Thnswlsn25 Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:36 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:36 PM it looks like she's gonna open the theatre? This will be the 2nd theatre that she opened! Quote
nuts2you Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:42 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:42 PM Celine Dion, Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood Plot Las Vegas Residencies - Rolling Stone Quote
scielle Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:46 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:46 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
ehild Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:47 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:47 PM The other 3 all officially announced! 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Alex_Incognito Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:53 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:53 PM Jesus. Rates at Resorts world that weekend are $429 a night! 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
scielle Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:58 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 01:58 PM (edited) Another interview here: Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetTwins are listening to jazz?!?!I approve! 😃 “ Aside from working on school, they are playing piano and drawing. Last summer, fall and winter, we spent a lot of time in Quebec doing activities outside, but the kids were also listening to a lot of jazz music. I was like, "Oh, my God, how soothing. That's a good surprise." And they were talking to me about, "Mom, I want to watch 'Star Wars.' Can you buy us some lightsabers?" So lightsabers, trampoline, drawing, cooking and piano. That's been amazing. It's a different world right now, and I'm happy that they're picking up things to play with and trying stuff.” Edited May 12, 2021 at 02:02 PM by scielle Quote
scielle Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:05 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:05 PM (edited) From the sounds of these initial interviews... the show sounds like more of the same, unfortunately. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but what she said thus far doesn’t look promising. “Present the old songs in a different way....” Get ready for LCMM on a pan flute! 🤪 Edited May 12, 2021 at 02:07 PM by scielle 3 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:06 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:06 PM So, with Carrie beginning December 1st, it look like they’re going to try and squeeze all the headliners in as soon as they can. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did one month of shows then rotated through the 4 of them. But I guess we will find out more soon!!! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Nmj Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:08 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:08 PM Wow, weren’t they so creative with the name of this show? Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:11 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:11 PM Do we have any idea what ticket prices are going to be? Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:11 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:11 PM Wow, weren’t they so creative with the name of this show?At the same time though, I don’t think they could’ve reinvented the wheel that much honestly. She’s Celine Dion, and there’s no need to dress it up or play up her name. She’s gonna sell because of who she is and I think they realize that. 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Nmj Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:15 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:15 PM At the same time though, I don’t think they could’ve reinvented the wheel that much honestly. She’s Celine Dion, and there’s no need to dress it up or play up her name. She’s gonna sell because of who she is and I think they realize that. I get that, I just hope it’s not more of the same. The word they choose to describe it, “intimate” scares me I believe they used that same word for last Vegas show.... 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:16 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:16 PM From the sounds of these initial interviews... the show sounds like more of the same, unfortunately. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but what she said thus far doesn’t look promising. “Present the old songs in a different way....” Get ready for LCMM on a pan flute! 🤪 I think she’s talking about the 5-7 hits that aren’t negotiable, lolLCMM and be gone and nobody would bat an eyelash. Quote
scielle Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:17 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:17 PM I get that, I just hope it’s not more of the same. The word they choose to describe it, “intimate” scares me I believe they used that same word for last Vegas show.... That’s a good thing, in my books! She doesn’t need gimmicks. 2 Quote
Celinelife Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:18 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:18 PM So the name will be Celine only? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:18 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:18 PM Same name as the previous residency, personal videos used in the show and an orchestra… oh and apparently she’s singing the songs the fans want to here… hmmm this sounds familiar! Colosseum on wheels!!! Honestly, no vision, no raising of the bar, probably the most impressive things will be the visuals end the costumes. Early days, but I’m no longer excited from what I’ve heard today so far! 3 Quote
Nmj Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:22 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:22 PM Same name as the previous residency, personal videos used in the show and an orchestra… oh and apparently she’s singing the songs the fans want to here… hmmm this sounds familiar! Colosseum on wheels!!! Honestly, no vision, no raising of the bar, probably the most impressive things will be the visuals end the costumes. Early days, but I’m no longer excited from what I’ve heard today so far! Wait....... where is the orchestra mentioned? Oh lord not again, lol. Quote
scielle Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:22 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:22 PM More interviews. Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet She’ll be on Canada’s Breakfast TV tomorrow. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:25 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:25 PM Wait....... where is the orchestra mentioned? Oh lord not again, lol. A Las Vegas journalist who called her on Friday. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:25 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:25 PM Do we have any idea what ticket prices are going to be? There was a placeholder/demo page on the site for a while that stated prices at $75-$500. You could also see you view from the stage from every seat if you clicked on it. Obviously, Covid has changed the course of everything everyone had planned between 2020-2023. I'm not surprised Celine is opening the theater - she's the biggest Las Vegas name they have. I find it interesting reading what the artists had to say. Katy Perry said, "I asked my team, 'What are my top 20 songs on Spotify. That's my playlist.'" So she'll be doing the hits. Carrie Underwood will be doing the hits. The new Vegas show will absolutely be the same songs in a different order with different cover songs and brand new visuals. She'll clearly be going back and forth between Vegas and the Courage Tour from 2021 until 2023. (Or maybe even longer if it takes more time for arena-size gatherings to come back.) 5000 seat theaters are opening all over the country in the US so it makes sense that she's opening Vegas before going back on tour. Now to convince my husband (when we just found out we owe $5,000 in taxes) to let me buy us tickets. 2 Quote
Celinelife Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:26 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:26 PM READ THIS ONLY IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR HOPES DOWN. Do you remember the interviews of Celine from July- September 2019? What she said about Courage World Tour? Lemme take you back:-She said she is excited. There are few surprises. It will be different for fans and they will love it.Same thing she has said about this.Name is same of the residency. So.... 2 Quote
Balao Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:27 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:27 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet What? She's going to sing only old songs? Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:27 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:27 PM Wait....... where is the orchestra mentioned? Oh lord not again, lol. Once you go orchestra, you never go back! Seriously, like Streisand before her...once you get used to singing with a full orchestra, it seems difficult to let that go. The orchestra is probably here to stay for the rest of her career. It's an "established/legacy singer" staple. 1 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:28 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:28 PM I personally think it's too early. November? A lot of her core fans from Canada will not want to travel. And, secondly there's a good chance pending more friggin waves in this pandemic is WAY too risky for me to book tickets for this! NO way. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:29 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:29 PM The creative processs through zoom... at least she talking with a “creator”. Over the past several months, Dion has been drafting plans for the Vegas shows with a team of creators over Zoom. And while many users of the web conferencing platform are fatigued by workdays spent virtually in tiny video boxes, Dion insists she's come to love the realness it brings to the table."We can see everybody's hair getting white and everybody being home in the same old T-shirts and like -- it's OK. And that's the way it should be," she said."You know it's not time to be a fashionista. No, no, no. Take that time and take that luxury. And Zoom? Thank God we have that." 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:30 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:30 PM Once you go orchestra, you never go back! Seriously, like Streisand before her...once you get used to singing with a full orchestra, it seems difficult to let that go. The orchestra is probably here to stay for the rest of her career. It's an "established/legacy singer" staple. Good. As it should be. Thank god for the orchestra! Would be such a step backwards to go without one. 5 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:30 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:30 PM READ THIS ONLY IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR HOPES DOWN. Do you remember the interviews of Celine from July- September 2019? What she said about Courage World Tour?Lemme take you back:-She said she is excited. There are few surprises. It will be different for fans and they will love it.Same thing she has said about this.Name is same of the residency. So.... Well but looking at it from another way...look at what we got in the Courage World Tour. There WERE a few surprises - If You Asked Me To and the beautiful solo version of The Prayer, not to mention Tous Les Blues Sont Ecrit Pour Toi which was VERY different for casual fans. Plus, although it's not beloved on this forum, the dance covers medley was incredibly popular among most of the people who attended the tour. Then the way they used the drones for My Heart Will Go On...that was very different and the fans did love it. At least all the casual fans I took with me to the 6 shows I attended - they were blown away. 6 Quote
Nmj Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:32 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:32 PM What? She's going to sing only old songs? No, I’m sure there will be a Elton John tribute. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:32 PM Posted May 12, 2021 at 02:32 PM I personally think it's too early. November? A lot of her core fans from Canada will not want to travel. And, secondly there's a good chance pending more friggin waves in this pandemic is WAY too risky for me to book tickets for this! NO way. She'll sell out immediately. Broadway announced its shows' return dates yesterday morning and most shows sold out within an hour. People are vaccinated and ready to see live music and to travel again. Some people aren't, obviously, and they won't attend. But she'll have no problem selling tickets to this initial 8 show run. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.