Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted
Everyone was ranting about the great producers on Taking Chances and we had NeYo etc- but who knws about I Got Nothin Left apart from us? Take Mariah's Angel Cry with NeYo- incredible- video- promoted- big hit. Celine wants to have that and I don't think she does

I think it is true, and maybe we are saying it alot, but the choices for singles from a new day has come seem so weird to me

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpg

Angel of My World

[/i]

Posted
Well, I'm sure Celine knows about the free masonic part of the industry and thats something that probably scares her too :shrug: Ands thas something that scares her too, and then there's the drugs etc etc....

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted
No darling, I'm just stating facts.

 

:bye1:

 

 

:celinechannelforum1:

Posted (edited)
who's an amazing producer and I LOOOOVE all her work with Gaga, for example, but if we're gonna have another "I Got Nothin' Left" (which I think it's quite poor and a song to skip) is better not to stain the name of RedOne with a collaboration with Celine...\

This is relative. Celine isn't Lady Gaga...she's not in her prime with pop music and you can't compare the two.

 

And no I highly doubt we'll get two albums (English) this year. This album will probably be as schizo asany other Céline album. They cannot ever seem to get their act together with a coherent "sound" throughout a larger part of an album.

First of all...wrong usage of 'schizo.' Secondly...who wants an album that sounds the same throughout the 'larger part?'

 

The biggest problem right is that Celine doesn't care at all about music anymore and it shows. She enjoys performing so she does the Vegas show, but I don't see any interest at all from her to put out new, fresh, exciting music anymore. Any album she does is just an obligation to her record company and we shouldn't expect anything more than just a collection of new Celine songs on record. We shouldn't expect top producers, and top production, and anything remotely relevent to today's music until she starts to take a bigger interest. Her life for the last 10 years has just become about being a mother and doing concerts. All her interviews focus on her home life, there is nothing interesting about her music career and she never discusses it. We are expecting too much at this stage I think. Until she starts to show some interest and a spark, we'll just get the same old stuff from her and we shouldn't expect anything more if you ask me. It only results in mass disappointment.

When has Celine ever taken a leading role in her music? She's not a writer/producer and I don't expect that from her. She's a powerful vocalist that will always do well regardless of how "modern" her album is. However, I do agree with you that Celine isn't going to put out an album that compares to the popular music on the radio today...she's not at that point in her career.

Edited by riobeard11
Posted (edited)
^^^^ :hmm: Actually, I think she has chosen some songs herself too, and made some suggestions about her songs/career too, and maybe about the way songs should be performed when recording them, but I don't think she wants to be the one taking all the decisions... :shrug: She even said it herself, that when René got sick before her 2 years break back in the 99's, she took control of everything. But yes Bobby, I don't think Celine is gonna try to be part of today's music "reinventing" herself and changing her style for a more pop or dance kind of music. Of course, I'd love to hear more up-tempo songs from her and I think she wants to have those up-tempo songs too, cause she enjoys them. And of course, I also want her to be on top again, cause I'd like more people to listen and enjoy her like we do, but I also think it's fresh to still have somebody doing this kind of music today, or everything will sound kinda the same... :thumbsup2: Edited by ferjaacu
Posted (edited)
^ By saying that I didn't mean she hasn't played a role in her music. But you understood what I meant. And yes, we see eye to eye on the fact that she's not going to change her style drastically and she shouldn't. There's no need for another album that sounds exactly like the other 50 out there right now. :) Edited by riobeard11
Posted
+1!

 

That's a good summary of what has been her career in the past 8 years. Truth hurts indeed :ermm:

 

 

sooooooo right! unfortunately!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
Does anybody know why Michael started on prescription drugs? Because of the "accident" that happened on the coca cola commercial, and his hair was set on fire. Some say it was done on purpose to get Micheal on drugs. It is a fact that after this he was on medication for the pain and never came off drugs untill the drugs killed him.

 

NOTE: a celebrity is more easily controlled by the industry if they are on medication and not in their real state. Some singers such as Britney spears are heavily controlled by the people around her, why do you think she went crazy? A singer who is in a good state doesnt shave her hair for no good reason. Trust some artists are not having a great time in the industry.

 

It should be obvious that singers cannot do what they want to do in the industry as they once did, they answer to their label. Their label are there to make huge profits from a singer, not to do everything the artist wants to do. Isn't it obvious with the direction the music industry has right now and especially since 2009? Every music video is weird, depressing and dark, from most major artists in the industry right now. Maybe this is a trend, but who sets the trends??? The industry!

 

Look at this press conference with MJ:

 

Hidden by the Media as always! Like i said before the media is run by the same people, whatever newspaper you read some subjects will never get through...

 

The guy "TOMMY MATTOLA" is one of the heads of SONY (Celine's record company for those who dont know) Look what he did to his ex wife Mariah :( Trust me that artists dont have the great life shown in the media. Celine seems to have always had Rene who is a good man protecting her from the industry. All im saying is please people open your eyes to the real industry and not what you get "allowed" to see in the media.

Can i just say, There is other factors we dont know about with Celine's record company. We dont know the whole picture

 

kev x

You are so right my friend!!!It's all about media. :thumbsup2:

Posted

from celinedionitalia twitter:

 

BREAKING NEWS: Celine Dion's team still looking for songs. Final decision for English album to be taken in 3 weeks.

http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted

Still looking for the songs to record??? :blink:

 

Maybe they've decided to call this album "The neverending story"? :ermm:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
It´s very strange, especially if new album will contain only 3 new songs ... but on celinedionitalia twitter there was twit yeasterday from @pcahype who said Céline ´s team is looking for big hit for Céline, so who knows.
http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted
Well I personally think her ppl should see if Land Del Rey could write her a song... her songwriting is brilliant!!!
Posted
if they are still looking for new songs... can it be that apart from some of the covers she does in the Vegas show, the album will consist of a bunch of new songs but in the theme of the album, which is Eveninggown? so some classy ballads with orchestra?
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
It´s very strange, especially if new album will contain only 3 new songs ... but on celinedionitalia twitter there was twit yeasterday from @pcahype who said Céline ´s team is looking for big hit for Céline, so who knows.

 

:w00t: Really??? So a new hit is coming soon. I didn't expect even singles from this upcoming album, but who knows? Both the people at Sony Music and Céline's team are impossible to understand, so anything could happen.

 

if they are still looking for new songs... can it be that apart from some of the covers she does in the Vegas show, the album will consist of a bunch of new songs but in the theme of the album, which is Eveninggown? so some classy ballads with orchestra?

 

I still think that this upcoming record is going to be in the line of 1999's All The Way... A Decade Of Song; just that, instead of some hits from the past and new songs, this time we'll get studio versions of live songs (not new at all) and couple of new recordings. It's going to be pretty interesting...

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

^^^^ I think that's highly probable :yes: Actually, I still don't know where did we get that "rumour" of "only 3 new songs" from :shrug: It was all speculations I guess :hmm:

 

Anyway, hope they find those songs they're looking for really quick, I really want new Celine's songs to listen to :thumbsup2:

Posted

Here are the tweets of PCA Productions @pcahype

 

Spent a day on the beach yesterday and got a great song concept I'm writing on assignment for... #CelineDion! Yeah she'll be on radio soon.

17:49 - 16 Avr 12 via web

 

Writing a great concept that #CelineDion can belt!

20:39 - 16 Avr 12 via web

 

Yeah, you'll be hearing #CelineDion 2012-style real soon.

20:42 - 16 Avr 12 via web

 

her label's looking for outside writers for a big hit. Can't spoil the sound TOO much, they gave 4 weeks and I got something good!

20:45 - 16 Avr 12 via web

 

Not too sure. 3 weeks left to submit, then a bit for their decision, contracts, cutting the record, etc. But soon!

20:53 - 16 Avr 12 via web

Posted
^^^^ I think that's highly probable :yes: Actually, I still don't know where did we get that "rumour" of "only 3 new songs" from :shrug: It was all speculations I guess :hmm:

 

Anyway, hope they find those songs they're looking for really quick, I really want new Celine's songs to listen to :thumbsup2:

3 new song was not rumor, René was talking about it in some interview, if I remember right it was interview from last year, yes during time things can changed but info was real and they still talking about album of Vegas songs and some new songs 3 or more.

http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted
That's interesting, jeje03100, thanks!
Posted
Cewlllll big hit and Celine Dion is music to my ears :-D :wub2:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
Cewlllll big hit and Celine Dion is music to my ears :-D :wub2:

 

Celine needs a hit ala Halo from Beyonce. She should have a hit so that people rediscover her!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
3 new song was not rumor, René was talking about it in some interview, if I remember right it was interview from last year, yes during time things can changed but info was real and they still talking about album of Vegas songs and some new songs 3 or more.

 

 

 

The best solution is: a "Celine - live in las vegas" live album with songs from the show + a new album with brand new songs! B)

post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)
the production of a live album would not take long at all and the could easily release it (maybe even with a bonus dvd like in 2004) Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

I'm not excited just yet about a new song being a ''big hit''... we have seen in the past that shes had some great songs on albums that could have been huge, if no.1 they were chosen to be a single and no.2 if the promotion was aggressive enough to really get the song out there and noticed!

 

Lets see what happens.

Posted (edited)

Well, from all the news over the past two days, its all sounding really positive! I love how Celine writers are so positive towards Celine, wether they are mainstream or not. It betrays what most non celine fans think of her. These producers and writers know how amazing she is, and they seem excited to write for her!

 

Its all sounding good right now but lik you guys say im not getting too excited untill we hear news officially.

 

Also i saw today something Garou has said about celines album, on facebook but i cant view it in my country, does anyone know anything about this: (i think its for people in france, but im not sure :))

 

http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/garou-repon...es-7170867.html

 

kev x

Edited by Peppercorn1991
Posted
from celinedionitalia twitter:

 

BREAKING NEWS: Celine Dion's team still looking for songs. Final decision for English album to be taken in 3 weeks.

So 3 weeks to find new songs (that will take us into May) Then they need recorded and promoted. How long will that take? Can we see the album out before September?

Posted

I don't know what to think.... Maybe the changed their minds?

I mean they are looking for new songs for soooooooooooo loooooooooooooong that maybe it means there will be more new songs...

As for the covers, I'd again be glad if they just record a live album with 2/3 new songs (like A New Day...) and I'd be fully satisfied and maybe I would be able to wait a little longer for a proper new album... Maybe the later, the better?

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
It could be a good sign that they're taking even longer to select songs! We all wish this thing would happen sooner than later, but I'm at least thankful they are bothering to take time to select songs and not just record a cover album.
Posted
3 new song was not rumor, René was talking about it in some interview, if I remember right it was interview from last year, yes during time things can changed but info was real and they still talking about album of Vegas songs and some new songs 3 or more.

:hmm: I never saw that interview... Could you please find it and post a link for me?? Thanks !! :thumbsup2:

Cewlllll big hit and Celine Dion is music to my ears :-D :wub2:

I know this is a bit :offtopic: but... What do Cewlllll mean?? :shrug:

I'm not excited just yet about a new song being a ''big hit''... we have seen in the past that shes had some great songs on albums that could have been huge, if no.1 they were chosen to be a single and no.2 if the promotion was aggressive enough to really get the song out there and noticed!

Lets see what happens.

I agree with you Darren. It all comes down to how much promotion they do. :yes:

Posted

By no means they can be still with the covers album concept if they keep postponing the album and saying "we are still picking the songs" for the umpteenth time -_- . I mean, how many times they have already said the same? Next update will be "Céline is going into the recording studio within 2 weeks" again.

 

They are creating BIG expectations and they should know that by now. The more time they have delayed this english album, the better they should do it (for their own good!), and there's no way they're still choosing the songs if they were to release an album of covers with only a few original songs.

 

So, all in all, I think this should be more positive than anything... crossing my finguers! :)

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Celine needs a hit ala Halo from Beyonce. She should have a hit so that people rediscover her!

 

OMG don't mention 'Halo' or else someone will come and so gladly point out how it was such a failure across the world and didn't even reach #1 on the Hot 100!! :rolleyes:

 

 

Anyways, this entire thing with the album seems to be a mess with no clear indication as to when they intend on releasing it with all the dates being changed over and over again. We should be happy if this even comes out! :doh:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...