Bruno Dion Posted July 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM Posted July 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4315/31478234287212579129110.jpghttp://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7879/48203934287217579128617.jpghttp://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9861/32047234287220912461629.jpg Quote Celine Through The World http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z29/Lalo_chrysler/Aspecto%20Grafico/Forumbanner1.png http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z29/Lalo_chrysler/Aspecto%20Grafico/Forumbanner2.png http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5355/signatureforum2.png
zuv Posted July 4, 2012 at 01:47 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 01:47 AM i don't get why people buy an actual CD for just a single. Is it just a question of having it in your collection? Quote
Trombones13 Posted July 4, 2012 at 04:17 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 04:17 AM Has anyone had any luck with getting this in the US? I can't do Amazon UK since it's region-restricted, Archambault.ca won't take my credit card, and 7digital has problems when I try to click the song to buy it. Quote @KurtTrowbridge / KurtTrowbridge.com
Bell Posted July 4, 2012 at 04:53 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 04:53 AM i don't get why people buy an actual CD for just a single. Is it just a question of having it in your collection?Maybe it is. I admit I'd do it...if I had the chance. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
zoe marie Posted July 4, 2012 at 05:58 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 05:58 AM C̩éline Dion-Parler Á Mon Père single promoA friend sent me this ^^^ link to a single being sold on eBay for EUR 299.00 (£239.81) & EUR 11.00 (£8.82) postage!!! Quote https://www.facebook...59703384&type=3 - My Céline Collection Life isn't defined by your fears, but by how you deal with them.
eyso Posted July 4, 2012 at 06:54 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 06:54 AM i've been surprised at how positively my non-dioniac friends have responded to this track ... my boyfriend, who hates celine, even said it was "incredible," which is weird considering that i didn't really like it when i first heard it. but it's grown on me; i can actually feel celine in the song, in the melody, in the lyrics, and it makes me wonder if she co-wrote it (or even wrote it herself). it just feels like it comes organically from celine's soul, and i'm proud of her for deciding to release this first, as it isn't quite as commercial and sexy as SNRQ, TLDH, etc. i like this new direction for her, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover art. this is definitely celine's year... Quote
ashtonelijah Posted July 4, 2012 at 09:40 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 09:40 AM (edited) Okay, I just listened to this song's MP3 on my Harman/Kardon speakers (as opposed to laptop speakers, iPhone, YouTube, etc)... And I've actually totally changed my opinion of the song. There are so many intricacies and details I hear now that I didn't hear before. The little "water drop" sound throughout the song, the beat, the drums, the Spanish guitar... Celine's sighs, her breath... I actually do hear the emotion in it now. And it's beautiful, sad, hopeful, and sweet at the same time. Great song, Celine. And your voice is awesome. Edit: I do still have one complaint--It's too short. But I suppose that means I like it, doesn't it? Edited July 4, 2012 at 09:41 AM by ashtonelijah Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Boy Posted July 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM (edited) i've been surprised at how positively my non-dioniac friends have responded to this track ... my boyfriend, who hates celine, even said it was "incredible," which is weird considering that i didn't really like it when i first heard it. Aha, the same My non-dioniac boyfrind also said "Parler a mon pere" is really OK and he's totally not into Celine's music... He prefers rock. Whenever I get something positive about Celine from my boyfriend it's totally weird, believe me. P.S. Celine's new single sounds like a good damn reason to have a drink))) Edited July 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM by Boy Quote Love comes to those who believe it...
Xpresso Posted July 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM i've been surprised at how positively my non-dioniac friends have responded to this track ... my boyfriend, who hates celine, even said it was "incredible," which is weird considering that i didn't really like it when i first heard it. but it's grown on me; i can actually feel celine in the song, in the melody, in the lyrics, and it makes me wonder if she co-wrote it (or even wrote it herself). it just feels like it comes organically from celine's soul, and i'm proud of her for deciding to release this first, as it isn't quite as commercial and sexy as SNRQ, TLDH, etc. i like this new direction for her, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover art. this is definitely celine's year... Exactly. Some Celine fans don't like the song because it's low key (I think ) but this is something very different from her big soaring ballads. It's fresh and not typical Céline, and the art cover as well. And I totally agree that many non Celine fans like the song. Two of my friends love this song even if they don't particularly like Celine normally. This will for sure surprise the Celine haters. Quote
Javito Posted July 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM Posted July 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM C̩éline Dion-Parler Á Mon Père single promoA friend sent me this ^^^ link to a single being sold on eBay for EUR 299.00 (£239.81) & EUR 11.00 (£8.82) postage!!! Having these physical CD singles it's for collecting purposes I guess, even if it only has 1 track, but I'm a collector and honestly I find that price just ri-di-cu-lous Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Timster Posted July 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM Having these physical CD singles it's for collecting purposes I guess, even if it only has 1 track, but I'm a collector and honestly I find that price just ri-di-cu-lous I hope some more promos become available at under 50€, I'm not paying these prices!!! Quote
wjd Posted July 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM The song is already falling drastically on the iTunes charts across Europe and Canada. Such a shame. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
rhapsodion Posted July 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM anyone else find the last note of "Parler a mon pere" sounds identical to the last note of "falling into you"? haha~ =) Quote
celinesounds Posted July 4, 2012 at 01:22 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 01:22 PM (edited) The song is already falling drastically on the iTunes charts across Europe and Canada. Such a shame. the last thing i'll do is paying for an mp3 song, and I believe other people have the same opinion Edited July 4, 2012 at 01:23 PM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
wjd Posted July 4, 2012 at 01:28 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 01:28 PM iTunes currently... #23 - France #32 - Canada #54 - Belgium #62 - Netherlands OUT - Italy OUT - Luxembourg Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
celine-rc Posted July 4, 2012 at 05:16 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 05:16 PM Where can we get the CD of this single ? Would it be available at Archambault or something ? Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
Matej Posted July 4, 2012 at 05:52 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 05:52 PM Where can we get the CD of this single ? Would it be available at Archambault or something ? You can get from the collectors stores or auction sites, because it's promo CD... Quote
joaofilho Posted July 4, 2012 at 06:28 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 06:28 PM The song is good, so that has some people who are not enjoying it (the song that was on top downloads ta masi is not falling, they need more disclosure, at least one clip, because if it continues in a few days disappears . I wonder if the English will have a single CD and when they are going to launch the album. Quote
Koolan Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:03 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:03 PM The cover is a total surprise. The song sounds so much better on the speakers than on my phone. It's nothing groundbreaking, average at best. It may grow on me over time. I hope the other 16 songs offer more. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Trombones13 Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:03 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:03 PM Just wanted to inform any US residents who haven't already found it that 7digital.ca now has it and it works with US credit cards (or PayPal): http://ca.7digital.com/artist/c%C3%A9line-...a-mon-pere?h=01 Quote @KurtTrowbridge / KurtTrowbridge.com
bertrand Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:05 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:05 PM God, People..its just a single song. Wait for the album Quote
mickaeldelacour Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:18 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:18 PM POURQUOI ???? Pourquoi ,voila la question !!Une illustration pour le nouveau disque de celine "parler a mon père" . Une illustration AURORE D'ESTAING , et meme si ma tete n'ai pas bien rouge et que les porte d'une cité sont fermés pour ...moi .VOICI LA REPONSES: illustration ait extraite du 1 er tome d'une serie de livre pour enfant " livre de conte illustre par aurore d 'estaind et raconté par céline ."(livre / CD comme marléne jobert )... ALORS INFO OU INTOX ..... WHY?? Why, that is the question! An illustration for the new hot celine "talk to my father." An illustration AURORA D'Estaing, and even if my head did not quite red and the door of a city are closed ... for me. HERE ARE THE ANSWERS: illustration is taken from Volume 1 of a series of children's book "tale book illustrated by dawn of estaind and narrated by celine." (book / CD as marlene Jobert) for December ... sorry for the google translation ...... more info and photos on my facebook page: celine at home collection mickael Quote
Thomas Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:47 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:47 PM That's very interesting! The website of Aurore d'Estaing has very similar illustrations. http://auroredestaing.com/ Quote
fred Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:52 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 07:52 PM Yes indeed. I think it's safe to say that the same person who's behind those illustrations are also behind the cover art of this single. Even the structure of the "paper" is there. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Angel2006 Posted July 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM Posted July 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM I can't wait to see photo shoot pics!! I am confused though cuz the French album is supposed to come out on Nov 5th and now Rene is saying the album could be released by the end of Sept. I don't know why her team keep changing there minds. They already released a official release date of Nov 5th and now there changing it again. I can't wait to finally have this album in my hands. By the looks of how things are going with a possible Sept release, it looks like it might be sooner then later. I'm not getting my hopes up though, cuz it seems like Rene changes his mind every 2 seconds. LOL. I will be soooooo happy if the album is released in Sept. That's my birthday month!! Quote
celine-rc Posted July 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM Posted July 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM You can get from the collectors stores or auction sites, because it's promo CD... Ok. Thanks. Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
Claudette Posted July 5, 2012 at 08:55 AM Posted July 5, 2012 at 08:55 AM (edited) I don't know why some people think the cover looks like it is done by a child. As long as it has lines colour, shapes, etc., it is art. I think it is from the same person, too. He/She tells a story with those illustrations, and the same for the cover. I really like it. I would not mind if the whole album's booklet is done like that. We don't always need pictures of Celine, and I'm sure her English album will have pictures. Edited July 5, 2012 at 08:57 AM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Céline's Blues Posted July 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM Posted July 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM Such children's book themed illustrations are the main difference between American glitzy kitsch a la Anne Geddess and French thinking. Look how much more tasteful and understated the image is. Looking forward to the full book. As for the song - it's a 6 out of 10, definitely her weakest first French single yet. Beautiful lyrics coupled with mediocre repetitive music line. Additional points for it not being about love or her longing uterus. I can understand the disappointment of some of her French fans. One has to consider 90% of the French people do no understand English very well. The connection between lyrics and music becomes all the stronger if you get the lyrics - that connection is not there here at all. the lyrics may be good but the semantic connection between music and content should be more pronounced. Only this way the more sensitive French fans would like it. That and of course the high expectations a first single always carries along. None of it has been fulfilled unfortunately. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM Posted July 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM (edited) i like it but it's hardly innovative. in fact it's typical as hell and anne geddes is australian Edited July 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.