Edwin Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:33 PM Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:33 PM Oscar is banned, want to join him? J/K For some reason he felt the need to make a thread that you can't say that most male Celine fans are gay and not stating whether he was talking about himself or just making a blanket statement. In other news the sky isn't always blue. Quote
Love, Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:33 PM Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:33 PM (edited) No, Edwin, get a clue: this topic is not about any particular person... u still didn't state your point My point, my friend, is that I just see this topic being brought up in little pieces all over the place, ever since I first began becoming a forumer back in 2004, and I just want to get an organized discussion within one thread. I want to hear people's well-reasoned opinions and thoughts. This is not about an affirmation or a confirmation - it is just a topic - as other topics on this forum should be - that is worth discussing. Edited October 21, 2008 at 09:40 PM by Love, Quote
Davey84 Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:46 PM Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:46 PM (edited) but it's discussed to death darrrrrrrrrling I'd say: male fans: 70% gay, 10% bi, 19 % straight, 1% something else female fans: 70% straight , 10% bi, 19 % gay, 1% something else probably like the whole world population! and eddie.. I can't be banned... I'm the diamond of the forum! Just like René says! Edited October 21, 2008 at 09:49 PM by Davey84 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Scramasboy Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:50 PM Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:50 PM P.S. This is just a discussion topic, folks. Don't take it too personally. LOL Though I definantly do understand your point, and I am not one to lump a bunch of people in to one group or stereotype, this isn't a new thing and it didn't appear out of thin air. She does have alot of gay fans. I personally don't know any devout straight male Celine fans, but that doesen't mean that all of us male Celine fans are gay and it also doesen't mean the gay to straight ratio is 95/5 or 50/50. There are Celine fans of every race, sex, sexuality, language, ect. THAT'S THE POINT. NO ONE knows the ratio. Thanks Sopohan ... That relates to me ...I'm with my highschool sweet heart right now.... i have been with her for a long time now and I'm so happy but I'm a huge Celine Dion fan and proud of it...Not that there is anything wrong about being Gay... I just dont like the sterotype that if you are male you are automatically Gay ...That's just wrong and ignorant.-NmjWell, there can be people who are just wrong, smart aleck and stupid at the same time too. That's exactly my point. There are probably more gay male Celine fans rather than straight, but in the end, what does it really matter? What brings us together is our Celine love! Quote http://68.media.tumblr.com/0215da4dacb45f3375c9bf63cb89e9c3/tumblr_o3edqjdnpP1s2lrfeo1_1280.png
dj4celine Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:51 PM Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:51 PM OMD!! Davey 1% something else :mdr: Quote
Edwin Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:54 PM Posted October 21, 2008 at 09:54 PM Oh My French Dion Davey!! Well, I guess we have to believe that since you have the Msc after all Diamond of the forum, I'm not going there with you on here. Witnesses and all. Quote
Black Kitten Posted October 22, 2008 at 12:42 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 12:42 AM (edited) for some reason, i don't believe in bisexuality (bi, or whatever you wanna call it). i do believe you can't get attracted (or have a sexual desire) to both males and females. about the topic, i still don't understand how some people can identify someone's sexual preference by his music taste. i seriously don't get it. i have few male friends who are basketball players, BUT listen to Madonna, who's one of the reigning gay icons of our time. and at the end of the day, good music is good music. Celine's music obviously isn't a "for gays and gals only". take my dad as an example, who fearlessly play TC in full volume. Edited October 22, 2008 at 12:44 AM by dhena Quote
Ted Posted October 22, 2008 at 01:21 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 01:21 AM P.S. This is just a discussion topic, folks. Don't take it too personally. LOL Though I definantly do understand your point, and I am not one to lump a bunch of people in to one group or stereotype, this isn't a new thing and it didn't appear out of thin air. She does have alot of gay fans. I personally don't know any devout straight male Celine fans, but that doesen't mean that all of us male Celine fans are gay and it also doesen't mean the gay to straight ratio is 95/5 or 50/50. There are Celine fans of every race, sex, sexuality, language, ect. THAT'S THE POINT. NO ONE knows the ratio. Thanks Sopohan ... That relates to me ...I'm with my highschool sweet heart right now.... i have been with her for a long time now and I'm so happy but I'm a huge Celine Dion fan and proud of it...Not that there is anything wrong about being Gay... I just dont like the sterotype that if you are male you are automatically Gay ...That's just wrong and ignorant.-NmjWell, there can be people who are just wrong, smart aleck and stupid at the same time too. Sopohan, You're so vain, get over yourself!!!!!! Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
Krys Posted October 22, 2008 at 01:29 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 01:29 AM point is Sopha, this HAS been discussed to death many many times in that Straight thread that was locked not too long ago Quote
Angel, You thrill me Posted October 22, 2008 at 01:49 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 01:49 AM Omd the discussion that doesn't die returns!!!!!! Quote http://www.lady-gaga.net/images/layout11/2.pngAlejandro Alejandro ALEALEJANDRO ALEALEJANDROOO
Love, Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:06 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:06 AM (edited) Sopohan, You're so vain, get over yourself!!!!!! Ted,You're so tactless, you should get etiquette lessons!!!!!! P.S. Who are you? You've posted like 1000+ posts, and I've never heard of you 'til this thread. What a nice introduction to TED. P.S.S. I'm really a kind person... you know... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . about the topic, i still don't understand how some people can identify someone's sexual preference by his music taste. i seriously don't get it. i have few male friends who are basketball players, BUT listen to Madonna, who's one of the reigning gay icons of our time. and at the end of the day, good music is good music. Celine's music obviously isn't a "for gays and gals only". take my dad as an example, who fearlessly play TC in full volume. Yeah, I totally agree with what you're saying. And...My dad's favorite song is "Ten Days..." LOL point is Sopha, this HAS been discussed to death many many times in that Straight thread that was locked not too long ago Thanks for sharing this information with me, K., but I don't even remember that there was a dedicated thread to this particular topic. Did I even post in it? Perhaps, you can provide me a link to that thread... I just saw these little discussions and stereotypes clustered throughout various threads in different forums. Edited October 22, 2008 at 02:17 AM by Love, Quote
A New Day Has Come Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:09 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:09 AM Love I totally Agree with you there men there at the concert with there wives last night and it seemed like they were into it so there is your question. Quote
Love, Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:18 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:18 AM (edited) Love I totally Agree with you there men there at the concert with there wives last night and it seemed like they were into it so there is your question.Yep! And obviously their wives are not "closet doors"... :laugh: Edited October 22, 2008 at 02:18 AM by Love, Quote
Krys Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:25 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:25 AM point is Sopha, this HAS been discussed to death many many times in that Straight thread that was locked not too long ago Thanks for sharing this information with me, K., but I don't even remember that there was a dedicated thread to this particular topic. Did I even post in it? Perhaps, you can provide me a link to that thread... I just saw these little discussions and stereotypes clustered throughout various threads in different forums. great...yet another nickname i think i have enough of them to last 50 lifetimes http://www.celinedionforum.com/Iand39m-ALS...ght-t34566.html i dunno whether you posted in it or not cuz i stopped reading it halfway cuz it got nasty Quote
Scramasboy Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:30 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:30 AM Omd the discussion that doesn't die returns!!!!!! Uh Oh did I miss something? Quote http://68.media.tumblr.com/0215da4dacb45f3375c9bf63cb89e9c3/tumblr_o3edqjdnpP1s2lrfeo1_1280.png
Love, Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:39 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 02:39 AM (edited) point is Sopha, this HAS been discussed to death many many times in that Straight thread that was locked not too long ago Thanks for sharing this information with me, K., but I don't even remember that there was a dedicated thread to this particular topic. Did I even post in it? Perhaps, you can provide me a link to that thread... I just saw these little discussions and stereotypes clustered throughout various threads in different forums. great...yet another nickname i think i have enough of them to last 50 lifetimes http://www.celinedionforum.com/Iand39m-ALS...ght-t34566.html i dunno whether you posted in it or not cuz i stopped reading it halfway cuz it got nasty *runs from Krys! :mdr: Hey, you know... it IS the healthiest cereal from Kellogg's! Anyway, I checked that thread, and I did post twice in there, very briefly... Here's one of my posts... (and a nice response) Okay... can someone please give me a 10-word summary of this thread? 'Me, as a man, liking Céline, doesn't make me gay!' Edited October 22, 2008 at 02:41 AM by Love, Quote
Davey84 Posted October 22, 2008 at 06:59 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 06:59 AM OMD!! Davey 1% something else :mdr: well I don't wanna upset the a-sexuals, hermaphodites etc! Oh My French Dion Davey!! Well, I guess we have to believe that since you have the Msc after all Diamond of the forum, I'm not going there with you on here. Witnesses and all. WAIT A MINUTE!!! there's also something else to add in this discussion... just because someone is a male and gay, doesn't make him a fan of Céline! think about it! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Macaronie Posted October 22, 2008 at 07:34 AM Posted October 22, 2008 at 07:34 AM Davey you make me die Quote
dj4celine Posted October 22, 2008 at 05:52 PM Posted October 22, 2008 at 05:52 PM (edited) Davey you make me die EDIT: Dejvej doesn't kill, does he? Edited October 22, 2008 at 06:17 PM by dj4celine Quote
Macaronie Posted October 22, 2008 at 06:24 PM Posted October 22, 2008 at 06:24 PM I owe an explanation. Quote
dj4celine Posted October 22, 2008 at 06:26 PM Posted October 22, 2008 at 06:26 PM Let's not get off-topic in this thread in the off-topic section Quote
Davey84 Posted October 22, 2008 at 07:57 PM Posted October 22, 2008 at 07:57 PM never say never Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
ZoraSourit Posted October 22, 2008 at 08:14 PM Posted October 22, 2008 at 08:14 PM I think the problem is that the majoraty of Céline's male fans that assume themselves publicly as Céline fans are gay. I think it has something to do with sensitivity. If you admit you're a Céline fan, people take you as sensitive and romantic and most men don't like to be seen like that.But most gay guys don't have a problem with that. So, even if they are fans they do not come out lol But even for straight people is not easy to assume themselves as Céline fans. People stare at you with that air of disbelieve: "How can you?" hahahahah I got that look when I first told someone at University that I was a Céline fan. People just don't get it. Many people told me "But you don't look like a Céline fan!" and I was like "and what look is that?". But later many people came to me saying that they were also fans but just wouldn't go around talking about it. Go figure! Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
celinedream Posted October 22, 2008 at 09:52 PM Posted October 22, 2008 at 09:52 PM it's like a stereotype. like all stereotypes they are not always true. it's like Will & Grace. It was full of references as to being gay being equal to being a Barbra or Cher fan. It has to do with how sensitive men can get. Again, just a stereotype and not always true. Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Shaun Posted October 22, 2008 at 11:06 PM Posted October 22, 2008 at 11:06 PM I'm straight and I dont give a damn admitting to anyone that i'm a fan of Celine Dion. They've got issues not me if they've got a problem with that. I'm a fan of one of the best recording voices of all time, i'm not ashamed of that. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
KimboCosmo Posted October 23, 2008 at 12:14 AM Posted October 23, 2008 at 12:14 AM As someone mentioned earlier, it is SO true about not ALL gays like Celine. I have several male gay friends who CANNOT understand why I love Celine so much. Funny, huh? Same goes for not ALL Celine fans are gay. There is NOTHING wrong with being a fan or loving an artist because they JUST have an AMAZING voice. What part of that do people not understand? Weird world. Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Prince Whiskers Posted October 23, 2008 at 04:28 PM Posted October 23, 2008 at 04:28 PM But later many people came to me saying that they were also fans but just wouldn't go around talking about it. Go figure! You mean it's like being members of an underground movement? Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
ZoraSourit Posted October 23, 2008 at 06:05 PM Posted October 23, 2008 at 06:05 PM You mean it's like being members of an underground movement? Something like that. lol Let's say they are not out and they're not proud about it. Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.