ryba Posted December 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM Posted December 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM (edited) Her rendition of Happy Xmas war is over is the best one to date. She sings it so flawlessly and beautifully! Nobody can beat her version. And it’s so well produced, it still sounds contemporary! Edited December 14, 2018 at 01:00 PM by ryba 7 Quote
frana Posted December 14, 2018 at 07:12 PM Posted December 14, 2018 at 07:12 PM Happy Xmas war is over I love this song so much It's so beautifully sung with feelingthe heart is always warming up and Christmas have their charm even more . 3 Quote www.thepoweroflove-celinedion.blogspot.com Quand je m'endors contre ton corpsAlors je n'ai plus de douteL'amour existe encore http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc127/th_464647807_Sansattendrebanner_122_127lo.jpg http://www.celinedionforum.com/Show-Celine-t48117.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Delles-design-t34725.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-t33243.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-vol-2-t34315.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Our-Angel-t38063.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ign-t33011.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ol2-t38394.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celine-t36910.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celi...l-2-t45094.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Hi-Everyone...ign-t32799.html
Critiaslux Posted December 15, 2018 at 07:43 AM Posted December 15, 2018 at 07:43 AM I totally concur with comments above: her cover of Happy Xmas is great: classic with modern feeling. Ric Wake did a good job with the production. And Céline made the song hers. 4 Quote
Dion my heart Barbra Posted December 15, 2018 at 05:23 PM Posted December 15, 2018 at 05:23 PM She should also have some Christmas dates 1 Quote
mirage Posted December 16, 2018 at 07:54 AM Posted December 16, 2018 at 07:54 AM This album should get a re-edition with a couple of new songs.And it's a shame they didn't use her Vegas time for some proper holiday shows 3 Quote
CSCfan Posted December 16, 2018 at 10:17 AM Posted December 16, 2018 at 10:17 AM Coulda woulda shoulda.... but she didn't do that 3 Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Dion2000 Posted December 16, 2018 at 12:07 PM Posted December 16, 2018 at 12:07 PM Well who can blame her ? She wants to spend Christmas with her family Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 17, 2018 at 06:19 AM Posted December 17, 2018 at 06:19 AM Happy Xmas iTunes:#163 Austria#163 Spain Spotify:#100 Slovakia#108 Sweden#144 Hungary#166 Norway#199 Czech Republic#199 Switzerland Apple Music:#30 Sweden#126 Norway 1 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 17, 2018 at 06:36 AM Posted December 17, 2018 at 06:36 AM These Are Special Times was certified 3 x Platinum (60000)in Denmark on 04.12.2018 4 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 17, 2018 at 06:41 AM Posted December 17, 2018 at 06:41 AM TAST total (Dec so far): 8,396,141Monthly Listeners: 10,476,692 (+461,554) 1 Quote
zuv Posted December 17, 2018 at 03:10 PM Posted December 17, 2018 at 03:10 PM It sucks that her and Sony don’t care for another Christmas album. 2 Quote
Esty Posted December 17, 2018 at 03:43 PM Posted December 17, 2018 at 03:43 PM This album should get a re-edition with a couple of new songs.And it's a shame they didn't use her Vegas time for some proper holiday shows I agree. I Met an Angel should be added, and maybe some live songs from the album. 1 Quote
emi&celine Posted December 17, 2018 at 04:25 PM Posted December 17, 2018 at 04:25 PM I agree. I Met an Angel should be added, and maybe some live songs from the album. Or a annual Christmas TV show with Céline performing alone and with guests. She’s a legend, she can do that. 3 Quote
alexceline Posted December 17, 2018 at 04:27 PM Posted December 17, 2018 at 04:27 PM It sucks that her and Sony don’t care for another Christmas album. I mean they don't even care about the one she already has. The album is literally standing on its own selling so many thousand copies each year in the USA with zero promo 4 Quote
Javito Posted December 17, 2018 at 05:03 PM Posted December 17, 2018 at 05:03 PM It sucks that her and Sony don't care for another Christmas album. Better say her and Sony don't care for just any kind of album, Christmas-themed or not Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ordinary fan Posted December 17, 2018 at 05:43 PM Posted December 17, 2018 at 05:43 PM (edited) Well who can blame her ? She wants to spend Christmas with her family but she stated a few times in 2016 and/0r 2017 that she would like to play a few cheistmas songs in her "end of the year - winter shows". I think songs like oh holy night, war is over, the magic of christmas day, christmas eve and don´t save it all on christmas day could do very well on stage, sung in full, while instead of the acoustic medley do a acoustic rendition of another year has gone by and feliz navidadI think she could do very easily a christmas- themed show like this: including x - mas songs and her biggest hits:01. Happy christmas (war is over)02. The power of love03. That´s the way it is04. I´m alive05. I´m your angel06. Because you loved me07. It´s all coming back to me now08. Ashes09. Blue christmas10. These are the special times11. The Prayer12. Recovering13. Pour que tu m´aimes encore14. Don´t save it all for christmas day15. Acoustic medley: another year has gone by/brahms´lullaby/feliz navidad16. To love you more17. Prince Medley18. I met an angel19. Christmas eve20. The magic of christmas day21. My heart will go on22. Oh holy night Edited December 17, 2018 at 05:47 PM by ordinary fan 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 18, 2018 at 05:34 AM Posted December 18, 2018 at 05:34 AM I hope there will a new christmas song even if it’s only a single not an album 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted December 18, 2018 at 08:01 AM Posted December 18, 2018 at 08:01 AM I hope there will a new christmas song even if it’s only a single not an album It’s a bit late now if there is. I can’t see that happening a week before Christmas Kev x 2 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 19, 2018 at 10:24 AM Posted December 19, 2018 at 10:24 AM 【2018Y BB200】RUN:133-103-115http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/16aa1bd5ad6eddc432ffd15c34dbb6fd536633de.jpg Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 19, 2018 at 10:26 AM Posted December 19, 2018 at 10:26 AM 【2018】HOLIDAY ALBUMS CHART RUN: 37-27-13-10-13-16-20-27-27-32 http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/63950a46f21fbe09a971a9b366600c338644adcc.jpg 1 Quote
ryba Posted December 19, 2018 at 09:25 PM Posted December 19, 2018 at 09:25 PM TAST is a timeless classic in her repertoire. I highly doubt that she could ever top that with another Christmas album. A re-edition, however, would be nice. I always wondered why she never recorded Silent Night. It such a beautiful song and she would totally nail it. 3 Quote
ryba Posted December 20, 2018 at 12:47 AM Posted December 20, 2018 at 12:47 AM Look what I just found Now I wonder, did she cover Celine? Or was TASP a song that Celine also covered? Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 20, 2018 at 04:17 AM Posted December 20, 2018 at 04:17 AM Look what I just found Now I wonder, did she cover Celine? Or was TASP a song that Celine also covered? Christina covered. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Javito Posted December 20, 2018 at 03:41 PM Posted December 20, 2018 at 03:41 PM TAST is a timeless classic in her repertoire. I highly doubt that she could ever top that with another Christmas album. A re-edition, however, would be nice. I always wondered why she never recorded Silent Night. It such a beautiful song and she would totally nail it. She recorded it first in French for her first French Christmas album. I guess one of the criteria for TAST was not to repeat the songs she already had recorded in French for her early albums, but I agree: it’s a shame we don’t have Silent Night and many others in English. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Daysleeper Posted December 20, 2018 at 04:21 PM Posted December 20, 2018 at 04:21 PM (edited) She recorded it first in French for her first French Christmas album. I guess one of the criteria for TAST was not to repeat the songs she already had recorded in French for her early albums, but I agree: it's a shame we don't have Silent Night and many others in English. That's what I thought too. Except Joyeux Noël / The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) which can be found on both albums. However the English version wasn't originally recorded for These Are Special Times", but for "David Foster's Christmas Album" five years earlier. Edited December 20, 2018 at 04:22 PM by Daysleeper 1 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted December 20, 2018 at 06:22 PM Posted December 20, 2018 at 06:22 PM I would love her to integrate more xmas songs in her shows. The fact she doesn't is subtly one of her worst setlist decisions. Let's not forget that before josh groban surpassed her a couple years ago this was the best selling xmas vocal album of all time. Why not capitalize on that? Realistically as far as radio play goes, her relevancy is highest here. Everyone listens to christmas music. Just today at work they played christmas eve. I commonly hear dont save it all every day and this is most satisfying because its one of the few songs she had a hand in writing.. I've also heard blue christmas, o holy night, and happy xmas on radio. As a fan of mariah too, i genuinely get excited around this time because for the 5th year in a row she has done a series of shows with 80% xmas songs. Five years. Its beyond a tradition. Its an expectation and i am satisfied with how she helps me get into the holiday spirit. No one is saying celine needs to perform on xmas. But i would love her to delve into a different era musically and give us some those songs. What better time than Christmas for that? 1 Quote
CSCfan Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:14 PM Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:14 PM After Vegas, she has to do a limited Xmas show/run somewhere. First tour some countries for the new English album, then do multiple Xmas shows for the 2020 holiday season (and maybe re-release TAST with some new tracks at the same time). Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Javito Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:38 PM Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:38 PM Dreams, dreams, dreams... and Celine is way past that wishful thinking the fans have Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
SuperLove4Celine Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:40 PM Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:40 PM I would love her to integrate more xmas songs in her shows. The fact she doesn't is subtly one of her worst setlist decisions. Let's not forget that before josh groban surpassed her a couple years ago this was the best selling xmas vocal album of all time. Why not capitalize on that? Realistically as far as radio play goes, her relevancy is highest here. Everyone listens to christmas music. Just today at work they played christmas eve. I commonly hear dont save it all every day and this is most satisfying because its one of the few songs she had a hand in writing.. I've also heard blue christmas, o holy night, and happy xmas on radio. As a fan of mariah too, i genuinely get excited around this time because for the 5th year in a row she has done a series of shows with 80% xmas songs. Five years. Its beyond a tradition. Its an expectation and i am satisfied with how she helps me get into the holiday spirit. No one is saying celine needs to perform on xmas. But i would love her to delve into a different era musically and give us some those songs. What better time than Christmas for that? But...but...I thought she had nothing left to prove?!?! LOL 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:47 PM Posted December 20, 2018 at 07:47 PM Do we think celine likes Christmas as she rarely shares her joy of Christmas with her fans... Kev x Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.