ehild Posted September 17, 2013 at 08:53 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 08:53 PM Wow! A lot has happened today. While I didn't like the video and I was disappointed in Sony (or whoever was responsible for it) I don't think we all needed to gang up on Celine (which is how some of the posts today came across, whether they were meant to or not). I'm sure she's oblivious to most of this but I'm sure she's also been informed of it too. I'm glad they took the video down but at the same time I'm wondering if that was what should've happened....... Any kind of publicity to generate views I think would've helped her in the ratings game until the official video comes out. 3 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Xpresso Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:18 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:18 PM I want an intern at Sony Music!!! :w00t: You mean an intership? I guess we would be in much better hands... But knowing how vocal you are, they might fire you within one week! 2 Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:27 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:27 PM Does anyone know where Rene has been recently? I haven't seen him since the Katie Couric show. Going off topic for a second, posting to the forum from an android phone is a nightmare. He's been with Celine on the promo tour because she was talking to him at the access Hollywood and extra interviews 3 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
mike_z Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:30 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:30 PM Yesterday came a lyric video of Paul McCartney recorded during their shows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkbbP0ozyMs Just imagine something like that with Céline. That's what I call DIGNITY! 1 Quote
ehild Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:31 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:31 PM He's been with Celine on the promo tour because she was talking to him at the access Hollywood and extra interviewsI know he was there but I don't think we've actually seen him on camera since Katie Couric. It seems we used to see him a lot (even if just for a split second lol) on most of her other stuff. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or signaling something more....... Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
QueenCeline87 Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:45 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:45 PM I know he was there but I don't think we've actually seen him on camera since Katie Couric. It seems we used to see him a lot (even if just for a split second lol) on most of her other stuff. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or signaling something more....... Maybe he just wanted it to be just about Celine , can't think what else it could be ?? Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
c4n4d4 Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:54 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:54 PM I know he was there but I don't think we've actually seen him on camera since Katie Couric. It seems we used to see him a lot (even if just for a split second lol) on most of her other stuff. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or signaling something more.......He was seen in the stuff filmed and shown from the Quebec concert and stuff. Which he looked like he was in good shape and health based on appearance. Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
rhapsodion Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:56 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:56 PM (edited) But each interview did talk about Rene, how they fell in love. I am guessing before each of those interviews, they proposed the topics to the interviewers, the florida house, her relationship with Rene, and the new album. Don't know why they suddenly bring up this old topic again in every interview. Edited September 17, 2013 at 09:57 PM by rhapsodion Quote
PuraVida Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:58 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 09:58 PM Darn, I missed the recent development. What happened? A video was put up? Of what? Why was it removed? Did anyone save it before it was removed? Quote
Javito Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM I thought René was present on Acces Hollywood, since the hosts were addressing at him when they said they would talk about their relationship after a break? 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
browseceline Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM Darn, I missed the recent development. What happened? A video was put up? Of what? Why was it removed? Did anyone save it before it was removed? I did not save it. There was a video, in HD from the Quebec performance, with new/improved/studio sound and very weird view, because they showed Celine from a very big distance, and never zoomed in on her. It was like watching her performing when you are in the back of the crowd. So Celine and the stage but far away 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Neddo Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM I did not save it. There was a video, in HD from the Quebec performance, with new/improved/studio sound and very weird view, because they showed Celine from a very big distance, and never zoomed in on her. It was like watching her performing when you are in the back of the crowd. So Celine and the stage but far away and it's floating in air Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
Kyle_Jared Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM (edited) this is the weirdest promo campaign ever. First Jimmy, Today and Ellen.....drop off.....no news about nothing. No video news no lyric video and then this random live video out of the blue then take it down. I'm so confused. When's her next promo tour? November??? two months from now.....will we get anything in October? Edited September 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM by Kyle_Jared 7 Quote
dj_a_rock Posted September 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM Oh for gods sake can you have an argument WITHOUT putting words in someone's mouth? Clearly not. I am well aware that obviously Celine didn't put the video up herself, I'm not as stupid as you seem to be implying I am. And sorry but I stand by what I said that some fans overreacted. That doesn't mean I thought the video was spectacular or that it was the best decision just shows I'm respectful enough not to go and publiclly trash something that I claim to support so much. And also if you wish to debate this further with me please do not a) put words in my mouth and b.) belittle my intelligence Respect begets respect. There are times that you have to shut up and be nice and there are times that you to rise up and speak. How can you respect a record company who is trying to kill Celine's career? Call me rude but I reallycant show respect to Sony or Celine's team because they don't deserve it. 2 Quote
dj_a_rock Posted September 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM Posted September 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM Like I said, bad publicity is good publicity. Word of mouth..as long as they are talking about her. "Hey did you see that new ridiculous Celine Dion video they posted on Vevo? Yeah, for her new song. You gotta see how awful it is" Which would make people watch it and in turn, increase the views and voila...they're hearing the song. As long as people keep talking $hit, everything will be fine. If you already told me that the video is so crappy that you could not even see Celine without using a magnifying glass, why should I still watch it? Bad publicity is something like what Miley Cyrus did recently. She got of hates and dislikes on youtube but her latest single is number on iTunes now. That's one example of bad publicity. I'm not that that Celine should do the same. My point is that this video is so pathetic an painful to peoples eyes and it wouldn't get any publicity at all. 5 Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM If you already told me that the video is so crappy that you could not even see Celine without using a magnifying glass, why should I still watch it? Bad publicity is something like what Miley Cyrus did recently. She got of hates and dislikes on youtube but her latest single is number on iTunes now. That's one example of bad publicity. I'm not that that Celine should do the same. My point is that this video is so pathetic an painful to peoples eyes and it wouldn't get any publicity at all. I agree. This new video was not bad publicity. It was simply stupidity. 4 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
Cuquito Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM This silence again and not even a rumor here and there is very annoying... Can't wait for Nov. 5 to enjoy the album and find happiness and peace for once! 5 Quote
smw Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM I don't care what you think, but from what I saw and heard on that tvshow they were laughing about her. and I did not like that. It would have been nice that they praised her new song instead of making a fool out of her. I respectfully disagree… Celine was not being made fun of. At all. This video is doing nothing but good for Celine and her image. People are reminded of her talent/abilities and her sense of humor. There's quite a bit of negativity on the forum tonight ----------- yikes. You guys all need to calm yourselves. Just go and post positive comments and share her new song with people. 6 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM (edited) Wow so much to talk about. I was at school today so I wasn't involved in all the action. DANG!! I think that video should have not been put on VEVO because it just looked mediocre and dumb. If you post a video on Celine then I want to see Celine and not just a speck of white. If there are copyright issues involved then don't post anything. They should post a lyric video or wait for the music video to come out.Sony embarrasses Celine all the time. Don't they know that whatever foolishness they put out reflects badly on her? I guess not! I am glad the video is gone. Good job guys! Edited September 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM by Prima_Donna1 2 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
joaofilho Posted September 18, 2013 at 01:35 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 01:35 AM I do not know what to think, this promo tod ta confused, Céline appears in programs and does not disclose anything, so the cd will be released in November, because they do not speak the single that is already sold, and then put this video on Vevo when assisitr I kept my eye thinking the camera would focus on the face of celine, nothing more nothing, so far, did not understand anything. I really do not know the future of this album, which will happen, I'm discouraged, it seems that everything will sink. Quote
ehild Posted September 18, 2013 at 01:41 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 01:41 AM (edited) Maybe he just wanted it to be just about Celine , can't think what else it could be ?? In another thread there was discussion about when Renee passes or retires. I was contemplating the idea that maybe he's starting to slowly disappear from the limelight to eventually hand the reigns over to someone else. This is just pure speculation on my part and I know not at the top of Celine's list. Edited September 18, 2013 at 01:42 AM by ehild Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Popular Post LukeD Posted September 18, 2013 at 02:12 AM Popular Post Posted September 18, 2013 at 02:12 AM This music video was rushed and just bad. It is taken down though, so let's all move to another topic?! Less negativity too, please. 9 Quote
gafsa Posted September 18, 2013 at 02:47 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 02:47 AM Do you think so? They were laughing because of that sounds. I don't think they take her more serious now. They were laughing about her.And i was dissapointed. They should have shown her new music and show , look what she can. But instead they are making a fool of her, once again. I didn't see that way. U know when Celine use to not talk at all all day long before she perform? Mike Kasem mtv asia vj made a fool about her doing that. Everyone can make a fool about everything as long as theybwant to made a fool about her they always find a way. 2 Quote
superstar85ca Posted September 18, 2013 at 03:42 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 03:42 AM I said if before and I'll say it again - I'm not at all surprised!! Even her official videos over the last 15 years or so have been just tacky and like they've been slapped together at the last minute! Why go through so much trouble to record good music and get all the best songwriters and producers etc if when the time comes to promote it they're just like, meh, this is good enough Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted September 18, 2013 at 03:57 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 03:57 AM (edited) LOL...Miley fans are fuming that Celine made those comments on Access Hollywood Edited September 18, 2013 at 03:58 AM by Your_Su_Phu 5 Quote
karatedude317 Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:09 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:09 AM I wonder how Sia must feel that she helped to creat this amazing comeback single for Celine, and probably thought it would be all over the radio which would give her great exposure, but instead Sony is just wasting it and only releasing it to less than half of the AC stations across the country. I really thought this would take off but instead, i keep hearing Rawr 30 times a day ;( 1 Quote
LukeD Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:15 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:15 AM (edited) I wonder how Sia must feel that she helped to creat this amazing comeback single for Celine, and probably thought it would be all over the radio which would give her great exposure, but instead Sony is just wasting it and only releasing it to less than half of the AC stations across the country. I really thought this would take off but instead, i keep hearing Rawr 30 times a day ;( Sia knew Celine is not much of a singles seller, so she must have been prepared for the song to be a flop. The album though will sell well and her name will be there. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure she's happy with the fact that her name is already put next to Legendline Dion's in every article, review, blog, interview. Edited September 18, 2013 at 04:16 AM by LukeD 5 Quote
LukeD Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:20 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:20 AM (edited) I didn't see that way. U know when Celine use to not talk at all all day long before she perform? Mike Kasem mtv asia vj made a fool about her doing that. Everyone can make a fool about everything as long as theybwant to made a fool about her they always find a way. Exactly! And let's be real... Going from praising the content of her son's diapers to doing some vocal exercises is a hell of a progress! Edited September 18, 2013 at 04:21 AM by LukeD 3 Quote
littleames Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:21 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:21 AM I know he was there but I don't think we've actually seen him on camera since Katie Couric. It seems we used to see him a lot (even if just for a split second lol) on most of her other stuff. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or signaling something more.......I wouldn't look that far into it. I'm sure he wants the focus on Celine instead of him and Celine. Quote
quaizee Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:31 AM Posted September 18, 2013 at 04:31 AM I wonder how Sia must feel that she helped to creat this amazing comeback single for Celine, and probably thought it would be all over the radio which would give her great exposure, but instead Sony is just wasting it and only releasing it to less than half of the AC stations across the country. I really thought this would take off but instead, i keep hearing Rawr 30 times a day ;( I don't think that Sia knew LMBTL would be the 1st. single, who knows it? but until now, she has shown her positive comments and grateful atittude to Céline.She's beyond happy of working with her. So, the single is out since 15 days ago, there's still more promo to come (fingers crossed) this is only the beginning 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.