Jump to content

Mariah Carey: Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted
i don't know. there's no stand out powerhouse ballad in it with the likes of Mine Again, Through the Rain, Hero etc... i didn't hear the mariah moments on I Stay in Love. the only stand out, vocals-wise is I Wish You Well (piano driven with incredible vocal acrobats, kinda reminds me of her Emotions era). but then again, it's too early for me to judge it. it's just that, TEOM really won my heart the first time i heard the full album. im playing it again and i noticed, the live version of Im That Chick is way better than the studio version. anyways, anyone can disagree with me. it's just a personal assessment of mine.
Posted
i don't know. there's no stand out powerhouse ballad in it with the likes of Mine Again, Through the Rain, Hero etc... i didn't hear the mariah moments on I Stay in Love. the only stand out, vocals-wise is I Wish You Well (piano driven with incredible vocal acrobats, kinda reminds me of her Emotions era). but then again, it's too early for me to judge it. it's just that, TEOM really won my heart the first time i heard the full album. im playing it again and i noticed, the live version of Im That Chick is way better than the studio version. anyways, anyone can disagree with me. it's just a personal assessment of mine.

 

I'm sure it'll grow on you. And yeah you are right about That Chick. The live version @ The Hills is def better than the studio. I can't wait to see the tonight's performance of ''That Chick'' at her BET Special. She'll also sing ''Touch My Body'', ''Migrate'', ''Love Story'', ''We Belong Together'' and ''Shake It Off'' and ''Bye Bye'' at American Idol. I actually never really liked ''Mine Again''.

Posted (edited)

likewise nikos. i just adore her vocals there. very unhuman! give me Never Too Far anyday. love that song so much. Mine Again is ok, but the oversinging made the song more impressive than expressive.

 

i watched the idols while ago. she looks pretty cute in there. very clean and decent.

 

and what? she will sing 6 songs on AI tomorrow? i thought she'll just sing Bye Bye...

Edited by dhena
Posted
likewise nikos. i just adore her vocals there. very unhuman! give me Never Too Far anyday. love that song so much. Mine Again is ok, but the oversinging made the song more impressive than expressive.

 

i watched the idols while ago. she looks pretty cute in there. very clean and decent.

 

and what? she will sing 6 songs on AI tomorrow? i thought she'll just sing Bye Bye...

 

No no... I meant that she'll sing 6 songs on her BET Special that is tonight and will sing Bye Bye on Idol which is also tonight.

Posted
Can't wait for the AI performance!
Posted

From http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003790509 :

With Huge First Day, Mariah On Track For No. 1 Debut

 

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Mariah Carey looks certain to debut at No. 1 on next week's Billboard 200 with "E=MC2," based on massive first-day sales from the nine chains that report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart.

 

Unweighted sales for the Island Def Jam album are at 154,000 units on the report released today (April 16). That's more than five times the total garnered by the current chart-topper, Leona Lewis' "Spirit" (Syco/J).

 

By comparison, Carrie Underwood's "Carnival Ride" (Arista Nashville) had first-day sales of 150,000 and wound up shifting 527,000 in its first week.

 

Billboard estimates that the merchants who report to the Building Chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Starbucks, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Border's, Target, Anderson Merchandisers, and Handleman Co. -- represent 80% of the U.S. retail market.

 

Carey's last release, 2005's "The Emancipation of Mimi," debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 404,000 copies.

Posted
On other news, "Touch My Body" is dethroned from the Hot 100 by Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love." Leona jumps 2-1, while TMB plummets to number 5. "Bye Bye" is expected to make a high debut on next week's chart.
Posted
Stay in love is NOT a POWER ballad. Nice song, but not POWER. Infact no power in the whole album. It' s the only song I like on the album though. .Glad I didnt buy it . She's changed.
Posted (edited)
this album may triple the sales of TC, and it's not a good feeling at all on my part. TC is a solid effort that deserves a proper single and promotion. if only celine cared for her album...... it's really frustrating to know that TC's first week sales is just the 1st day sales of ANDHC... Edited by dhena
Posted
Just got my copy today and i have to say, Im in love! Wasn't sure if id like it, but Touch my Body stuck in my head and then hearing That Chick on the hills... made me buy it. Its just do damn catchy! I stay in Love is prob one of my faves from it though.
Posted
i wonder what are the bonus materials of the deluxe edition of E=MC2?
Posted (edited)

My Review

 

- The cover – Very nice pic, maybe one of my fav, but is very similar with previews albums like #’1s

- The booklet poor in pics, no pics inside

- The back cover good enough

 

 

SONGS:

Migrate – Very nice song, radio friendly. My fav at first listening

Touch my body – nothing to say about the song and the clip makes me suck

Cruise control – A little bouring its like “Its like that” second part

I stay in love – reminds me BLEEDING LOVE – Leona Lewis, Very radio song

Side Destects – I don’t like it, I will left it for later

I’m that chick – Very dance song, a remix will hits the dance floors

Love Story – We belong together parte 2

I’ll be lovin u long – Mine Again parte 2

Last kiss – Very nice song – I wish you You Knew part 2

Thanks 4 nothing – To the floor parte 2 mixed with heartbreaker

O C C – To the floor parte 3 mixed with we belong together – but I like it

For the record – Nice ballad – I like the Chorus

Bye bye - bad choice for second single, no the best song in the album

I wish you well – Fly Like a bird parte 2, but with more rhythm – one of my favorites

 

Butterfly will be always my favourite

Edited by celinesounds

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
TMB down 4 notches to #5 (giving way to Bye Bye LOL!), while Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love climbs back again to #1. her album Spirit also debuted at #1 this week!
Posted
TMB down 4 notches to #5 (giving way to Bye Bye LOL!), while Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love climbs back again to #1. her album Spirit also debuted at #1 this week!

 

I don't care about TMB anymore :sofunny: I'm exited about the album on Billboard Hot 200. It looks like it's going to be her biggest opening week.

The BET Special was great. I can't believe she sang WBT 100 % live :blink: This is very rare. Even the last note was live. It was a nice special.

 

YOU TUBE LINKS

 

Commercial: WATCH HERE

Migrate and Touch My Body: WATCH HERE

We Belong Together : WATCH HERE

Shake It Off and Love Story: WATCH HERE

 

*That Chick* wasn't broadcasted :-/

 

The Idol performance was cool too: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...performan_music

 

She looks great here :clap:

Posted
I downloaded the bonus tracks and I found a third bonus track "I Feel It"....What is this?
Posted

the AI performance was PHENOMENAL!!! i watched it with my mom and mariah WOWed us! she looked very sexy and 'classy'. her voice is fine, but it's a shame she used playback in the last part. but the whole performance is great nevertheless.

 

about her sales, i think she can beat celine's best opening week with sales of more than 500,000 copies of ANDHC.

Posted
mariah did lipped the last part, like celine always does everytime she performs TPOL & TLYM. LOL
Posted
I downloaded the bonus tracks and I found a third bonus track "I Feel It"....What is this?

 

''I Feel It'' is an outtake from TEOM. It's an unrealised track that leaked in June 2007. It was supposted to be in the album insted of Joy Ride.

Posted
Yeah she lipped the end of Bye Bye but she also sang a few lines from the belting live and actually sounded very good. She needs more confidence in her voice.
Posted
i'm not sure if this was posted or not but

 

 

Mariah Carey's radio tantrum

 

Mariah Carey hung up during a radio interview following a dispute over her record sales.

 

The singer appeared to hastily end the conversation yesterday, when BBC Radio 1 DJ Reggie Yates suggested she had only sold 80 million albums worldwide.

 

Just before the phone went dead, Mariah said: "Is that the right quote? I don't know. I have to ask someone I don't know if that is accurate."

 

Reggie said: "I think she took that as an insult. That is how the conversation ended with me and Mariah! She took 80 million albums as an insult. She is mad cool."

 

Mariah has sold around 165 million records worldwide, and is the second-best selling female artist of all time behind Celine Dion.

 

The interview had started well, with Mariah laughing and joking and speaking in a British accent.

 

She happily talked about her favourite movies, her new single Touch My Body and her upcoming album E=MC2.

 

This is old news. Mariah has visited the BBC after she heard, what happened. She thought Reggie ended the conversation, because she wanted to ask someone about the sales. So it was just a misunderstanding. If you listen to the interview, you can hear that Mariah is very cool and relaxed.

 

It's a shame people only pick up the first part of the news and "forget" about the explaining... More shame that people believe this kind of stuff...

Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Posted
My Review

 

 

 

SONGS:

 

I’ll be lovin u long – Mine Again parte 2

 

:hmm: :hmm: are you sure? they have nothing in common. I'll be lovin u long time is an up-tempo, Mine Again is a slow soul ballad. :ermm:

Posted
there's no mariah ballad moment in any song in here. i must say, my favorites are I Stay in Love, Bye Bye, I Wish You Well, I'm That Chick and Love Story. some songs are yet to be loved as they are too rnb for my taste. and the rappers! she should not work with them again! a lot of people loves Migrate, but yeah the song gives me MIGRAINE!!! LOL! i don't like it. what's going on with her whistle in the beginning of the song? can't believe that's her! this is definitely mariah's version of janet's discipline. and i believe this is mariah's very first studio album that opens with a song that is not a single. (Vision of Love, Emotions, Dreamlover, Fantasy, Honey, Heartbreaker, Loverboy, Through the Rain, It's Like That- all of these are singles, and they happened to be the album's openning track).
Posted

ok time for my personal track by track review:

 

Migrate- 5/10 - don't like it... bad introduction!

 

Touch My Body- 8/10 - this song grew on me. love it!

 

Cruise Control- 8/10 - not my favorite but it's nice to hear her sing that style. mariah is taking chances! LOL

 

I Stay in Love- 9/10 - another WBT-ish and DFAU-ish. but hey i love it! her adlibs are amazing!

 

Side Effects- 6/10 - nice beat, but the raps killed it big time!

 

I'm That Chick- 9/10 - classic disco style channeling Off the Wall and Burn this Disco Out by the great Michael Jackson. still prefer the live version though.

 

Love Story- 9/10 - classic rnb mariah. love the chorus. Jermaine Dupri should've left mariah alone in this one! his 'uh' 'yeah' adlibs are annoying!

 

I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time- 6/10 - nothing special. forgetable.

 

Last Kiss- 6/10 - again, flat and forgetable.

 

Thanx 4 Nothin' - 7.5/10 - mariah stop immitating janet by using a text message style of titles for cutesy sake! nice chest voice.

 

O.O.C. - 6/10 - kinda reminds me of I Miss You. that 'forever' adlibs saved the song for being too terrible.

 

For the Record - 7/10 - just OK. love the beat, but forgetable.

 

Bye Bye - 10/10 - One Sweet Day in a DFAU beat. nice, but very formulaic. still love it! a potential #1.

 

I Wish You Well - 10/10 - a classic mariah. sounds a lot like Vanishing with a very spiritual theme.

 

 

Cover/Booklet- booo! mariah album with only 2 pictures? no way! hate it! good thing is, all lyrics are included.

Packaging- nice that it is in a jewel case. not planning to buy the deluxe edition on a digipak!

Sound Quality- clear! well produced!

Posted
the AI performance was PHENOMENAL!!! i watched it with my mom and mariah WOWed us! she looked very sexy and 'classy'. her voice is fine, but it's a shame she used playback in the last part. but the whole performance is great nevertheless.

 

about her sales, i think she can beat celine's best opening week with sales of more than 500,000 copies of ANDHC.

 

 

totally agree, i think this week's idol is one of my favorite this season so far! i am totally in love with David Cook's version of "always be my baby" it is just totally hot! OMG!!!

 

but i dont agree with you about her look tho, for me, she always doesnt look rite, i dunno, maybe her personality or sth, she looks a bit "slutty" if i can say thi, and when she was promoting the album in UK, OMG, u should read the press here, she is such a diva!!! totaly wrong, she even hang up the phone on BBC cuz they made a mistake on her sals... i mean wtf...

 

and the new album is doing great in the states, i beleive the first week's sales will be around half a million, well i do like her songs, but not "her" , she is just too much drama!

Posted
i agree. i saw her way back 2004 here in the philippines. the same complains had surfaced the whole country. her being so diva-ish, the team is so demanding and arrogant. but its ok. that's her.
Posted

not only to mention how diva she is! but also this week's idol performance she was gonna perform live" touch my body", but in the rundown before the show, she cant even perform the song well, apparently she claims " the song is too quick", give me a break, she recored this song for the fxxx sake!

 

seriously!!! i just find her so fake, love some of her songs, but def. not the person!

Posted
you're very right. but we still have to applause her. she's a real talent and one heck of a vocalist in the early 90's. she's a brilliant songwriter and not to mention, a very bankable artist even today.
Posted
not only to mention how diva she is! but also this week's idol performance she was gonna perform live" touch my body", but in the rundown before the show, she cant even perform the song well, apparently she claims " the song is too quick", give me a break, she recored this song for the fxxx sake!

 

seriously!!! i just find her so fake, love some of her songs, but def. not the person!

 

You are dead wrong with everything you wrote in this post... ]

She has never said she is gonna perform ''Touch My Body'' at Idol. Even during a radio interview at the end of March she said she is gonna perform the second single at Idol so I don't know where you got this from... And she never said the song is too quick. These are complete bulls*its. I'm sorry but I don't know where you read/heard this. I think you must check your sources.

Posted

EDIT:

 

Migrate - 5/10 - don't like it... bad introduction!

Touch My Body- 8/10 - this song grew on me. love it!

Cruise Control- 8/10 - not my favorite but it's nice to hear her sing that style. mariah is taking chances! LOL

I Stay in Love- 9/10 - another WBT-ish and DFAU-ish. but hey i love it! her adlibs are amazing!

Side Effects- 6/10 - nice beat, but the raps killed it big time!

I'm That Chick- 9/10 - classic disco style channeling Off the Wall and Burn this Disco Out by the great Michael Jackson. still prefer the live version though.

Love Story- 9/10 - classic rnb mariah. love the chorus. Jermaine Dupri should've left mariah alone in this one! his 'uh' 'yeah' adlibs are annoying!

I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time- 6/10 - nothing special. forgetable.

Last Kiss- 6/10 - again, flat and forgetable. could've been better if the adlibs are not predictable.

Thanx 4 Nothin' - 7.5/10 - mariah stop immitating janet by using a text message style of titles for cutesy sake! nice chest voice.

O.O.C. - 6/10 - kinda reminds me of I Miss You. that 'forever' adlibs saved the song for being too terrible.

For the Record - 7/10 - just OK. love the beat, but forgetable.

Bye Bye - 10/10 - One Sweet Day in a DFAU beat. nice, but very formulaic. still love it! a potential #1.

I Wish You Well - 10/10 - a classic mariah. sounds a lot like Vanishing with a very spiritual theme. a mariah in the 1990. love it!

 

 

Cover/Booklet- booo! mariah album with only 2 pictures? no way! hate it! good thing is, all lyrics are included.

Packaging- nice that it is in a jewel case. not planning to buy the deluxe edition on a digipak! iPod skin and fold out poster is definitely not worth it to buy another copy.

Sound Quality- clear! well produced!

 

OVERALL ALBUM: 8/10 not bad, but a little rushed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...