Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I think they're simply jealous of her never ending success and especially her huge and stable fanbase.

 

A lot of people struggle to be able to live on their music. But they don't do it just for the money (coz there are far easier ways to make money if that's what you're after), but because of their passion for it. That they need to do it. They WANT to do it. To tell their story, or someone elses. But to tell something. A lot of those people who don't make it are those exact ones who write reviews. Of course it's provocing to them to see her gets it all delivered to her.

 

/fred

They should try to get a life and find something constructive to do instead of writing those lousy reviews full of bitterness about someone who doesn't even give a damn about them... Just my 2 cents.

 

If they think to tarnish her career with their little reviews then they're dead wrong. *Laugh*

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

That radio host only made a very stupid and simple reflection. I'm a little bit tired of this karaoke-singer thing... Frank Sinatra it's considered one of the greatest voice in music history.. and what... is he known only for his originals??? because most of his repertoire are covers. The same for Nina, Dinah, Ella, Peggy Lee... all the classic divas make covers, that's their job. Once you are not a composer, only a performer, I don't mind if you make well known songs or just "originals", I just wanna hear your interpretatin of them. Normally, for me, most of the Celine's covers say much more of the singer than the "originals", when she sings At last, or Nature Boy, or All By Myself than if she sings standards like Right in from of you; Miles to go; I'm Alive; I Know what love Is...

 

So for me.. all this covers thing.. I prefer to have an album full of assured high quality covers than mediocre pop songs written by others that only search for the money... The experience has teached me that Celine's team are not good choosing original material (for me I could only rescue Have You ever been in Love, My love, and I surrender) in this last decade (since 1999 stop) instead they have chosen good covers ( nature Boy, At Last, The Greatest reward, Ten Days, I Drove All Night, Fever, I wish, I got the world on a String, If I Could, What A wonderful World, Alone, Taking Chances, That's just the woman in me, At Seventeen, Mr. paganini, JB Medley, How do you keep the music playing and some more that you know...)

 

So for me, or they truly work in a good original album or it is good in the safe zone of classic covers...

Posted

And another thing...

We have to admit that she already has her signature song that is a original one: MY HEART WILL GO ON... (we like it or not)

We have to admit that she has like a 10% (and I wish I'd be mistaken) of probabilities of have another original smash hit... so just enjoy of what she is doing, if she is happy singing all that classic songs and the producers keep producing and we keep listening... that's perfect....

Posted

Celine singing covers doesn't bother me at all. I love "Open Arms". I think that it's the perfect song for opening the Vegas show. It makes me feel so welcome, which endears her to me even more. I don't like Mariah's version of that song at all.

 

I grew up with the group Heart, and I loved their music. I listen to them sing "Alone" and I like it very much. Celine sings it, and it takes on a whole new sound. I think that she does a phenomenal job singing it on her TCWT. :clap:

 

I am so looking forward to both of her albums that will be released. I can't wait for the day that I receive them. Of course, that'll be the English one first, but I'll be excited when I get the new French one as well.

 

I don't really understand why Celine's team doesn't promote more of her own songs, 'cause they are fabulous!!!!! I will love whatever they choose, but I want the rest of the world, outside of us - her die-hard fans, to realize what a treasure she is. I want "them" to appreciate her like we do. I want them to regret that they haven't been fans as long as we have, and I want them to regret making that mistake!!!! Plus, I want to hear people tell me that they know why I've been one of her number one fans for all these years, and that they've now decided to become a life long fan as well and buy every one of her albums and DVD's. I'll then tell them, "That it's about time they "got smart" and realized great talent"!!! Then I'll snap my fingers and shake my head and say, "Uh yeah, you should've listened to me a long time ago", 'cause I knew what I was talking about and still do know that she's THE BEST"!!!!!! LOL :yes:

Posted

Celine is in the middle age slump right now, look at Cher she had her two big hits during her 40's and that was it, she went away once again and then came back with Believe and hasn't stopped since. I personally think the biggest thing Celine needs is a two to three year break. Break as in no work, and just having family time. Let her mind wander, and decide what she wants again, the reason A New Day seceded was Celine wanted a show like that. Right now she is working non stop, when she could take a break right now.

 

What she should have done instead of Vegas, and this idea comes from what Tina Turner did right after the release of "What's Love Got to Do With It".

Record her album of covers she wants along with a few new songs, and a new rendition of My Heart Will Go On. Go in with interviews on Titanic right now, get the hype going once again and do a few performances.

Have a small scale tour, as in U.S. only and a few select Canada and U.K. dates.

Take her two years of rest then come back and do a big scale show with new tracks or a large tour. I know they had contracts, but I'm surprised Celine went back, yeah she brings in the money for Vegas but she has the robot voice again.

Posted
Yes, second one would be great.
http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted

Well as long as the album covers shows Celine's beauty and class she's been portraying lately.

 

I remember being in walmart when Taking Chances album was out, and there was a little boy with his dad and pointed to the celine album cover and said "Why does that lady look scary" LOL!LOL!

Posted
Well as long as the album covers shows Celine's beauty and class she's been portraying lately.

 

I remember being in walmart when Taking Chances album was out, and there was a little boy with his dad and pointed to the celine album cover and said "Why does that lady look scary" LOL!LOL!

because she looked like a scare-crow on that album, by far the worst album photo shoot of her career

Posted
that is because someone Photoshopped her into a scare crow
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
because she looked like a scare-crow on that album, by far the worst album photo shoot of her career

 

 

that is because someone Photoshopped her into a scare crow

 

LOL! Taking Chances photoshoot has great shots, but as happens with the singles, they came to pick the worst photo for the cover! -_-

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
I L-O-V-E TCH's photoshoot. It's high fashion for me. One of her best photoshoots ever...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted

I really really like the taking Chances album pictures! I mean its something new and different to what shes normally done. Its her sexy wild, angry side, I love it!!!

Thats just my opinion :D

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted

I LOVE the TC photoshoot and it's cover :yes: And I don't see where she looks scared :shrug:

 

BTW, I think this photo could have done fine too as the cover IMO :thumbsup2:

 

http://buzznet-00.vo.llnwd.net/media/jj1/2007/10/celine-chances/celine-dion-taking-chances-photo-shoot-03.jpg

Posted

I am not talking about any of the booklet pics or the once posted here, but the albumcover with the enormous bunch of hair and the weird looking face. You know a friend of mine , who does not like Celine anyway, said what kind of wood-wich is that?? - well the guy or girl who photoshopped her went too far. I have to admit, I can understand him, that frontcoverphoto looks scary indeed haha

but all the other pics, are way better, the ones in the booklet and all of the promopics.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
because she looked like a scare-crow on that album, by far the worst album photo shoot of her career

Oh man, the cover of "Taking Chances" is one of my favourite pictures of Céline ever! She looks so confident and sexy! :wub:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6292/celine.png
Posted (edited)
I love the TC photoshoot but her face looks scary on the cover, for sure. The whole concept is high fashion and all, but that's a bad face shot and overly photo-shopped. She's been looking so beautiful and fashionable lately, I hope they capitalize on that. Edited by Your_Su_Phu
Posted
and the stupid/weird thing is... during the TCWT they sold the cover poster without photoshop, her face was just round and natural! Who over agrees on her even more pointed chin should be fired! -_-


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
Can you post the photoshopped one and the pic without photoshop? I'd like to see the differences

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

this is the best pic I have right now

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/IMG_1547.jpg

 

You can see her face is more round.


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

I had this comparison saved in my folder, here you can see the difference: like Davey said, the original shot has a rounded face, whereas in the final cover picture she has her chin exaggeratedly pointed -_-

 

And talking about this album's cover, here you have a poster where they promoted the original concept they had for the cover: Céline appeared in the center of the cover, not in a side like we know it now. In my opinion, that was a better design because in the current cover with her in the left side, there's too much empty space in the right (besides, the other design showed the full body of Céline, something that we can appreciate more in the cassette version :wub: )

post-6419-1333365539_thumb.jpg

post-6419-1333365962_thumb.jpg

post-6419-1333365995_thumb.jpg

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Can you post the photoshopped one and the pic without photoshop? I'd like to see the differences

 

OH YES ME TOO!!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)
I had this comparison saved in my folder, here you can see the difference: like Davey said, the original shot has a rounded face, whereas in the final cover picture she has her chin exaggeratedly pointed -_-

 

And talking about this album's cover, here you have a poster where they promoted the original concept they had for the cover: Céline appeared in the center of the cover, not in a side like we know it now. In my opinion, that was a better design because in the current cover with her in the left side, there's too much empty space in the right (besides, the other design showed the full body of Céline, something that we can appreciate more in the cassette version :wub: )

 

and not only that - wrincles around the eye removed and completely airbrushed face. chin smaller, something different with the eyes..

The reason why they went for the other design is because Mariah Carey had a similar cover picture with black suit and the position in the centre of the picture.

Edited by browseceline
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
and not only that - wrincles around the eye removed and completely airbrushed face. chin smaller, something different with the eyes..

 

Yeah... I could admit the photoshop slightly used with her wrinkles, but not to make her chin more pointed -_-

 

And also there's a thing I don't get why they had to touch: the colour of her skin. The natural colour looks good, why they had to make her skin look that pale like a twilight movie character?

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
i wish we could get at least a single soon. Many artists release singles far away from the actual album release... I'm dying for new music!
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
Ok her face is more round in the original one. I love her chin, they could've left it looks good too. in the original way, it

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted

and her hair was too big for her face....a mutal fan who was looking at the album cover same day as me when buying the said chuckled and said "that's a whole lotta friggin hair"

 

Lol.

 

I love the photo shoot too, but think the main cover is my least favorite of the bunch. And I agree about the pointy chin/pale skin....too vampirish

Posted (edited)
this is the best pic I have right now

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/IMG_1547.jpg

 

You can see her face is more round.

This picture looks gorgeous and sexy!!! :wub:

 

They should have used this one as the album cover.

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...