nati Posted February 18, 2009 at 03:56 AM Posted February 18, 2009 at 03:56 AM i'm just happy that i was able to see her perform again and i was able to say goodbye in my own way...i think this going to be it for a lot longer than there saying. She deserves a good break. Maybe things will calm down with people following her home now that the tour is over and she can get out of the public eye Quote Thanks Celine for the great memories. I will never forget you
buckeyefan Posted February 18, 2009 at 05:22 AM Posted February 18, 2009 at 05:22 AM Just noticed Celine's jet is currently over South Dakota on its way to Las Vegas. I wonder what goes through her mind as she moves towards the last 4 concerts and leaving behind her insane schedule she has lived this past year. To all those going, enjoy the last 4 shows to the max! It's going to be a long year and a half (at least) coming up! 5 minutes till touch down in Vegas! Quote
essence5 Posted February 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM Posted February 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM Hi all, Ok, I think I did something very crazy, but I bought tickets to see the Omaha concert!!! I can't wait for the show!!! Does anyone from the forum want to meet up before the event to catch Celine drive in?? Let me know Quote On ne change pas.... c'est tres vrai, Celine, en particulier pour toi...http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/epic/celinedion/0302_celine_dion_c_older.jpg J'irai chercher ton coeur si tu l'emportes ailleurs......" ~Pour que tu m'aimes encore~
hazard211 Posted February 18, 2009 at 10:30 PM Posted February 18, 2009 at 10:30 PM Hi all, Ok, I think I did something very crazy, but I bought tickets to see the Omaha concert!!! I can't wait for the show!!! Does anyone from the forum want to meet up before the event to catch Celine drive in?? Let me know http://www.celinedionforum.com/Omaha-Fan-Meeting-t39925.html Operation Celine is all there I.E. the meet up!! Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/aajdd1452/Celine-Dion-ps18.jpgPhenomenal Woman
JCeline85 Posted February 19, 2009 at 05:05 AM Posted February 19, 2009 at 05:05 AM Hi all, Ok, I think I did something very crazy, but I bought tickets to see the Omaha concert!!! I can't wait for the show!!! Does anyone from the forum want to meet up before the event to catch Celine drive in?? Let me know that's not crazy that's awesome!!! The more the better!! ONE MORE WEEK!!! AHHHHH!!! :whee: :clap: Quote The Wait Is Over?
KimboCosmo Posted February 19, 2009 at 05:23 AM Posted February 19, 2009 at 05:23 AM I can't believe all the places I've been to, just in less than a month and a half...and now all these states we will be going through to get to Omaha! WOW...I could do this year round! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Chellbie Posted February 19, 2009 at 03:47 PM Posted February 19, 2009 at 03:47 PM it would be VERY COOL if they would set up the banner for us! I could see it hanging from the top part of the lower level seating! Its totally possible.. someone wanna call the arena and check that out? SEEE if its possible! its the last one and Celine needs to feel like we are happy for her break and will miss her! it needs to be different than the usual "i love you" .. =) Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
Edwin Posted February 19, 2009 at 04:04 PM Author Posted February 19, 2009 at 04:04 PM In one week I will finally get to hear her say, Is that alright Omaha? What a treat to look forward too. Quote
JCeline85 Posted February 19, 2009 at 05:12 PM Posted February 19, 2009 at 05:12 PM it would be VERY COOL if they would set up the banner for us! I could see it hanging from the top part of the lower level seating! Its totally possible.. someone wanna call the arena and check that out? SEEE if its possible! its the last one and Celine needs to feel like we are happy for her break and will miss her! it needs to be different than the usual "i love you" .. =) i agree with you.. we need to have something big for her. I will e-mail the qwest center and see what i can find out. Are we thinking of making this banner ourselves? Also, i was thinking that since most of us are on the floor maybe as a group we could all go up to the stage at once at some point and giver her gifts (if anyone is giving her anything). I have an aisle seat and would be able to go up to the stage without a problem.. i'm just really shy though and would probably start crying :\ Quote The Wait Is Over?
huskerz2 Posted February 19, 2009 at 07:47 PM Posted February 19, 2009 at 07:47 PM Hi Everyone I am the one who won the Meet and Greet with Celine in Omaha. I am actually from Lincoln and I am coming with a group so I won't be able to meet up with anyone :-( My friends are giving me a very hard time about this but they are very happy and excited about it. As far as I know I cannot take pictures or ask for autographs! Gotta Go for Now (job is calling :-) huskerz2 Quote
essence5 Posted February 19, 2009 at 07:54 PM Posted February 19, 2009 at 07:54 PM Hey guys, Does anyone have any idea as the where Celine will stay? Are there many 5-star hotels in Omaha? Also, when should we expect her to arrive at the Omaha airport? One week left!!! Quote On ne change pas.... c'est tres vrai, Celine, en particulier pour toi...http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/epic/celinedion/0302_celine_dion_c_older.jpg J'irai chercher ton coeur si tu l'emportes ailleurs......" ~Pour que tu m'aimes encore~
Edwin Posted February 19, 2009 at 08:03 PM Author Posted February 19, 2009 at 08:03 PM Wow congrats huskerz2 on winning the meet and greet! Nebraska is really feeling the love from Celine It's great to see a fellow Husker win such a wonderful prize! Celine won't be staying in Omaha. What she will probably do is fly back and forth for the final concerts in San Jose, Salt Lake, Denver aned Omaha and stay in Vegas. She will arrive at a small private airport like the Council Bluffs Airport one and not Eppley. I will post information later today when I have time to compose my thoughts into something coherent (right now I am uber excited ) But the plan for us welcoming her to Omaha will occur at the Qwest Center. I suggest everyone be there by 4:45. This helps in case she arrives early as she has done a few times. 75% of the concerts I've gone to so far she doesn't arrive til 5:30ish tho. And Darren no this isn't really an autograph I own! I soo wish I had a signed copy of ANDHC since it's my fav English album, but I currently don't. Quote
Cruisetan7 Posted February 19, 2009 at 09:09 PM Posted February 19, 2009 at 09:09 PM WOW Husker that is great! I am sure all of you will have a blast!!! Hope it is all you want it to be!!! GOOD LUCK!!! Quote
Chellbie Posted February 20, 2009 at 12:50 AM Posted February 20, 2009 at 12:50 AM great job Husker! no, no cameras! =( but they are pretty good about getting the pictures back to you nice and quick! take it all in, it will go by sooo fast! =) Edwin, whats the weather like there right now? atleast we will have plenty of people for body warmth! =) Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
Chellbie Posted February 20, 2009 at 12:55 AM Posted February 20, 2009 at 12:55 AM HEY- Pass on the word.. I have TWO tickets to sell for this show! they are side by side, Section 219 Row E seats 17 and 18 !!! So just 5th row from the top mezz! Not too shabby! 80$ for both! =) c'mon.. someone buy them! =) =) Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
iloveceline22 Posted February 20, 2009 at 01:47 AM Posted February 20, 2009 at 01:47 AM i cant deal with thissss!!! ahhhh!!! im gonna miss Celine so much! and i just wish a miracle could happen...so i could meet all of you guys and finally be with people who share the same love for celine! have fun everyoneee! make me prowd! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
Koolan Posted February 22, 2009 at 04:33 AM Posted February 22, 2009 at 04:33 AM Do you think there will be Canadian media there? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Edwin Posted February 22, 2009 at 04:36 AM Author Posted February 22, 2009 at 04:36 AM Edwin, whats the weather like there right now? atleast we will have plenty of people for body warmth! =)Cold Forecast for Thursday is Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the low teens. Canadian media? Don't know about that. I'm sure there will be local media there Quote
Bellamy Posted February 22, 2009 at 05:14 AM Posted February 22, 2009 at 05:14 AM Canadian media? Don't know about that. I'm sure there will be local media there Make sure you record the news. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
jmm29 Posted February 22, 2009 at 09:10 AM Posted February 22, 2009 at 09:10 AM Chelsea and I are SOOO excited! We have a top-secret suprise for both Celine and the Forum!! Quote Jennifer
chelsea9187 Posted February 22, 2009 at 09:12 AM Posted February 22, 2009 at 09:12 AM yes we do!!! and it's going to be awesome! Quote
CellyDee87 Posted February 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM Posted February 22, 2009 at 10:14 AM Ohhhh Can't wait to hear about it Quote
hellmeister Posted February 22, 2009 at 05:38 PM Posted February 22, 2009 at 05:38 PM Chelsea and I are SOOO excited! We have a top-secret suprise for both Celine and the Forum!! Wahhhh!?!?!?! i Lurv surprises!!!!!!!!! Quote
No1IrishFan Posted February 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM Posted February 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM Chelsea and I are SOOO excited! We have a top-secret suprise for both Celine and the Forum!! Tiny small clue?!!!! Quote
Koolan Posted February 23, 2009 at 02:15 AM Posted February 23, 2009 at 02:15 AM Chelsea and I are SOOO excited! We have a top-secret suprise for both Celine and the Forum!! Really? Chelsea, don't be shy about posting more often here Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
stevethefan Posted February 23, 2009 at 03:37 PM Posted February 23, 2009 at 03:37 PM Wow I can't believe this is the last show of the tour. I guess it had to end SOME time.I can't wait to see that the surprise is going to be. Quote
JCeline85 Posted February 23, 2009 at 05:03 PM Posted February 23, 2009 at 05:03 PM this was in the omaha world herald and thought i'd share!! New concerts bring a bit of Sin City to the PlainsBY KEVIN COFFEYWORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER Most people don't see Omaha as the Vegas of the Plains. Céline Dion is but the latest performer to bring her Vegas credentials to the Omaha area.On the Strip in that hot desert city, visitors expect to see bright lights, flashy limousines and high-rolling gamblers. On the streets of Omaha, well, not so much. That changes a little next week when Céline Dion brings a bit of Las Vegas to the Midlands with a show at the Qwest Center Omaha. Reviewers say the diva's show re-creates the glitz and glitter of her long-running Vegas extravaganza on a slightly smaller scale. For many people, Dion's show will be reminiscent of the heydays of the Ak-Sar-Ben Coliseum, when big name Vegas entertainers such as Frank Sinatra, Wayne Newton, Liberace and Jerry Lewis performed glittery shows. Dion's Thursday performance will feature multiple fancy costumes, an elaborate stage setup, several backup singers and a group of choreographed dancers. A reviewer from the Edmonton (Canada) Journal said it "borrows heavily from her Cirque du Soleil casino stage act, incorporating rising areas for her band, as well as trapdoors and sliding platforms for her many dancers." Dion's tenure in Vegas lasted five years and more than 700 performances, grossing more than $400 million. More than 3 million people saw the show. "It was awesome," said Susie Smith, 24, who saw Dion in Vegas three years ago. "I loved it. I took my friend who likes hip-hop and stuff. It's not her type of music, and she even loved it." Smith, a Creighton University student, loved Dion's extravagant costumes, the choreography for the backup dancers and the soloists from the band. "The show isn't just a concert. It's like Cirque du Soleil, and that was just as cool as Céline," she said. " That kind of glitz - albeit on a smaller scale - lived near 72nd and Pacific Streets when Ak-Sar-Ben offered a series of membership shows each year until 1995. "You name the stars, and they were at Ak-Sar-Ben," said Tim Schmad, president of the Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben from 1982 to 1999. Ak-Sar-Ben put on two or three shows per year for people who paid a small membership fee - $10 to $30, depending on the year. Membership was cheap because Ak-Sar-Ben's substantial horse racing revenue subsidized the tickets. Performers would come to town for up to a week and perform every night. "Today, to bring in Bill Cosby for a week would be cost-prohibitive," said Schmad, now executive director of the Omaha Community Playhouse. "In many ways, Ak-Sar-Ben was unique, and this was one of those many ways." Sinatra gave his last Omaha performance in 1994 - he died a few years later - and Tony Bennett gave the very last performance for members at Ak-Sar-Ben in 1995, the same year that live racing ended. "Every era has its stars," Schmad said. "Obviously, the stars being brought into the Qwest Center now are every bit as good in their time as our stars were in our time." With her coming show at the Qwest Center, Dion is sure to delight her fans. "She's such a good performer and such a good entertainer," Smith said. "Céline Dion is talent." Quote The Wait Is Over?
Chellbie Posted February 23, 2009 at 05:07 PM Posted February 23, 2009 at 05:07 PM 'Operation Balloon Frenzy' for those who may not have read the Omaha fan meeting thread.. we are trying to arrage and huge balloon surprise at the end of MHWGO. Thanks to the red heads for pulling this off in Montreal! I wish I could think of something else to do since it has been done before but its just difficult to find enough of something that is cheap and can make an impact. So... The plan is to pass out as many balloons to EVERYONE in the stadium.. floor, lower level and upper level seats. They will blow them up during MHWGO and wave them.. then when she finished the song.. throw them up in the air.. Hopefully everyone will keep popping them up in the air, maybe land some on stage and make it look like the millenium concert!! If anyone has ANY suggestions.. PLEASE let it out! =) If everyone went and bought balloons and helped in passing this out, it could really be pulled off. Brittany made 200 flyers explaining the plan to make it a little easier on us. The plan was to just pass one out at the end of a row with a hand full of balloons, have that person read it, take a balloon and pass it down! This should make our jobs easier and more realistic to reach the whole arena! IF ANYONE can make some flyers too, that would help! You can fit about 4 flyers on one peice of paper and then just cut them up! That way its also easier to get INTO the arena with them! Here's is what is typed on the others .. HELP SURPRISE CELINE!!Please join the rest of the arena by blowing up a balloon during the final song: My Heart Will Go On. Then, when Celine sings her last note of this song, we will all wave and throw the balloons in the air. Celine will notice a sea of balloons and know this last show is truly a celebration! Don't forget and pass the word! =) Please let us know if you're willing to help so we know about how many balloons are being bought.. also, where your section is so we know which ones are being covered. Are you willing to try to cover 2 sections? SO FAR: Brittany and Chelsey- Section N3 can also do N2 and N1Elisa and Dodie - section W2 (maybe W1 too) Chelsea - section E1 (maybe E2 too)Sarah, Marne, and Jennifer- Section S1, S2, and S3 I know others are willing to participate but I just dont know where your seats are.. let us know! =) Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
Edwin Posted February 23, 2009 at 05:09 PM Author Posted February 23, 2009 at 05:09 PM I hope this is in the proper newspaper tonight *looks up Susie Smith in the directory* Quote
celine_rox Posted February 24, 2009 at 02:23 AM Posted February 24, 2009 at 02:23 AM omg you guysi cant believe its gonna end in 3 dayshow quickly a years passes byits crazywell for all that are attending make it the best night ever Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.