LukeD Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:04 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:04 AM (edited) BYLM http://youtu.be/OAD3CFnwimwThanx for sharing, what a flawless performance this was! Her voice is so warm! Same goes for her stage presence..! She makes us so proud! Edited December 19, 2013 at 03:04 AM by LukeD 6 Quote
Koolan Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:11 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:11 AM Didn't Know Love 6 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Popular Post DionFanAlways Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:14 AM Popular Post Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:14 AM She's tempted to say, 'I want you to sing it with me" at the end of BYLM 9 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LukeD Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:17 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:17 AM (edited) She started each phrase a bit late during 'Didn't Know Love' BUT she would finish it on spot. She did not get out of tune, she did a great job! Her voice shines! Edited December 19, 2013 at 03:18 AM by LukeD 3 Quote
québecflower Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:17 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:17 AM She's tempted to say, 'I want you to sing it with me" at the end of BYLM i was afraid of this 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
LukeD Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:21 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:21 AM Is there any chance this TV Special will air again? You know, for those who missed it because of X-Factor. Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:26 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:26 AM (edited) She's tempted to say, 'I want you to sing it with me" at the end of BYLM I thought the exact same thing!!! She hesitated for a second, like, "wait, can i ask this audience to sing it with me? Nope, better do it myself!" Actually, that was one thing I loved about it . we don't get to hear her sing those last couple of notes too often! Edited December 19, 2013 at 03:27 AM by chocolatechip15 4 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:38 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:38 AM I love the line, "you can make me such a mess, yeah you're perfect" Love that part! I love the strength that she says perfect. Just full and rich! 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Popular Post divaslive98 Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:46 AM Popular Post Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:46 AM Didn't Know Love http://youtu.be/i3LVOH1eiew This was not the band's fault - Celine had every opportunity to regain control of the song - but she chose not to; every single time, she chose to wait just another moment, and by falling behind she allowed herself to be overtaken by the song. By subverting the time signature and singing not behind but around the beat, she actually dislodged the performance itself from time and quite literally created a timeless moment, an elusive, flickering vocalization that is constantly in a state of uncertain transformation, and is even now still unwinding itself, long after the moment has passed. Bravo. 11 Quote
divaslive98 Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:50 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:50 AM It is almost as if she sang the song from the inside out, or rather turned the song inside out by taking such extreme liberties with the time. Might be my favorite performance by her ever. This was not the band's fault - Celine had every opportunity to regain control of the song - but she chose not to; every single time, she chose to wait just another moment, and by falling behind she allowed herself to be overtaken by the song. By subverting the time signature and singing not behind but around the beat, she actually dislodged the performance itself from time and quite literally created a timeless moment, an elusive, flickering vocalization that is constantly in a state of uncertain transformation, and is even now still unwinding itself, long after the moment has passed. Bravo. 2 Quote
littleames Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:50 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:50 AM (edited) This was not the band's fault - Celine had every opportunity to regain control of the song - but she chose not to; every single time, she chose to wait just another moment, and by falling behind she allowed herself to be overtaken by the song. By subverting the time signature and singing not behind but around the beat, she actually dislodged the performance itself from time and quite literally created a timeless moment, an elusive, flickering vocalization that is constantly in a state of uncertain transformation, and is even now still unwinding itself, long after the moment has passed. Bravo.Maybe something was wrong with her monitors or maybe she meant it. Idk, but she still sounded phenomenal!I want a performance of ever song on the album Edited December 19, 2013 at 03:51 AM by littleames Quote
québecflower Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:52 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 03:52 AM This was not the band's fault - Celine had every opportunity to regain control of the song - but she chose not to; every single time, she chose to wait just another moment, and by falling behind she allowed herself to be overtaken by the song. By subverting the time signature and singing not behind but around the beat, she actually dislodged the performance itself from time and quite literally created a timeless moment, an elusive, flickering vocalization that is constantly in a state of uncertain transformation, and is even now still unwinding itself, long after the moment has passed. Bravo. wow, well said, exactly the feeling. So fragile and strong, you don't want the song to end. 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
littleames Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:13 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:13 AM (edited) https://vine.co/v/h0DUjEhiT6hI CAN'T BREATH! I just sat and laughed at that for 2 minutes I swear...my face hurts.How did they get her body so small lol Edited December 19, 2013 at 04:16 AM by littleames 2 Quote
Popular Post LVCeline Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:13 AM Popular Post Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:13 AM Oh. My. God. Her performances of BYLM and DKL were OUT OF THIS WORLD! That's easily one of the best performances of BYLM she's ever done. Her voice was FLAWLESS! She took her time and really paid attention to the phrasing and her singing. There was no nasality at all. Her voice was full, on point, and just absolutely wonderful! DKL was very distracting because she was off on the time, but vocally, absolutely stellar. Again, she really paid attention to her phrasing. It was EASILY better than the album version, by far really. I couldn't have been more impressed. She melted me. I can't wait for Incredible. Oh, and she looked STUNNING! Holy crap, how beautiful is she!! And that dress!! 9 Quote
mike_z Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:39 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:39 AM The audio for the DKL link is not working. I wonder if SONY wants to get it off Youtube. And for those praising Céline for choosing to go out of tempo LOL Is wasn't Céline nor the band. I'm sure it sounded great on the studio.It was whoever exported the final mix that must have touched and moved the band's feed. BYLM sounds like the best performances from the nineties, or better! 2 Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:45 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:45 AM I didn't have the chance to watch it, so she only sang 2 songs? Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:50 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:50 AM Didn't Know Love http://youtu.be/i3LVOH1eiew It's not as out of time as I thought it was when I initially watched it. It's a stunning vocal performance. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
mike_z Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:59 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 04:59 AM People are tweeting about the special from the West Coast, I guess it's on now, so we'll see some more impact in a few hours!! the album went up 20 places on iTunes USA to #66! Quote
Nmj Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:21 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:21 AM (edited) Her voice stellar the only thing that I would have wanted was to open with a Christmas song like "the magic of Christmas Day" instead of LMBTL but she's promoting her album so it makes sense I guess. However I'm dying to know what's with the corded mic? She used it on "The voice" and on this special EXCEPT for when se did playback. So obviously there's a reason because it's not the 60s anymore and you can tell they use it for a reason because when it's not live they always use the wireless mic. Anyone here a technical professional ? LOL because I'm confused! Edited December 19, 2013 at 05:22 AM by Nmj 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:33 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:33 AM The audio for the DKL link is not working. I wonder if SONY wants to get it off Youtube. And for those praising Céline for choosing to go out of tempo LOL Is wasn't Céline nor the band. I'm sure it sounded great on the studio.It was whoever exported the final mix that must have touched and moved the band's feed. BYLM sounds like the best performances from the nineties, or better! Yeah i agree... its not as if celine chose to sing out of tempo... something happened during post production and someone messed up the mixing... When she sang it... it was probably in synch... 2 Quote
CELINEFAN01 Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:33 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:33 AM Did she sang with Neyo??? I can't found anu video! Someone help me pleasee Quote
Koolan Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:33 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:33 AM It's not as out of time as I thought it was when I initially watched it. It's a stunning vocal performance.I didn't notice it out of tune when I first watched it lol Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Koolan Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:34 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:34 AM I didn't have the chance to watch it, so she only sang 2 songs?The other two were Incredible and LMBTL.Did she sang with Neyo??? I can't found anu video! Someone help me pleaseeYes, I'm working on that video now. 2 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
mike_z Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:36 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:36 AM I didn't notice it out of tune when I first watched it lol you mean out of sync LOL Quote
Koolan Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:38 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:38 AM you mean out of sync LOLYes 1 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
mike_z Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:45 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:45 AM Yes Actually she was pitch-perfect during the whole special... something rare in this era! I mean her voice has been strong and full, no nasality, but she's been having some pitch problems. But last night she really nailed it with the 3 songs... well, LMBTL was a bit too pitch-perfect 3 Quote
Koolan Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:57 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:57 AM Incredible 7 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
mike_z Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:58 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 05:58 AM Incrediblehttp://youtu.be/ZiKchsEY7ko THANKS A LOT!! I can die now with this performance!! Let's show everyone on TWITTER how this one is a lot better than the one from THE VOICE! 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 19, 2013 at 06:05 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 06:05 AM Incrediblehttp://youtu.be/ZiKchsEY7ko Ha!! I didn't even notice that little flub at the end until now...they covered it well. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 19, 2013 at 06:08 AM Posted December 19, 2013 at 06:08 AM Was that the live band? Or were they using a track?? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.