Skye Posted March 26, 2012 at 02:39 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 02:39 PM (edited) Exactly Claudette and I would argue neither are the millions of fans who have bought Celine's albums that are made up of love ballads or pop songs. I might be the only one that is excited then! Well, it depends what they call "jazz". So I won't get too excited, and I'll see. But that said, I'm always more excited about French albums anyway. Edited March 26, 2012 at 02:39 PM by Skye
fred Posted March 26, 2012 at 03:06 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 03:06 PM My biggest issue when it comes to covers is that a good portion of the covers Celine has done are very close to the original. There's nothing new to them besides Celine's voice. My point is that if she's going to put some covers in the new album, she should really put her signature while recording them and own them. Yes! This is what I have been nagging about for quite some time now, over and over again. Welcome to the forum, btw. I hope when she does the promo and sings an old song that it ins't BYLM. I have no problem with MHWGO since it's been 5 years since she has done that one live anyway....but BYLM I do not want to be done, unless it's with the second verse. I could also see her doing BATB in place of BYLM which I'm not crazy about either. How about TPOL, ABM, TTWII, WDMHBN, IACBTMN, TLYM, or something that's a hit but not something standard she always does during her promo. It would be cool to hear I Surrender. That song has become sort of an unofficial hit (being sung on variuos talent shows) even though never realeased as a single. That is quite rare. Regretfully, yes Just like the D'elles/D'eux/One Heart covers, colourless That booklet is incredible! Really beautful. The photos almost stands alone, as an artwork in themeselves (without the album). And they do very well in black and white. It wouldn't had been the same if the were in colour. If this is the theme of the album then I want ''Cry me a river'' as I think she would do an amazing version of it, but I also want 3/4 brand new songs Jazz or otherwise on this album... Oh yes! Cry Me A River would be awsome. Even if it's cheesy, and over covered, I think it could still work. I take the new Billie track as a rumour. It's the first time I heard it now, and I must say I am surprised with the oldies Céline pick. They aren't the most obvious pics, and they aren't the most deepest (in meaning) or highest in quality. I don't know if I am surpirsed in a good or a bad way though. Only time will tell. /fred Peace and love to all.
stevo Posted March 26, 2012 at 03:24 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 03:24 PM Why do people complain when she is perhaps going to give us more of a 'Jazz' album? Haven't people been posting about wanting this for years? Why shouldn't she do something different
amelie Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:27 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:27 PM I'll be glad to have a "jazz" album especially when we're getting another "new" album in 2013
fred Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:52 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:52 PM This wont be a real jazz album. At seventheen and Open Arms aren't jazz songs folks, and probably not the Always Be Your Girl track. This wont be a wholehearted jazz album. It will be a mesh up of a lot of stuff (as usual). So I don't get why you start an anti-jazz parade. /fred Peace and love to all.
Jeff Abbott Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:56 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:56 PM (edited) When I first heard that Celine was going to release "an evening gown" album I thought it'd include huge power ballads in the style of I Surrender, US or The Reason. Edited March 26, 2012 at 06:58 PM by Jeff Abbott
gafsa Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:59 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 06:59 PM It reminds me of Lara Fabian's album "the woman in me" (or someting like that)I'm not looking forward though
GoldenLeaf Posted March 26, 2012 at 07:31 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 07:31 PM (edited) Diana Krall albums are always full of covers yet her albums are really good. Edited March 26, 2012 at 07:31 PM by Calypso
ferjaacu Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:29 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:29 PM Thanks for the info !!! Even thou it's not confirmed yet... This discussion about covers/no covers will never end, cause some people wants only new songs and some others, like me, wants to hear whatever Celine wants to tell to us, be it with new songs or covers http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
violet Posted March 27, 2012 at 05:13 PM Posted March 27, 2012 at 05:13 PM I'll be glad to have a "jazz" album especially when we're getting another "new" album in 2013Where was it said that we were getting an album of new material in 2013?
donpi86 Posted March 27, 2012 at 05:50 PM Posted March 27, 2012 at 05:50 PM YEAAHHH... I gotta Right to sing the Blues..I hope its true!!! It sounds so good and so classy!! PERFECT!! I'm curious of how can it sound because Billie's one is veery jazz (it sounds more Celinish the Sarah Vaughan cover) ... So if this is confirmed.. I'm so excited about this elegant album, the very first one I think... At seventeen in a studio version can sound very good, and please.. I hope it is confirmed mr paganini, and this one... yeeiiihhh!! Some of you said you don't understand this obsession with oldies.. I think it's pretty clear... We must accept that Celine is a kind of "Young old singer", She doesn't have the style that it is pretend to ask for a new pop singer, like Gaga, López, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Jessie J, etc... and any try to do it it's going to be ridiculous on stage... they know it. I think they have discovered (because the critics said it too with the opening of Las Vegas show) that the better path to follow on Celine's career it's the soft rock, jazz and blues styles, to be the real great Diva she is meant to be, and I think she really enjoys them. She must to be in the way of Adele, Patti Smith, Diana Krall, Natalie Cole, and all the classic oldies, Ella, Billie, Etta, Nina, Garland...
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 27, 2012 at 07:04 PM Posted March 27, 2012 at 07:04 PM Where was it said that we were getting an album of new material in 2013? It was announced a few months ago. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
celinemaniacaik Posted March 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM Posted March 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM ^ where? http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Angel2006 Posted March 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM Posted March 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM I just saw Rene on Etalk. He is still in Montreal promoting Celine 3 Boys And A New Show, in french. Rene talked about Celine's upcoming 44th birthday. He said that it will be low key with just the family. He also said that Celine will record in 2 week!!! I'm soooooooooo excited!!! Hopfully we will get more news soon!
Davey84 Posted March 28, 2012 at 08:00 AM Posted March 28, 2012 at 08:00 AM (edited) from celineitalia: BREAKING NEWS: Rene Angelil told Musimax that she has yet to record some songs for the album Celine Dion English, including two tracks composed by the authors of the hit for Adele. He also confirmed that Luc Plamondon will be the "artistic director" of the next French album. I think the translation is a bit off, but I guess he means that she still has to record some (or a lot ) tracks for the new album. IF the songs by Adele's authors are really good, I pray to God that they actually do something with these songs; make it into a promoted single and put them in the show and not let them be just an album filler, like we have seen so many times before Edited March 28, 2012 at 08:08 AM by Davey84 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Matej Posted March 28, 2012 at 08:03 AM Posted March 28, 2012 at 08:03 AM Thanks for sharing the breaking news!
duri Posted March 28, 2012 at 09:19 AM Posted March 28, 2012 at 09:19 AM Thank you for info, i´m glad about songs from Adele´s composher. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
celinesounds Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM hope that some songs is not 2\4 only cause if they are recycling the playback from the show #FREEJAVITO
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM Not really because the songs that she's about to record from the show are Open Arms, Lullabye, Ne Me Quitte Pas and rumors about Mr. Paganini. She might record some more songs from the show but, by the moment, no playback at all in these songs. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Claudette Posted March 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM Posted March 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM (edited) Who said anything about Lullaby? I don't recall that being one of the songs Rene mentioned. He only said ''Open Arms'', ''Ne Me Quitte Pas'' and ''At Seventeen''. I seriously hope she does not include ''Lullaby'' too. By the sounds of it the album is already going to be enough of a snooze fest. So far we only know that it might include: - Open Arms,- At Seventeen, - Ne Me Quitte Pas,- Always be Your Girl,- I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues, and - two songs from Adele's people. Edit: Oh yes, there was also mention that Nadine from Girls Aloud will work on some songs, but I guess that won't happen (for this album at least). Edited March 28, 2012 at 01:00 PM by Claudette http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM Yup! I forgot At Seventeen! Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
celinesounds Posted March 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM by now we have around 7 songs to include not bad #FREEJAVITO
dj4celine Posted March 28, 2012 at 03:37 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 03:37 PM Claudette, "Lullaby" will most probably be there
ferjaacu Posted March 28, 2012 at 06:06 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 06:06 PM (edited) ^^^ Yep And it's a beautiful song. Thanks for the news Davey and CDItaly !!! Edited March 28, 2012 at 06:10 PM by ferjaacu http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
fred Posted March 28, 2012 at 09:45 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 09:45 PM Haven't we known about the tracks from Adele's team already??? And Claudette I would take out I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues - wasn't that only speculation??? What we DO know is she concidered tracks from some of the diva legends, but we do not know which track(s) yet. /fred Peace and love to all.
CelineAndRene Posted March 28, 2012 at 09:54 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 09:54 PM Not going to lie.. I'm getting excited about this album. "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
Kyle_Jared Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM (edited) Well I'm excited about this record, I just hope they give it some promo. given the length between albums, I really hope she does one really high profile appearance to promote it. One huge event cold really help first week sales. Madonna did the Superbowl and firstweek sales are estimated to be 325-350K which is huge! Celine will never reach the audience Madonna did with the Superbowl, Next closest would be major appearance on Idol, The Voice or X-Factor but X-Factor has crappy ratings in the US. Edited March 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM by Kyle_Jared
Angel2006 Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM Celine is recording her english album in 2 weeks, but i think all the major talk shows are starting there spring break now. I noticed the Ellen Show has been old episodes for the past few days. I don't know about the other talk shows and if they are starting there break yet. Does anyone know how long the shows take there breaks for? I'm thinking Celine will probably promote her album in June. Will the new talk show episodes be back by then? I'm very excited!! I can't believe Celine is going to be recording her album in just 2 short week!!!
Hilda Posted March 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM Posted March 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM im getting really worried reading this thread that there are agai going to be a lot of covers or vegas songs on this album which again.....are covers...in fact just lately ive been findign out that waaay more of celines songs were covers than i thought! its depressing....i know she doesnt write her own songs and maybe covering lesser known songs can be forgiven but to be covering alone....and open arms etc still recently its just....uh...like people before said - shes an established artist why is she doing this?put some effort in and find the original songs...or better still write some. i know this is probably the wrong time to be suggesting this when she has two small children now but if so....dont release an album please. i hope rene reads this forum coz a lot of things said on here in this vein need to be listened too. STOP THE COVERS Especially now that theyre worse than the originals - way worse!! Taking Chances (2007) is a cover of Taking Chances by Platinum Weird (2007)Alone (2007) is a cover of Alone by Heart (1987)I Drove All Night (2003) is a cover of I Drove All Night by Cyndi Lauper (1989)When I Need You (1998) is a cover of When I Need You by Albert Hammond (1976) Unison (1989) is a cover of Unison by Junior (1983)Beauty and the Beast (1991) is a cover of Beauty and the Beast by Angela Lansbury (1991)If You Asked Me To (1992) is a cover of If You Asked Me To by Patti LaBelle (1989)When I Fall in Love (1993) is a cover of When I Fall in Love by Doris Day (1952)The Power of Love (1993) is a cover of The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush (1984)(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (1995) is a cover of (You Make Me Feel Like) a Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin (1967)All by Myself (1996) is a cover of All by Myself by Eric Carmen (1975)Falling Into You (1996) is a cover of Falling Into You by Marie Claire D'Ubaldo (1994)It's All Coming Back to Me Now (1996) is a cover of It's All Coming Back to Me Now by Pandora's Box (1989)River Deep - Mountain High (1996) is a cover of River Deep - Mountain High by Ike & Tina Turner (1966)Just a Little Bit of Love (1997) is a cover of Just a Little Bit of Love by Maria Christensen (1993)Let's Talk About Love (1997) is a cover of Puisque Tu Pars by Jean-Jacques Goldman (1987)Love Is on the Way (1997) is a cover of Love Is on the Way by Billy Porter (1996)Treat Her Like a Lady (1997) is a cover of Treat Her Like a Lady by Diana King (1995) ishk......i could go on....but knowing eeeven falling into you is a cover depresses me.
celinefanonline Posted March 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM Posted March 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM i don't really get what's the problem with cover songs though... i'm not gonna say anything else cause it's gonna get on and on anywayjust can't wait for the new album though doesn't matter if it's cover or not Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Recommended Posts