comingback Posted August 7, 2021 at 06:34 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 06:34 PM (edited) Yes! I think it’s time for Whitney medley Imagine Céline having fun with “How Will I Know” + I wanna dance with somebody https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qpj5iHWNE Greatest Love of all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac4w4kHx7ho and I will always love you Edited August 7, 2021 at 06:38 PM by comingback 4 Quote
Celinelife Posted August 7, 2021 at 06:44 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 06:44 PM But I would love her to do a Cher song. 1 Quote
ryba Posted August 7, 2021 at 07:51 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 07:51 PM I would love her to do more Celine songs. She has some gems like Reveal or RIFOY etc. which she never sang 7 Quote
ordinary fan Posted August 7, 2021 at 08:21 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 08:21 PM (edited) I would love her to do more Celine songs. She has some gems like Reveal or RIFOY etc. which she never sangA big yes, I would love future shows without any covers whic aren't her own already like IACBTMN or ABM until she sang every song which she hasn't sang yet like faith, RIFOY, this time, SLS, thankful, LAUN, DOY, ILY, JALBOL, NLWLY, IHT etc... Edited August 7, 2021 at 08:23 PM by ordinary fan 3 Quote
Nmj Posted August 7, 2021 at 10:04 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 10:04 PM Some gems that deserve their spot in my opinion are as follows: “Nothings broken but my heart”“Water from the moon”“With this tear”“Call the man”“Right in front of you”“Reveal”“I know what love is”“The greatest reward”“Surprise, Surprise”“Stand by your side” 6 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted August 7, 2021 at 11:03 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 11:03 PM (edited) A big yes, I would love future shows without any covers whic aren't her own already like IACBTMN or ABM until she sang every song which she hasn't sang yet like faith, RIFOY, this time, SLS, thankful, LAUN, DOY, ILY, JALBOL, NLWLY, IHT etc... I would be all for her incorporating her new cover of Wicked Game. "Thankful" as a closing song would be wonderful imo. LAUN yes, ILY would be cute. When the Wrong One Loves You Right would be a fun song to get a chance on stage. Edited August 7, 2021 at 11:05 PM by maki_Dion-er 3 Quote
Popular Post Nmj Posted August 8, 2021 at 02:00 AM Popular Post Posted August 8, 2021 at 02:00 AM (edited) I know not many people want a tribute section in this show…….but I wish for it, My wish is Celine will play a tribute section…..NOT to MJ, not Prince, not Stevie Wonder or Streisand but I want Celine to pay tribute to Celine Dion and sing her own damn songs! Pay tribute to all of her talented songwriters who gave her those “gifts”, and to finally embrace the ones that didn’t go to number one! She wants to pay tribute prince, cool sing the song he wrote for you, “with this tear”.Pay tribute to babs by singing “tell him”.Pay tribute to Sia and sing “heart of glass”Pay tribute to Bryan Adams and sing LTALPay tribute to Carole king and sing “The Reason” You see where I’m going… lol Edited August 8, 2021 at 02:24 AM by Nmj 12 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 8, 2021 at 03:23 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 03:23 AM I know not many people want a tribute section in this show…….but I wish for it,My wish is Celine will play a tribute section…..NOT to MJ, not Prince, not Stevie Wonder or Streisand but I want Celine to pay tribute to Celine Dion and sing her own damn songs! Pay tribute to all of her talented songwriters who gave her those "gifts", and to finally embrace the ones that didn't go to number one! She wants to pay tribute prince, cool sing the song he wrote for you, "with this tear".Pay tribute to babs by singing "tell him".Pay tribute to Sia and sing "heart of glass"Pay tribute to Bryan Adams and sing LTALPay tribute to Carole king and sing "The Reason" You see where I'm going… lol A Celine Dion tribute section...now that is taking chances! I wrote it elsewhere but she should have Bryan Adams and Carole King and Barbra all stop by for two nights and sing with her. She did this was Taro Hakase back in 2005, and they did TLYM for a couple of nights. It would go viral and be a nice reunion! 6 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 8, 2021 at 05:06 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 05:06 AM I still think she should do Courage and FOMO for sure but what about a medley like Lying Down/Lovers Never Die/Look at Us Now/The Hard Way… honestly I could so see it working. Courage is beautiful live and I would love to hear it again in person! And FOMO, even if partially lipped, is an amazing number she could have fun with!! 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Celinelife Posted August 8, 2021 at 06:36 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 06:36 AM I still think she should do Courage and FOMO for sure but what about a medley like Lying Down/Lovers Never Die/Look at Us Now/The Hard Way… honestly I could so see it working. Courage is beautiful live and I would love to hear it again in person! And FOMO, even if partially lipped, is an amazing number she could have fun with!! If she is doing FOMO..it should better be fully lipped..I don't care about Lip-Syncing as long as the shows aren't cancelled or postponed because of her Viral. But yes I would also love I surrender to be back again. 1 Quote
ordinary fan Posted August 8, 2021 at 07:02 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 07:02 AM I would be all for her incorporating her new cover of Wicked Game. "Thankful" as a closing song would be wonderful imo. LAUN yes, ILY would be cute. When the Wrong One Loves You Right would be a fun song to get a chance on stage.Oh yes wicked game would be nice. With covers she made already her own I meant this, covers she actually recorded so they belong to her discocraphy 4 Quote
rfkavanagh Posted August 8, 2021 at 07:23 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 07:23 AM Some gems that deserve their spot in my opinion are as follows: “Nothings broken but my heart”“Water from the moon”“With this tear”“Call the man”“Right in front of you”“Reveal”“I know what love is”“The greatest reward”“Surprise, Surprise”“Stand by your side” I would pay double for a concert that included these tracks! 7 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 8, 2021 at 07:57 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 07:57 AM I would pay double for a concert that included these tracks! Rich Kid! lol Quote
PuraVida Posted August 8, 2021 at 10:21 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 10:21 AM About her old residency, but for a lot of the Show Must Go On performances in Vegas, they had the guitars and instruments up way too loud relative to her voice. Was listening to that recently and was sad that Celine sounded far away or somewhat drowned out in a lot of fan recordings. Quote
ordinary fan Posted August 8, 2021 at 11:54 AM Posted August 8, 2021 at 11:54 AM (edited) About her old residency, but for a lot of the Show Must Go On performances in Vegas, they had the guitars and instruments up way too loud relative to her voice. Was listening to that recently and was sad that Celine sounded far away or somewhat drowned out in a lot of fan recordings.In person it was well balanced, I saw her in 2016 on tour and it was really great. Youtube videos never give you the real sound experience because the phones/cameras simply can't Edited August 8, 2021 at 11:56 AM by ordinary fan 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 8, 2021 at 12:22 PM Posted August 8, 2021 at 12:22 PM (edited) About her old residency, but for a lot of the Show Must Go On performances in Vegas, they had the guitars and instruments up way too loud relative to her voice. Was listening to that recently and was sad that Celine sounded far away or somewhat drowned out in a lot of fan recordings. Maybe you were watching were these fans are recording close to the stage.. you can barely hear her vocals there if you were that close. What you can hear that so loud are horns, trumpets… Edited August 8, 2021 at 12:23 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 8, 2021 at 01:09 PM Posted August 8, 2021 at 01:09 PM Maybe you were watching were these fans are recording close to the stage.. you can barely hear her vocals there if you were that close. What you can hear that so loud are horns, trumpets… I've also watched some recordings where the fans were higher up and not near the stage. I get it about phones, but it happened in some far away shots as well so I assumed this was something having to do with her Vegas audio set up. I'll keep searching for a well-balanced version from Vegas. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 8, 2021 at 01:21 PM Posted August 8, 2021 at 01:21 PM (edited) I've also watched some recordings where the fans were higher up and not near the stage. I get it about phones, but it happened in some far away shots as well so I assumed this was something having to do with her Vegas audio set up. I'll keep searching for a well-balanced version from Vegas. I think you should know that being there in person has a huge difference when just listening to a recordings from fancams. I myself were shocked when i heard her live back in 2018. Before, I was complaining about her mic being so low, like she was singing in a can like there’s a filter blocking her vocals and it doesn’t sound bright… but in person. It’s so clear and it’s really much better. Some fans who are recording with their phones, sometimes they block the mic even if just a little it will have a huge effect with sound quality. Also, there’s a “audio zoom” feature now on smartphones that affects the sound quality as well when you zoom in. Of course, the audio will zoom in also and focuses on the zoomed area which really affects the sound quality that’s why it’s better to just zoom it out for better sounds Edited August 8, 2021 at 01:25 PM by jpatdeleon09 4 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 8, 2021 at 10:18 PM Posted August 8, 2021 at 10:18 PM https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/nation-world/live-nations-artists-covid-vaccine/507-48660307-707e-48b5-8060-f1fa0597de35 Here"s a new article Quote
PuraVida Posted August 9, 2021 at 12:28 AM Posted August 9, 2021 at 12:28 AM I think you should know that being there in person has a huge difference when just listening to a recordings from fancams. I myself were shocked when i heard her live back in 2018. Before, I was complaining about her mic being so low, like she was singing in a can like there's a filter blocking her vocals and it doesn't sound bright… but in person. It's so clear and it's really much better. Some fans who are recording with their phones, sometimes they block the mic even if just a little it will have a huge effect with sound quality. Also, there's a "audio zoom" feature now on smartphones that affects the sound quality as well when you zoom in. Of course, the audio will zoom in also and focuses on the zoomed area which really affects the sound quality that's why it's better to just zoom it out for better sounds I do know that. I've seen her live. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 9, 2021 at 05:45 AM Posted August 9, 2021 at 05:45 AM (edited) I do know that. I've seen her live. But comparing the fancam recordings from the lambs. They have better quality. Maybe they edit the sound first before uploading it. It’s so so so bright. The vocals were bright and the instrumentals were balanced. It has great bass. So in short, They know how to shoot and edit lol Edited August 9, 2021 at 05:47 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
ehild Posted August 9, 2021 at 06:11 PM Posted August 9, 2021 at 06:11 PM https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/nation-world/live-nations-artists-covid-vaccine/507-48660307-707e-48b5-8060-f1fa0597de35 Here"s a new articleA lot of employers are now issuing vaccine mandates in non-union states! I'm hoping that gets us to 75%-80% vaccinated...that's a huge win compared to where we're at. Idk if we'd ever get to 90% or higher given the mindset of a lot if ppl here. But that makes me much more comfortable attending opening weekend. 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
ryba Posted August 10, 2021 at 12:04 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 12:04 PM Apparently the vaccine doesn’t guarantee an ultimate protection against the virus as new data show. So I don’t see a soon end of this pandemic. It’s really hard to believe that Vegas shows will start this year already 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 10, 2021 at 12:42 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 12:42 PM Other Vegas shows are already happening. Broadway, too. Why wouldn’t Celine’s show happen? 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 10, 2021 at 01:27 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 01:27 PM Here's the thing: If you're vaccinated, you could still get Covid. However, the vaccines have proven to protect against all variants that have emerged to a place where, if you do manage to contract the virus, you're not likely to need hospitalization and/or die from it...just like the flu. We don't shut everything down and not have concerts/restaurants/theaters/sports during flu season. We'll be living with the Covid virus for years to come, just like the flu. We may need to get a Covid shot every year, just like we get a flu shot. The world is now learning how best to function with this new ongoing pathogen and that is: GET VACCINATED 7 Quote
MTJ Posted August 10, 2021 at 04:24 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 04:24 PM (edited) This is my setlist, since this the thread is beyond dead lol. 1. That’s the way it is2. The power of love3. It’s all coming back to me now4. All by myselfWARDROBE CHANGE5. Nothings broken but my heart6. Ashes7. MEDLEY….If you asked me to/ water from the moon/ reveal/ I love you/unfinished songs8. The color of my loveWARDROBE CHANGE9. I drove all night10. Courage11. How did you get here12. PQTMEWARDROBE CHANGE13. Declaration of love14. Choir section…Call the man/Thankful/ Love can Move Mountains15. UnisonWARDROBE CHANGE16. Because You Loved Me17. A new day has come (radio remix)18. Perfect goodbyeWARDROBE CHANGE19. (Encore) My heart will go on20. (Final encore)Stand by your side I would be beyond thrilled if she sang this set. Well thought out! For me, I know Celine is thinking this: focus on dancing/art has been done, focus on huge production orchestra has been done...She'll take the best of what she's learned and of those of whom she's met, and she'll keep her friends and her team close by, and she'll enlist the help of some Quebecer team to create some impressive tech marvel to steal the show. I'm sure that's what we can expect (along with some new covers and expensive new clothes). Myself, I'm very much looking forward to it. And I'm thrilled I'll be there in person for once, instead of staying up all night reading twitter and watching instagram posts from people staying in Vegas. I hope there will be some celebs!!! I'll have my phone ready to record anything thrilling that happens to share, of course. Actually, as the stars are currently aligned, I'm also gonna be at the premier of Courage (since March 2020) in Denver next March. Knock on wood it doesn't get moved for the third time! I expect it will be the same setlist with some refreshed things stolen from Vegas, and all new clothes, as always. ALSO I really really really believe they're gonna release Lying Down as a full single, along with the video, to promote the tour gearing back up in the spring... maybe even a special Courage Tour CD/DVD with some more new songs??? (Ok, maybe I'm dreaming!) Edited August 10, 2021 at 04:35 PM by MTJ 3 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 10, 2021 at 06:20 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 06:20 PM Here's the thing: If you're vaccinated, you could still get Covid. However, the vaccines have proven to protect against all variants that have emerged to a place where, if you do manage to contract the virus, you're not likely to need hospitalization and/or die from it...just like the flu. We don't shut everything down and not have concerts/restaurants/theaters/sports during flu season. We'll be living with the Covid virus for years to come, just like the flu. We may need to get a Covid shot every year, just like we get a flu shot. The world is now learning how best to function with this new ongoing pathogen and that is: GET VACCINATED Comparing COVID-19 to the flu is insanely misguided. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 10, 2021 at 06:30 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 06:30 PM Comparing COVID-19 to the flu is insanely misguided. Not anymore it isn't. Epidemiologists are all doing the same thing now. The Covid vaccine makes the risk of contracting and dying from the virus the same as the flu virus. If you're not vaccinated, the Covid and the Flu are nothing similar. But if you're vaccinated, you're only going to experience flu like symptoms if you contract Covid. You will most likely not be hospitalized, put on a ventilator, and die as you would if you're unvaccinated. As with everything, the more they learn about the virus, the better information they can give everyone. And right now, they're saying that if you're vaccinated, you have nothing to fear. Now, am I still gonna wear a mask at that opening night? You better believe it! (And probably most of the time in Vegas the way Nevada/Vegas are treating Covid as if it doesn't exist.) But my doctor did an antibody test and my body's system reacted extremely well to the vaccine. There comes a time where you have to stop being afraid. I spent 16 months in terror. I've been vaccinated. That's the best I can do. Other than enjoy the f u c k out of opening night!!! 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 10, 2021 at 07:58 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 07:58 PM For those that want a count down we only have 87 days left , I on the other hand have 85 days left , 3 Quote
ehild Posted August 10, 2021 at 11:01 PM Posted August 10, 2021 at 11:01 PM Comparing COVID-19 to the flu is insanely misguided.I don't think she's comparing the two but more making the point that this virus isn't going anywhere. And best way to protect against it is the vaccine. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.