AtitanicfanofCelineDion Posted February 24, 2009 at 02:49 AM Posted February 24, 2009 at 02:49 AM make this night really special for Celine. let her know how much she will be missed. Quote "When you want it the most there's no easy way out, when you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt, don't give up on your faith, love comes to those who believe it, and thats the way it is." Celine Dion
CelineGAfan Posted February 24, 2009 at 03:00 AM Posted February 24, 2009 at 03:00 AM 'Operation Balloon Frenzy' for those who may not have read the Omaha fan meeting thread.. we are trying to arrage and huge balloon surprise at the end of MHWGO. Thanks to the red heads for pulling this off in Montreal! I wish I could think of something else to do since it has been done before but its just difficult to find enough of something that is cheap and can make an impact. So... The plan is to pass out as many balloons to EVERYONE in the stadium.. floor, lower level and upper level seats. They will blow them up during MHWGO and wave them.. then when she finished the song.. throw them up in the air.. Hopefully everyone will keep popping them up in the air, maybe land some on stage and make it look like the millenium concert!! If anyone has ANY suggestions.. PLEASE let it out! =) If everyone went and bought balloons and helped in passing this out, it could really be pulled off. Brittany made 200 flyers explaining the plan to make it a little easier on us. The plan was to just pass one out at the end of a row with a hand full of balloons, have that person read it, take a balloon and pass it down! This should make our jobs easier and more realistic to reach the whole arena! IF ANYONE can make some flyers too, that would help! You can fit about 4 flyers on one peice of paper and then just cut them up! That way its also easier to get INTO the arena with them! Here's is what is typed on the others .. HELP SURPRISE CELINE!!Please join the rest of the arena by blowing up a balloon during the final song: My Heart Will Go On. Then, when Celine sings her last note of this song, we will all wave and throw the balloons in the air. Celine will notice a sea of balloons and know this last show is truly a celebration! Don't forget and pass the word! =) Please let us know if you're willing to help so we know about how many balloons are being bought.. also, where your section is so we know which ones are being covered. Are you willing to try to cover 2 sections? SO FAR: Brittany and Chelsey- Section N3 can also do N2 and N1Elisa and Dodie - section W2 (maybe W1 too) Chelsea - section E1 (maybe E2 too)Sarah, Marne, and Jennifer- Section S1, S2, and S3 I know others are willing to participate but I just dont know where your seats are.. let us know! =) YES! Everyone that will be there, please join in and help spread the word!! I will be more than happy to pass the flyers / ballons out in Section W1 too!!! We HAVE to make this a very special, memorable, unforgettable show for Celine!!! As of right now, I have 216 ballons to hand out (more to come ....) See you all in OMAHA!! Elisa Quote "THE POWER OF THE DREAM"
jmm29 Posted February 24, 2009 at 04:10 AM Posted February 24, 2009 at 04:10 AM (edited) So TicketExchange is being mean, I MIGHT still be in 121 ... so.. we may have a catwalk section covered (that is if those tickets even come on time). Edited February 24, 2009 at 04:13 AM by jmm29 Quote Jennifer
Koolan Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:08 AM Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:08 AM I thought I'll repost what Edwin wrote in the Omaha meeting thread: The following press release was issued to local ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox affiliates as well as the Omaha World Herald. There is a staff writer who is really good about writing articles about Celine, inlcuding the one from Monday! After touring in South Africa, Japan, China, Australia, United Kingdom,France, Germany and Canada superstar Celine Dion will conclude her2008-2009 Taking Chances World Tour at Omaha’s Qwest Center on February26th. Celine's biggest fans will come together on Feb 26th at 5PM towelcome Celine as she enters the Qwest Center. These devoted Celine fans hope this major event will receive the highestmedia attention it deserves. Some of the fans that will take part of thisgathering have seen Celine perform overseas and will now make the journeyto the Big O for the final show. Some of the fans have already appeared onmajor news outlets including the Oprah Winfrey Show. Celine's biggest fanswould be overjoyed at being able to get close to Celine in anywaypossible. Celine will get a big welcome for her final stop, and you areinvited to be there.I sent that today at 12:42PM (I wanted to make sure it was really current and that it wouldn't be forgotten about) Anyways tonight Vic shows me this link that Christine showed him!!!: http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/40234727.htmlWrite a comment about this event!!! Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
anewdayhascome Posted February 25, 2009 at 07:39 AM Posted February 25, 2009 at 07:39 AM have fun and good luck!i can't believe it's the last show! I already miss the tour!!!! wish i could be with you:)Give Celine as much as you can:D Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Edwin Posted February 25, 2009 at 02:27 PM Author Posted February 25, 2009 at 02:27 PM (edited) For those of you coming to Omaha for tomorrow's show the high will be around 40F and more like 20F later in the night. There is a strong chance of rain and or light snow. FYI: We need 10 more comments to get into The Most Discussed articles! Come on and post a little something. http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/40234727.html C-e-l-i-n-e!!!! :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: :maniac: Edited February 25, 2009 at 02:35 PM by Edwin Quote
reamary Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:17 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:17 PM Ooh noh, I'm getting emotional. I Can't believe the tour is coming to it's end! It would be amazing to be there!! Well have fun there all of you who can attend the show, make the night special and let Céline know how MUCH she will be missed! Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
jmm29 Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:18 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:18 PM I have 144 balloons!!! and 130 flyers made!!!!! AND I LEAVE IN 3 HOURS!!!!!! ps - bring those umbrellas!! Quote Jennifer
nano Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:27 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 03:27 PM (edited) I have 144 balloons!!! and 130 flyers made!!!!! AND I LEAVE IN 3 HOURS!!!!!! :spaz: Edited February 25, 2009 at 03:27 PM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
iloveceline22 Posted February 25, 2009 at 04:47 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 04:47 PM omggg i cant believe the day has comeeeee!!!!!! its all mixed emotions for me!!!! i wish i was there with you guyss!!!!! pleaseeeeeee anyone whos going join the balloon surprise! i want to see Celine the happiest shes ever been! cmon guysssss!! woot woot! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
hazard211 Posted February 25, 2009 at 05:45 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 05:45 PM I just got to Omaha and even though its pretty small I am TOTALLY ready for tomorrow day/night! Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/aajdd1452/Celine-Dion-ps18.jpgPhenomenal Woman
WindyCityCelineFan Posted February 25, 2009 at 06:31 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 06:31 PM OMG! Can't believe the tour has reached the final show already...seems like it just began. Wish I could have been there for the final concert, but for those of you lucky enough to be there, have fun and pass along love to Celine for the many fans that can't be there. I will be anxiously awaiting the videos and pics from the show as well as the many reviews. Quote
nano Posted February 25, 2009 at 06:55 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 06:55 PM (edited) 1 show left Have fun my friends!!! Edited February 25, 2009 at 06:55 PM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
celinestar Posted February 25, 2009 at 07:32 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 07:32 PM I really can't believe this is the last show, it honestly seems lke a few weeks ago i sat there checking the computer for the setlist in the opening show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though i just wanted to take this opportunity to say that it has been a pleasure checking this forum for all of the news from all of you lovely people from all the shows all over the world.It really has been an amazing tour and I thank all of you so much for all the pictures and news from every single show!! I really don't know what it is going to be like with no more shows after this one I really don't want the tour to end although Celine does deserve a lovely rest. Have fun every one at this show I wish I could be there Quote Wembley Stadium - July 10th 199960th Birthday Party for BAFTA - October 28th 2007 (I met Celine on this day!!!!!)o2 Arena- May 6th 2008NIA Birmingham- May 10th 2008
artistman2007 Posted February 25, 2009 at 08:04 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 08:04 PM i hope olso that she makes a surprise in her last show maybe a beautiful new dress for mhwgo something new i dont know but i hope so Quote
KimboCosmo Posted February 25, 2009 at 08:45 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 08:45 PM I just bought a front row ticket for this... I couldn't pass it up...it was SUCH a good deal! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow night! We will be driving alllllllllll nighttttttttttt longggggggggg to get there! Everyone say a prayer for me, when I call into work tomorrow and Friday Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Thomas Posted February 25, 2009 at 08:50 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 08:50 PM i hope olso that she makes a surprise in her last showI hope she turns up. Could you imagine? SURPRISE!! The last show was actually Denver! Quote
stevo Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:19 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:19 PM How much fun we've all had over this last year!! It'll be sad to see it over but exciting too Quote
concertjunkie Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:19 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:19 PM Chels, Brit, Kim, Katelyn, Elisa (and anyone else who joined the Omaha Caravan), be safe on your road trip.....that's a loooooonng drive!!!! Everyone has to help keep each other awake!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I am SO EXCITED for all of you.....it will be such a fun road trip!!!! You'll look back on these memories for years to come. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!! Wish I were going with you but at least I can re-live it all through your eyes!! I'll be eagerly awaiting reviews and videos/pictures. Live it up since this will be the last one for a while!!! To all others who are traveling to this show: be safe and have a fabulous time! You will all be in my prayers for a safe arrival!! I have no doubt that you all will make Celine feel the love in every corner of the venue!!! I hope you all get a surprise or two during this last show!! The fan gathering there should be awesome!! I can only imagine how long some of you have waited to meet each other!!! This is a fantastic place to make new friends with a common interest!! I have soooo enjoyed getting to meet new friends here!!!! I'm sure Omaha will be very welcoming to all of you and the forum will be well represented there!! As you all eagerly await Celine's arrival at the Center, I do hope she stops and gives some fan interaction!! That would be a perfect beginning of the final show of the Tour!!! Enjoy. Hugs,Sandra Quote "When you see a live artist, every night is different. We make jokes, we dance differently, we cry sometimes. Sometimes we suffer and when we suffer we are naked and they've never seen you before like that and they respond". ----Celine "They go crazy for you because they know you're true. People are very honest when they come to see their favorite artist but when they see something very special and unique about you, something that they didn't expect, they're willing to give another 10 years of their love to you". ----Celine
stevo Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:19 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:19 PM How much fun we've all had over this last year!! It'll be sad to see it over but exciting too Quote
Edwin Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:21 PM Author Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:21 PM (edited) Thomas for your comment. I hope you knocked on wood after that! Anyways: Barnev Valsaint is in Omaha for the last show so *raspberries* hahaha I can't stop thinking Omaha, really? I've still not processed this fully, lol. But yay for me Edited February 25, 2009 at 09:23 PM by Edwin Quote
Cruisetan7 Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:26 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:26 PM Yes that will be a long drive I wish you all luck and that the weather cooperates with you! Quote
Thomas Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:29 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:29 PM I can't stop thinking Omaha, really? I've still not processed this fully, lol. But yay for me Well, to be honest, I think Montreal gets it's fair share of Celine. It's time for somewhere else to get to host a big event and I'm sure Omaha is up to the job. You just all scream like crazy and show her you guys are just as good to perform to for a final show as anyone else. Quote
Edwin Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:33 PM Author Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:33 PM Awh that's really sweet Thomas. Most people have just put down Omaha as if it's our fault the show is ending here. But you can bet your british that Celine will get the biggest welcome from ME at least And i know the rest of Operation Celine is up to it too! I know what I'm doing after work today Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:45 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:45 PM Hey kids, Since tomorrow is the last concert, Celine might do something special for the crowd so have your cameras ready to record it, ok Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
KimboCosmo Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:49 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:49 PM You betcha...I'm ready with all 6 memory cards and brand new batteries lol Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
autumnskies00 Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:50 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:50 PM has the roadtrip started? Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
cdawg72956 Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:50 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 09:50 PM Okay that was cute! Just wanted to say have a great show you guys! I can't wait to hear the reviews. I also wanted to thank everyone for being warm and very welcoming to me and for all the great stories along the way Can't wait for more to come! Quote
KimboCosmo Posted February 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM No, the roadtrip doesn't start until about 11pm tonight LOL...oh wow, we are going to be soooooo tired! We'll try our best to keep you updated...if we stop somewhere with Wi-Fi then we'll hop on real quick... Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
autumnskies00 Posted February 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM Posted February 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM No, the roadtrip doesn't start until about 11pm tonight LOL...oh wow, we are going to be soooooo tired! We'll try our best to keep you updated...if we stop somewhere with Wi-Fi then we'll hop on real quick... Woa, that is late! I'm sure you all will have enough excitement to keep each other up. Stay safe! Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.