:40 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 03:40 AM If you listen to the snippet of Didn't Know Love in that video (at 1:02), you'll see she's perfectly in sync with the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTexUAkkVHk So, yes it's a problem with the sound edit, in the broadcast version. The voice track was not well synchronised with the band tracks. Yeah, so unfortunate that the post-production editing was off and that's what we saw during broadcast. The "Didn't Know Love" clip they showed during the "CBS: This Morning" interview was perfectly fine! @niko - The YouTube video you embedded does not allow us to view cause we're out of the country 4 Quote - Kerry -
Koolan Posted December 20, 2013 at 04:31 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 04:31 AM Yeah, so unfortunate that the post-production editing was off and that's what we saw during broadcast.The "Didn't Know Love" clip they showed during the "CBS: This Morning" interview was perfectly fine! @niko - The YouTube video you embedded does not allow us to view cause we're out of the country The embedded video is from CBS This Morning Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.