Jump to content

"Parler à mon père" - New French single!


Recommended Posts

Posted
I do agree that the song does grow on you however I still don't think it's "first single material."

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)

Loving the song. Understated. And that's a rare adjective to describe Celine's work (with exception, of course).

 

I agree that is doesn't scream "FIRST SINGLE!!!" -- but that kind of adds to its intrigue. "D'elles" had the perfect first single -- but then just sort of fizzled out anyway.

 

You've got to listen an actual MP3 of this song with real speakers and real base. So, so, so much better than listening to it on YouTube.

 

Here's the best quality on YouTube, though:

 

After seeing the lyric video, I'm getting even more of the vibe of the song… and hopefully of the album as well.

 

**By the way, can anyone post a link to the lyric video. I can't access the same link (on Vimeo) that allowed me to watch it earlier.**

 

This is very refreshing! High hopes for more to come! :)

Edited by smw
Posted
The song debuted at #30 on the Canadian Adult Contemporary Chart!
Tommy
Posted
Wow even though I don't understand what it is about I believe this is one good song.

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

found this on fb:

 

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/532562_328004783954203_1560374410_n.jpg

 

But they've said its fake and made by some fan.....

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted

One would think celinedion.com would be the first place to look for news or confirmation on anything new, but when you've been around for a while you know that's not the way things work at all. :flowers:

 

 

So, is it unofficial now? Thought it was the same people who did the flash on the official site who did this lyric video as well.

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted
celinedion.com sucks majorly :yes:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted
the song debuts at 53 on the official canadian hot 100 chart. too bad, it's a nice song but with the zero promotion that we have - next week it'll fall hard :(
Posted

Yes, even if the song was better it wouldn't climb any higher due to the unexplainable silence from Camp Céline.

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted
the song debuts at 53 on the official canadian hot 100 chart. too bad, it's a nice song but with the zero promotion that we have - next week it'll fall hard :(

 

Actually 53 is not bad at all.

French songs on Canadian charts normally don't go very high because 75% of Canada is English speaking...

To have a better idea, we have to look at the Quebec charts.

Posted

Remember to vote:)

http://www.radiozet.pl/Programy/Lista-Przebojow-Radia-ZET

http://rc.fm/top30 click on 'GŁOSUJ'

also after registration (in Polish only:()

http://lp3.polskieradio.pl/glosowanie/

and after completing the form

http://www.rmfon.pl/p/przeboj-lata.html

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
I THINK THAT THE VIDEO THAT WAS SHOWN YESTERDAD, IS THE OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP. I UPLOADED IT TO MY ACCOUNT IN YOUTUBE, AND TODAY I RECIVED A MESSAGE TELLING ME THEY'RE GOING TO CLOSE MY CHANNEL IF I DON'T DELETE THE VIDEO!
Posted
I THINK THAT THE VIDEO THAT WAS SHOWN YESTERDAD, IS THE OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP. I UPLOADED IT TO MY ACCOUNT IN YOUTUBE, AND TODAY I RECIVED A MESSAGE TELLING ME THEY'RE GOING TO CLOSE MY CHANNEL IF I DON'T DELETE THE VIDEO!

 

That's interesting :hmm:

Posted
That's interesting :hmm:

And sad... As a lyric video, that's fine but as an official music video? Oh God...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted
I THINK THAT THE VIDEO THAT WAS SHOWN YESTERDAD, IS THE OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP. I UPLOADED IT TO MY ACCOUNT IN YOUTUBE, AND TODAY I RECIVED A MESSAGE TELLING ME THEY'RE GOING TO CLOSE MY CHANNEL IF I DON'T DELETE THE VIDEO!

 

It can also mean that it's not the official video and Sony doesn't want that cartoon video out there... :unsure:

Posted
the song debuts at 53 on the official canadian hot 100 chart. too bad, it's a nice song but with the zero promotion that we have - next week it'll fall hard :(

thanks for the information, do u mind giving us the net? where do u get this?thank you!

Posted
the song debuts at 53 on the official canadian hot 100 chart. too bad, it's a nice song but with the zero promotion that we have - next week it'll fall hard :(

 

not bad at all,celine's last french album"D'elle",no single has charted on the canadian hot 100 chart,only on the Canadian Adult Contemporary Chart.

 

only two:

"Et s'il n'en restait qu'une (je serais celle-là)" ---Canadian Adult Contemporary Chart---28#

"Immensité"---------Canadian Adult Contemporary Chart----- 30#

 

 

 

so "Parler à mon père" did a good job!

Posted
thanks so much

I LOVE CELINE DION FOREVER

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/oneheart07/CELINE%20BANNER/39.jpg

Posted

This is from the official website:

 

"“Parler à mon père” Lyric Video!

 

Watch the amazing lyric video for Celine’s new single “Parler à mon père”. This video should keep you going until the official music video comes out in a few weeks!"

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's the official music video. It's just the official lyric video. Many artists release lyric videos on YouTube and Vimeo (off the top of my head, Kimbra and Maroon 5) before filming an actual video. It's marketing. The lyric video was made by Gupta Media, who are advertisers and marketers, and most probably hired by Céline's team to produce the lyric video and publish it, to keep us fans satisfied till she makes a music video.

 

Bottom line, it is an official video. And CelineDion.com are renowned for giving us news we know a month prior to it being published on the website.

Edited by dorfus

6 May 2008 - London, England / 15 May 2019 - Las Vegas, USA / 3 June 2023 - Nicosia, Cyprus

Posted
Well at least we know we're getting a the official video in a few weeks. Woop
Posted

Well done celinedion.com! :clap: How many days late were you this time?

 

So in a few weeks. Does this mean we'll get to see it about the same time as the new English song?

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted

It's so surreal that we've got a new French song. And that the first new English song is on its way! Followed by TWO NEW ALBUMS!!! And PROMOTIONAL TOURS!

 

Good times. Let's soak it what we get! And not just wish for more. B)

Posted
Yay ! They are right, the lyrics video is perfect to keep us going for the next few weeks ! Yay ! We're getting an official, official video !!!! :maniac:

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...