Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted
Still looking for the songs to record??? :blink:

 

Maybe they've decided to call this album "The neverending story"? :ermm:

 

 

:sofunny:

well atleast we're hearinf(or reading) something about the album! I'm happy :clap:

Still if they make up their mind , we'll hopefully hear some songs by July maybe

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted (edited)

Still looking for songs? They were supposed to start recording the album two months ago until she 'supposedly' came down with laryngitis....so posponed two months and STILL looking for songs?

 

There's more to this than is let on.

 

Never-ending story is right!

Edited by Kyle_Jared
Posted
Still looking for songs? They were supposed to start recording the album two months ago until she 'supposedly' came down with laryngitis....so posponed two months and STILL looking for songs?

 

There's more to this than is let on.

 

I think so too. There's something fishy going on here -_-

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
^ like what? Example?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted (edited)

Seriously, I don't know how to feel about the latest rumours. Wasn't Celine supposed to enter the recording studio like in mid-April?

 

The chances are that if they're still looking for NEW songs (like doing it for the last two years was not enough :whistling: ) Celine might end up being offered some true gems which wouldn't be discovered by her if the recording sessions were over. Well, I wish it worked that way.

 

I agree with some of you that the more songs to choose from the better for us! :-D

 

I'm wondering if she's active in the songs selection and doing all that listening stuff herself or she has her team to do it for her, leaving all the decisions to others.

Edited by Jeff Abbott
Posted
^ like what? Example?

 

First of all, 5 years without a brand new studio album? 5 years without any new CD of Céline, even if it was something like TCSV.2 with some rare/unreleased songs to milk us the fans?

 

Like I said before, they've been saying the same old story on and on since the past year with the song selection process, and then they said she would go into the recording studio. Now we've heard it again, when they said they were already picking songs in 2011 (how they take a whole year choosing the songs?)

 

And last but not least, we barely have official word about the songwritters, producers, music style etc. No-official information about that in 5 years.

 

This has NEVER happened in Céline's career, no matter if she was on retirment or not.

 

More?

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Fishy? They're just clueless. For all we know, the current "concept" is almost all new songs by "new"/up and coming songwriters (who she has never worked with before)... *holding breath*

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted (edited)
Fishy? They're just clueless. For all we know, the current "concept" is almost all new songs by "new"/up and coming songwriters (who she has never worked with before)... *holding breath*

 

Yes clueless too, but they're acting with a silence never seen before in her career. It's not proper of René or Céline to be this quiet for such a long time. We haven't even got a press release or something to confirm that they're working on a new album and especially, confirmed details about what direction they're taking in terms of music styles, songwriters and producers. It's not normal that they're taking 2 years now to do this.

 

Also, they don't appear in the magazines as often as they used to. We had much more interviews and new pictures during her break in 2000 than today, when she's supposed to be active. How long its been since we don't have a new interview with new pictures in Hello! for instance?

 

I wonder if there's been any kind of problem with the record label behind it all :ermm:.

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Okay, I agree, its EXTREMELY annoying but I'm sure they MUST have a reason! I mean Celine seems like a reasonable person, and maybe something "bad" must've happened and maybe they're just not telling us? I know....I'm taking Celine's side, but I CAN'T help it!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted

Seriously guys, they are raising three children. If it takes them longer than usual to release an album or do less interviews than they used to get used to it. There are more important things in life for them now. All of the people around Celine are getting old so it's only natural she wants to value her time with them. We were SO spoiled during the 90's and 2000's with new material and the appearances Celine made it's only natural for us as fans to be having withdrawal symptoms now her professional schedule has slowed down. To suggest there are other things going on when quite honestly she's probably just living her life is, to me, crazy.

 

We'll get that new album, we'll get those new interviews. If it takes another 4 months or another 4 years we'll get them. Just be patient.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
I think that they were woking on a "evening gown" album with many covers but they realized that this is actually not going to become a hit album and they decided to change the concept and do something ala tanking chances with new, fresh songs and thats why they are still looking for songs
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
Yeah, I think the fans who are going crazy over not having anything new need to chill out a bit. Celine doesn't owe anyone anything, especially not her fans. She has had an amazing career and been more than generous when it comes to her fans. I understand the anticipation for something new but to start to directly attack her or Rene or her record label is just ridiculous. It comes across as pathetic and obsessed (not in a good way.) Some people take it way too personally, as if this was her plan, to piss off her entire fanbase, one by one. I'm sure she is working on her new album and I'm sure we will see it some time in the future. Until then, take a breath, think about the important things in life and look forward to the day when you can continue to complain about the song selection, the interviews she gives and the way her career is being managed. And remember, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
Posted
Raising children takes 24/7. I don't know of any families that ACTUALLY work after they've had children. That would just be cr@zy!!!!

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
Yeah, I think the fans who are going crazy over not having anything new need to chill out a bit. Celine doesn't owe anyone anything, especially not her fans. She has had an amazing career and been more than generous when it comes to her fans. I understand the anticipation for something new but to start to directly attack her or Rene or her record label is just ridiculous. It comes across as pathetic and obsessed (not in a good way.) Some people take it way too personally, as if this was her plan, to piss off her entire fanbase, one by one. I'm sure she is working on her new album and I'm sure we will see it some time in the future. Until then, take a breath, think about the important things in life and look forward to the day when you can continue to complain about the song selection, the interviews she gives and the way her career is being managed. And remember, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

 

Amen! lol

Tommy
Posted (edited)

So what, maybe in three weeks we'll know whats going on as that's the supposed deadline for submitting new material? . Contractually she must be due to give a new album soon. Maybe they have songs but want some meatier stuff to give the album some hits.

 

Didnt they do that with Taking Chances---Wasnt I got nothin' left and the track produced by the Dream (Skies of L.A) recorded last minute? (Ya, real gems there!)

 

I sure as hell hope this comes together soon.

Edited by Kyle_Jared
Posted
Raising children takes 24/7. I don't know of any families that ACTUALLY work after they've had children. That would just be cr@zy!!!!

 

especially wealthy filthy rich families who cant afford hiring anyone to babysit for them if they have to go out for work. especially them! :P

Posted (edited)
I think so too. There's something fishy going on here -_-

 

 

:yes: especially with this Vito drama going on... :hmm: or they wanted to wait for some time to pass after MDNA release.

Edited by infiniti
Celine ~
Posted

Regardless of how much money Celine and Rene might have, they might still like to feel like they're raising their own family, and not leaving it up to others to do the job. Of course, Celine has many family members who are helping, but she still wants her children to know who mom really is and what mom really does. We should have more parents like that in the world. Believe me, I see a lot of situations where there isn't any parent involvement in children's lives, and that's one reason why we have so many issues in this world. So, Celine is trying to be a good mother.

 

Of course, these issues might not even be what is interfering with efforts to get the new album recorded and released. So, why speculate negatively?

 

I would hope, that the majority would want to be thought of highly. How can that be accomplished? Our actions, and words, speak volumes about our character. Showing consideration, and integrity, does wonders for our image. It's better to be positive than negative. Negativity breeds negativity. Sometimes we might be pessimistic in what we think, and speak before we've thought something out thoroughly. We state a fact, and then turn around and regret it once we find out the real truth. Then, once you realize that you shouldn't have jumped to conclusions you've already "put your foot in your mouth". Nobody is perfect, myself included, but I truly believe that we need to be more considerate, patient and optimistic regarding the upcoming album. We definitely don't know what is going on "behind the scenes", nor do we need to be privy to that knowledge either. Remember the phrase, "too many cooks spoils the broth"? So, maybe Celine, Rene & their production team figure it's best to take care of "business" between themselves before they're ready to unleash "the news" to the world. Maybe they're not trying to "jump" to choose song selections and then find out later, that if they'd waited a while longer, they could have had some true "gems" to put on the album. Patience my friends. Good things come to those who wait! Let's try to have faith and confidence in what Celine and her team are producing. I, for one, will like whatever she gives us. I'm just thrilled that I have something to look forward to rather than facing the alternative (no upcoming album).

 

I do understand tho' that everyone is just anxiously awaiting news and the upcoming release date! It's like Christmas is around the corner!!! LOL

 

Oh, by the way, Celine didn't "supposedly" have laryngitis (as someone stated earlier). My goodness, why would anyone not believe that she was really ill????? That seems to be a rather harsh statement being that we're all Celine fans here. If she can't have support here on her forum, then where can she expect to find it? We're family here. So, let's let that be seen in our comments about her. Family is family, no matter what.

Posted

Here's what Brad Steenblock is saying about the song he's writing for Céline. He says it's "really touching," gonna be "new for her," gonna be "big" and "Yeah, she'll be on the radio soon." :clap: He also says it's a sound "she wants" that he's going to give her... Sooo apparently she's involved in the creative process! Also, his style seems more electronic. Listen to some samples here: http://www.pcaproductions.net/music.html

 

Here's all of his Tweets on Céline:

 

*Spent a day on the beach yesterday and got a great song concept I'm writing on assignment for... #CelineDion! Yeah she'll be on radio soon.

 

*Thanks for following my songwriting work! Glad to pick up Italian followers. Writing a great concept that #CelineDion can belt!

 

*Yeah, you'll be hearing #CelineDion 2012-style real soon.

 

*her label's looking for outside writers for a big hit. Can't spoil the sound TOO much, they gave 4 weeks and I got something good!

 

*@cdipnl Thanks for following my songwriting work! Turning in something really touching to #CelineDion 's people soon.

 

*@Feliciatjee Thanks for following my songwriting work! I am turning in a great song for #CelineDion 's team real soon.

 

*@Matdg Thanks for following my music production and songwriting! I'll have to check out your work soon.

 

*Thanks, appreciate the support from the community! It's 1 song, but still on rewrites. When its final I may release the demo for ya!

 

* @cdipnl Glad to give you that excitement! I know she'd kill with this song. Promise, more info soon.

 

*@manu_fergo Yes, her people gave a sound she wants and I'm turning in something in 3 weeks. Don't worry, the best is all I know how to give!

 

* I do and I know what I have for her could be huge!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Posted

Seems to me that Sony is getting more involved in this album than before.

Maybe Sony is trying to make this album more relevant than originaly planned with some Vegas covers.

Which would be good news.

Could it be possible that Sony is actually trying to avoid the mistakes they have made in the last 10 years? :unsure:

Posted (edited)
To be honest I am getting great vibes from these recent tweets from this Brad Steenblok dude! Have you listened to the samples ashtonelijah included his post??! http://www.pcaproductions.net/music.html I think this kind of epic electronic vibe could be a way for Celine to have a little credibility with a sing;e released in today's market- she can't do heavy rnb - we know that, she can't just do ballads- boring- a jazz album- irrelevant, especially if they want a smash. Let's everyone tweet him and tell him we're supporting his work as Celine fans :P Edited by stevo
Posted
Don't foget what happened in early 2007... She recorded A Cause and released it as a single in France a year later. It could have been a HUGE hit, but it wasn't promoted... So recording the song is not enough, we also need massive promotion.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

Exactly Celine fan 77

 

As for the Sony... Xpresso how do you know that they got involved?

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

I liked a lot those music samples :yes:

 

If they're taking seriously this electronic sound thing for the album, I couldn't be more excited. It will be a dream come true for me :in_love: :kicking:

 

One thing is clear: she needs a new sound for the album if she wants to surprise, completely different from what she has made.

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
I liked a lot those music samples :yes:

 

If they're taking seriously this electronic sound thing for the album, I couldn't be more excited. It will be a dream come true for me :in_love: :kicking:

 

One thing is clear: she needs a new sound for the album if she wants to surprise, completely different from what she has made.

 

Please don't get your hopes too up, remember that the promo tour won't be anything huge since she is doing the show in Las Vegas. I'd get more excited about the French album and the 2013 English album. I just tell you this so that, if this upcoming album isn't what you expected, you don't get too upset.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
Please don't get your hopes too up, remember that the promo tour won't be anything huge since she is doing the show in Las Vegas. I'd get more excited about the French album and the 2013 English album. I just tell you this so that, if this upcoming album isn't what you expected, you don't get too upset.

 

:laugh: My hopes aren't up with the promotion side since many years, Carlos! I abandoned the idea of big promotion and great fanfare of her music in radios and TV since years, and I'm not expecting much with that aspect since I saw what they did with Taking Chances & D'elles.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even promote the first single at all this time. But all I ask is a good CD, well crafted from start to end both with the vocals and the music production and the arrangements, that pleases us (that's the minimum we can ask for) :thumbsup2:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
I liked a lot those music samples :yes:

 

If they're taking seriously this electronic sound thing for the album, I couldn't be more excited. It will be a dream come true for me :in_love: :kicking:

 

One thing is clear: she needs a new sound for the album if she wants to surprise, completely different from what she has made.

Yes this is true, she needs a new sound but I can´t imagine sound like this (I quite like it) on the same album with NMQP, Open Arms, At17 and another covers form Vegas show, question is if they completly changed concept of new english album and finally we get english album with complete new material this year and not in 2013 as some news were talking, anyway we need some updates from celinedion.com as Céline said in her videomessage from early this year, we need to know what we are waiting for.

http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted
I guess we'll have answers in 3 weeks...

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
Here's what Brad Steenblock is saying about the song he's writing for Céline. He says it's "really touching," gonna be "new for her," gonna be "big" and "Yeah, she'll be on the radio soon." :clap: He also says it's a sound "she wants" that he's going to give her... Sooo apparently she's involved in the creative process! Also, his style seems more electronic. Listen to some samples here: http://www.pcaproductions.net/music.html

 

Here's all of his Tweets on Céline:

 

*Spent a day on the beach yesterday and got a great song concept I'm writing on assignment for... #CelineDion! Yeah she'll be on radio soon.

 

*Thanks for following my songwriting work! Glad to pick up Italian followers. Writing a great concept that #CelineDion can belt!

 

*Yeah, you'll be hearing #CelineDion 2012-style real soon.

 

*her label's looking for outside writers for a big hit. Can't spoil the sound TOO much, they gave 4 weeks and I got something good!

 

*@cdipnl Thanks for following my songwriting work! Turning in something really touching to #CelineDion 's people soon.

 

*@Feliciatjee Thanks for following my songwriting work! I am turning in a great song for #CelineDion 's team real soon.

 

*@Matdg Thanks for following my music production and songwriting! I'll have to check out your work soon.

 

*Thanks, appreciate the support from the community! It's 1 song, but still on rewrites. When its final I may release the demo for ya!

 

* @cdipnl Glad to give you that excitement! I know she'd kill with this song. Promise, more info soon.

 

*@manu_fergo Yes, her people gave a sound she wants and I'm turning in something in 3 weeks. Don't worry, the best is all I know how to give!

 

* I do and I know what I have for her could be huge!

 

I'm @manu_fergo :laugh:

 

If they are really working on this album, trying to make a great come back, they should release the English one in November and then the French one next spring. I hope they do like that and we get a great album

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...