PuraVida Posted May 13, 2021 at 11:30 AM Posted May 13, 2021 at 11:30 AM I just wish they'd kept the classic logo alive though. Agreed. Quote
scielle Posted May 13, 2021 at 12:43 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 12:43 PM Another interview coming next week on NBC’s Today:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetAlso, there’s one on Breakfast TV in Canada today. Hopefully they put it online. 3 Quote
Nmj Posted May 13, 2021 at 01:13 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 01:13 PM I think Celine's fears about upsetting the fans and disappointing them are self-imposed. Celine, you and your team would know what the fans want if you just ask! Barbra, your idol, is proof that people will fill the stadiums and they don't care if all of your songs are huge top 40 hits. It's weird....because the same Celine scared to branch out on the setlist is the exact same one that will put a John Farham song on her setlist lol. I agree. I don’t understand why they never ask the fans what they want to hear? Even if just one song, poll the fans for a lesser known song. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 13, 2021 at 01:22 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 01:22 PM I have been on this forum (and enjoyed doing so) since the 90s, before it changed domain to its current form and all of that, and really now, where it used to be a place to indulge in my number one love and happiness, it has become such a s h i t fest. I know forums are places for discussion, debate and different opinions, but it's just not fun or happy anymore. Celine is one of the number one performers and most incredible talents in the world and while she is far from perfect and while so much more imagination could have been used by her team and by her at times, we are so lucky to have her. Still going strong, still breaking records and still Celine. I can't cope with the expectation of her on here anymore- the writing the new show off, of assuming the worst. It's depressing. Actually depressing. Where I come to be happy, is consistently always doom and gloom. Where is the love? Not here. This x1000. It's like this board suddenly turned into the Celine Dion Hatred Message Board. Everything changed when Celine didn't promote the Courage album. Ever since then, it's been nothing but tearing Celine down. Is there another place with fans who actually like her?! I guess it's the also hated Facebook group? 6 Quote
ryba Posted May 13, 2021 at 01:52 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 01:52 PM (edited) So from the phone interview we now know that Celine had been vaccinated. I wonder how she felt after her vaccination. I really enjoyed that phone interview. She gave so many insights. I prefer that over the typical tv interviews. And I’m thankful that the interviewer posted the full audio. Edited May 13, 2021 at 01:53 PM by ryba 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 13, 2021 at 03:36 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 03:36 PM I have been on this forum (and enjoyed doing so) since the 90s, before it changed domain to its current form and all of that, and really now, where it used to be a place to indulge in my number one love and happiness, it has become such a s h i t fest. I know forums are places for discussion, debate and different opinions, but it’s just not fun or happy anymore. Celine is one of the number one performers and most incredible talents in the world and while she is far from perfect and while so much more imagination could have been used by her team and by her at times, we are so lucky to have her. Still going strong, still breaking records and still Celine. I can’t cope with the expectation of her on here anymore- the writing the new show off, of assuming the worst. It’s depressing. Actually depressing. Where I come to be happy, is consistently always doom and gloom. Where is the love? Not here. This is exactly why I rarely respond anymore. I scan the pages for articles, I hop into the YouTube thread to see videos. But this forum has become such a pit of pessimistic drivel. Every little thing is dissected like a frog in Biology class to the point of doing so just for the mere opportunity to make a complaint. It’s very sad. And strange. 7 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 13, 2021 at 03:47 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 03:47 PM (edited) To be fair with the courage tour announcement she set a lot of our expectations high and obviously hugely undelivered. And the same again ( so far ) with this announcement and then various interviews over the last 24 hours hinting at a mirror image of the last residency, so you can’t blame fans for being sceptical this time round. She’s better off just saying very little and then see what fans think after opening night… don’t false advertise again I think is what many Negative Nancy’s are saying (me included) and we also have a right to voice their opinions just like other easily pleased Positive Pauline's do on here We don’t always have to agree… balance people, it’s all about balance! Edited May 13, 2021 at 03:51 PM by Shamrock_1982 4 Quote
Popular Post CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:33 PM Popular Post Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:33 PM To be fair with the courage tour announcement she set a lot of our expectations high and obviously hugely undelivered. And the same again ( so far ) with this announcement and then various interviews over the last 24 hours hinting at a mirror image of the last residency, so you can’t blame fans for being sceptical this time round. She’s better off just saying very little and then see what fans think after opening night… don’t false advertise again I think is what many Negative Nancy’s are saying (me included) and we also have a right to voice their opinions just like other easily pleased Positive Pauline's do on here We don’t always have to agree… balance people, it’s all about balance! It’s more so that the negative Nancies, even after years of placing the same complaints over and over again, and placing the same high expectations only to be disappointed time after time...still repeat their own history. I’m not an easily pleased Positive Pauline. I’ve just come to realize that we’re going to get what we get. I can either enjoy that my idol still performs, be miserable about what she “isn’t giving us” or move onto someone new. I choose the first choice. There aren’t many people that I would still pay to see perform. Celine will always be one of the few. Even if I know I’m going to get mostly the same songs in a set list. There is nothing like the euphoria that I feel when I see Celine live on stage. It’s about knowing what to expect after all of these years, and acceptance. If it’s not something that’s easy for some of you to accept, I just don’t understand why you all waste your energy complaining when you know in your hearts what is actually coming. Negativity and complaining ages you faster, and puts a boomerang of energy into the universe that will just eventually come back and impact your life in some other way. 14 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
tomantha Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:41 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:41 PM No prices nor VIP packages info yet ? Quote
george_matei Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:53 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:53 PM So from the phone interview we now know that Celine had been vaccinated. I wonder how she felt after her vaccination. I really enjoyed that phone interview. She gave so many insights. I prefer that over the typical tv interviews. And I’m thankful that the interviewer posted the full audio.Where I can find it? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:56 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 04:56 PM (edited) It’s more so that the negative Nancies, even after years of placing the same complaints over and over again, and placing the same high expectations only to be disappointed time after time...still repeat their own history. I’m not an easily pleased Positive Pauline. I’ve just come to realize that we’re going to get what we get. I can either enjoy that my idol still performs, be miserable about what she “isn’t giving us” or move onto someone new. I choose the first choice. There aren’t many people that I would still pay to see perform. Celine will always be one of the few. Even if I know I’m going to get mostly the same songs in a set list. There is nothing like the euphoria that I feel when I see Celine live on stage. It’s about knowing what to expect after all of these years, and acceptance. If it’s not something that’s easy for some of you to accept, I just don’t understand why you all waste your energy complaining when you know in your hearts what is actually coming. Negativity and complaining ages you faster, and puts a boomerang of energy into the universe that will just eventually come back and impact your life in some other way. Sometimes hard to know these days what to expect when celine says one thing and delivers another… maybe she should leave the talking to her P.R team to be safe ay! That’s the point I’m making…just come out and say “the best has been a gone” then we all know what to expect and we all then know not to expect anything from her anymore and if u want to go see a greatest hits show she’s in Vegas and will eventually end up like Barry! Edited May 13, 2021 at 05:00 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
ehild Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:10 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:10 PM Another interview coming next week on NBC’s Today:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetAlso, there’s one on Breakfast TV in Canada today. Hopefully they put it online.Yeah! Each day they're interviewing a different headliner. Yesterday was Luke Bryan and today Carrie Underwood. I'm guessing Katy Perry will be tomorrow and Celine rounding them out next week. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
dawn Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:18 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:18 PM Another interview coming next week on NBC's Today:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetAlso, there's one on Breakfast TV in Canada today. Hopefully they put it online. Yes, it's available here: https://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/chatting-with-global-superstar-celine-dion/ Quote
scielle Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:35 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:35 PM Yes, it's available here: https://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/chatting-with-global-superstar-celine-dion/ Thanks! And an excerpt here:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
ryba Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:57 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 05:57 PM Where I can find it?https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/i-am-an-open-book-rejuvenated-celine-dion-sets-november-relaunch-2352141/ Quote
nowanorris Posted May 13, 2021 at 06:04 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 06:04 PM It's more so that the negative Nancies, even after years of placing the same complaints over and over again, and placing the same high expectations only to be disappointed time after time...still repeat their own history. I'm not an easily pleased Positive Pauline. I've just come to realize that we're going to get what we get. I can either enjoy that my idol still performs, be miserable about what she "isn't giving us" or move onto someone new. I choose the first choice. There aren't many people that I would still pay to see perform. Celine will always be one of the few. Even if I know I'm going to get mostly the same songs in a set list. There is nothing like the euphoria that I feel when I see Celine live on stage. It's about knowing what to expect after all of these years, and acceptance. If it's not something that's easy for some of you to accept, I just don't understand why you all waste your energy complaining when you know in your hearts what is actually coming. Negativity and complaining ages you faster, and puts a boomerang of energy into the universe that will just eventually come back and impact your life in some other way. THIS! Literally everything you said - spot on! 3 Quote
ryba Posted May 13, 2021 at 07:43 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 07:43 PM (edited) It's more so that the negative Nancies, even after years of placing the same complaints over and over again, and placing the same high expectations only to be disappointed time after time...still repeat their own history. I'm not an easily pleased Positive Pauline. I've just come to realize that we're going to get what we get. I can either enjoy that my idol still performs, be miserable about what she "isn't giving us" or move onto someone new. I choose the first choice. There aren't many people that I would still pay to see perform. Celine will always be one of the few. Even if I know I'm going to get mostly the same songs in a set list. There is nothing like the euphoria that I feel when I see Celine live on stage. It's about knowing what to expect after all of these years, and acceptance. If it's not something that's easy for some of you to accept, I just don't understand why you all waste your energy complaining when you know in your hearts what is actually coming. Negativity and complaining ages you faster, and puts a boomerang of energy into the universe that will just eventually come back and impact your life in some other way.wow, I love what you said Even though I am one of those who tend to complain about the lack of releases, I think you've put it in very good words. I realised myself that acceptance is the way through, but I still have some hope that we might get a little more than what we do right now. Let's see. Edited May 13, 2021 at 07:44 PM by ryba 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 13, 2021 at 08:58 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 08:58 PM (edited) It's more so that the negative Nancies, even after years of placing the same complaints over and over again, and placing the same high expectations only to be disappointed time after time...still repeat their own history. I'm not an easily pleased Positive Pauline. I've just come to realize that we're going to get what we get. I can either enjoy that my idol still performs, be miserable about what she "isn't giving us" or move onto someone new. I choose the first choice. There aren't many people that I would still pay to see perform. Celine will always be one of the few. Even if I know I'm going to get mostly the same songs in a set list. There is nothing like the euphoria that I feel when I see Celine live on stage. It's about knowing what to expect after all of these years, and acceptance. If it's not something that's easy for some of you to accept, I just don't understand why you all waste your energy complaining when you know in your hearts what is actually coming. Negativity and complaining ages you faster, and puts a boomerang of energy into the universe that will just eventually come back and impact your life in some other way. Complaining also gets things changed. I have no doubt Team Celine read the fans' opinions about the lack of good social media presence and not releasing material onto her official Youtube for fans. And then they improved on that front. Complaining gets turned into action when fans unite i.e. #SayYesCeline campaign, which, although not a tsunami at present, has put out amazing content and has a clear goal. And, when the reality is a mixed back and the team gives mixed messages, why would you blame fans for getting their hopes up? Vegas staleness over the years was intermixed with some moments of summer tours that were quite exciting and interesting. The Courage Tour was only her second world tour in 11 or 12 years....and when Celine said she had surprises, fans believed her. Not to mention, now, fans have no way of knowing what type of a 3rd show Celine would do. It's still uncharted territories. The previous two residencies were quite different, so fans would logically expect a different show this time. I don't begrudge them that....especially since Celine is still in a new phase of her life and her collaboration with Scott Price et al. is still relatively new. Edited May 13, 2021 at 09:02 PM by PuraVida 2 Quote
Popular Post Chantemoi Posted May 13, 2021 at 10:00 PM Popular Post Posted May 13, 2021 at 10:00 PM I’ve also been a forum member since the old regime, and I’ve also experienced the many ups and downs over the years of fans’ attitudes. From wigs, to vocals, to costumes and to recycled playback tracks, we’ve analyzed Céline’s career up and down. Each of us offers a unique perspective, because we each project our own desires onto her—whether we like it or not, we’ve ALL done it before. But I don’t think the forum’s reaction to the Resorts World residency has been overwhelmingly negative. In fact, I think we’ve been quite sober about it. But of course, that’s my opinion and naturally some people will disagree. We’re all allowed to have opinions about Céline’s management, their strategy, the show’s theme, the setlist, the theater’s carpeting and colour scheme, etc. because we ARE the customers. If we keep all our opinions locked up, for better or worse, there would be no conservation at all — just news reports. If that’s all you want, then the forum isn’t really the place to come, is it? Some of the posts above mine did a fine job of stating why fans expectations have been so far removed from reality. When you say the new tour/residency will be special for the fans, and the outcome is much different, that’s not our fault. This forum has been a place for us to speak our minds, and I agree with PuraVida that some of these complaints have been addressed in light of the fans’ reactions, so it’s not all in vain. Personally, after what happened with the CWT premiere—one of the most negative fan reactions I’ve ever seen—I’ve learned not to get my hopes up this time around. Perhaps the 2016-2017 tours were just a fluke. Perhaps the costumes will be the only big changes from here on out . . . Best to hope for the best and expect the worst, but we’ll just have to wait and see. 12 Quote
tomantha Posted May 13, 2021 at 10:35 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 10:35 PM Back to the topic... No ticket prices, no VIP packages information yet ?? Quote
sarit_celine Posted May 13, 2021 at 10:51 PM Posted May 13, 2021 at 10:51 PM I've also been a forum member since the old regime, and I've also experienced the many ups and downs over the years of fans' attitudes. From wigs, to vocals, to costumes and to recycled playback tracks, we've analyzed Céline's career up and down. Each of us offers a unique perspective, because we each project our own desires onto her—whether we like it or not, we've ALL done it before. But I don't think the forum's reaction to the Resorts World residency has been overwhelmingly negative. In fact, I think we've been quite sober about it. But of course, that's my opinion and naturally some people will disagree. We're all allowed to have opinions about Céline's management, their strategy, the show's theme, the setlist, the theater's carpeting and colour scheme, etc. because we ARE the customers. If we keep all our opinions locked up, for better or worse, there would be no conservation at all — just news reports. If that's all you want, then the forum isn't really the place to come, is it? Some of the posts above mine did a fine job of stating why fans expectations have been so far removed from reality. When you say the new tour/residency will be special for the fans, and the outcome is much different, that's not our fault. This forum has been a place for us to speak our minds, and I agree with PuraVida that some of these complaints have been addressed in light of the fans' reactions, so it's not all in vain. Personally, after what happened with the CWT premiere—one of the most negative fan reactions I've ever seen—I've learned not to get my hopes up this time around. Perhaps the 2016-2017 tours were just a fluke. Perhaps the costumes will be the only big changes from here on out . . . Best to hope for the best and expect the worst, but we'll just have to wait and see. This. 2 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
scielle Posted May 14, 2021 at 12:07 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 12:07 AM Meanwhile...Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
guigafs15 Posted May 14, 2021 at 12:23 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 12:23 AM It's funny... Some complain about the fans who are complaining too much about Celine, and they ask them to accept the way it is or move on and let go. But then, the same people complain about the forum, how it's depressing, no fun and etc. But they can't let go of it either. I mean, why keep coming and participating on a forum that is so depressing? I guess letting go is not that easy as one might think so we shouldn't hold that against anyone. We should try to just keep our opinions focus on Celine (positive or not) and not in other members, it might make things a little better. 3 Quote
Nmj Posted May 14, 2021 at 01:04 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 01:04 AM Meanwhile...Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Technically true and false all at once. 1. Celine was done with her contract.2. AEG moved away from CP, and Live Nations moved in (an entity who doesn’t have a contract with Celine’s live shows)3. AEG moved into the new theatre at RW and called on their number one seat filler, Celine, and she answered the call, to pull this city out of slump yet again. So yeah, CP would’ve liked to have Celine 20 more years lol. Quote
scielle Posted May 14, 2021 at 01:34 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 01:34 AM Technically true and false all at once. 1. Celine was done with her contract.2. AEG moved away from CP, and Live Nations moved in (an entity who doesn’t have a contract with Celine’s live shows)3. AEG moved into the new theatre at RW and called on their number one seat filler, Celine, and she answered the call, to pull this city out of slump yet again. So yeah, CP would’ve liked to have Celine 20 more years lol. Maybe, maybe not. The question really is what precipitated #2. Seems Caesars is moving away from entertainment, looking for cost savings post bankruptcy and distressed sale. The Caesars that had a contract with Céline has ceased to exist as a company. It was acquired in an Icahn-engineered fire sale and the buyer renamed itself as Caesars. Perhaps the new owner decided she / AEG was just too expensive. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 14, 2021 at 02:35 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 02:35 AM Maybe, maybe not. The question really is what precipitated #2. Seems Caesars is moving away from entertainment, looking for cost savings post bankruptcy and distressed sale. The Caesars that had a contract with Céline has ceased to exist as a company. It was acquired in an Icahn-engineered fire sale and the buyer renamed itself as Caesars. Perhaps the new owner decided she / AEG was just too expensive. AEG, too expensive maybe. However, Celine over all made that hotel/casino insane amounts of money. For 16 years on and off she filled the place, many of those people gambled there OR another Caesars property like Flamingo, Planet Hollywood, etc.... and if they stayed there, many gambled, shopped, ate at the fine dining, used the spas, etc. Celine/ AEG may have costed them a pretty dollar initially, but in the end both parties benefited. Celine/AEG made millions and CP/Harrahs made even more. After all, they are in the business of making money, if she wasn’t their cash cow, she wouldn't have been there 2 weeks let alone 16 years. And clearly CP knows that our they wouldn’t have brought in Sceno Plus for multi million dollar makeover of the Colosseum when they changed hands from AEG to Live Nations. Something tells me there was differences between CP and AEG, and naturally with them being gone they will take their artists. Now I’m what I want to know is how Mariah is still there.... now that they went from AEG to Live Nations.. who she contracted with and if AEG how is she still performing at Caesars Palace? Or I’m not understanding how concert promoters work? Quote
Popular Post maki_Dion-er Posted May 14, 2021 at 05:21 AM Popular Post Posted May 14, 2021 at 05:21 AM A new 5 thousand seat theater, opening on the 5th of Novermber, while she is in her 50s. What superstitious legend whose lucky number is 5 must be excited about these coincidences?oh and it's 10 shows. What's half of 10? 10 Quote
Jeanette Posted May 14, 2021 at 07:12 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 07:12 AM (edited) That interview was great. It would be such a dream to just get to sit down and have a talk with her like this. I've noticed she's sometimes a lot more lose during audio interviews than she is on interviews recorded on camera. The show is definitely not set in stone but I wouldn't say there isn't a concept or plans for it. She very clearly has one it's just not the concept some on this forum want. For years now Celine has been leaning a lot more into intimate concerts, she loves that. She mentions that she thinks fans go for her as much as the music and that they want the in-between moments and, as far as I am concerned, she's 100% right. I love whenever she gets to talk to us. I love visuals as much as the next person but I also completely understand and agree with Celine's desire for an intimate show. She also mentions wanting to be involved in all the videos projected on the screen, she said she doesn't just want the "cameraman" to just go off and film something, she wants to be a part of that. And there will be a full orchestra which I personally love. So, we'll see what her original ideas and concepts lead to in the end. As long as it differentiates from the first "Celine" it'll be great. I loved the production of CWT so I don't think we'll be let down as long as we don't get ahead of ourselves and conjure up some imaginary show that will never be.One things is certain, we shouldn't expect a spectacle on the scale of A New Day. But if it's an intimate show with some storytelling in between then hopefully the songs she sings are either all from her repertoire or has a personal connection to her. I'm sure we'll get an up-tempo medley, probably with covers, but hopefully we've seen the last of Kiss. She said she'd be starting up her ballet exercises again and was asked about incorporating dance. Would be very cool if she did a live (simple) dance since it's only 10 shows for this first run. Oh and good to know she's been jabbed The bit about not understanding or liking RC's music lol. She doesn't have to like it to support him I think the twins have a bit more of her musical tastes haha. I thought she meant intimate show like perhaps more acoustic but no it would seem she just means she’s gonna spend more time telling stories and anecdotes to her audience to connect better with them, doesn’t she do that anyway, too much at times but if it’s marketed this way she can’t be told to wrap it up when she goes on too long 😂 My take therefore is intimate show = less singing 🤪 Edited May 14, 2021 at 07:14 AM by Jeanette 1 Quote
Jeanette Posted May 14, 2021 at 07:35 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 07:35 AM All in all it’s great to see her again, it does feel way too long. What happens now with the North American Courage dates, weren’t they not rescheduled for this fall? Quote
AdrienneM Posted May 14, 2021 at 07:38 AM Posted May 14, 2021 at 07:38 AM All in all it’s great to see her again, it does feel way too long. What happens now with the North American Courage dates, weren’t they not rescheduled for this fall? Those will have to be rescheduled. I don’t even think venues of the 10-15,000 size will be open let alone allowed at full capacity in August 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.