Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

Does this woman perform for her fans every year since 2003, other than to have a baby? Has she released at least 25 albums for her fans without mentioning DVD's, live albums? NO she has 10 :whistling: Sing for TWO audiences french and english? Belong in the TOP 3 W/M/C female singers? Have two years of her filmed with camera crewe to give a fantastic documentary, just so the fans have something special? Does she have three children, two of which are 1 years of age?

 

What a mature thing to say.... Celine does alot compared to most artists, and she has given so much! We are used to having a quick pace between things being released. I did not enjoy reading your post at all! Saying Celine should spend more time on her albums is fine, i think we all agree on that, but to hope and wish unsucess on a woman who has given us her all is out of order!

kev x

 

 

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

"...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.

Posted
Any news on the Spanish album?
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

Does this woman perform for her fans every year since 2003, other than to have a baby? Has she released at least 25 albums for her fans without mentioning DVD's, live albums? NO she has 10 :whistling: Sing for TWO audiences french and english? Belong in the TOP 3 W/M/C female singers? Have two years of her filmed with camera crewe to give a fantastic documentary, just so the fans have something special? Does she have three children, two of which are 1 years of age?

 

What a mature thing to say.... Celine does alot compared to most artists, and she has given so much! We are used to having a quick pace between things being released. I did not enjoy reading your post at all! Saying Celine should spend more time on her albums is fine, i think we all agree on that, but to hope and wish unsucess on a woman who has given us her all is out of order!

 

 

 

 

 

kev x

 

Agreed!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted
Any news on the Spanish album?

 

:laugh: How ironic! Wish there were some for that project, but that horizon in her career looks as cloudy as the sky in my city today!

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Any news on the Spanish album?

 

 

they already ask Mariah to record the songs :whistling:

post-7841-1330798677_thumb.jpg

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
they already ask Mariah to record the songs :whistling:

post-7841-1330798677_thumb.jpg

 

Nice one!!!!

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted (edited)
MHWGO maybe amazing and wonderful, but at the end of the day, are we not tired of it a little? As huge Celine fans MHWGO is great but also really annoying as thats all people know Celine for who are not fans and its over played and performed. Personally (my preference) MHWGO is OVER OVER rated! not as a song but the fact it is Celines main signature song. Celine has so many more songs which shows how great Celines voice is and shows her vocals to the max! MHWGO has two? short notes where celine can show her Amazing vocals! Because of this song, many people dont even know Celine's capabilities, this annoys me alot. Does anybody else sit and wait for the end of the song? Skip the first two minutes on youtube? i do lol Im sick of the song! (may i add i do love the song but im just tired of it) :thumbsup2:

 

I think I may be the only person on this board who is not tired of My Heart Will Go On! :laugh: I think the main reason for that is because I literally had no idea the song existed back in the time when it got heavy airplay. I was around 5 or 6 years old, didn't care about popular music, and my family never listened to the radio. I heard the song in full for the first time last summer! (I only knew part of the chorus before.) MHWGO also has a deeply personal meaning to me. I was very sad about something for a long time, and it basically cured my sadness. Again, I am probably the only one, but I don't think of Titanic at all when I hear the song...I think of how it helped me overcome an obstacle. It was a dream for me to see it performed.

 

I know this is getting off topic, so I'll stop now. I just wanted to share the "newbie view" of MHWGO with you guys. :)

Edited by caitlynceline56

"The measure of love is to love without measure."

 

"When there's music in your life, there's happiness." -Céline ♥

Posted

I dont know if they have any new songs recorded (new as in new material for a single) but it would be a great time to release a new single right around Titanic 3D. If they can't get the album out then releasing her single would be so key as much medial will be focused on the movie, the song and anything new from her will get some attention.

 

It's kinda sad that shes sick because this is a rare opportunity with Titanic 3D being released. She doesnt have to do any live promotion, but if she's got a new song recorded releasing the single around the second week of April would be so ideal.......like to itunes the weekend of the 3D release. (April 6, 7 or 8).

 

I'm assuming the album is still being released in May or June. Although I have no idea why wait until June, July or August as those months are shot with her Vegas shows......and then French album in the fall so they can't wait too long. I still hope for a May release date with Titanic single release!

Posted
You're right about the single release, it would be just great.
16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Posted
I dont know if they have any new songs recorded (new as in new material for a single) but it would be a great time to release a new single right around Titanic 3D. If they can't get the album out then releasing her single would be so key as much medial will be focused on the movie, the song and anything new from her will get some attention.

 

It's kinda sad that shes sick because this is a rare opportunity with Titanic 3D being released. She doesnt have to do any live promotion, but if she's got a new song recorded releasing the single around the second week of April would be so ideal.......like to itunes the weekend of the 3D release. (April 6, 7 or 8).

 

I'm assuming the album is still being released in May or June. Although I have no idea why wait until June, July or August as those months are shot with her Vegas shows......and then French album in the fall so they can't wait too long. I still hope for a May release date with Titanic single release!

 

 

Just because this makes sence, we know we wont get a single, anything that makes sense never materializes in celine world right now! I used to be so positive on this forum, but its hard to right now :(

 

BTW i agree with everything you said, but im sure we wont see this album this side of summer :confused:

 

kev x

Posted
I though she had just recorded At Seventeen.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
I though she had just recorded At Seventeen.

 

 

about 3 songs have been done

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
3 songs? that's it? and probably all covers........lost opportunity, such a lost opportunity :down:
Posted
After watching the AND DVD extras, I realized she wasn't doing what she loves. Maybe during the last years of AND she was comfortable, but not at all in the beggining. And I'm not sure if she's loving it today. We barely have news from her during this new show. She has much more free time than with AND, but she's more remote than before :ermm: She's loving her family time, that's out of the question. The rest, I don't know :shrug:

 

I just hope René does-not-put a single bit of pressure on her regarding this show and all the Vegas topic :glare: :glare:

 

 

Maybe it was quite hard for Celine at the start of AND and then things just settle down? Would I be wrong to say that it like starting a new job, it take some time for everything to settle down?

"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

Posted

I don't know I think right now with twins 70 shows a year is too much. Given this episode of vocal restraint and inflmation I think they should scale back to 50 or 60 shows a year. Forget about the money. Come on.

 

And secondly, although albums don't make artists much $$ anymore they are important to your core fanbase who support you all these years and keep an artist somewhat relevant. 5 years lapses in between albums for an artist in their early 40's is too much. The wait for this english album is extrutiating. I even had one friend say "Oh Celine is still recording albums.......I thought she was in Vegas now." Lol. Nice conotation eh?

Posted (edited)
I even had one friend say "Oh Celine is still recording albums.......I thought she was in Vegas now." Lol. Nice conotation eh?

 

Sadly it is not just your friend who thinks this, most of the general music buying public think this too. And, frankly, it would be hard to argue against it at this point. She is just in Vegas now. Aside from the little trip to Jamaica it's all she is doing at the moment and has been for a while. No tv appearances, no interviews, no albums, no singles, no nothing. Just Vegas. It's not difficult to see why the wider public are now only associating Celine with Vegas and not much more.

Edited by Shaun

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
it would have been way cooler if Celine did special fanconcerts, and not only show after show for the same, dull crowd. exceptions to the rule of course! like the real fans in here, but i think the majority just wants to see Celine because it is Celine. For the money is not an issue anymore, so why not do something special if she wants to stay in Vegas. Arrange a couple of concerts completely for fans, with fan favorites and songs she never sung before. That way it keeps interesting for us and also for her. If you do the same setlist, 70 shows a year and maybe for some years.. I would get bored as an artist. You should have challenges. Make some great interesting albums in the meantime and challenge yourself on stage too.. don't play it safe all the time. What do you have to loose?
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)

Yes, and I think for Celine's critics she should try other ventures and not leave herself in Vegas. Her world tour was a smart idea as it showed she still could tour to huge audiences and not be confined to Vegas.....but as my uncle said the other day "oh Celine will be in vegas forever"......kinda of left a sour taste in my mouth. I really don't think Celine should still be in Vegas 10 years from now. But if it's $$$ they probably will. This vegas show is classy and elegant and I love that (well I have not yet seen it yet----TRIED BUT CANCELLED---I'll try again next year).......but when Celine decides to stop touring I think it should be a world tour....I really do........and her final show should be in her hometown or Montreal.'

 

 

She really needs to do one more world tour.....I'd love to see it in Concert Halls.......like Radio City, etc.

Edited by Kyle_Jared
Posted
Yes, and I think for Celine's critics she should try other ventures and not leave herself in Vegas. Her world tour was a smart idea as it showed she still could tour to huge audiences and not be confined to Vegas.....but as my uncle said the other day "oh Celine will be in vegas forever"......kinda of left a sour taste in my mouth. I really don't think Celine should still be in Vegas 10 years from now. But if it's $$$ they probably will. She needs to go out with some Class.

 

I think it's probably fair to assume that Celine will be part of Vegas through Caesars Palace for the rest of her career now. Whether that is through multi year deals like she's done with "A New Day..." and now "Celine" or just the odd run of concerts here and there over the years I honestly think she'll be tied into performing at Caesars for good from now on in some way, shape or form.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
Will Celine ever have a huge hit ever again? Thats what i want to know.... :hmm:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted (edited)
it would have been way cooler if Celine did special fanconcerts, and not only show after show for the same, dull crowd. exceptions to the rule of course! like the real fans in here, but i think the majority just wants to see Celine because it is Celine. For the money is not an issue anymore, so why not do something special if she wants to stay in Vegas. Arrange a couple of concerts completely for fans, with fan favorites and songs she never sung before. That way it keeps interesting for us and also for her. If you do the same setlist, 70 shows a year and maybe for some years.. I would get bored as an artist. You should have challenges. Make some great interesting albums in the meantime and challenge yourself on stage too.. don't play it safe all the time. What do you have to loose?

 

Nothing. At this stage of her career, she has nothing to lose, that's the great advantage she has in her position. But it's sad that just when she had more freedom to do different concerts and setlist of songs for her fans, and sing all the vast repertoire of songs she has built over the years, it's when she has reduced the most her comfort zone, singing for years always the same songs without variation and new challenges :doh: .

 

 

I think it's probably fair to assume that Celine will be part of Vegas through Caesars Palace for the rest of her career now. Whether that is through multi year deals like she's done with "A New Day..." and now "Celine" or just the odd run of concerts here and there over the years I honestly think she'll be tied into performing at Caesars for good from now on in some way, shape or form.

 

That's to say that her international career is over, unfortunately. C'est fini :confused: I fear that can happen, too.

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Will Celine ever have a huge hit ever again? Thats what i want to know.... :hmm:

 

That what I would like to know as well.

 

And for doing a fan concert, yes please. I would love to see Celine sing that the way it is live again.

"Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion

Posted (edited)
TBH, Celine needs to get back to doing the likes of Us and The Reason! Only I Surrender sounds anything like her 90s repertoire! Edited by Dion-Mania!
Posted

Maybe when Celine is off she may be able to find some new songs to sing? Its a perfect time to hear them and maybe just maybe we might get a full album this year??

Lots of maybes there i know but you gotta have hope :rolleyes:

love doesn't ask why

speaks from the heart and never explains

dont you know that love doesn't think twice

it can come all at once or whisper from a distance

Posted
Maybe when Celine is off she may be able to find some new songs to sing? Its a perfect time to hear them and maybe just maybe we might get a full album this year??

Lots of maybes there i know but you gotta have hope :rolleyes:

 

 

I was thinking the same. Just because Celine is ill and cant use her vocal cords, doesn't mean she has to be on bed rest. This could be the perfect time for Celine to look at songs, or even come up with a concept for the album as she has 2 months. This could be a blessing in disguise. I know Celine still has the twins to look after, but knowing Celine, we all know she likes to have little projects (building of houses and other projects). This may give Celine a change for once to not rush into the album, and actally have some thought.

 

She knows she has 2 albums coming up so obviously while she has time, she will be thinking about them as there may not be much more on her mind (other than worrying about her vocal cords :( ) In the past, she has always had Vegas on her mind, and im assuming that she doesn't have much time or even wants to think about her albums because she has enough to do already. This could be better for the album!

 

kev x

Posted

Inevitably, this is time for Celine to reflect. And, knowing Rene and how he must've felt canceling all of those shows, this could perhaps be the best igniter for a solid album. They will hopefully spend some time deciding which direction to take.

 

I hope with this new album Celine's tone returns. She still has the tone when singing in Vegas -- but that tone was lacking on TAKING CHANCES. (Compare her tone in A New Day Has Come/Seduces Me to her tone in My Love…. Very different). I want her to cash in on all of those lovely layers of her voice. It's been a while since they've been properly captured on an (English) album.

Posted
Inevitably, this is time for Celine to reflect. And, knowing Rene and how he must've felt canceling all of those shows, this could perhaps be the best igniter for a solid album. They will hopefully spend some time deciding which direction to take.

 

I hope with this new album Celine's tone returns. She still has the tone when singing in Vegas -- but that tone was lacking on TAKING CHANCES. (Compare her tone in A New Day Has Come/Seduces Me to her tone in My Love…. Very different). I want her to cash in on all of those lovely layers of her voice. It's been a while since they've been properly captured on an (English) album.

 

Your signature says it all... I was a BIG Céline fan, went to concerts, have all albums etc. But to be honest I'm much more impatient to hear a new Adele song than to hear a new Celine song. I'm not saying I don't like Céline anymore, but she is no longer my favourite musician... and I think I', by far not the only one... All of this to and fro, Las Vegas etc seems like a big money machine to me, while I believe Adele that she does not make music for the money... I have my doubts about Céline (and Réné especially)... may be that I just can relate better to adele's themes than to celin's (motherhood) at my age.. ok now chase and burn me for this ^^

Posted (edited)
Your signature says it all... I was a BIG Céline fan, went to concerts, have all albums etc. But to be honest I'm much more impatient to hear a new Adele song than to hear a new Celine song. I'm not saying I don't like Céline anymore, but she is no longer my favourite musician... and I think I', by far not the only one... All of this to and fro, Las Vegas etc seems like a big money machine to me, while I believe Adele that she does not make music for the money... I have my doubts about Céline (and Réné especially)... may be that I just can relate better to adele's themes than to celin's (motherhood) at my age.. ok now chase and burn me for this ^^

 

I'm sure you will be chased and burned… :laugh:

 

My signature reflects another musician who I greatly admire. And it's sort of implied that I'm a huge Celine fan just by being part of a Celine Dion forum…so why also have her as my signature? For a long time, it was Annie Lennox. Maybe next it will be Karen Carpenter.

 

I think it's natural to have periods when you're more taken with certain artists than others. And Adele is incredible. But, when it comes down to bare bone vocal skill, Celine simply takes the prize. However, what Adele has that Celine doesn't always have (particularly with 99% of her English recordings) is a rawness/humanness to her tone. Adele has great vocal ability interspersed with that rawness -- and that, along with how down-to-earth and relatable she is, is why she's making such an impact right now.

 

Also, Adele is in a very different place than Celine. If you want to see Celine trying to prove herself -- go look at the plethora of YouTube videos from earlier in her career. Even before she spoke a word of English. You'll see the passion that we're currently seeing in Adele.

 

In a nutshell, I'm looking forward to new songs from both artists…for different reasons. Celine still has the passion deep in there. She remembers what it felt like to want to prove herself. Don't lose your interest in her -- just because she's at a certain place in her personal life, which is why (moreso than money) they want to be in Vegas. If they didn't have kids, she'd be touring a lot more and in the public eye more. I guarantee it. Celine's got a lot of wonderful years ahead of her. :)

Edited by smw
Posted
Your signature says it all... I was a BIG Céline fan, went to concerts, have all albums etc. But to be honest I'm much more impatient to hear a new Adele song than to hear a new Celine song. I'm not saying I don't like Céline anymore, but she is no longer my favourite musician... and I think I', by far not the only one... All of this to and fro, Las Vegas etc seems like a big money machine to me, while I believe Adele that she does not make music for the money... I have my doubts about Céline (and Réné especially)... may be that I just can relate better to adele's themes than to celin's (motherhood) at my age.. ok now chase and burn me for this ^^

 

No, i completely agree with you! I am and always will be a fan of Celine and there will never be another artist (at least untill Celine is retired for good, and even then i don't think ill think anyone is better), especially Adele, she is a little over rated, and i can only stand her for a little while at a time. I dont think she will be around for long, i do think she is a great artist, but she wont have the staying power like Celine. Isnt Adele having soon break already?

 

I agree though, ATM with Celine, it is a waste of time lol We have had nothing for 5 years, and we are getting tired of it. I think its good to get into other peoples music in this break, its nice to hear something other than the same old songs. (i already recycled all her albums over and over in this time) We want something new! and soon!

 

Even though i have listened to others in this time, i will never enjoy the songs/artists the way i enjoy Celines voice. I remember i used to love hallelujah and listend to it over and over and it was one of my Fav songs apart from Celines songs (they are always on a whole different level lol ). When I found out Celine was to sing it on Oprah i couldn't believe it and was so excited! I heard the performance and i was so happy, my fav artist covering my fav song! I could have died lol

 

Yeah.... I think Celine will always be my artist, there can never be anyone else, She gives me so much more than any other artist!

 

 

 

kev x

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...