tearsinheaven87 Posted May 6, 2009 at 09:48 PM Posted May 6, 2009 at 09:48 PM I've loved Celine since I heard Beauty and the Beast, I was about 5 It was her voice that I loved, I remember singing along but not quite understanding what she was singing about. The lyrics had no meaning to me, it was always a certain note she would sing, either high or low, or it was a particular instrument in a song that I liked. It was only as I grew up I began to fully understand the meaning to each song, and my love for dear Celine deepened Oh, and I had my very first kiss to MHWGO when I was about 11/12 at a disco lol Quote I was waiting for so long, for a miracle to come...30th May 2008, Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland15th September, Madison Square Garden, New York, USA Rip MJ - may your music live on x x x
Snowhite Posted May 6, 2009 at 09:54 PM Posted May 6, 2009 at 09:54 PM i became a fan of hers when i was 15 years old and a half..,and now im 18 and a half..And im still one of her youngest fans and so proud! Quote
dancer105 Posted May 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM Posted May 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM right now I'm 17 and I first heard Céline when I was about 6 or 7 the older girls at my dance studio did dances to ABM, IS, BYLM, WFTM, TT, etc.. and I knew all the words but didn't know "Céline" and I really became a fan around the ANDHC era but I do think that Céline is the best vocalist out there. hands down. and even ppl who don't like her at least admit she can sing. Quote
Hilda Posted May 6, 2009 at 11:14 PM Posted May 6, 2009 at 11:14 PM I think most people become such big fans when they've been exposed to it at a young age. When you have crazy energy and enthusiasum for stuff. I dont have half the passion for anything now that i have for celine coz its something i got into when i was young and that tends to stay with u - its stayed with me....like if i stopped liking celine i little piece of me would die hahahaha i dont think i could now. id feel guilty for abandoning her- almost as if she were a family member haha. so yeh i think that comes from growing up with someone. Like if celine was jsut starting now - i might like her but i dont think id be collecting everything on her - its only coz i did it since i was young that it would be stupid to stop. Quote
Snowhite Posted May 6, 2009 at 11:21 PM Posted May 6, 2009 at 11:21 PM (edited) I think most people become such big fans when they've been exposed to it at a young age. When you have crazy energy and enthusiasum for stuff. I dont have half the passion for anything now that i have for celine coz its something i got into when i was young and that tends to stay with u - its stayed with me....like if i stopped liking celine i little piece of me would die hahahaha i dont think i could now. id feel guilty for abandoning her- almost as if she were a family member haha. so yeh i think that comes from growing up with someone. Like if celine was jsut starting now - i might like her but i dont think id be collecting everything on her - its only coz i did it since i was young that it would be stupid to stop.i could not agree more! Yeah Celine is something like smoking,an addiction!You can't quit it very easy!When you buy a Celinish thing,then you want to buy another one and another one and another one etc!And you can't stop it You feel like something is missing And all started from young age... ''They tried to make me go to rehab,i said no no no Edited May 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM by Snowhite Quote
Rafael_MG Posted May 7, 2009 at 02:55 AM Posted May 7, 2009 at 02:55 AM I think most people become such big fans when they've been exposed to it at a young age. When you have crazy energy and enthusiasum for stuff. I dont have half the passion for anything now that i have for celine coz its something i got into when i was young and that tends to stay with u - its stayed with me....like if i stopped liking celine i little piece of me would die hahahaha i dont think i could now. id feel guilty for abandoning her- almost as if she were a family member haha. so yeh i think that comes from growing up with someone. Like if celine was jsut starting now - i might like her but i dont think id be collecting everything on her - its only coz i did it since i was young that it would be stupid to stop. I think u're totally right! Quote THE ONE AND ONLY!!! http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/changepas39/header.jpg
Charles Posted May 7, 2009 at 03:12 AM Posted May 7, 2009 at 03:12 AM i become a Celine fan at the age of 10 or 12. i didn't know the language at the time, i just loved her voice. I'm 21 now..still like her alot. Quote
reamary Posted May 7, 2009 at 05:44 AM Posted May 7, 2009 at 05:44 AM I was 13 when I became a fan. It was also when Titanic had just come to the theaters and My Heart Will Go On was played everywhere, and many people, including many of my friends liked the song. So I think it wasn't considered that "odd" to like Céline at that time. Of course, others didn't end up fans as I did, but I think it was a "good time" to become a Céline fan. But I don't know if it's different nowadays? Actually I've always thought that Céline doesn't attire that many new - especially young - fans anymore, since it was such a phenomenal time around 97/98 with My Heart Will Go On. So I find it very cool that there are still new young fans who only now discover Céline! Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
Angel, You thrill me Posted May 7, 2009 at 06:52 AM Posted May 7, 2009 at 06:52 AM omg, i so cant believe i like hadnt seen this topic ahah, well im 16 and love celine, and if people dont like it they can stfu Quote http://www.lady-gaga.net/images/layout11/2.pngAlejandro Alejandro ALEALEJANDRO ALEALEJANDROOO
I Surrender Posted May 7, 2009 at 08:08 PM Posted May 7, 2009 at 08:08 PM i guess most of celinefans are young people and it's cool that i heard lots of people became celinefans since "A new day has come" <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's not true. but maybe most of celinefans online especially on forum are young people. cause many older fans don't know how to use internet, especially forum. i dont know what u mean by older but i am 35 and know my way around the internet perfectly but i am guessing what u mean is that older peeps also have a household to run, have fulltime jobs and in general have less timeto spend on the internet. Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
snugglesylvia Posted May 7, 2009 at 08:51 PM Posted May 7, 2009 at 08:51 PM hello...im 19 years old and i always have been a fan ever since my heart will go on...but just recently ,last year was when i became a super fan haha! and i just loved her to death, she is a truly amazing person and i dont care what people think or might say but we all know she is perfect in every way. i do get made fun of for liking her so much and always listening to her songs, people call me celine or celine fan, even my family has nicknames for me but i dont care, to me its an honor to be called by her name. we the fans know who she really is and we are behind her one hundred percent of the way. age isnt an issue, we know the person celine is and we love her for being that person, she touches millions of hearts with her music, some more than others but at the same time, old or young her fans will always be there. i love celine dion and i dont care if people tease me for it, i will keep on listening to her songs ever more! thanks to you all! Quote ¨ YOU GAVE ME A WORLD TO BELIEVE IN ¨ http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/snugglesylvia/URL-1.jpg
Selina286 Posted May 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM Posted May 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM (edited) Right now i'm 13 years old. I never really liked music before Celine then one day in my mom's car i heard You and I on the radio that's when i really fell in love with Celine! my friends just to always make fun of my because i love Celine they're like "what's wrong with you" but there are some of my friends that do like and my teacher too! but some of my friend says that Celine's music puts them to sleep and that hurts to hear. to make they stop i have to prove to them that Celine IS the best and they stop. Who ever doesnt like Celine has no taste. Edited May 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM by Selina286 Quote
xxmatthewxx Posted May 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM Posted May 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM I have just turned 25 but I first became a fan of Celine back when The Power Of Love, Think Twice and Only One Road singles were released. I got The Colour Of My Love album probably in 1995. I then loved the Falling Into You album and back then I remember I was tossing up between a mixed compilation or Falling Into You (the double cd with The Power Of The Dream) and I got Falling Into You. So this was 1996. Then came My Heart Will Go On etc etc. So from say 9 to 25 I have been a fan though only the last say two years I have really caught on. Quote
thatgirlmeghan Posted May 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM Posted May 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM I guess i still considered young-ish. I'm almost 24. I have loved Celine since I was 8 years old. So I've been listening to her for more than 15 years now. WOW! It's kind of amazing. Sure I listen to other artists, but most of them are fair weather affairs. Celine is my one and only true musical love. Haha! Quote
Scramasboy Posted May 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM Posted May 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM (edited) I have just turned 25 but I first became a fan of Celine back when The Power Of Love, Think Twice and Only One Road singles were released. I got The Colour Of My Love album probably in 1995. I then loved the Falling Into You album and back then I remember I was tossing up between a mixed compilation or Falling Into You (the double cd with The Power Of The Dream) and I got Falling Into You. So this was 1996. Then came My Heart Will Go On etc etc. So from say 9 to 25 I have been a fan though only the last say two years I have really caught on.Yeah, I was a fan from 1999 to 2000 or so, and then around 2004 I listened to the cd's and music, and all that, but I mellowed out alot, but then Taking Chances came out, on my BIRTHDAY! And I'v been "with it" ever since. haha! Did Taking Chances get you back into the Celine swing of things? Edited May 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM by Scramasboy Quote http://68.media.tumblr.com/0215da4dacb45f3375c9bf63cb89e9c3/tumblr_o3edqjdnpP1s2lrfeo1_1280.png
hazard211 Posted May 10, 2009 at 02:15 PM Posted May 10, 2009 at 02:15 PM I am 21 now and I started loving Celine when I was 8 or 9. People know I listen to her all the time but I never got made fun of. Actually people were always shocked she still was singing. When I was at the Omaha concert, the two older ladies sitting next to me saw me and all the other girls who were there and said to me, "wow, im soo shocked she has young people that like her so much. I didnt think she had younger fans who liked her this much but its really nice to see. It makes me like her even more." I think we showed that lady how Celines voice not only speaks to someone her age but to all ages. I thought that was really cool. Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/aajdd1452/Celine-Dion-ps18.jpgPhenomenal Woman
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 10, 2009 at 02:37 PM Posted May 10, 2009 at 02:37 PM (edited) Im now 17 nearly 18 My Celine story started when i was about 9-10, i had a childminder who looked after me and my younger brother when we were little and she always played , 'All the way .........'. Everyday the power of love would come on which was her fav song. And the song got in my head untill i loved it. I got my dad to buy it for me and i played it over and over again. i remeber listening to it on my headphones and listening to 'To love you more' and getting goosbumps listening to it. Of cource i loved My Heart Will Go on. One day i was watching tele and an advert came on for Celines New Album, 'a new day has come' i got my dad to go out and get it right away! and i loved it, next came 'one heart' and so on..... Now since leaving school and working i can afford to buy celine stuff. I now collect anything celine and my room is full of her. posters, books singles, dvds, mugs, everything! Ill neaver forget my childminder getting me into celine! when i saw celine in manchester may 3rd me and my girlfreind took my old childminder with us, and she loved it. I dont get taken the mik out of at all, infact my couzin who is 16 in well into it too and my aunt is now a big fan because of me. i love celine so much and love her in my life and anybody else who takes the mick isnt making me happy, stuff them, we all know what makes us happy! Id just like to thank all the forum for making it possible to share what we love with so many people who love Celine as much as i do, The forum is now a piece of my day to day life! Thankyou so much kev Edited May 10, 2009 at 02:47 PM by kimankev Quote
maddie- Posted May 10, 2009 at 03:40 PM Posted May 10, 2009 at 03:40 PM I'm 14 now and I fell in love with celine when i went to see her concert back in october, when she came to vancouver. it was actually my idea to get the tickets becuz the night before, i saw the TJTWIM tv special, and i was like,"damn, this girl can sing!"so my mom and i decided to get ticketsand on the night of the concert, i fell in love with her!!!!!!!!! especially IACBTMNmy friends all go "celine, she's so old!" how can you like her???????but i don't careceline's music has given so much inspiration in so many different aspects of life!!!!!! Quote "A smart girl leaves before she is left"
Alex_Incognito Posted May 10, 2009 at 04:05 PM Posted May 10, 2009 at 04:05 PM LOL It's funny that the new generation of kids think she's old. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Elaine Posted May 10, 2009 at 05:09 PM Posted May 10, 2009 at 05:09 PM People don't even ask me anymore... it's something they know it's a part of me and will never go away The same here. All my friends know it, all the people I know also know it and it's something I can't imagine myself without. It's one of my stand-out characteristics. They ask me: where is she and what she is doing today. And almost everytime I know the answer They freak out That happens to me all the time, and usually my boss is the one to ask me. Everytime we have nothing to talk about she shoots "Where is Céline right now?" LOL I really don't care about what people think about me because I'm a Céline fan. All I know is that without her I would be less of a person today. I first heard her when I was 6, also because of Beauty and the Beast. Of course, when you are that age you don't really care about celebrities and stuff, so though it was my favorite song I just came to be a huge fan when I was around 12, when everybody else were becoming fans of Leonardo di Caprio. lol. But I never cared and I never will. I'm proud of her and defend her if it comes to it. So when your friends diss her near you, just ignore them or say something good about her comparing to other artists, for example : "At least she can sing!" Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
SensationalCeline Posted May 13, 2009 at 02:23 AM Posted May 13, 2009 at 02:23 AM I'm 16 and when people make fun of me for liking Celine, I just spout out a bunch of randomn Celine facts. They do call her old but I justify it and go she's ONLY 41. I can't help it that my friends like immature sluts for their idols. Celine is perfect! Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
Montu Posted May 13, 2009 at 05:37 AM Posted May 13, 2009 at 05:37 AM I'm not sure if I fit into the "Young" category; I'm 20. But I'm still probably a touch younger than a lot of Celine's fanbase. I got into her when I was 19. Most people my age seem to hate her. And most people my age have never actually hear one of her albums... Anyway, I was basically introduced to her by one of my dear friends who is indeed in my age group, so it's nice knowing there is some youth that appreciates Divas, lol. Quote
Celinefan97 Posted May 13, 2009 at 06:19 PM Posted May 13, 2009 at 06:19 PM I am 12 years old and I love Celine. I don't usually talk with my friends about her (since no one knows who she is) but a couple (maybe 1 or 2) knows and they don't make fun of me. Quote http://melodyplant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/celine-dion.jpg
Leanne Posted May 13, 2009 at 06:26 PM Posted May 13, 2009 at 06:26 PM I'm 20 and I'm glad I'm getting older!Now people let me love Celine so much as I want (ok, sometimes they make a joke about it), but when I became a fan, when I was 14, they make fun with that and nasty comments always and always.. And as I can see above I was (and still) not the only one! Quote
Tyler1991 Posted May 14, 2009 at 12:09 AM Posted May 14, 2009 at 12:09 AM I'm 16 and when people make fun of me for liking Celine, I just spout out a bunch of randomn Celine facts. They do call her old but I justify it and go she's ONLY 41. I can't help it that my friends like immature sluts for their idols. Celine is perfect! Lol, when it was her birthday some of my friends were like...Is she 55 now (and they were serious..). And I was like, no 41...and they were shocked. lol Quote
Selina286 Posted May 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM Posted May 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM i still dont have to courage to tell everyone, but some of my close friends knows... right now i'm saving my courage so i could say it at once one day Quote
SensationalCeline Posted May 17, 2009 at 01:11 AM Posted May 17, 2009 at 01:11 AM If I were you, I'd shout it from the rooftops: I LOVE CELINE DION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME WORLD? i'VE ONLY GOT ONE HEART FOR CELINE DION....... there I said it................hahha Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
SensationalCeline Posted May 17, 2009 at 01:13 AM Posted May 17, 2009 at 01:13 AM I'm 16 and when people make fun of me for liking Celine, I just spout out a bunch of randomn Celine facts. They do call her old but I justify it and go she's ONLY 41. I can't help it that my friends like immature sluts for their idols. Celine is perfect! Lol, when it was her birthday some of my friends were like...Is she 55 now (and they were serious..). And I was like, no 41...and they were shocked. lol Yeah, we were in school on her birthday this year and i declared it a national holiday and one of my best friends Ally was like, is she 49 or 50? I was like NO, she's 41!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
iloveceline22 Posted May 17, 2009 at 03:19 AM Posted May 17, 2009 at 03:19 AM ive been a fan of celine ever since i was 6 years old, and now im 17! my friends at school think im crazy that i love celine and celines music!!! they dont really make fun of me, they call me obsessed, and i can care less! if they dont appreciate celine, its their own problem, they dont know what their missing...its a shame for them! i think that made my point clear! lol... no matter what my peers say, ill always keep celine a part of my life! i talk about celine sooooooo much, or sing her songs sooooooo much, that some of my classmates started calling me celine! lol if they really bother you, just ignore them, because deep down in ur heart u know, that celine is, lets just say majical! <3 Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
Scramasboy Posted May 17, 2009 at 09:51 PM Posted May 17, 2009 at 09:51 PM It so frusterates me when someone asks me what her age is, and they randomly guess 50. I'm like HAVE YOU EVEN PEEKED AT HER? She looks like she is about 30! And they all just kinda remember Celine as having real short blonde hair... why did she have to do that.. and they said she looked like she was older and that was a long time ago blah blah. I show them a pic and they are usually astounded and my straight male friends and bi female friends say she's hot, so it makes me giggle, haha! And, people who say she is old when they know she is 41, ugh! 41 is NOT old. But I guess their own parents are about that age... anyway.. GRRR! xD Quote http://68.media.tumblr.com/0215da4dacb45f3375c9bf63cb89e9c3/tumblr_o3edqjdnpP1s2lrfeo1_1280.png
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.