Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hahahaha well why not!!

 

But yeah it seems to me that setlist wise we definitely should not get our hopes up.

The 5-7 biggest hits will always be part of her show, that's for sure.

But we discussed this every single time. There is plenty of room for 'new' songs.

 

The only opportunity for us to hear them really different like acoustic, is for her to do an acoustic show/tour.

 

They still have this mindset that the songs need to be almost exactly like the album version unfortunately.

 

"I don't want to go on stage and change the whole song because I don't want to disappoint the fans, but there's probably a way to perform them in a way that's surprising as well."

 

 

 

 

 

From the sounds of these initial interviews... the show sounds like more of the same, unfortunately. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but what she said thus far doesn’t look promising.

 

“Present the old songs in a different way....”

 

Get ready for LCMM on a pan flute! 🤪

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I agree, it’s not the hits people complain about it’s the tributes. Use that part of the show for your die hard fans.

 

Yes, she should think of her die hard fans and should sing lesser known songs (Call The Man, Only One Road etc..). The only tribute medley I would accept is a Whitney tribute.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted
I´m so frustated because I want to go to the new show so much, but I dont know if I will get the vacine before november and more than this we can´t travel to USA yet (bordes closed) and no idea when we will....... :down: :wacko: :cry:
Posted (edited)

Agree- half the show should not be random covers or ‘tributes’ to dead people.

 

Ps re. The Topic Title, it ain’t a rumour anymore, gurlfrens

Edited by stevo
  • Like 5
Posted

Record new playback tracks would do the trick already.

 

Or just perform them live.

 

But a version like IACBTMN courage tour, is NOT present a song in a different way.

 

Start a capella live, then go into playback, to end it live.

That's NOT how she need to present her old hits. :sofunny:

 

 

“Present the old songs in a different way....”

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Celine looks so healthy in that interview, beautiful! This time away from work really did her some good... Happy for her!

Love the promo picture as well...

 

As for the show, we are going to have to wait and see, don't we? Personally, I don't mind a Vegas show that is the same old stuff. On tour it does bothers me, a lot. But Vegas it's supposed to be about hits.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I just wish they'd kept the classic logo alive though.

 

YES!

Using the classic logo would be iconic.

 

I think it feels very soon for a return to Vegas, but I completely understand why they’re in a hurry. Vegas needs to be revived after the pandemic and who better to make that happen than Celine Dion? It will add even more to her legacy.

 

I’m also thrilled that Celine will be opening the theatre!

 

I think the poster demonstrates simplicity / classiness / elegance. There are very few artists in Celine’s league, and I love the idea of an elegant, intimate, gorgeous / stunning show. The poster is giving Barbra Streisand vibes — and I think that’s exactly the right move.

 

When you think of Celine Dion, you think of singers like Whitney Houston & Barbra Streisand... these performers are legendary. And I’m glad they’re not doing some gimmicky, flashy Vegas show. They’re keeping it classy.

 

I hope the visuals & costumes wow us all. And I hope there are a couple more classic Celine songs incorporated — like If You Asked Me To was included in the Courage tour. That would please a lot of us longtime fans.

 

I also hope they don’t do anything strange like put MHWGO at the beginning of the show. An easy swap for LCMM (which I love!) could be Declaration of Love. I also agree that Celine should cool it with tributes to dead artists. And if she does a new cover or two, it has to be the perfect, truly amazing song choice.

 

Edited by smw
  • Like 4
Posted

I wonder if Celine got vaccinated herself

 

Oh I’m sure she is at this point. All ages eligible in the US now so she probably got hers a while back. And in Quebec it’s currently 25+, 18+ staring this Fri.

  • Like 1
Posted

I wonder if Celine got vaccinated herself

 

 

Oh I’m sure she is at this point. All ages eligible in the US now so she probably got hers a while back. And in Quebec it’s currently 25+, 18+ staring this Fri.

 

I’m surprised Celine didn’t pull the bandwagon, like Mariah and others with posting a video of the it. Personally, tho I’m glad she didn’t, because since she’s not a political person and especially here in the US a lot of people made it political tho it shouldn’t be at all, I’m glad she just does her thing and not brag about it.

  • Like 5
Posted (edited)

Her voice in this interview sounds thicker like well rested and 2007 like voice.

 

https://youtu.be/j4ciGnL828w

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted
Ah, damn. Husband says it's a no-go on a Vegas trip this year. We bought a house last year so there's so many expenses this year. I just hope to be able to see the Vegas show early in the run because she definitely gets bored and on auto-pilot as the show goes on for 5, 6, 7, 8 years. :giggle:
  • Like 3
Posted
The other 3 all officially announced!

 

Tbh I think the Carrie Underwood poster looks better. The font, the image. Celine does look good on her photo but the overall posterdesign is quite generic IMO. Esspecially the font they used for Celine.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  • Like 4
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

Ah, damn. Husband says it's a no-go on a Vegas trip this year. We bought a house last year so there's so many expenses this year. I just hope to be able to see the Vegas show early in the run because she definitely gets bored and on auto-pilot as the show goes on for 5, 6, 7, 8 years. :giggle:

Not to mention after the first couple weeks she seems to cut songs to keep the shows a certain length. You always get more songs at the beginning of any show.

 

 

 

Tbh I think the Carrie Underwood poster looks better. The font, the image. Celine does look good on her photo but the overall posterdesign is quite generic IMO. Esspecially the font they used for Celine.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Luke's show name isn't really original lol but at least Carrie and Katy have a specified show name.

 

I get Celine is Celine but it'd be fun to see them come up with a single word title aside from her name.

  • Like 2

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
I love, love, love the promo picture. She looks so classy and expensive :-D The font looks perfect too, I think the aim is to advertise Celine as the premium/luxury artist she is and it works.
  • Like 7
Posted

 

Not to mention after the first couple weeks she seems to cut songs to keep the shows a certain length. You always get more songs at the beginning of any show.

 

 

Luke's show name isn't really original lol but at least Carrie and Katy have a specified show name.

 

I get Celine is Celine but it'd be fun to see them come up with a single word title aside from her name.

 

When talking about previous shows it’s confusing... the last show was called “Celine” they should’ve gave this one a proper name. But I also understand that with a generic name like “Celine” it’s easier to name it that to constantly change up the show if she’s there for years on end,

As we saw with “A New Day...” it stayed almost the same over 5 years.

Posted (edited)
I just love to see her, gosh her energy ;)

Overall I'm excited for this, because every new show has something new to offer. Well of course the hits will be there and all that, we can't expect it otherwise, I just hope they will focuse more on her whole career instead of focusing on the 90's. Yes 90`s too but balanced with 2000 'til now would be a real Celine show which deserves the name (if it's really the name, we don't know anything about it really at this point). And focusing on ALL the hits would be also great (like ashes, andhc etc) She has way more "well known" songs than they think, for example lmbtl, hdamlf, Immortality, alone, etc getting quite good streams too

Edited by ordinary fan
Posted

I love, love, love the promo picture. She looks so classy and expensive :-D The font looks perfect too, I think the aim is to advertise Celine as the premium/luxury artist she is and it works.

 

I just don’t like that she’s covering her face, would’ve rather seen something more in the background even some

Mountains or a Vegas skyline behind her. But I could careless, about a name or a poster it’s the staging, effects and setlist I personally care about, hopefully it’s something very different aside from the mandatory hits.

Posted
I’m glad she gain some weight. She looks great.
  • Like 1
Posted

Not to mention after the first couple weeks she seems to cut songs to keep the shows a certain length. You always get more songs at the beginning of any show.

 

 

YES! That's another reason I prefer to see it early in the run, when they're still trying out songs to see which ones the audience responds to before cutting the show by 15 minutes. Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and we'll be able to make it during this run and, if not, maybe early 2022 before she goes back on tour for a bit.

Posted (edited)

Not to mention after the first couple weeks she seems to cut songs to keep the shows a certain length. You always get more songs at the beginning of any show.

 

 

Luke's show name isn't really original lol but at least Carrie and Katy have a specified show name.

 

I get Celine is Celine but it'd be fun to see them come up with a single word title aside from her name.

 

Yes but it is also the background itself with a simple gradient behind her body that has been extracted ( vector path)I would have liked that the background was photographed together with the photo or better photoshopped with a bit of texture in that background to make it more lifelike instead of just a cutout with a black and white gradient behind her ( for the graphic designers among us)

 

I see banding In the gradient and see that in the videopromo as well, a lot of banding in the gradient. That is what I do think looks cheap, generic. Not her photo itself.

 

Banding Is this : https://www.google.nl/url?sa=i&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJXfahupTi8&psig=AOvVaw2K7b2gagg-_wcQu15Lk1WT&ust=1620933870456000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKjTsK7vxPACFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

 

To make it less cartboard they could have added a little noise in the background to make it less smooth and more lifelike ( sorry that’s my nitpicking maybe )

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 2
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

For everyone worried about catching it early on to avoid, the “robotic” Celine, I think this time will be different... already seems like at lot less shows... she has 10 shows in November... then the others will be there from

Dec-Feb, which means the earliest possible second run of shows would be March, maybe even later but March at earliest. Less shows = better Celine in my opinion.

  • Like 3
Posted
As much as I love Celine, I am more excited about Christina Aguilera announcing 2 1-of-a-kind concerts at the Hollywood Bowl in July.
  • Like 3

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
God that “trailer” is terrible... especially considering all that “bts” footage other than her photo shoot is all Courage Tour footage and just slapping the MHWGO studio version over it.. which she did with the Courage Tours promo footage as well :/
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...