Jump to content

"The Colour of My Love" Tour - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Random

What is your favourite outfit(hair and dress) from Celine in a live performance?

 

For me, it is Eyes on Me at the beginning of TCWT (Africa / Australia). Such a sexy look.

 

C%C3%A9lineDion_G010001382566F_100q_RGB-393x221.jpg

  • Like 4
Posted

Well I figured it was worth pointing out she had already performed the song live on stage with a band. Those very first performances are always so exciting.

 

And maybe it's equally apt to point out this was her first time using the playback track for TPOL, which also followed her throughout her career :giggle:

Oh I understand, now ! I guess in english "on stage" may be used whatever the stage is. Sorry about that,I used it the way we use it in french, that is to say to speak about a live concert (but without saying "a live concert" -yes, we do that a lot in french !)

Well anyway, this recording took place at the very end of the tour and as far as we know she already used the playback track for TPOL when the tour started the year before. But if you think about it, in the home video TCOML Concert (taped in late 1993) it seems she hadn't the playback yet as she lips the song to the album track...

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A897b-zNag

 

She looked amazing in this TV special (like on the TCOML-album cover). This dress should have been the Tour outfit :wub: .

 

Oh that is the dress. I've seen this performance many times but I've never realized that it's the dress from the album cover. How cool! It's one of my favorite album covers as well. I do wish they updated the cover on the streaming services. They posted this version (image below) of the cover on Celine's twitter a few years ago.

 

while I think that the photoshoot is very sexy, I think that this look live makes her look like a very mature woman, and she was only in her 20s! I perfer her long hair all the way.

 

Is there a lot of pictures from that photoshoot? Aside from the album cover picture I don't remember seeing any others. The other pictures are the black and white ones right?

post-14037-0-03666900-1675527862_thumb.png

  • Like 1
Posted

Random

What is your favourite outfit(hair and dress) from Celine in a live performance?

 

 

This one...

She looks like a greek goddess

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Well I figured it was worth pointing out she had already performed the song live on stage with a band. Those very first performances are always so exciting.

 

And maybe it’s equally apt to point out this was her first time using the playback track for TPOL, which also followed her throughout her career :giggle:

 

 

This was 13 months before Birmingham and the earliest footage we've seen a TPOL playback. This is show #27 of the tour.

 

Replying to Woodstock, the dvd special we have was filmed closer to the end of the previous tour than it was the beginning of TCOML tour. It's not a huge surprise the only playbacks they had ready were the two already being used, wdmhbn and iyamt. After this dvd special there is still about 5 months time before the tour starts for her to record misled, oor, etmbd, and tpol.

 

I also find it interesting that with the confirmation of ETMBD we see even early on she had a tendency to stack the majority of the lipping right off the show start. If 6 of 15 songs are lipped it might seem like it would make sense to either spread the 6 songs out or cram them in the middle for a lengthy break, but no it's different and it's interesting to think about how she determines the placement of these mostly at the start (4 of first 5 songs lipped). Perhaps most of the playbacks at the start are somewhat of a prolonged warmup before tackling most of the show with just one or two playbacks left. Who knows.

  • Like 4
Posted

Reading back the topic, I've realized that there is potentially a live version of Oxygène and it is still hidden 30 years after.

 

It's surreal.

 

I wonder if there are some tv performances still unknown for the period 90-95 ( I have in mind the snippet of WTFTM...but some totally unknown who could possibly emerge some day)

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
. Edited by comingback
Posted

Reading back the topic, I've realized that there is potentially a live version of Oxygène and it is still hidden 30 years after.

 

It's surreal.

 

I wonder if there are some tv performances still unknown for the period 90-95 ( I have in mind the snippet of WTFTM...but some totally unknown who could possibly emerge some day)

 

According to the Wikipedia side, she sang Oxygene in France/Olympia shows. But they didn't put it on the Live album. I don't think she sang WFTM on the TCOML Tour, maybe on the CD Tour 1992-1993.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

I don't think she sang WFTM on the TCOML Tour, maybe on the CD Tour 1992-1993.

 

Twenty-odd years ago, back in the Limewire days, I had an mp3 of WFTM that sounded like it was a tour bootleg. I’m surprised it hasn’t surfaced on YouTube, because I think it was well-shared (even though the quality wasn’t great). If anyone has that, PLEASE SHARE!!

 

 

Edited by Chantemoi
  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

Twenty-odd years ago, back in the Limewire days, I had an mp3 of WFTM that sounded like it was a tour bootleg. I’m surprised it hasn’t surfaced on YouTube, because I think it was well-shared (even though the quality wasn’t great). If anyone has that, PLEASE SHARE!!

Random but you saying "MP3" just made me nostalgic, thanks for that Chantemoi!

Posted

Twenty-odd years ago, back in the Limewire days, I had an mp3 of WFTM that sounded like it was a tour bootleg. I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced on YouTube, because I think it was well-shared (even though the quality wasn't great). If anyone has that, PLEASE SHARE!!

 

setlist Celine Dion Tour 1992-1993

 

Posted (edited)

 

cute :D That was Celine before her gigantic voice evolution that happened in 1993 with TPOL and TT

Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

 

 

That’s not the one, but it’s still very nice!

Posted

 

 

That’s not the one, but it’s still very nice!

 

There are videos from the Celine Dion Tour on YT, but not WFTM. But I'm sure it's out there.

Posted (edited)

 

This one is not part of the tour ;)

 

According to wikipedia the Foster concerts in Japan were part of the TCOML Tour.

Edited by comingback
Posted

According to wikipedia the Foster concerts in Japan were part of the TCOML Tour.

No, they were not. They took place during a one month pause in Céline's tour. That was a various artist show with a specific band, and Céline performed only two songs of her own during these concerts ;)

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

 

 

Maybe so, but was it actually if you investigate? This tour has more than 6 legs. The 2nd leg, North america, gives us our earliest bootleg midway thru (jones Beach) and there is no "When i fall in love"

 

Unfortunately we still have only two recordings with terry. Birmingham and Brunei.

 

Im very curious to know more on when this song precisely was dropped. Yes, wiki does say australia/asia/North america the song was performed but at the very least if it was dropped midway leg 2 NA than the asia part later on can certainly be scratched. Starting the tour out with WIFIL in Australia is still a possibility however, and so is it being performed in NA at every show prior to Jones beach.

 

Unfortunately setlists back then are still just generalized, even on wiki. Specifics of all the drops and swaps are interesting to discuss but hard to confirm. Even the Birmingham setlist should've had "Unison" if Wikipedia setlist were to be believed. And actually, since we fortunately have 30 seconds of footage of the december 94 shows in tokyo that show Unison we are able to infer that Unison was either last performed that night in asia or for the one show in february. Either way, unison was dropped before the final leg of tcoml tour.

i’m not sure that I’m replying to this correctly, but WIFIL was also performed for English Deux tour dates, but of course we don’t have any footage.
  • 2 months later...
Posted
So I found someone on this forum who attended another early 1995 concert. When they reviewed it here they seemed to remember almost everything about it, so I messaged them asking if they recorded it, but they haven’t been active in almost 10 years, so I doubt I’ll hear anything back. We all need to look for a 1994 date though, especially one with refused to dance. Maybe some of you can look on the Setlist FM site more, I think I messaged almost everybody that attended one of these concerts, but I may have missed one or two people along the way.
  • Like 2
Posted

So I found someone on this forum who attended another early 1995 concert. When they reviewed it here they seemed to remember almost everything about it, so I messaged them asking if they recorded it, but they haven't been active in almost 10 years, so I doubt I'll hear anything back. We all need to look for a 1994 date though, especially one with refused to dance. Maybe some of you can look on the Setlist FM site more, I think I messaged almost everybody that attended one of these concerts, but I may have missed one or two people along the way.

 

Thanks for that!

Posted

 

 

Thanks for that!

no problem. Also, hoping for a full Francophone date, and or a full Canadian date, I don’t remember what the Setlist was for the Canadian leg but I seem to remember there being a lot more English songs, then French ones, and the setlist Seaman to be longer.
Posted (edited)
1683814789[/url]' post='2432245']

no problem. Also, hoping for a full Francophone date, and or a full Canadian date, I don't remember what the Setlist was for the Canadian leg but I seem to remember there being a lot more English songs, then French ones, and the setlist Seaman to be longer.

 

She did two Canadian legs for the tour, first one is in March-May of 1994, the second one is in November-December 1994. The longer setlist was for March-May 1994 Canadian leg of the tour, as far as i know in Montreal late 1994, the setlist only consisted of 14 songs. The first Canadian leg consisted of 18. But “Refuse to Dance” was performed in both Canadian legs.

Edited by Crazy for Celine
Posted

 

 

She did two Canadian legs for the tour, first one is in March-May of 1994, the second one is in November-December 1994. The longer setlist was for March-May 1994 Canadian leg of the tour, as far as i know in Montreal late 1994, the setlist only consisted of 14 songs. The first Canadian leg consisted of 18. But “Refuse to Dance” was performed in both Canadian legs.

Interesting. I wonder if refused to dance was performed on the first American leg? Also, I’m pretty sure river deep Mountain high wasn’t performed until later 1994, and we know PQTME wasn’t performed until 1995. There’s a chance she put some effort into Love Can Move Mountains in early 1994.
Posted

Interesting. I wonder if refused to dance was performed on the first American leg? Also, I'm pretty sure river deep Mountain high wasn't performed until later 1994, and we know PQTME wasn't performed until 1995. There's a chance she put some effort into Love Can Move Mountains in early 1994.

 

i don’t know if RTD was performed in the first US leg, and i believe the first time she added RDMH into the setlist was in Paris 1994, shortly after she sang it on Letterman’s show which was i believe her very first performance of that song. While PQTME i believe she started to sing it in Birmingham. And yeah there’s a chance she still did the high note of LCMM in the first leg of the tour, we just don’t know until there’s maybe a footage coming up.

Posted

 

 

i don’t know if RTD was performed in the first US leg, and i believe the first time she added RDMH into the setlist was in Paris 1994, shortly after she sang it on Letterman’s show which was i believe her very first performance of that song. While PQTME i believe she started to sing it in Birmingham. And yeah there’s a chance she still did the high note of LCMM in the first leg of the tour, we just don’t know until there’s maybe a footage coming up.

I hope we get more from the early 90s soon, but unfortunately, I’m not usually an expert when it comes to finding those things. I have no idea where to even look, but I’m not giving up.
Posted

post-4296-0-65000800-1431104436_thumb.jpg

 

Thanks to newly released unreleased pictures taking in Montreal, 1994 we finally now know the setlist to the Candian part of the The Colour Of My Love Tour! :clap:

 

INTRO

1."Everybody's Talkin' My Baby Down"

2."Des Mots Qui Sonnent

3."L'amour existe encore"

4."If You Asked Me To"

5."Only One Road"

6."Beauty and the Beast"

7."Misled"

8."Le Blues Du Businessman"

9."Ce n'était qu'un rêve"

10."Je danse dans ma tête"

11."Refuse To Dance"

12."Unison"

13."When I Fall in Love"

14."Think Twice"

15."Love Can Move Mountains"

16."The Colour of My Love"

17."The Power Of Love"

18."Can't Help Falling in Love"

 

 

Thanks John for deciphering it! ;)

 

I am DYING to see this concert on DVD!! Sony should release this :down: To see ETMBD and RTD LIVE is just a dream!! Interesting to see that Where Does My Heart Beat Now and Calling You weren't part of that show.

 

Tim, I am expecting you to change the wiki page :P

God, look at all that lipping, at least 8 songs of that setlist are confirmed.
Posted

 

 

Twenty-odd years ago, back in the Limewire days, I had an mp3 of WFTM that sounded like it was a tour bootleg. I’m surprised it hasn’t surfaced on YouTube, because I think it was well-shared (even though the quality wasn’t great). If anyone has that, PLEASE SHARE!!

I don’t expect you to remember, but do you have any idea where to possibly look for it on the forum, maybe a topic name or something? I’ve been looking but haven’t found anything. I wonder if it’s from the same show that we have half of a performance of did you give enough love and a full performance of nothing broken but my heart.
Posted
1683940595[/url]' post='2432649']

I don't expect you to remember, but do you have any idea where to possibly look for it on the forum, maybe a topic name or something? I've been looking but haven't found anything. I wonder if it's from the same show that we have half of a performance of did you give enough love and a full performance of nothing broken but my heart.

 

I might be wrong but i think according to the trading site (that you gave me the link to), WFTM didn’t listed on the setlist for Gatineau concert in which we have the half performance of dygel and full performance of nbbmh.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...