Celine Fan 77 Posted March 22, 2012 at 09:54 PM Posted March 22, 2012 at 09:54 PM (edited) Yes, I originally thought maybe July release but that is a terrible time to release an album as all the talk shows are on hiatus for the summer (well not all, but a lot) and air reruns. I think it's either gonna be June or September I was really hoping to see her do American Idol though! However, I wouldn't expect much promotion for this album. Edited March 22, 2012 at 09:54 PM by Celine Fan 77 Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Chula Posted March 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM Posted March 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM Indeed, no promotion at all
Bell Posted March 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM Posted March 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM However, I wouldn't expect much promotion for this album.Just as usual... 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM Posted March 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM Just as usual... Not really as usual. I said that we shouldn't expect much promotion for this album because of the type of album it's going to be: studio versions of songs from the show and a few new recordings. I don't think they will promote it as much as they did for A New Day Has Come or Taking Chances. I bet it's going to be promoted just like One Heart and My Love, with a few live performances of the lead single at certain shows on TV. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
duri Posted March 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM Posted March 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM Not really as usual. I said that we shouldn't expect much promotion for this album because of the type of album it's going to be: studio versions of songs from the show and a few new recordings. I don't think they will promote it as much as they did for A New Day Has Come or Taking Chances. I bet it's going to be promoted just like One Heart and My Love, with a few live performances of the lead single at certain shows on TV.I agree, because of type of album I don´t wait much promotion for it, but I hope there will be good promo for french album as René is so enthusiastic about it, and also hope that news about complete new english album for 2013 are right and then there will be some big promo for english album I tnink. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
celinemaniacaik Posted March 23, 2012 at 01:19 PM Posted March 23, 2012 at 01:19 PM Positivity people!!!Have a little faith! http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Xpresso Posted March 23, 2012 at 05:45 PM Posted March 23, 2012 at 05:45 PM Promo Can Move Mountains!!!
Tyler1991 Posted March 23, 2012 at 06:10 PM Posted March 23, 2012 at 06:10 PM I hope when she does the promo and sings an old song that it ins't BYLM. I have no problem with MHWGO since it's been 5 years since she has done that one live anyway....but BYLM I do not want to be done, unless it's with the second verse. I could also see her doing BATB in place of BYLM which I'm not crazy about either. How about TPOL, ABM, TTWII, WDMHBN, IACBTMN, TLYM, or something that's a hit but not something standard she always does during her promo.
Dion-Mania! Posted March 23, 2012 at 06:18 PM Posted March 23, 2012 at 06:18 PM Never mind promoting! I just wanna hear a few new songs by Celine! A huge power house ballad! Yes please!
Xpresso Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:59 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:59 AM Please, no old songs when promoting a new album!! ZERO!!!!
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:16 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:16 AM It's just been confirmed that Celine will cover Billie Holliday's I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues for her upcoming English album. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Davey84 Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:20 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:20 AM (edited) where?! by whom!? why doesn't anybody ever put their sources in their posts!? it could be a great cover though Edited March 26, 2012 at 09:22 AM by Davey84 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:23 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:23 AM I've just listened to the original version and I CAN really see her doing this. It's her style, the music, the lyrics, I can see her doing this! By the way, my source was CelineDionItalia's facebook. Apparently they got the news from a very reliable source. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Davey84 Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:27 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:27 AM here's their news: We announce exclusively that, according to sources well-accredited, between songs that Celine Dion would have accounted for her next English album, for which you are about to finish the recordings in a couple of weeks, we would be the jazz standard 'I Gotta right To Sing the Blues', already interpreted, among others, Billie Holiday and Frank Sinatra. What do you think? Already last January, Humberto Gatica, sound engineer and producer of Celine, he hinted that the album "will feature tributes to the great female performers of international music, including Etta James, Dinah Washington and Billie Holiday." Please note that the recording process began last November: the producer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds has made the cover of the song by Janis Ian, 'At Seventeen', who plays Celine in her new show in Las Vegas. The album also seems to have been postponed until this summer. However, official sources confirm that the Sony Music release date is still "to be determined." http://www.celinedionitalia.com/celineflas...liday-4735.html http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
anewdayhascome Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:35 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:35 AM another cover... I really want the next English album! A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Claudette Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:35 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:35 AM (edited) I reeeeally hope they update the sound though. Seriously, it is like visiting my grandmother and she plays her gazillion year old and very dusty vinal records to me. Once again, I do not get Celine's obsession with gazillion year old music. I can see the cover and booklet of this album already: black and white pictures. Edited March 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM by Claudette http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:51 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 09:51 AM Yup, that's the direction this album is taking. However, I don't think Celine's rendition will be TOTALLY SIMILAR to Billie Holliday's. She'll probably add her own style and I guess we'll get something in the line of Mr. Paganini, but a little bit more dramatic because of the lyrics. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Ronny83 Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM It's just been confirmed that Celine will cover Billie Holliday's I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues for her upcoming English album.It's not CONFIRMED. The song has been taken into consideration to appear on the album. But they are still changing bit and bobs. So, who knows! The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
celinefanonline Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM i'm fine with the direction they r taking for this album!!and so many singers covered this song (I Gotta right To Sing the Blues) though including Ella too!!!, i like the song so yeah Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM Yup, this news really got me excited, I know now that Celine really fought for giving to this album the "evening gown" style that she talked about back in 2009! Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Javito Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM I reeeeally hope they update the sound though. Seriously, it is like visiting my grandmother and she plays her gazillion year old and very dusty vinal records to me. Once again, I do not get Celine's obsession with gazillion year old music. I can see the cover and booklet of this album already: black and white pictures. Regretfully, yes Just like the D'elles/D'eux/One Heart covers, colourless I don't know where that obsession comes from with covering oldies and then there are times when she's said that one of her favourite bands was AC/DC "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Your_Su_Phu Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM Posted March 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM This could either be really good or really bad
Shamrock_1982 Posted March 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM If this is the theme of the album then I want ''Cry me a river'' as I think she would do an amazing version of it, but I also want 3/4 brand new songs Jazz or otherwise on this album...
tal-sh2 Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:04 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:04 PM What is going on with the MHWGO new version? The collector's edition of "Titanic" is out today! "These walls keep a secret, That only we know..."http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/bambaplanet/G49272_b.jpgSorry for my English.
sailornic Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:19 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:19 PM she need to cover "woman in love" (barbra something)
browseceline Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:56 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:56 PM (edited) another Sinatra song? please Celine.... no I am not excited for that kind of stuff at all. I understand it fits the concept of the album, but I don't like it. Edited March 26, 2012 at 02:00 PM by browseceline <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:59 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 01:59 PM another Sinatra song? please Celine.... no I am not excited for that kind of stuff at all. Please Celine come with something fresh not old covers Just accept once and for all the direction that this album has taken. It's an "evening gown" album, probably the most "uptempo" song we'll get from this will be You'll Have To Swing It, and that says it all.. Maybe we get a fresh song from one of the new tracks. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Claudette Posted March 26, 2012 at 02:27 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 02:27 PM (edited) If this is the theme of the album then I want ''Cry me a river'' as I think she would do an amazing version of it, but I also want 3/4 brand new songs Jazz or otherwise on this album... If this is the theme of the album I want to cry a river. I'll wait for the French album. This will definitely be one Celine album that won't be in my collection. Not a fan of jazz/blues, not even when it is Celine singing. Edited March 26, 2012 at 02:30 PM by Claudette http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Shaun Posted March 26, 2012 at 02:37 PM Posted March 26, 2012 at 02:37 PM If this is the theme of the album I want to cry a river. I'll wait for the French album. This will definitely be one Celine album that won't be in my collection. Not a fan of jazz/blues, not even when it is Celine singing. Exactly Claudette and I would argue neither are the millions of fans who have bought Celine's albums that are made up of love ballads or pop songs. Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Recommended Posts