Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted
If they didn't have kids, she'd be touring a lot more and in the public eye more. I guarantee it. Celine's got a lot of wonderful years ahead of her. :)

 

Im very sure that in a few years (when the twins are 6/7) she will have alot more time on her hands, they will be in school and can do things for themself, im not saying Kids are easy, but im saying she will have alot more time,

 

its just these next few years, we have to wait, im sure of it :thumbsup2:

 

kev

Posted (edited)
3 songs? that's it? and probably all covers........lost opportunity, such a lost opportunity :down:

At least one of those 3 songs is a brand new song : ''Always Be Your Girl''

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted (edited)
When i saw that the topic title has changed from "New English Album April/May 2012" to "New English Album 2012" i decited that i will not buy the english album. I was waiting but now it is over. :wub: For the French one i wait, no matter how long :wub: . But the english one will be a mess, no matter if it comes out yet or in 2 years. It will be the same old thing like all her english projects. There will never be an inovation anymore.

 

I will rent it from a friend, so i don`t give her a.) Money b.) another sold album. Then i hope that the album will sell less than 1mio copies.

That what some pathetic people wished about ''Taking Chances'' yet this album sold more than 3.5 millions copies worldwide. :whistling:

 

Whether or not you buy her forthcoming English album it won't make a difference in her global sales since Celine still has millions of fans (unlike Mary J Blige LOL! :mdr:).

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

Hello Calypso. There are also a million of other people, a million of flowers, a million of sheep, a million of PCs,..... on this world.

http://www.greenfudge.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/new-zealand-sheep-methane.jpg

What do you want me to tell? If you really mean that the chart position and the nr of sold records/nr of fans speaks about the quality of a CD or a singer..... :whistling:

 

I love Celine a lot, i just don´t want to believe that she really wants to release a CD like this. And i do not believe that just ONE person of you likes this idea. No way. Come on.....

Posted (edited)
Hello Calypso. There are also a million of other people, a million of flowers, a million of sheep, a million of PCs,..... on this world.

http://www.greenfudge.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/new-zealand-sheep-methane.jpg

What do you want me to tell? If you really mean that the chart position and the nr of sold records/nr of fans speaks about the quality of a CD or a singer..... :whistling:

 

I love Celine a lot, i just don´t want to believe that she really wants to release a CD like this. And i do not believe that just ONE person of you likes this idea. No way. Come on.....

 

Well if your not interested in this album, why do you keep checking this topic, and writing your not going to buy the album, if your not interested thats fine, but people like me and Calypso and many many others are interested.

 

Like she said, you wont make much difference if you buy it or not, many many will.

 

Also, what idea of this album are you on about? Right now we have minimal details of what the concept actually is, If celine had not been ill, im sure we would know something by now. If Celine didn't care for her fans like you suggest, Why would she have done so much promo for taking chances? And why would she tour the world for all her fans to see her? she could have stayed in vegas, or gone home for good.

 

 

 

kev x

Edited by Peppercorn1991
Posted (edited)
I was thinking the same. Just because Celine is ill and cant use her vocal cords, doesn't mean she has to be on bed rest. This could be the perfect time for Celine to look at songs, or even come up with a concept for the album as she has 2 months. This could be a blessing in disguise. I know Celine still has the twins to look after, but knowing Celine, we all know she likes to have little projects (building of houses and other projects). This may give Celine a change for once to not rush into the album, and actally have some thought.

 

She knows she has 2 albums coming up so obviously while she has time, she will be thinking about them as there may not be much more on her mind (other than worrying about her vocal cords :( ) In the past, she has always had Vegas on her mind, and im assuming that she doesn't have much time or even wants to think about her albums because she has enough to do already. This could be better for the album!

 

kev x

 

I totally agree with that statement. But do you really think Céline is going to stop for a minute and think about the concept of her english album? Do you think she even considers what's the "concept" of it? :whistling: I wish she did, but I highly doubt that :confused: Whereas its true that she and her team are having two months that can be CRUCIAL to decide the direction they want for her next album, I don't think they're going to do many changes to what they've already decided. In fact they've had almost FIVE years to think about this and return with a great album, and all what we've heard until now is that they insist in recording a bunch of covers of the Vegas show.

 

Yes, she has two months of free time... but I highly doubt she's going to spend time to talk about this. Her family takes up all her free time, and if she leaves some time for business talk, that will be probably for Vegas :sick: Unfortunately, she has enough with worrying about her vocal chords to be back in shape for her concerts :ermm:

 

Inevitably, this is time for Celine to reflect. And, knowing Rene and how he must've felt canceling all of those shows, this could perhaps be the best igniter for a solid album. They will hopefully spend some time deciding which direction to take.

 

Indeed!. They've got to a point where they have the chance to reflect. Reflect about what they've done and what they want to do in the future, and if its worth it. It's an extend of the contract worth? Was this comeback to Las Vegas needed?

 

I feel that Céline's international career is on the knife-edge today. It may sound dramatic, but they can take care of her discography and keep doing good new albums and presenting them to the world, or keep the few new music she may record unnoticed and let her career die in Las Vegas. The ball is on their roof, it's up to them.

 

 

I hope with this new album Celine's tone returns. She still has the tone when singing in Vegas -- but that tone was lacking on TAKING CHANCES. (Compare her tone in A New Day Has Come/Seduces Me to her tone in My Love…. Very different). I want her to cash in on all of those lovely layers of her voice. It's been a while since they've been properly captured on an (English) album.

 

Her voice has changed. The voice you can hear in ANDHC and the voice you have in TC is different. In songs like Alone you can clearly notice its more nasal than before 2003. Doing around 1,000 concerts and overexposing your voice during 6 years has its price unfortunately. And she keeps doing it.

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
That what some pathetic people wished about ''Taking Chances'' yet this album sold more than 3.5 millions copies worldwide. :whistling:

Whether or not you buy her forthcoming English album it won't make a difference in her global sales since Celine still has millions of fans (unlike Mary J Blige LOL! :mdr:).

I hope you know you're using a condescending tone here, Gab. As much as I like your passion for Celine and everything Celine related, this is plain rude. If you speak about "pathetic people" who wished TCh would not even sell 3.5 million copies worldwide, what would you say to the people in France who were really happy when D'elle didn't even sell anywhere near to its predecessors? Are they pathetic as well? I think not cos they didn't like the album and they showed their dissent through that. Nothing wrong with that. I, for one, disagreed cos D'elles is my fav album of hers and even though the album sold below expectations, I would never hold a grudge against anyone who wanted to speak out their own opinion(s).

 

 

What do you want me to tell? If you really mean that the chart position and the nr of sold records/nr of fans speaks about the quality of a CD or a singer..... :whistling:

I love Celine a lot, i just don´t want to believe that she really wants to release a CD like this. And i do not believe that just ONE person of you likes this idea. No way. Come on.....

I agree to whatever Julian said here. Pure numbers don't speak about quality always. There were/are many things in this world that didn't sell in huge numbers yet are spectacular pieces. Just because something isn't mainstream or popular doesn't mean that the quality is sh!t.

 

If this album is sub-par, it should flop. BIG TIME. I'll be nothing but happy if it does cos you know why, it'll maybe make Celine, Rene or whoever re-think the whole thing. Celine is a class act and her albums, songs or projects should be something that exudes class and not a cheap Vegas showgirl by-product.

 

 

Well if your not interested in this album, why do you keep checking this topic, and writing your not going to buy the album, if your not interested thats fine, but people like me and Calypso and many many others are interested.

 

Like she said, you wont make much difference if you buy it or not, many many will.

 

Also, what idea of this album are you on about? Right now we have minimal details of what the concept actually is, If celine had not been ill, im sure we would know something by now. If Celine didn't care for her fans like you suggest, Why would she have done so much promo for taking chances? And why would she tour the world for all her fans to see her? she could have stayed in vegas, or gone home for good.

 

kev x

That's the sad part that many will even if the album may be something that isn't to the level of Celine. It doesn't help Celine carve a niche in the 'legendary' status instead it's making them very complacent and lazy to what they come out with. It's just cashing in on the cow and Sony will be cashing in on Celine big time as usual.

Posted (edited)
I hope you know you're using a condescending tone here, Gab. As much as I like your passion for Celine and everything Celine related, this is plain rude. If you speak about "pathetic people" who wished TCh would not even sell 3.5 million copies worldwide, what would you say to the people in France who were really happy when D'elle didn't even sell anywhere near to its predecessors? Are they pathetic as well? I think not cos they didn't like the album and they showed their dissent through that. Nothing wrong with that. I, for one, disagreed cos D'elles is my fav album of hers and even though the album sold below expectations, I would never hold a grudge against anyone who wanted to speak out their own opinion(s).

TBH I have never seen comments from French fans claiming they were ''happy'' because D'elles,which sold about 770,000 copies, sold less copy than it's predecessor 1 Fille & 4 Types, which sold about 1.1 million copies (not a huge difference). Some French fans expressed disappointment about the D'elles album after they listened to it. I see nothing wrong with that. They didn't enjoy what they listened to and expressed their opinion about it.

 

The difference here in this topic is that some people here like Julian complain about an album that isn't even released and about which we only have minimal and not set in stone infos.

 

So I wonder how can he (or other people) already knows that the album will be inevitably bad and a ''mess''.

 

That's the sad part that many will even if the album may be something that isn't to the level of Celine. It doesn't help Celine carve a niche in the 'legendary' status instead it's making them very complacent and lazy to what they come out with. It's just cashing in on the cow and Sony will be cashing in on Celine big time as usual.
She already has her own carved niche in the ''legendary'' status. No doubts about that. If she'd die suddenly tomorrow in weird circumstances her albums sales would explode just like Whitney Houston's and Michael Jackson's and a bunch of artists would come out of the closet to say how much she had an impact and influenced them. Not to mention that she would be inevitably honored during awards shows like WH and MJ were. Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
I hope you know you're using a condescending tone here, Gab. As much as I like your passion for Celine and everything Celine related, this is plain rude. If you speak about "pathetic people" who wished TCh would not even sell 3.5 million copies worldwide, what would you say to the people in France who were really happy when D'elle didn't even sell anywhere near to its predecessors? Are they pathetic as well? I think not cos they didn't like the album and they showed their dissent through that. Nothing wrong with that. I, for one, disagreed cos D'elles is my fav album of hers and even though the album sold below expectations, I would never hold a grudge against anyone who wanted to speak out their own opinion(s).

I agree to whatever Julian said here. Pure numbers don't speak about quality always. There were/are many things in this world that didn't sell in huge numbers yet are spectacular pieces. Just because something isn't mainstream or popular doesn't mean that the quality is sh!t.

 

If this album is sub-par, it should flop. BIG TIME. I'll be nothing but happy if it does cos you know why, it'll maybe make Celine, Rene or whoever re-think the whole thing. Celine is a class act and her albums, songs or projects should be something that exudes class and not a cheap Vegas showgirl by-product.

That's the sad part that many will even if the album may be something that isn't to the level of Celine. It doesn't help Celine carve a niche in the 'legendary' status instead it's making them very complacent and lazy to what they come out with. It's just cashing in on the cow and Sony will be cashing in on Celine big time as usual.

 

+1

Posted

I'm afraid the Titanic has already seen the iceburg, and is now destined to hit it when it comes to this new English album. They are obviously struggling with this effort given the delays and setbacks. And now with this Laryingitis god knows what in the Hell will happen. I sense such a loss of opportunity this year.

 

How often does a re-release of a major blockbuster (Which you were A HUGE PART OF) come around? Estimates are that its going to open with $45 million dollars! Prime time for Celine exposure. Secondly, with the unfortuante death of Whitney Houston, many are in the need, and would support, the sounds of a very alive and well Diva.

 

I dont know what in the name of all that's good is happening but this lapse in albums is going to have major consequences. I dont get a good feeling at this late stage in the game, unless Rene has some major friggin surprises up his sleeve for May.

Posted
That what some pathetic people wished about ''Taking Chances'' yet this album sold more than 3.5 millions copies worldwide. :whistling:

 

Whether or not you buy her forthcoming English album it won't make a difference in her global sales since Celine still has millions of fans (unlike Mary J Blige LOL! :mdr:).

 

 

Taking Chances sold more than 3 millions, cause it had more than 10 editions, if 1 million fans got 3 different ones = 3 millions

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
Taking Chances sold more than 3 millions, cause it had more than 10 editions, if 1 million fans got 3 different ones = 3 millions

 

That is not true. It sold 2.7m copies by the end of 2007 alone.

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

Posted
Is the new album coming out in Spring?

 

At this stage in the game, and I hate saying this, we'll probably be lucky if we have it by Christmas this year.

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
People need to stop focusing on Celine's new album. It will come out when it's gonna come out. Thank God for Adele right now, without her, there wouldnt be any vocalists on pop radios. 21 is the new Falling into You!
Posted
People need to stop focusing on Celine's new album. It will come out when it's gonna come out. Thank God for Adele right now, without her, there wouldnt be any vocalists on pop radios. 21 is the new Falling into You!

 

Adele is overrated and so is 21, Falling into you is by far greater

Posted
Hell are you waiting so long for this album in English, so I've quit, I've resigned to the situation, consider a positive side, if celine gande launch a new studio album this year, she will not have time to publish it as it should be, then it will be a failure, it is an opportunity to launch a classic album masi, maybe that's why vain to launch a covers album, why is not gonna have time to work on it, the promotions, the album will be French large, surely a success, we have more calm and wait for a full and completely new abum year.
Posted

Everybody needs to CALM DOWN!!!! :bash: If 3 new songs, and the rest cover thing is true, then MAYBE there's a reason behind it, look on the bright side: we might get 3 new songs and one of them HOPEFULLY, IA, might come no1 on the charts. Hope for the best and support her u not buying an album wont make any difference, BTW. Be supportive not aggressive. Be together in the ups and downs.

The poor thing (Celine) already has enough problems on her hand, she doesn't want raged fans, I'm sure. Take it easy, its just an album, no biggie, she'll do us proud.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted (edited)
why?

That's simple. Adele's 21 is a dreary, bluesy bore. All the songs on her album are incredibly depressing and mainly focus on being heartbroken.

 

To claim that 21 is the new Falling Into You is ridiculous.

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
That's simple. Adele's 21 is a dreary, bluesy bore. All the songs on her album are incredibly depressing and mainly focus on being heartbroken.

 

To claim that 21 is the new Falling Into You is ridiculous.

 

I agree 100%, like i said, Adele is a nice vocalist, but nowhere in the same legue as Celine, and 21 is nothing like Falling into you!

 

Falling into you has its ups and downs, i really do love that album!!

 

kev x

Posted
As much as I love Celine, Adele is my fav artist right now! And yes 21 can be considered the new FIY. Both albums won album of the year at the Grammy, dominated the charts internationally, stayed on billboard 200's top 10 for more than a year, sales are pretty much the same (FIY: 32million, 21: 20million plus single sales). And I wouldn't say Adele is overated just because she's super successful right now. I mean wasn't it the same case with Celine back in 96-97.
Posted
As much as I love Celine, Adele is my fav artist right now! And yes 21 can be considered the new FIY. Both albums won album of the year at the Grammy, dominated the charts internationally, stayed on billboard 200's top 10 for more than a year, sales are pretty much the same (FIY: 32million, 21: 20million plus single sales). And I wouldn't say Adele is overated just because she's super successful right now. I mean wasn't it the same case with Celine back in 96-97.

 

 

So Adele is a match for Celine? She is very good, but the album is nothing like Falling into you, even if it won the same awards, its so damn depressing lol

 

kev x

Posted
As much as I love Celine, Adele is my fav artist right now! And yes 21 can be considered the new FIY. Both albums won album of the year at the Grammy, dominated the charts internationally, stayed on billboard 200's top 10 for more than a year, sales are pretty much the same (FIY: 32million, 21: 20million plus single sales). And I wouldn't say Adele is overated just because she's super successful right now. I mean wasn't it the same case with Celine back in 96-97.

21 sold 20milion copies????????? Come on! :blink: :blink: :blink:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted

My God, the stuff that I read on this site.

Common Adele did NOT sell 20 millions worldwide. Check stats before posting.

Absolutely NO WAY that 21 is comparable to Falling into You....have you been smoking?

Posted
I'm afraid the Titanic has already seen the iceburg, and is now destined to hit it when it comes to this new English album. They are obviously struggling with this effort given the delays and setbacks. And now with this Laryingitis god knows what in the Hell will happen. I sense such a loss of opportunity this year.

 

How often does a re-release of a major blockbuster (Which you were A HUGE PART OF) come around? Estimates are that its going to open with $45 million dollars! Prime time for Celine exposure. Secondly, with the unfortuante death of Whitney Houston, many are in the need, and would support, the sounds of a very alive and well Diva.

 

I dont know what in the name of all that's good is happening but this lapse in albums is going to have major consequences. I dont get a good feeling at this late stage in the game, unless Rene has some major friggin surprises up his sleeve for May.

 

Either way, if Celine takes part in the promotion of the new Titanic film or not, she will get a lot of coverage. Of course some of it will be from people saying "Oh no, not again in 2012" but no matter what, she will get something out of it. But at the same time I have mixed feelings... I hope she won't promote it at all. She's been there, done that. Celine needs to promote other stuff to stop reinforcing the image of the "Titanic" or the "Heart Will Go On" singer...

Posted
Everybody needs to CALM DOWN!!!! :bash: If 3 new songs, and the rest cover thing is true, then MAYBE there's a reason behind it, look on the bright side: we might get 3 new songs and one of them HOPEFULLY, IA, might come no1 on the charts. Hope for the best and support her u not buying an album wont make any difference, BTW. Be supportive not aggressive. Be together in the ups and downs.

The poor thing (Celine) already has enough problems on her hand, she doesn't want raged fans, I'm sure. Take it easy, its just an album, no biggie, she'll do us proud.

 

 

I agree!! Celine is prabably super busy right know. She is giving us all she can. I will probably buy the CD just because its Celine :) Anything she gives us will be great!!! :yes:

The Greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to Love and be Loved in return.
Posted
I think she should just release an EP first and work on an album slowly.
Posted

Or just singles. Why not just singles?

 

 

PS Adele is indeed overrated IMO. 21 is agood album full of hits, but she's not as good a vocalist as you may think, if you listen closely. Missed notes during live performances ("pitchy"-ness as American Idol judges would say) are on par with Avril Lavigne's.

Posted
My God, the stuff that I read on this site.

Common Adele did NOT sell 20 millions worldwide. Check stats before posting.

Absolutely NO WAY that 21 is comparable to Falling into You....have you been smoking?

 

Actually 21 is close to selling 20 million (it will reach that mark next week). It already sold over 8 million in the US and will most likely be certified diamond in a few months (the first since 2004's Confessions by Usher).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...