chocolatechip15 Posted November 29, 2016 at 02:25 AM Posted November 29, 2016 at 02:25 AM Oh my !!!! This is Christmas ! Why did she sing this song ????? Come on, we've heard it like three billion times, so why sing it once more for a Christmas special ????? It wasn't a Christmas show exactly . ."Home for the Holidays" was a special to encourage people to adopt foster children. A bit of a holiday theme, but not really a Christmas show. And she may have done BYLM a million times, but I think this was one of the very best performances EVER of this song. Possibly my favorite performance of BYLM. 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 30, 2016 at 04:11 PM Posted November 30, 2016 at 04:11 PM I want to hear Celine sing "I'll Be Home For Christmas", this song really makes me cry. Quote
zuv Posted December 1, 2016 at 08:28 PM Posted December 1, 2016 at 08:28 PM So i was thinking, what are the other big vocal classic christmas songs? That have the same vib as TAST album. Could she easily fill up an entire album with 2-3 new songs? If we have a big list we could maybe do a poll for fans to vote... Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted December 1, 2016 at 09:33 PM Posted December 1, 2016 at 09:33 PM So i was thinking, what are the other big vocal classic christmas songs? That have the same vib as TAST album. Could she easily fill up an entire album with 2-3 new songs? If we have a big list we could maybe do a poll for fans to vote... I would love her to record "Silent Night." 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted December 1, 2016 at 09:52 PM Posted December 1, 2016 at 09:52 PM I would love her to record "Silent Night."Also Mary Did You Know... I've always wanted to hear her try that one 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
actofcontrition Posted December 2, 2016 at 08:09 PM Posted December 2, 2016 at 08:09 PM oh christmas treestudio version of do you hear what i hearsilent nightwhite christmaslet it snow 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted December 2, 2016 at 09:12 PM Posted December 2, 2016 at 09:12 PM I'd love Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and Santa On The Rooftop. Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted December 5, 2016 at 01:03 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 01:03 PM Can someone try re-uploading the Michael buble performances to YouTube .... They should be on there! Has anyone got the files? Kev x 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted December 5, 2016 at 04:39 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 04:39 PM Can someone try re-uploading the Michael buble performances to YouTube .... They should be on there! Has anyone got the files? Kev xOh Holy Night: Happy Christmas (War is Over): 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
nuts2you Posted December 5, 2016 at 11:42 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 11:42 PM Has anyone started listening to this album yet? Quote
Javito Posted December 6, 2016 at 09:45 AM Posted December 6, 2016 at 09:45 AM I picked it from the shelf the 1st of December. Already listening daily 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 6, 2016 at 02:25 PM Posted December 6, 2016 at 02:25 PM HOLIDAY ALBUM4#-1#-4#-12#-18#-14#-14#-18#-15#BB200173#-116#-108#-54#over 10k copies sold this week 1 Quote
LukeD Posted December 6, 2016 at 02:56 PM Posted December 6, 2016 at 02:56 PM I will probably listen to it around Christmas... I think this album has captured her voice at its best. To me it is the best album of her entire career as far as singing is concerned. 3 Quote
ewan123 Posted December 6, 2016 at 08:19 PM Posted December 6, 2016 at 08:19 PM (edited) I will probably listen to it around Christmas... I think this album has captured her voice at its best. To me it is the best album of her entire career as far as singing is concerned. TOTALLY agree on this! Epic voice and production. Edited December 6, 2016 at 08:20 PM by ewan123 2 Quote
sayyed Posted December 6, 2016 at 08:54 PM Posted December 6, 2016 at 08:54 PM I agree, OHN is untouchable. But I must admit she sounds very nasal in the title track. Somehow I always wondered if this was a separate recording session much earlier or later. No other song on the album has this. Quote https://soundcloud.com/finnremixes
NicoNV Posted December 7, 2016 at 01:25 AM Posted December 7, 2016 at 01:25 AM I will probably listen to it around Christmas... I think this album has captured her voice at its best. To me it is the best album of her entire career as far as singing is concerned. I will admit it. I don't own this album. I own a song or two from it. But, based on your post, I guess it's finally time I cave and get the entire album. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 Quote
LukeD Posted December 7, 2016 at 11:51 AM Posted December 7, 2016 at 11:51 AM I will admit it. I don't own this album. I own a song or two from it. But, based on your post, I guess it's finally time I cave and get the entire album. Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI take this as a compliment! I hope you enjoy the album and appreciate her vocals as much as I do! Give me your review once you listen to it...! 2 Quote
max24 Posted December 8, 2016 at 02:53 PM Posted December 8, 2016 at 02:53 PM US 2016 Year-end Charts: Catalog Albums:These Arse Special Times - #48 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 8, 2016 at 04:33 PM Posted December 8, 2016 at 04:33 PM Do any of you guys have the full video tv special of These are the special time 1998? Quote
comingback Posted December 8, 2016 at 05:27 PM Posted December 8, 2016 at 05:27 PM http://pagesix.com/2016/12/08/celine-dion-prepares-for-first-christmas-without-her-husband/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Facebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow exclusive Céline Dion prepares for first Christmas without her husband Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted December 8, 2016 at 06:42 PM Posted December 8, 2016 at 06:42 PM (edited) "...eventually you have to just move on. Yesterday is over, tomorrow is not here yet, so today is today.” I love this Edited December 8, 2016 at 06:43 PM by CelineDionFreak Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
comingback Posted December 9, 2016 at 06:07 PM Posted December 9, 2016 at 06:07 PM (edited) Celine on holidays in Utah. Edited December 9, 2016 at 06:09 PM by comingback 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted December 9, 2016 at 06:50 PM Posted December 9, 2016 at 06:50 PM Celine on holidays in Utah.She was actually still in Vegas! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Loup_garou Posted December 9, 2016 at 08:25 PM Posted December 9, 2016 at 08:25 PM (edited) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I Don't know about you, but I don't think Celine listens to Romeo Santo's "Mi Santa" Edited December 9, 2016 at 08:26 PM by Loup_garou 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 16, 2016 at 09:07 AM Posted December 16, 2016 at 09:07 AM (edited) I know Mariah is being tagged by many as the "Queen of Christmas" because of the impressive longevity that AIWFCIY has achieved. That is a fact... but if you come to think of it, it's undeniable that Celine's TAST has achieved an equally if not a far more impressive credentials than Mariah's... Yes, as of latest figures from Billboard... Mariah's Chirstmas album is ahead of Celine's in the US... but just by a mere 60,000 copies. That's just 60,000. Who knows in a few more years, Celine could close the gap and maybe exceed Mimi's. On other fronts, meanwhile, we should also consider these feats TAST has achieved, which Mariah's xmas album hasn't achieved: - Celine's album produced a No. 1 single (I'm Your Angel)- Celine's album was able to produce an Oscar-nominated, Grammy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning song (The Prayer), and Mimi's didn't- Like AIWFCIY, Celine's album has been able to produce a timeless, classic song with impressive longevity that has been a staple... in the song The Prayer, probably one of Celine's most covered songs.- Celine's album achieved a higher peak at the BB200 reaching No. 2, while Mariah's got only to No. 3- TAST debuted on BB200 at No. 4 with 126k, Mariah's debuted at No. 30 with 45k sold- TAST is the highest-charting holiday album ever by a female artist- TAST sold an impressive one-week sale of 462k in its seventh week on the BB200- Celine's album went to No. 1 in at least three countries, Mimi's went to No. 1 only in Japan- Celine's album has been appearing virtually every year on Billboard's Year-end charts since 1998, this year it appears at No. 48- TAST made it to Billboard's year-end chart after its release, reaching No. 23 in 1999.... Mariah's album didn't make it to the year-end chart for 1994 or 1995.- TAST received certifications in 15 countries, Mariah's in 13 countries Yes, I understand I'm Your Angel and The Prayer are not your typical Xmas songs, running in the same vein as AIWFCIY... but strictly speaking, whether you like it or not, these two Celine songs are "technically" Christmas songs since they appeared in a Christmas album.... and content-wise, it's apparent that the songs' themes are somehow Christmas/religious/spiritual related... I guess my point is TAST is underrated, not getting the attention and recognition it deserves. And we're talking here about facts/quantifiable facts. Let's not go into the more subjective aspect ie. contents/merit of the album itself, coz of course i think we would all agree, well at least for me, the songs in TAST are far more superior than those in Mariah's album :-) Edited December 16, 2016 at 09:20 AM by marc-02 5 Quote
Javito Posted December 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM Posted December 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM TAST is a lasting album because of the solid content it has, it's not only about one single, it's about all the songs included in it. All of them are top-notch and there are no fillers. You can hear many of its songs played around this time of the year in public markets, shopping centres etc. It's not just about The Prayer or I'm Your Angel, it's also about listening Adeste Fideles, The Christmas Song, Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Christmas Eve and even Feliz Navidad, as you do the shopping in many places around the world. However, how many other Mariah songs do they play from her Christmas album? They always play the same song, because Mariah's album is mostly about one memorable single. An incredibly successful song, but just that one 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
celine4evauk Posted December 16, 2016 at 11:48 AM Posted December 16, 2016 at 11:48 AM TAST is a lasting album because of the solid content it has, it's not only about one single, it's about all the songs included in it. All of them are top-notch and there are no fillers. You can hear many of its songs played around this time of the year in public markets, shopping centres etc. It's not just about The Prayer or I'm Your Angel, it's also about listening Adeste Fideles, The Christmas Song, Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Christmas Eve and even Feliz Navidad, as you do the shopping in many places around the world. However, how many other Mariah songs do they play from her Christmas album? They always play the same song, because Mariah's album is mostly about one memorable single. An incredibly successful song, but just that one No sign of Celine on my works christmas playlist yet again 😕yes it's the usual ones, Mariah, Buble, Christina Aguilera, Doris Day, etc. Very disappointed. Even yesterday I heard Feliz Navidad, no idea who was singing it. 😢 1 Quote
LukeD Posted December 17, 2016 at 08:12 AM Posted December 17, 2016 at 08:12 AM (edited) I think people are well aware of TAST. The only negative aspect is that it did not produce a big Christmas-related single. I'm Your Angel and The Prayer are very beautiful spiritual songs, but quite generic as far as lyrical content is concerned. Mariah, besides the fact that she did release a Christmas-related song, is also responsible for co-writting the entire album! Having seen interviews of hers, I actually sense she loves Christmas more than Celine does. It is like she has some passion about this ''festive'' era! In my mind, she's just more related to this period of year than Celine is. Edited December 17, 2016 at 08:19 AM by LukeD Quote
boyblackuk Posted December 17, 2016 at 10:13 AM Posted December 17, 2016 at 10:13 AM Nearly 12,000 copies sold this week up 141% according to hhd 4 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted December 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM Posted December 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM I watched the DVD of the CBS special last night and man, Christmas has officially begun! 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.