ehild Posted August 5, 2021 at 11:55 PM Posted August 5, 2021 at 11:55 PM oh god no, she sounded horrible on itI think she was playing around more there lol. I think if she seriously focused on it, it'd be cool. Personally I'd like either a Billy Joel or Eagles tribute. Or Whitney...she could really nail some Whitney songs. She and the band would have fun with Uptown Girl, which would be right up Céline's alley with fashion, etc (song was originally about Christie Brinkley). That's also one of my fave Billy Joel songs so I'm a bit biased there lol. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 6, 2021 at 12:05 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 12:05 AM Even with things getting bad again, I highly doubt Resorts World will postpone the opening of their theater. They need the money. And Vegas is fully open - casinos, other performers’ shows. Nevada is a state that likes to pretend Covid doesn’t exist so they will most likely just plow forward. And there’s not much for anyone to really say about this upcoming show. As someone else pointed out above, we know 70% of the set list. We might get one rare throwback-Celine song and we’ll get all sorts of new cover songs. The most that will be different will be the technical aspects of the show. And considering opening night is a benefit for Covid relief, I can only imagine it’ll happen. I’m sure Celine, everyone on stage and behind the scenes will have been vaccinated and everyone will be wearing masks except Celine and the back up singers during the show. Quote
ehild Posted August 6, 2021 at 12:23 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 12:23 AM Agreed there. I also don't see her high-fiving fans or the mosh pit happening again (at least for a while). And at the end of the day, while Celine has a say, it's also up to AEG, etc. too. 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
PuraVida Posted August 6, 2021 at 02:40 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 02:40 AM Corporate greed over public health. In Australia, if they catch cases they will enter snap lockdowns. No doubt someone from a Resorts World show will be proven to have had covid at the show or to have contracted it there. And then what? 1 Quote
ehild Posted August 6, 2021 at 03:55 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 03:55 AM Corporate greed over public health. In Australia, if they catch cases they will enter snap lockdowns. No doubt someone from a Resorts World show will be proven to have had covid at the show or to have contracted it there. And then what?The US is special like that. Heaven forbid we actually consider the well being of others...nooo, it infringes on people's rights to have to wear a mask or get a vaccine. It's mind boggling really. We were doing really well...people were getting vaccinated and our cases were decreasing. Then it just stopped and all the unvaccinated people keep spreading the Delta variant. Now they're accounting for most (if not all) of the hospitalizations here. But yet people still won't get vaccinated. And that brings us to the current state of things. I'd love to say it's just businesses being greedy but that's really not the case. Some People just won't wear a mask and are ok with dying....because, ya know...their personal rights. Which is why I think, unless we start looking at another national shutdown, nothing is getting canceled. Especially in Vegas. It's like the Florida of the west LOL. 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
PuraVida Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:38 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:38 AM The US is special like that. Heaven forbid we actually consider the well being of others...nooo, it infringes on people's rights to have to wear a mask or get a vaccine. It's mind boggling really. We were doing really well...people were getting vaccinated and our cases were decreasing. Then it just stopped and all the unvaccinated people keep spreading the Delta variant. Now they're accounting for most (if not all) of the hospitalizations here. But yet people still won't get vaccinated. And that brings us to the current state of things. I'd love to say it's just businesses being greedy but that's really not the case. Some People just won't wear a mask and are ok with dying....because, ya know...their personal rights. Which is why I think, unless we start looking at another national shutdown, nothing is getting canceled. Especially in Vegas. It's like the Florida of the west LOL. 30% unvaccinated in the USA would mean about 100 million people. That's a lot of risk and a lot of death. And Vegas is a huge risk spot because of its unique draw and how it's pretty disconnected....and Celine is one of the biggest international draws that exist so of course she would inspire more people to travel from all over. The worst case scenario is Celine catching the virus and it permanently affecting her voice. I wonder what Rene would have thought as her manager advising her about this contract for Resorts World or about performing. 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:51 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:51 AM I wonder if she has one big WhatsApp group with all her brothers and sisters. I’m sure she does. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:53 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:53 AM Do we know what kind of show this new residency will be? Something à la A New Day... or Celine? Or something completely different?They only said "intimate and imaginative". Céline also said “clean”. I’m not sure what exactly that’s supposed to mean. It does sound positive though. 3 Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:59 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:59 AM (edited) clean..... does it mean they will hide the band again for clean stage and more room for visual elements? They said imaginative. I assume they will go more high tech here. more visual stage projection? Edited August 6, 2021 at 06:04 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted August 6, 2021 at 06:04 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 06:04 AM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYxHV8oqtk I can see her putin this song in the new show I never thought of it but it could work. oh god no, she sounded horrible on it I don’t think she sounded that bad. Certainly better than she did on “We Will Rock You”. This is the kind of song she could make her own. Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 6, 2021 at 06:07 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 06:07 AM (edited) I think Céline will do a great job singing that "We Are The Champion" song with Scott's new arrangement. I mean, that short singing of Céline of that song was just for fun. If they took this seriously it will be amazing like what they did with "The Show Must Go On". Too bad they didn't include this on her Asian Summer Tour back in 2018. I was waiting for this song on that show because I want to hear and see it Live and I'm so proud with what they did to that song. That arrangement was perfectly done. Too bad my country didn't witness it Live. Edited August 6, 2021 at 06:11 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
Celinelife Posted August 6, 2021 at 09:44 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 09:44 AM She has to include Ashes and How Does A Moment Lasts Forever and one or two Courage songs... It'd be great if she sang Seduces me..chances are high because of 25 years of it and 40 years of her career and Seduces Me being her favourite song. I wouldn't hate her to do a acoustic or strings of Because You Loved Me. Quote
ordinary fan Posted August 6, 2021 at 09:58 AM Posted August 6, 2021 at 09:58 AM She has to include Ashes and How Does A Moment Lasts Forever and one or two Courage songs... It'd be great if she sang Seduces me..chances are high because of 25 years of it and 40 years of her career and Seduces Me being her favourite song. I wouldn't hate her to do a acoustic or strings of Because You Loved Me.I agree and the idea for BYLM is great, it would be so beautiful Quote
ivo Posted August 6, 2021 at 03:47 PM Posted August 6, 2021 at 03:47 PM She has to include Ashes and How Does A Moment Lasts Forever and one or two Courage songs... It'd be great if she sang Seduces me..chances are high because of 25 years of it and 40 years of her career and Seduces Me being her favourite song. I wouldn't hate her to do a acoustic or strings of Because You Loved Me. Ashes should return, but for me HDAMLF does not have to return, it was nice to have it during the 2017 tour. During this song many people went to the bar or toilet because they don’t know the song. I think songs another song from Courage would be better received. Recovering may return also. Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:11 PM Posted August 6, 2021 at 05:11 PM I would think Recovering would be retired at this point. Pink wrote it for Celine to sing during concerts while she was grieving. I can’t see Celine returning to that again. HDAMLF wasn’t a hit nor has it become known so I also think that’s doubtful. Ashes…maybe. But since my Instagram post from 3 years ago (which was just sharing Ryan Reynold’s post of the Ashes video) was recently removed for copyright reasons, the studio that owns the rights to the song may want control over it again? I can’t see Courage in the Vegas show. Imperfections, maybe. Superwoman most definitely, depending on how hard it is to sing live, since it will be her newest song. I could see her reaching into the back catalogue for a single in the U.S. like When I Fall In Love or Misled rather than something from the Courage album as it’s Vegas and that audience won’t be familiar with the album for the most part. Imperfections is the only song I expect to represent the Courage album. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 6, 2021 at 08:05 PM Posted August 6, 2021 at 08:05 PM (edited) I think Courage song will be part of the vegas show. I mean, she’s already comfortable singing that song without any struggle compared to the earlier shows during Courage Tour. And it still new since Courage is still her latest and still being promoted That’s why they shouldn’t have removed Lying Down so she can be comfortable singing this song every show. It’s like a practice to her until she perfects it Edited August 6, 2021 at 08:06 PM by jpatdeleon09 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 6, 2021 at 08:11 PM Posted August 6, 2021 at 08:11 PM I'll tell you all right now , she not going to sing those songs in the is set of shows,, she going to save those songs for the tour Quote
Nmj Posted August 7, 2021 at 01:15 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 01:15 AM This is my setlist, since this the thread is beyond dead lol. 1. That’s the way it is 2. The power of love3. It’s all coming back to me now4. All by myselfWARDROBE CHANGE5. Nothings broken but my heart6. Ashes7. MEDLEY….If you asked me to/ water from the moon/ reveal/ I love you/unfinished songs8. The color of my loveWARDROBE CHANGE 9. I drove all night 10. Courage 11. How did you get here12. PQTMEWARDROBE CHANGE13. Declaration of love14. Choir section…Call the man/Thankful/ Love can Move Mountains15. Unison WARDROBE CHANGE 16. Because You Loved Me 17. A new day has come (radio remix)18. Perfect goodbye WARDROBE CHANGE 19. (Encore) My heart will go on 20. (Final encore)Stand by your side 4 Quote
ehild Posted August 7, 2021 at 03:02 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 03:02 AM 30% unvaccinated in the USA would mean about 100 million people. That's a lot of risk and a lot of death. And Vegas is a huge risk spot because of its unique draw and how it's pretty disconnected....and Celine is one of the biggest international draws that exist so of course she would inspire more people to travel from all over. The worst case scenario is Celine catching the virus and it permanently affecting her voice. I wonder what Rene would have thought as her manager advising her about this contract for Resorts World or about performing.We actually just reached 50% today apparently. Some states and counties are better than the others. I'm hoping people continue to get vaccinated, especially with Delta. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 7, 2021 at 03:50 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 03:50 AM I know we already have lambda variant in some countries Quote
thatstheteacherinmehbaby Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:14 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:14 AM (edited) It's gotten pretty extreme, though. Last year at least we were getting the nature pics every once in a while. But now? We haven't seen a glimpse of her since mid-May...There are worse things I know, but I do miss her presence 😥 I know I do miss her too! It really SUCKS ALOT that we will probably not see or hear from her until she comes back to performing next year! Her first show back is next spring right? Then she starts her Vegas residency later next year... But we gotta wait sooo many months (about several months from now,) before we hear from Celine or her team again! 😒 I really do understand she is "taking a break" & all, but come on, it will be OVER 2 YEARS before we see or hear from her again, I hope that she will make an appearance @ least one time before she starts her concerts again... WISHFUL THINKING lol... 🙏 Edited August 7, 2021 at 05:29 AM by thatstheteacherinmehbaby Quote sincerely, maria <3
thatstheteacherinmehbaby Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:28 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:28 AM (edited) The US is special like that. Heaven forbid we actually consider the well being of others...nooo, it infringes on people's rights to have to wear a mask or get a vaccine. It's mind boggling really. We were doing really well...people were getting vaccinated and our cases were decreasing. Then it just stopped and all the unvaccinated people keep spreading the Delta variant. Now they're accounting for most (if not all) of the hospitalizations here. But yet people still won't get vaccinated. And that brings us to the current state of things. I'd love to say it's just businesses being greedy but that's really not the case. Some People just won't wear a mask and are ok with dying....because, ya know...their personal rights. Which is why I think, unless we start looking at another national shutdown, nothing is getting canceled. Especially in Vegas. It's like the Florida of the west LOL. Oh do not even get me started on this whole situation with the coronavirus & the vaccines, I think its ridicolous lol... I am sorry but unless a person is either 1. Too young to get the vaccine yet - which is all children under 16, @ least here in the U.S, CAN NOT be vaccinated yet so the vaccine has not been aporoved for children under 16 yet (I have read that they are doing studies & tests on that now in order to try to get all children under 16 vaccinated by either later this year or beginning of next year, but I do not know the exact info on that, I have heard about that vaguely,) Or the other group that is the exception of getting vaccinated: 2. Those who have allergic reactions to the ingredients of the vaccine (which unfortunately DOES HAPPEN just like with the flu vaccines & other vaccines & medications, where certain people have severe allergic reactions that prevents them from getting vaccinations to begin with...) But other than those persons who are too young to be vaccinated/or are allergic to the ingredients in the vaccines, everybody else SHOULD GET THE VACCINATIONS!!!! I mean come on, we are all tired of being in this never ending pandemic from hell after a year & a half of this crap, trust me I know I am!!!! & as soon as I could, I got vaccinated & all of my family members (except for my kids who are too young right now,) got vaccinated as well!!!! I mean right now the vaccines are the worlds ONLY WAY out of this pandemic!!!! If we all want to be back to normal ASAP, then everybody needs to just GET THE VACCINE!!!! (again NOT INCLUDING those who ARE NOT able to be vaccinated currently, to everybody else there are NO EXCUSES for it, lets get this crap done & over with!!!!) 🙏😬 Edited August 7, 2021 at 05:38 AM by thatstheteacherinmehbaby Quote sincerely, maria <3
nowanorris Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:40 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:40 AM I know I do miss her too! It really SUCKS ALOT that we will probably not see or hear from her until she comes back to performing next year! Her first show back is next spring right? Then she starts her Vegas residency later next year... But we gotta wait sooo many months (about several months from now,) before we hear from Celine or her team again! I really do understand she is "taking a break" & all, but come on, it will be OVER 2 YEARS before we see or hear from her again, I hope that she will make an appearance @ least one time before she starts her concerts again... WISHFUL THINKING lol... Vegas residency starts THIS year...November 5th. And regarding your other post - the Pfizer vaccine is approved for ages 12+. Quote
nowanorris Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:42 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:42 AM This is my setlist, since this the thread is beyond dead lol. 1. That’s the way it is2. The power of love3. It’s all coming back to me now4. All by myselfWARDROBE CHANGE5. Nothings broken but my heart6. Ashes7. MEDLEY….If you asked me to/ water from the moon/ reveal/ I love you/unfinished songs8. The color of my loveWARDROBE CHANGE9. I drove all night10. Courage11. How did you get here12. PQTMEWARDROBE CHANGE13. Declaration of love14. Choir section…Call the man/Thankful/ Love can Move Mountains15. UnisonWARDROBE CHANGE16. Because You Loved Me17. A new day has come (radio remix)18. Perfect goodbyeWARDROBE CHANGE19. (Encore) My heart will go on20. (Final encore)Stand by your side I would pay full ticket price JUST to hear Water From the Moon live! 4 Quote
Tricey3115 Posted August 7, 2021 at 08:32 AM Posted August 7, 2021 at 08:32 AM Next year? Umm i dont know what rock your under but the vegas residency starts this November I know I do miss her too! It really SUCKS ALOT that we will probably not see or hear from her until she comes back to performing next year! Her first show back is next spring right? Then she starts her Vegas residency later next year... But we gotta wait sooo many months (about several months from now,) before we hear from Celine or her team again! 😒 I really do understand she is "taking a break" & all, but come on, it will be OVER 2 YEARS before we see or hear from her again, I hope that she will make an appearance @ least one time before she starts her concerts again... WISHFUL THINKING lol... 🙏 Quote
comingback Posted August 7, 2021 at 12:33 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 12:33 PM I think she was playing around more there lol. I think if she seriously focused on it, it'd be cool. Personally I'd like either a Billy Joel or Eagles tribute. Or Whitney...she could really nail some Whitney songs. She and the band would have fun with Uptown Girl, which would be right up Céline's alley with fashion, etc (song was originally about Christie Brinkley). That's also one of my fave Billy Joel songs so I'm a bit biased there lol. Another Queen cover : 😒Hell No A Whitney medley: a big Yes🤩 2 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted August 7, 2021 at 12:48 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 12:48 PM She could do a entire Queen tribute show and I'd love it. Simply because she clearly loves the songs. Obviously not every song is equally suitable for her, but TSMGO? Love of my Life? Bring it on. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 7, 2021 at 04:44 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 04:44 PM Another Queen cover : Hell NoA Whitney medley: a big Yes Yes! I think it’s time for Whitney medley Imagine Céline having fun with “How Will I Know” 2 Quote
Celinelife Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:05 PM Posted August 7, 2021 at 05:05 PM I would not like if she does like a tribute. I know it sounds pathetic of me to say this..but audience may get bored sitting there listening to two or three songs of another artist in a Celine Dion show. It's better to do a medley of different artists with a one song of her own like she is doing nowadays. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.