mike_z Posted December 20, 2013 at 05:03 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 05:03 AM Yeah, so unfortunate that the post-production editing was off and that's what we saw during broadcast.The "Didn't Know Love" clip they showed during the "CBS: This Morning" interview was perfectly fine! @niko - The YouTube video you embedded does not allow us to view cause we're out of the country that's what I said. They ruined that amazing performance. One of her best of the past years i'm still pissed off! 5 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM (edited) Yeah the more I watch it it's like what happened. I watched the clip from the Morning Show and then the special show. Something happened? Still beautiful though! The angels are still weeping! Edited December 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Celine_2533 Posted December 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM Posted December 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM I prefer her voice in live version of Didn't Know Love than studio version. Just perfect! 1 Quote http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/title156/Sig2013.jpg
Javito Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM Posted December 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM (edited) I guess LMBTL is a tough song fr hr to perform live and people needed to hear what it really sounds like... because as you know nobody ever heard it on the radio in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I would like at least one playback performance of each song (as long as we don't have a videoclip), Somebody Loves Somebody, Incredible, Didn't Know Love etc. Sometimes because she sounds better in the studio version, sometimes because there are editing mistakes (like happened with DKL), a playback performance wouldn't mess with those setbacks Edited December 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM by Javito 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
mike_z Posted December 20, 2013 at 01:58 PM Posted December 20, 2013 at 01:58 PM SONY needs to redeem itself and upload the correct version of DKL to Céline's VEVO. I'm sure people would love the song, and the interpretation it quite different from the album version so it's interesting for us fans to have that! 4 Quote
sazzlepop123 Posted December 20, 2013 at 02:00 PM Posted December 20, 2013 at 02:00 PM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiKchsEY7ko I compared this to the studio version and it was Ne-Yo who messed up the lyrics at the very end, not Celine. Celine (without him):Let's give them something amazing ..... Ne-Yo... remember I reckon it was Celine that messed up the last bit because on the album version at about 3.40 she sings 'Let's give them something amazing' but on the Home for the Holidays at 3:46 she says 'Let's make them remember....*then changes what she is singing and sings..."something amazingggg" to cover up the fact she said the wrong line..... NOT that it really matters because the last part is just a bit of adlib really and who cares lol. It just looks a bit funny on stage! soooooo go to 3:46 on the youtube clip of the performance and that's when she sings the wrong line. Compared to the album when she sings 'Let's make them remember'...at 3.40 2 Quote http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/sarahlucy86/Celineandme12.jpg
sazzlepop123 Posted December 20, 2013 at 02:02 PM Posted December 20, 2013 at 02:02 PM Yeah, so unfortunate that the post-production editing was off and that's what we saw during broadcast.The "Didn't Know Love" clip they showed during the "CBS: This Morning" interview was perfectly fine! @niko - The YouTube video you embedded does not allow us to view cause we're out of the country Oh right!! I was wondering when I watched the CBS version...I was like ooooh no she's out of time and there's something wrong with her earpiece / background music feedback. Such a shame they messed up the syncing in the broadcast because it sounds so OFF at the end Quote http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/sarahlucy86/Celineandme12.jpg
stone Posted December 21, 2013 at 03:29 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 03:29 PM Apparently she tanked in the ratings, though I'm confused because Buble had an audience of 5.0 million while Celine had 4.9. I know she lost in the audience of 18-49 but isn't that expected? Like hello, a sad holiday special about adopting children? Even I couldn't stomach watching it, no one wants to cry like that! She had the older folks. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/19/michael-buble-celine-dion/ Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:18 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:18 PM http://insidetv.ew.c...le-celine-dion/Isn't it nice to know that in a short 2 years that my opinion won't matter to anyone since I'm 48 now! Amazing............. Gotta love the good ole USA!! Where's my flag to wave! Better get ready to jump! 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LuisMa Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:23 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:23 PM http://insidetv.ew.c...le-celine-dion/Isn't it nice to know that in a short 2 years that my opinion won't matter to anyone since I'm 48 now! Amazing............. Gotta love the good ole USA!! Where's my flag to wave! Better get ready to jump! Don't jump in ~~~/\~~~ infested waters! Well, your opinion will matter to a lot. What happens is that people change and move on to other artists and radio won't play any older artist because they're not "cool" to the mainstream audience, and the same happens to TV shows. I believe instead of having Chris Young they would either have picked a more popular country act or a younger person to draw younger viewers as well. 2 Quote
québecflower Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:24 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:24 PM (edited) http://insidetv.ew.c...le-celine-dion/Isn't it nice to know that in a short 2 years that my opinion won't matter to anyone since I'm 48 now! Amazing............. Gotta love the good ole USA!! Where's my flag to wave! Better get ready to jump!thre is studies from Denmark that shows that children who are born thes days will live longer. 1 out of two will last until 100 years old. They will be irrelevant longer than you Edited December 21, 2013 at 04:29 PM by québecflower 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
LuisMa Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:27 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:27 PM (edited) thre is studies from Denmark that shows that children who are born thes days will live longer. ! out of two will last until 100 years old. They will be irrelevant longer than you I see they will be super irrelevant, as it is ! out of two! Edited December 21, 2013 at 04:28 PM by LuisMa 1 Quote
québecflower Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:30 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:30 PM I see they will be super irrelevant, as it is ! out of two! oh, mistakes , another one Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
mike_z Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:43 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 04:43 PM I keep on watching the BYLM performance! It HAS to go viral! Céline hasn't sounded this good since 2002!!!! 3 Quote
Lu CelineFan Posted December 21, 2013 at 07:22 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 07:22 PM http://insidetv.ew.c...le-celine-dion/Isn't it nice to know that in a short 2 years that my opinion won't matter to anyone since I'm 48 now! Amazing............. Gotta love the good ole USA!! Where's my flag to wave! Better get ready to jump! It matters here!!! I think they are only interesting in the demo who buys more. 1 Quote Team Céline Dion Brazil@lu_celinefan
couldawouldashoulda Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:55 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:55 PM Having worked in advertising for a few years when I was younger, I can speak on the thing about caring about the 18-49 year olds. There is an "understanding" (I don't know where this comes from but it has been around for decades) that if a person is 18-49, an advertisement can change their mind about which is the best product to buy. Once a person hits 50, it is assumed that their mind can no longer be altered and they will continue to buy the products that they have used for years and no amount of marketing or advertising can change their mind. People over 50 are known to spend more money because they have MUCH more disposable income than a 25 year old; however, an advertiser can change a 25 year old mind but not a 50 year old. Crazy, I know. But that's how the demographics apply. 3 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:56 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:56 PM I'll tell you in 11 years if that is true or has applied to me. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:57 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:57 PM I'll tell you in 10! 1 Quote
québecflower Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM i'm not 49, and the pub is not working on me, but i think it continues to work on men longer... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Lu CelineFan Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM I think the pub doesn´t work for me since I´ve bought my last Barbie! 1 Quote Team Céline Dion Brazil@lu_celinefan
QueenCeline87 Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM Well im only 26 and it doesn't work for me , I like what I like and no amount of advertising prism ( I'm using this as an example , the ad has been on tv all night ) is going to make me buy it! 4 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
DionFanAlways Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM Thought provoking isn't it!? Lol! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LuisMa Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM I passed the pub at around 14 or 15, so I can't tell you about that. 1 Quote
québecflower Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM I passed the pub at around 14 or 15, so I can't tell you about that. publicity, sorry for another mistakes. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
LuisMa Posted December 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM publicity, sorry for another mistakes. No need to apologize. I also understood it was that. 1 Quote
dmeredith Posted December 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM Posted December 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM http://insidetv.ew.c...le-celine-dion/Isn't it nice to know that in a short 2 years that my opinion won't matter to anyone since I'm 48 now! Amazing............. Gotta love the good ole USA!! Where's my flag to wave! Better get ready to jump! I'll catch you "DionFanAlways", since I'm already down there! Wherever that is! 2 Quote
littleames Posted December 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM Posted December 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM Wow, that article...just wow Publicity doesn't really work on me either. If I like it then I like it, if I don't....then oh well! 5 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted December 22, 2013 at 05:07 AM Posted December 22, 2013 at 05:07 AM I am sorry but I am soo sick of the crap that Sony U.S. and the industry give Celine. Sooo tired of it! I wish the publicity worked here. Dang! 4 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
LuisMa Posted December 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM Posted December 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM I wish we even had Celine publicity here, which was virtually non existent. Sad that few people will have the amazing album home for the holidays. 2 Quote
mike_z Posted December 22, 2013 at 02:07 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 02:07 PM INCREDIBLE --> CBS SPECIAL --> PERFECTION 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.