nano Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:24 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:24 AM OMD, this thread will explode when the rest of Europe wakes up soon. I'm awake. I'm awake. Thank you so much for all the updates. So, now it's over....time flew so fast. This tour has been amazing and I'm truly thankful that I got to be a part of this tour, a part of history. I got to travel and see new places, meet new people and see my old friends once again. This is a bittersweet moment, I'm sad that the tour is over and we won't get our daily Celine dose...but I'm also very happy for all the wonderful memories, for all the joy and crazy adventures we had together. I can't thank enough Celine and her entire crew for making my dreams come true. so....What's next? Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
CellyDee87 Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:27 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:27 AM What's next??? Vegas baby wooooooot Quote
celinedream Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:28 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:28 AM What's next? Star Academieeeeeeee Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
maddie- Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:29 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:29 AM was the show sold out? Quote "A smart girl leaves before she is left"
roubaix Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:46 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:46 AM WOW! What a great show tonight, she was beautiful, in a very wonderful and reflective mood and it was quite emotional to watch Celine, the band, dancers and crew at the end of the night. And the forum got some mike time with Celine! THAT WAS AWESOME! Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
Shesings2me Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:49 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:49 AM So...our Celine-iacs are not partying too hard...just the normal routine of watching all their vids, etc. They want to post stuff, but the internet at the hotel is weird. Kimba says it makes you sign up or something and is not so straightforward. Just a fun little note that I hope Kimba doesn't mind me sharing with you. She said that they bought Celine roses but that they went on the trip with them so by the time of the concert they were quite wilted, LOL. Celine looked at them and made some funny comments about how needy they were and how desperate for water they were! I hope someone will give you more details soon. Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
autumnskies00 Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:49 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:49 AM Mic time?? Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
Edwin Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:50 AM Author Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:50 AM (edited) I left my second battery at home so it died before Alone But OMG what a show, what a treat. She did a little song with Omaha and ended with it too after MHWGO. She was very emotional at the end, crying. The audience was very enthusiastic, clapping and giving her the recognition she deserves. Yes it was mostly done sitting down but at least they were showing their appreciation in another way. They added little weird things. Have the guys always been shirtless during IA? I'm sure I would have noticed before..perhaps they've read the forum and know the other meaning of Alive? Also the dancers wore fake glasses during LCMM and shook white pom poms during RDMH. After MHWGO the dancers came back and hugged Celine and it was really really sweet. And yeah its very possible I mixed up the songs, haha. And yeah someone got up to the mic while giving their gifts and mentioned they all knew each other because of Celine Dion Forum. Sorry, I'm really really tired right now and that's all I got at the moment. Edited February 27, 2009 at 06:53 AM by Edwin Quote
roubaix Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:51 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:51 AM When the show ended she walked through the main floor aisle and shook hands and greeted people as she left. It was really touching. Wait until the YouTube videos show up of her and the band performing the "Omaha" song...... I was behind the limo as she went to the airport (I was driving the same way!). Again, this was a wonderful show. Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
roubaix Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:53 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:53 AM Mic time?? Celine was at the edge of the stage accepting flowers and gifts when she let one of the girls speak on the mic - she said that the group attending the show tonight all met on the Celine Dion Forum and that they were from all over the USA. It was cool as hell! LOL! Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
autumnskies00 Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:55 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:55 AM awww yay! were there balloons after mhwgo?? Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
Shesings2me Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:56 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:56 AM Mic time?? Ya, a few of them approached the stage with their stuff and Chelsea, from Tennessee I believe, spoke into the mic and told Celine how far they all drove or flew to be there and told Celine how they all met on Celinedionforum.com!! Coool!!!!! Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
hazard211 Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:57 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:57 AM SO this was the BEST show ever in my eyes! Im going to make this fast because i have a flight to catch and need sleep. We all met up at the Qwest Center to speak with press and take pictures and of course Ramona mentioned this forum so i hope they include it. (i was behind her in the white and blue jacket.) We kept getting pushed away from the center and said we were subject to arrest if we didnt move. HA Celine passed by and rolled the window down and im sure she was touched with all our goodbye signs and the forum banner.She was late but the crowd was awesome doing the wave and screaming while waiting. She opened stronger then ever and did hold off on talking about this being the end because she knew she would be emotional. She did do a funny song saying Omaaahaaaa haa haa ha or something like that but i have it on video. After this little made up song Chelsie and Brittney, Kimba and everyone else i cant think of went up to the stage so of course i run up there and the security guy wouldnt let me through but Celine said its okay and I got up there! She got a lot of flowers and gifts from both sides of the stage. The end was VERY emotional and she cried!!! I wanted to go hug her but she just stood there and didnt want to leave. I think we all cried a little to see her so sad. Then everyone came up on stage and hugged and said good bye and once Celine finished with the hugs she went and sung her Omaaahaa song again. She was all over the stage singing and turned those tears of saddness into tears of joy. I got it on video as im sure everyone else did. The balloon thing was good and I am sure she noticed but not many people kept pushing them back up. I think we all really didnt expect her to cry but it made the night even more special. Im sure there is SO much im forgetting but since everyones at the Hilton i figured I would put my quick review in. Ill post pics and vids when i get back home to texas tomorrow. Thank you Celine and everyone else i met, this was the best show and like everyone said to the media Celine truely has the BEST fans ever. Now i get to cry myself to sleep Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/aajdd1452/Celine-Dion-ps18.jpgPhenomenal Woman
roubaix Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:00 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:00 AM It indeed was special. Can't wait to see the clips - arg, I miss her already! Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
Shesings2me Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:02 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:02 AM SO this was the BEST show ever in my eyes! Im going to make this fast because i have a flight to catch and need sleep. We all met up at the Qwest Center to speak with press and take pictures and of course Ramona mentioned this forum so i hope they include it. (i was behind her in the white and blue jacket.) We kept getting pushed away from the center and said we were subject to arrest if we didnt move. HA Celine passed by and rolled the window down and im sure she was touched with all our goodbye signs and the forum banner.She was late but the crowd was awesome doing the wave and screaming while waiting. She opened stronger then ever and did hold off on talking about this being the end because she knew she would be emotional. She did do a funny song saying Omaaahaaaa haa haa ha or something like that but i have it on video. After this little made up song Chelsie and Brittney, Kimba and everyone else i cant think of went up to the stage so of course i run up there and the security guy wouldnt let me through but Celine said its okay and I got up there! She got a lot of flowers and gifts from both sides of the stage. The end was VERY emotional and she cried!!! I wanted to go hug her but she just stood there and didnt want to leave. I think we all cried a little to see her so sad. Then everyone came up on stage and hugged and said good bye and once Celine finished with the hugs she went and sung her Omaaahaa song again. She was all over the stage singing and turned those tears of saddness into tears of joy. I got it on video as im sure everyone else did. The balloon thing was good and I am sure she noticed but not many people kept pushing them back up. I think we all really didnt expect her to cry but it made the night even more special. Im sure there is SO much im forgetting but since everyones at the Hilton i figured I would put my quick review in. Ill post pics and vids when i get back home to texas tomorrow. Thank you Celine and everyone else i met, this was the best show and like everyone said to the media Celine truely has the BEST fans ever. Now i get to cry myself to sleep Thank Jamez....AWESOME!!!! Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
celinesbabeinchrist Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:07 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:07 AM Which one is Ramona? Quote
celinesbabeinchrist Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:08 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:08 AM Nevermind I found Ramona. Quote
nano Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:08 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:08 AM aww..I wish I could've been there!! Thank you for the reviews, can't wait to see videos. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
nano Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:10 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:10 AM So...our Celine-iacs are not partying too hard...just the normal routine of watching all their vids, etc. They want to post stuff, but the internet at the hotel is weird. Kimba says it makes you sign up or something and is not so straightforward. Just a fun little note that I hope Kimba doesn't mind me sharing with you. She said that they bought Celine roses but that they went on the trip with them so by the time of the concert they were quite wilted, LOL. Celine looked at them and made some funny comments about how needy they were and how desperate for water they were! I hope someone will give you more details soon.looooooool Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
celinesbabeinchrist Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:12 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:12 AM I know I am ready for some videos. Quote
spellbound Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:12 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:12 AM thanks for the reviews, now i can go to bed with atleast something. I'm glad it was an amazing show, and the fact that she was emotional means that this was special for her and a great overall tour, so so so glad about that!! We are so lucky that she loves to perform just as much as we love to watch her (at least I hope so) I'm looking forward to the rest of the reviews tomorrow, all of you be sure to party the night away! Quote Let the rain come down and wash away my tearsLet it fill my soul and drown my fearsLet it shatter the walls for a new sunA new day has come......
hazard211 Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:38 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:38 AM OMFG we were all on the news!!! They talked about the forum and what it was about! Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/aajdd1452/Celine-Dion-ps18.jpgPhenomenal Woman
Edwin Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:40 AM Author Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:40 AM First official reviewIn Omaha at last, Céline Dion wows fansErrant spotlights shine off the bald spots of dutiful husbands, quietly clutching beers amid groups of chattering women, all perfume and good cheer. Suddenly the lights go dark. Celine Dion at an earlier concert in Canada.Such was the scene Thursday night as the clock hit 9:20, and the wait for Céline Dion's long-anticipated Omaha appearance came to an end. Emerging from behind video screens planted in the center of the stage, Dion was greeted briefly with cheers that turned into the silence of awe. Apparently, these people were fans. Dion put on a crowd-pleasing spectacle of a show, constantly keeping her four-sided stage-in-the-round popping with movement, lights and color. The concert, postponed from its original date in November because of Dion's inflamed vocal cords, drew just under 16,000 people to Qwest Center Omaha, including one group holding up a "We came from Brazil" sign. Dion delivered what they were looking for, romping across the stage to give the fans watching from all sides equal view of her 20-plus-song performance, including "Taking Chances," the tour's namesake; "All By Myself" and "I'm Your Angel," originally a duet with R. Kelly but performed here with a talented male backup singer. Eight dancers provided worthy distraction during outfit changes, and Dion emerged from below stage each time to renewed cheers. The crowd consisted mostly of women in their 40s, with older and younger faces dotting the masses. Females outnumbered males at least 2-to-1. Dion played to the audience intimately, apologizing sincerely for the postponed November show and even creating an Omaha theme song, asking the crowd to join her as she sung "Ay-O-ma-ma-ha" in a French-Canadian accent. The crowd stayed with her in a subdued enthusiasm - this is Nebraska, after all - and cheered as she crouched on the floor of the stage to collect trinkets, flowers and kisses from those close to the stage. Though mentioning Céline Dion's name can draw poisonous looks in the outside world, on Thursday night, the Qwest Center was flooded with love. After two separate fake exits, Dion re-emerged on stage in a flowing black dress, surrounded by candles - and gave the crowd exactly what they were waiting for. "My Heart Will Go On" drifted to the rafters as video from the movie "Titanic" played on large screens, the crowd swaying with the music. The song was the last of Dion's yearlong worldwide tour, and she brought her dancers, stage crew and singers up to share a hug and a cry with her final crowd before calling it a night. "Thank you for giving us another chance," she said. "I love you guys. Good night." Quote
reamary Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:43 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:43 AM Can't believe it's over now! Thanks for the reviews! Wonderful to hear that the show was a success! Hope she'll get to rest well now, and that she returns again some day!! Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
nano Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:44 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:44 AM First official reviewThe song was the last of Dion's yearlong worldwide tour, and she brought her dancers, stage crew and singers up to share a hug and a cry with her final crowd before calling it a night."Thank you for giving us another chance," she said. "I love you guys. Good night." aww.. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
luciusbright Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:50 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:50 AM I'm so glad I am reading this thread!!!!!!!!!have a good rest, all of you!!and we are waiting for more reviews and pics and vedio..........LOL!!!!!!!!!! Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
CellyDee87 Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:56 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:56 AM (edited) OMG the forum got a GREAT plug in the Omaha news, the video is fabulous! Spotted many forumers Ramona, Eddie, Marne, Kimba, Chelsey, Christine, Brittany, Sarah many more, great video http://www.kptm.com/global/video/flash/pop...mp;rnd=67613010 Edited February 27, 2009 at 08:19 AM by Denelle Quote
Shesings2me Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:59 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:59 AM OMG the forum got a GREAT plug in the Omaha news, the video is fabulous! Spotted many forumers Ramona, Eddie, Marne, Kimba, Chelsey and many more, great video http://www.kptm.com/global/video/flash/pop...mp;rnd=67613010 Denelle, where did u see this video of our peeps on the news????? Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
CellyDee87 Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:04 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:04 AM Hey T, Eddie had it linked with his Facebook page then I went to the news site itself and there it is! How awesome, I expect membership to be going through the roof now What a lovely interview they all had Proud to be a Celine fan! Quote
nano Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:07 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:07 AM OMG the forum got a GREAT plug in the Omaha news, the video is fabulous! Spotted many forumers Ramona, Eddie, Marne, Kimba, Chelsey and many more, great video http://www.kptm.com/global/video/flash/pop...mp;rnd=67613010 Denelle, where did u see this video of our peeps on the news????? Hey T, Eddie had it linked with his Facebook page then I went to the news site itself and there it is! How awesome, I expect membership to be going through the roof now What a lovely interview they all had Proud to be a Celine fan! Eddie also posted the link in the "Omaha Fan Meeting" thread. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.