Jump to content

"These Are Special Times" album - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

I watched the DVD of the CBS special last night and man, Christmas has officially begun! :in_love:

 

Yeah, even though it only includes 2 Christmas songs performed by her and one partial take of Feliz Navidad from the recording studio :wtf: :P

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

I think people are well aware of TAST. The only negative aspect is that it did not produce a big Christmas-related single. I'm Your Angel and The Prayer are very beautiful spiritual songs, but quite generic as far as lyrical content is concerned.

 

Mariah, besides the fact that she did release a Christmas-related song, is also responsible for co-writting the entire album! Having seen interviews of hers, I actually sense she loves Christmas more than Celine does. It is like she has some passion about this ''festive'' era! In my mind, she's just more related to this period of year than Celine is.

 

Correction, Sony/ TC didn't release a Christmas-related single! You can't get a Christmas hit if your record company doesn't release one... My sticker said including the single OHN. But I guess Sony didn't want to jeopardize IYA's position on the charts...

It's a big shame cos the album could have had some real Christmas hits with DSIAFCD, CE or TMOCD :down:

 

Also Celine's the one who came up with DSIAFCD, and besides Entre Deux Mondes, it's her biggest contribution to a song :P

  • Like 3


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

220px-Don%27t_Save_It_All_for_Christmas_Day_promo.jpg 220px-The_Prayer_promo.jpg

 

Yes it's a shame that TP and DSIAFCD were only promotional singles.

 

Edited by comingback
  • Like 2
Posted

Just in case somebody hasn't got into the Christmas spirit yet :xmas_biggrin:

 

  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

Sony didn't want to include Feliz or Cloches? I'm a bit surprised.

 

Yup, they weren't really sure about including those two songs with her family, specially the last one, but Céline really pushed her idea to make it happen.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

 

 

Yup, they weren't really sure about including those two songs with her family, specially the last one, but Céline really pushed her idea to make it happen.

 

Never knew that. Glad she did. Especially Feliz 😀

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Correction, Sony/ TC didn't release a Christmas-related single! You can't get a Christmas hit if your record company doesn't release one... My sticker said including the single OHN. But I guess Sony didn't want to jeopardize IYA's position on the charts...

It's a big shame cos the album could have had some real Christmas hits with DSIAFCD, CE or TMOCD :down:

 

Also Celine's the one who came up with DSIAFCD, and besides Entre Deux Mondes, it's her biggest contribution to a song :P

Well, I was not trying to make it personal. :P I know it is not the fault of Celine! This pretty much goes for every singles discussion. That said, I think IMAAOCD should have also been part of TAST and a single. Radios, back then, would definitely play it. Same goes for the songs you mentioned, all hit material! Make sense some of them are played by radios during Christmas. Greek radios always played Chrismas Eve, Feliz Navidad and Happy Christmas (War Is Over)!

 

I'm Your Angel, despite being such a big song, is not really connected with Christmas music. At the end of the day it just seems like a spiritual version of Because You Loved Me. :yes:

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 1
Posted

Well, I was not trying to make it personal. :P I know it is not the fault of Celine! This pretty much goes for every singles discussion. That said, I think IMAAOCD should have also been part of TAST and a single. Radios, back then, would definitely play it. Same goes for the songs you mentioned, all hit material! Make sense some of them are played by radios during Christmas. Greek radios always played Chrismas Eve, Feliz Navidad and Happy Christmas (War Is Over)!

 

I'm Your Angel, despite being such a big song, is not really connected with Christmas music. At the end of the day it just seems like a spiritual version of Because You Loved Me. :yes:

 

We don't know when she recorded IMAAOCD! Going by the pictures in the booklet, she recorded the TAST songs in early/summer of 1998. IMAAOCD was included on the TTWII single in November 1999, so she probably recorded that song a year after TAST was released... Of course it should have been put on any re-release, but that's a different story -_-

I don't think IMAAOCD is a left over from the TAST recordings.

 

It's good to hear her Xmas songs are still played on the radio though. It does show that even without releasing them as a single, they are still appreciated!

 

  • Like 1


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

For God's sake how could Billboard write that These are Special Times has been written specifically for Xtina's xmas album? :cry:

 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/holiday/7625519/christina-aguilera-my-kind-of-christmas-album?utm_source=twitter

 

Obviously written by someone who hasn't researched anything! I've already replied on fb on this link! 😀

  • Like 1
Posted
That's just hilariously sad :lmao: :rolleyes:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

These are the views of TAST's tracks on Vevo as of this week. We should all play them to give them a boost this season.

 

13,242,156 Céline Dion - I'm Your Angel

875,476 Céline Dion - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (Official Audio)

810,581 Céline Dion - Ave Maria (Audio) (Official Video)

458,308 Céline Dion - O Holy Night (Audio)

246,029 Céline Dion - Feliz Navidad (Audio)

213,287 Céline Dion - Another Year Has Gone By

166,000 Céline Dion - The Magic of Christmas Day (God Bless Us Everyone) (Audio)

149,932 Céline Dion - Blue Christmas

146,901 Céline Dion - Don't Save It All for Christmas Day (Audio)

107,410 Céline Dion - These Are the Special Times

101,271 Céline Dion - The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

87,371 Céline Dion - Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful)

72,231 Céline Dion - Christmas Eve (Audio)

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

We don't know when she recorded IMAAOCD! Going by the pictures in the booklet, she recorded the TAST songs in early/summer of 1998. IMAAOCD was included on the TTWII single in November 1999, so she probably recorded that song a year after TAST was released... Of course it should have been put on any re-release, but that's a different story -_-

I don't think IMAAOCD is a left over from the TAST recordings.

 

Hmmm that's an interesting one :hmm: What makes you think that? I always thought it was a leftover from TAST sessions, another big mistake from them!

 

It would be interesting to know the truth, I think it's another mystery we have, like the songs from One Heart.

 

In any case, if it was indeed a leftover from TAST sessions, someone in her team should have been fired immediately back then, because it's the most radio friendly Christmas song of all them! :pinch: It would have been her signature song for Christmas, more than Christmas Eve I would say.

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

I don't know who the producer is. If anyone owns the booklet of the album we might know it, in addition to the studio where it was recorded, providing the info is included.

 

I remember reading that TAST was recorded in early august 1998 in 9 days. But I doubt it since she must have been rehearsing the tour which kicked off on August 21.

Posted (edited)

 

Yes, as of latest figures from Billboard... Mariah's Chirstmas album is ahead of Celine's in the US... but just by a mere 60,000 copies. That's just 60,000. Who knows in a few more years, Celine could close the gap and maybe exceed Mimi's.

 

If I remember correctly, TAST has been for some time ahead of Mariah 's album.

 

Let's not forget also that Mariah has 4 years of sales more than Céline.

 

When it comes to a Xmas album, I think it's quite important to mention it.

Edited by isurrender
Posted

For God's sake how could Billboard write that These are Special Times has been written specifically for Xtina's xmas album? :cry:

 

http://www.billboard..._source=twitter

 

Just heard that Xtina version in the link above and OMG... it's horrid.

  • Like 1
Posted

I don't know who the producer is. If anyone owns the booklet of the album we might know it, in addition to the studio where it was recorded, providing the info is included.

 

I remember reading that TAST was recorded in early august 1998 in 9 days. But I doubt it since she must have been rehearsing the tour which kicked off on August 21.

 

On the back of the TTWII single it only notes 1999. If the song was recorded in 1998, it would have stated that year as well IMO.

 

Scan 065.jpg

 

Celine Dion* I Met An Angel (On Christmas Day)

 

Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass [Fodera], Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Percussion – Gary "Headman" Haase*

 

Backing Vocals – LuJuan Carter*

 

Coordinator [Production] – David Barratt (3)

 

Drums – Buddy Williams

 

Engineer [Assistant], Engineer [Additional] – Chris Brooke

 

Engineer [Track] – Dave "Young" Scheuer*, Bob Cadway

 

Mixed By – Humberto Gatica

 

Producer, Arranged By – Ric Wake

 

Saxophone – Chuck Fisher

 

Written-By – Gary Haase, James Lowell

 

Written-By, Backing Vocals – Keith Fluit*

  • Like 3


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

On the back of the TTWII single it only notes 1999. If the song was recorded in 1998, it would have stated that year as well IMO.

 

post-4296-0-00990100-1482134347_thumb.jpg

 

Celine Dion* I Met An Angel (On Christmas Day)

 

Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass [Fodera], Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Percussion – Gary "Headman" Haase*

 

Backing Vocals – LuJuan Carter*

 

Coordinator [Production] – David Barratt (3)

 

Drums – Buddy Williams

 

Engineer [Assistant], Engineer [Additional] – Chris Brooke

 

Engineer [Track] – Dave "Young" Scheuer*, Bob Cadway

 

Mixed By – Humberto Gatica

 

Producer, Arranged By – Ric Wake

 

Saxophone – Chuck Fisher

 

Written-By – Gary Haase, James Lowell

 

Written-By, Backing Vocals – Keith Fluit*

 

MC hided the song as a b-side to don't kill her xmas hit :giggle:

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
Is the content of the TAST dvd available on youtube or here for Download?
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
Is the full content of the TAST dvd available on youtube or here for Download? Does anybody know?
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

That Blue Xmas is live?

 

Yup, you can find the full performance at The Today Show here:

 

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted (edited)

Just heard that Xtina version in the link above and OMG... it's horrid.

She has no musicianship! Totally lacks the technicality to deliver a smooth ballad like TAST. Her cover is like ''I can put some unnecessary runs in between words!'' :puke: Edited by LukeD
Posted

MY favourite: only 30 seconds but the only live version of O Holy Night we have from those days: the rehearsal of the CBS TV Special :wub:

 

These are the kind of videos that the damn Celine official account on Youtube has to upload, and not the stupid audio videos of each album track! :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

 

 

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

MY favourite: only 30 seconds but the only live version of O Holy Night we have from those days: the rehearsal of the CBS TV Special :wub:

 

These are the kind of videos that the damn Celine official account on Youtube has to upload, and not the stupid audio videos of each album track! :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

 

Um.... what about Micheal Bublé last year????

 

Edit: I reread your post and I saw you said from "those days" haha! I missed that. I don't want to pick a fight but it seems like it's the same track they used as the official performance?

Edited by CelineDionFreak
  • Like 2

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

MY favourite: only 30 seconds but the only live version of O Holy Night we have from those days: the rehearsal of the CBS TV Special :wub:

 

These are the kind of videos that the damn Celine official account on Youtube has to upload, and not the stupid audio videos of each album track! :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLpk6kpfOE

I'm sorry but this is not live...

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...