Tim Posted January 15, 2014 at 03:17 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 03:17 AM I'm gay and love Céline. But... have to admit, I've lost track of her over the past few years. And just think, I used to encode videos for everyone a loooong time ago. 1 Quote http://www.timtripp.net/images/2013Explorer.jpg
Squall Posted January 15, 2014 at 05:03 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 05:03 AM When I'm trying to figure out if a guy is gay or not I'll usually go onto his "likes" on Facebook and if he likes Lady Gaga and Glee it's pretty safe to assume he's gay. Of course, this isn't true 100% of the time but it's a good indicator. Same goes for guys who like Celine. 2 Quote
pat200 Posted February 24, 2014 at 08:45 PM Posted February 24, 2014 at 08:45 PM Many straight men are fans of celine but are worried to say so because it might cause others to think they are gay, so she becomes a sort of guilty pleasure for them and they rarely admit they like her. She isn't really considered a gay icon like madonna, gaga, cher, streisand and so on. at least not yet! 1 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted February 24, 2014 at 11:44 PM Posted February 24, 2014 at 11:44 PM I think people need to realize that music is for everybody. People need to stop judging. 1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
A cause, A cause Posted February 25, 2014 at 03:14 AM Posted February 25, 2014 at 03:14 AM Celine is a gay icon yes! But that doesn't mean that universally all gay people love her. I tend to find that the ones I like also like Celine. She is probably more the thinking mans gay icon. She had her awkward stages, which I think a lot of gay guys get. That weird transitional phase until you are totally comfortable with who you are. People saw that in her, as awesome a singer as she was, she went through that thing where she was never quite as cool as Mariah etc. She got a lot of stick in music media etc. Any gay guy who saw her brilliance and stuck with her through all the bull that people slung at her will just love her forever! Us gay Celine fans always knew there was a super Diva there. We knew she had the most incredible voice, but we also knew she had the body of a runway model and legs that went on forever! We knew that one day Celine Dion would be thought of as the hottest most beautiful super diva in the world. And now she is! Quote
Daniel Hamilton Posted February 25, 2014 at 06:17 PM Posted February 25, 2014 at 06:17 PM Just because a man likes Celine doesn't mean he is gay or not just making a point because this might push some people away from coming out or to say they're straight.When you're a fan of someone does not always have anything to do with peoples sexuality. This topic i think should have never been created cause it might be offending others. Cause if you accuse someone/ people of a sexuality that's violating their privacy so to speak and that will push them further into the closet and plus people have no rights to out people no matter which way you put it. Celine is there for everyone to enjoy to. Quote
Leanne Posted February 25, 2014 at 09:29 PM Posted February 25, 2014 at 09:29 PM (edited) Hahah well..Yes, I do think many fans are gay (expescially male).There isn't any not-gay men in the group of fans I know. Oh and I think not everybody is gay of course, but I think they are a less fanatic fan. Edited February 25, 2014 at 09:30 PM by Leanne Quote
Ray Posted February 26, 2014 at 08:10 PM Posted February 26, 2014 at 08:10 PM Just because a man likes Celine doesn't mean he is gay or not just making a point because this might push some people away from coming out or to say they're straight.When you're a fan of someone does not always have anything to do with peoples sexuality. This topic i think should have never been created cause it might be offending others. Cause if you accuse someone/ people of a sexuality that's violating their privacy so to speak and that will push them further into the closet and plus people have no rights to out people no matter which way you put it. Celine is there for everyone to enjoy to. Of course not every man who likes Celine is gay. But I think it's great there's a topic like this here. So many guys are straight and have lots of stuff they have in common and can openly talk about. Gays liking the same divas is fun! And it makes it easier to come out of the closet. How can it be offending to anyone? There's nothing wrong with being gay, so no need to be offended. Would any gay man be offended when he went to a Metallica forum and there was to be a topic about Metallica fans being straight? I don't think so. That's just the way it is. Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Daniel Hamilton Posted February 28, 2014 at 05:01 PM Posted February 28, 2014 at 05:01 PM I'm not offended at all 1 Quote
Daysleeper Posted March 4, 2014 at 03:48 PM Posted March 4, 2014 at 03:48 PM I think there is a difference between just liking the music and seeing a certain artist as a role model. I'm sure there are straight guys who like Céline's music and there's nothing strange about that and it doesn't mean that they are "in the closet". As a gay fan, I know exactly what impresses me about Céline and it's definitely not only her songs or her voice. It's more than that. I believe many gay fans of Céline or any other diva feel the same. It's a passion about a female person who inspires us by her femininity.I don't care if someone is gay or not as long as I'm not interested in him in romantic way. If I am, of course I would try to figure out if he is gay if it's not possible to ask him directly. And the information about what kind of things inspires him in life could be helpful in that case.Also, I believe human sexuality is much more complex than that. We usually tend to make everything black/white so it is the question of the topic. I'm gonna try to answer, if a person just likes Céline's music it doesn't make him gay, but if he is passionate by her personality and sees her as a role model, then there is a strong possibility that he is gay. Quote
blueangel92 Posted March 10, 2014 at 03:33 AM Posted March 10, 2014 at 03:33 AM Im from vietnam and in my fanclub all guys are gay or bisexual ). And in the seek of love, I'm always looking for some Guy who loves Celine. It would be amazing when the couple listen together to one kind of music Quote http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/tuongkhanh92/cdvn-1.png Celine Dion Vietnam Facebook Celine Dion Vietnam Blogspot
gafsa Posted June 2, 2014 at 08:37 PM Posted June 2, 2014 at 08:37 PM Some of my ex boyfriend likes Celine, i'm sure they all gay LOL. but, i can named a stright men who likes Celine and adore her. Quote
browseceline Posted May 7, 2015 at 07:43 AM Posted May 7, 2015 at 07:43 AM Anyone read this article? I think it is quite rude. What are your thoughts?https://scottdagostino.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/is-celine-dion-the-worst-gay-icon-ever/ Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Frozen_Phoenix Posted August 27, 2017 at 10:09 AM Posted August 27, 2017 at 10:09 AM Well, now that Celine also is turning into a fashion icon, I do believe this prejudice will also be "supported". Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
ivo Posted August 29, 2017 at 07:31 PM Posted August 29, 2017 at 07:31 PM I think many many many of Celine's male fans are gay. When you are gay yourself you just have to look at another guy and you 'know'. For me it is obvious that many of Celine's male fans are gay and that's okay of course. The straight guys that go to see Celine are going with their wives / girlfriends. 1 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
Brandon Posted September 18, 2017 at 05:52 AM Posted September 18, 2017 at 05:52 AM It's not like Beyonce male fans who happen to be gay but with Celine it's a mixed bag. Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted September 18, 2017 at 05:54 AM Posted September 18, 2017 at 05:54 AM Well, now that Celine also is turning into a fashion icon, I do believe this prejudice will also be "supported".Hunney she IS a fashion icon, not "turning" lol. Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Dreamy Posted May 1, 2019 at 06:40 PM Posted May 1, 2019 at 06:40 PM I don't know about the others but... I am, yeah! Quote
Graceland Posted May 8, 2019 at 05:20 PM Posted May 8, 2019 at 05:20 PM (edited) "but if he is passionate by her personality and sees her as a role model" ....or maybe hes a cross dresser and straight (I read most cd's are straight but people just jump to conclusions when they hear anyone cd) , we dont know every fan "awkward stages" Many people have those , not just gays Edited May 8, 2019 at 05:26 PM by Graceland Quote
browseceline Posted May 11, 2019 at 06:50 PM Posted May 11, 2019 at 06:50 PM I think many many many of Celine's male fans are gay. When you are gay yourself you just have to look at another guy and you 'know'. For me it is obvious that many of Celine's male fans are gay and that's okay of course. The straight guys that go to see Celine are going with their wives / girlfriends. i will never forget the organised bustrip i took to Arnhem to see Celine. I thought the bus would be also loaded with male fans but the whole bus was full with housewifes... And they were very loud and annoying. At the stadium the audience was very diverse i have to say. Mainly women. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
angelil78 Posted May 15, 2019 at 02:36 PM Posted May 15, 2019 at 02:36 PM I think it's a mix. Some of my gay friends say that most of Célines fans are gay but personally for me I know more straight fans than gay. I think it's just the matter of the crowd you are mostly surrounded with. I know both straight and gay male fans Quote
browseceline Posted May 15, 2019 at 03:08 PM Posted May 15, 2019 at 03:08 PM I think it's a mix. Some of my gay friends say that most of Célines fans are gay but personally for me I know more straight fans than gay. I think it's just the matter of the crowd you are mostly surrounded with. I know both straight and gay male fans straight women you mean Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
angelil78 Posted May 15, 2019 at 03:34 PM Posted May 15, 2019 at 03:34 PM (edited) straight women you mean Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Nope straight men lol. Is that a surprise? One of them is a huge fan and everyone assumed he was gay but nope, straight. Edited May 15, 2019 at 03:34 PM by angelil78 1 Quote
noyau Posted August 14, 2019 at 11:55 AM Posted August 14, 2019 at 11:55 AM (edited) When I was at her show in London, the guys who paid for the diamond circle were all gays I think. So yes, I also assume that 99% of male fans (FANS, not just guys who like Céline) are gays. I only know ONE male fan who is not gay for now. (just... we need to have a survey or something, no ?^^) Unfortunately for me, it's not the same for female fans.... I don't know the percentage, but most of female fans are straight. I'm desperately searching for lesbians fans in Switzerland (send me an MP if you are ) Edited August 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM by noyau 2 Quote ***I speak French, sorry for my mistakes in English. I would be very happy if you write me a private message to tell me when I make mistakes, as I want to improve my English***
sebulba Posted June 16, 2020 at 05:42 AM Posted June 16, 2020 at 05:42 AM (edited) Old thread... Tbh I've never understood the correlation between being gay and listen to Celine. What it seem to be, at least to me based on this thread, is the level of fandom.Are you gay if you work with her and realise she is amazing like David Foster? Or gay if you have a minimum of three cd's? I mean lots of people listen to her music and there are lots of ways to listen to her music.So where do you draw the line? AlsoI don't think every gay man likes Celine and not every straight man dislikes Celine. Although I think many gay men make a fuss about it which makes them stand out which in turn makes people think all gay men likes Celine. Does every gay woman like Celike? Edited June 16, 2020 at 05:49 AM by sebulba Quote < >
browseceline Posted June 16, 2020 at 07:53 PM Posted June 16, 2020 at 07:53 PM Old thread... Tbh I've never understood the correlation between being gay and listen to Celine. What it seem to be, at least to me based on this thread, is the level of fandom.Are you gay if you work with her and realise she is amazing like David Foster? Or gay if you have a minimum of three cd's? I mean lots of people listen to her music and there are lots of ways to listen to her music.So where do you draw the line? AlsoI don't think every gay man likes Celine and not every straight man dislikes Celine. Although I think many gay men make a fuss about it which makes them stand out which in turn makes people think all gay men likes Celine. Does every gay woman like Celike?Celine Dion is a diva and gay men adore her larger than life persona. And of course her music. I myself i like Singers with powervoices and Celine just has that special thing that make her my Idol. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
sebulba Posted June 22, 2020 at 04:13 AM Posted June 22, 2020 at 04:13 AM (edited) Celine Dion is a diva and gay men adore her larger than life persona. And of course her music. I myself i like Singers with powervoices and Celine just has that special thing that make her my Idol. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met TapatalkAh ok I understand. "I myself i like Singers with powervoices..." totally agree me too. Edited June 22, 2020 at 04:14 AM by sebulba 1 Quote < >
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.