No1IrishFan Posted January 16, 2025 at 10:10 AM Posted January 16, 2025 at 10:10 AM I agree that I am starting to wonder how soon / likely a Vegas residency is but I’m not reading anything into Janets dates. She only added 6 shows for May. I don’t think she’ll ever be a heavy hitter in terms of a long run at any one time. It’ll be a handful of shows here and there, plenty of room for more of the same Quote
PuraVida Posted January 16, 2025 at 10:34 AM Posted January 16, 2025 at 10:34 AM I assume the reason for 2026 would be that they're still trying to work her body up to being physically able to sustain performing a concert. Or perhaps they're waiting for medical breakthroughs, hoping treatments will advance a long way in the next year or so. Quote
Ajax Posted January 16, 2025 at 12:09 PM Posted January 16, 2025 at 12:09 PM I find the rumored timing weird also. The concerts and Vegas in……2026. As it is a degenerative disease you would think that they need to go fast if she s doing well, we should already know if something was planned for the next 6month. So I guess she s still not able in a short/mid term. And once again with a degenerative disease how can you bet on 2026? There’s certainly no plan for a stage return I don t know. 1 Quote
ivo Posted January 16, 2025 at 01:15 PM Posted January 16, 2025 at 01:15 PM Yes, I think that is strange also. I would have thought she would do something as soon as possible. Maybe it is not possible right now, but how realistic is it to make ‘long term’ plans? Anyway, these timepaths are rumours, we just have to wait! The day she will perform live again will be a Very big day! 1 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
comingback Posted January 16, 2025 at 01:52 PM Posted January 16, 2025 at 01:52 PM https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/20/celine-dion-loses-13m-dispute-with-concert-agent Maybe they wait until the old contract with Prinz will be over in 2026? 1 Quote
Ukrfan Posted January 16, 2025 at 02:48 PM Posted January 16, 2025 at 02:48 PM I assume the reason for 2026 would be that they're still trying to work her body up to being physically able to sustain performing a concert. Or perhaps they're waiting for medical breakthroughs, hoping treatments will advance a long way in the next year or so. The problem with this is that Celine has a progressive disease, and the treatment that seems to work best for her is known for having a diminishing efficiency over time... Quote
Squall Posted January 16, 2025 at 04:17 PM Posted January 16, 2025 at 04:17 PM I think if Celine condition is so bad that, in a year or 2, she won't be able to perform at all, then planning any full concerts right now is a bad idea. You could get everything in place, the venue, the band, the backup singers, tickets sell out, then Celine cancels because she's not able to perform. So much could go wrong. I really think the best thing for her would be to do Netflix concert specials where it's recorded. She can start and stop when needed. Redo performances that don't go well. Quote
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted January 16, 2025 at 04:56 PM Popular Post Posted January 16, 2025 at 04:56 PM We don't know enough about her condition and speculating does no good. She has said she'll be back on stage. In what capacity, on verra. 8 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Ororo Munroe Posted February 4, 2025 at 09:26 PM Posted February 4, 2025 at 09:26 PM We don't know enough about her condition and speculating does no good. She has said she'll be back on stage. In what capacity, on verra. I have a bad feeling, WE all know she wants to come back and sing again, live, on stages around the world but maybe things are not going where she wants to be for her voice Quote
Nmj Posted February 4, 2025 at 11:57 PM Posted February 4, 2025 at 11:57 PM Well in May she said she will be back onstage again… unless she was talking about the Olympics it obviously hasn’t happened yet. In June she confirmed to extra that he “heard right” about returning to Vegas…. That’s now 9 months ago…. Seems like a long time to confirm that unless plans have changed since. I really hope she’s able to return still if that’s what she desire, Because we are ready when she is. Quote
actofcontrition Posted February 5, 2025 at 01:13 AM Posted February 5, 2025 at 01:13 AM (edited) All this silence again.. fans have been waiting for years.. would it kill them to just say something like "hey Celine is working on a new album to be release this fall" But no. We still dont know if something is to expect regarding her career.. Team Celine should give us some real news sometimes but they are too busy posting random throwback pics Edited February 5, 2025 at 01:15 AM by actofcontrition 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted February 5, 2025 at 06:16 AM Posted February 5, 2025 at 06:16 AM All this silence again.. fans have been waiting for years.. would it kill them to just say something like "hey Celine is working on a new album to be release this fall" Team Celine should give us some real news sometimes but they are too busy posting random throwback pics Well speaking of throwbacks, it's a throwback to the Courage era when she said she was working on an album but the date of relase kept getting pushed back and pushed back again. So some things never change. Could be mostly to do with her health, or just her team operating the same way they've operated in the past Quote
RosieBarron Posted February 5, 2025 at 08:13 PM Posted February 5, 2025 at 08:13 PM Well speaking of throwbacks, it's a throwback to the Courage era when she said she was working on an album but the date of relase kept getting pushed back and pushed back again. So some things never change. Could be mostly to do with her health, or just her team operating the same way they've operated in the past You could be right. I can also imagine her still actually being quite frustrated with her change of voice being the perfectionist that she is. She may be happy to try new styles and sing different songs but it still must be psychologically hitting her very hard. 1 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted February 6, 2025 at 01:14 AM Posted February 6, 2025 at 01:14 AM You could be right. I can also imagine her still actually being quite frustrated with her change of voice being the perfectionist that she is. She may be happy to try new styles and sing different songs but it still must be psychologically hitting her very hard. I just came back from my local cinema and watched "Maria". It strikes me a lot. There are some similarities with the way Celine took pills to help her to go on...I really hop it did not damage her voice for ever. 1 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted February 6, 2025 at 01:14 AM Posted February 6, 2025 at 01:14 AM You could be right. I can also imagine her still actually being quite frustrated with her change of voice being the perfectionist that she is. She may be happy to try new styles and sing different songs but it still must be psychologically hitting her very hard. I just came back from my local cinema and watched "Maria". It strikes me a lot. There are some similarities with the way Celine took pills to help her to go on...I really hop it did not damage her voice for ever. Quote
PuraVida Posted February 6, 2025 at 05:05 AM Posted February 6, 2025 at 05:05 AM You could be right. I can also imagine her still actually being quite frustrated with her change of voice being the perfectionist that she is. She may be happy to try new styles and sing different songs but it still must be psychologically hitting her very hard. I agree with you. Although I wonder how much it's because she thinks that's what her fans want to hear or expect of her. She's always been more than high notes, her voice is perfect in any capacity. But since she is very isolated, how is she supposed to know the true opinion of fans? Quote
Nmj Posted February 6, 2025 at 02:56 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 02:56 PM Well Caesar’s palace Colosseum just announced Kelly Clarkson to take over for Adele starting this summer…. It’s understandable of course, but sad to see all these residencies announced and not Celine, the woman who pioneered the modern residency and who wants to return. 2 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted February 6, 2025 at 04:49 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 04:49 PM Well Caesar’s palace Colosseum just announced Kelly Clarkson to take over for Adele starting this summer…. It’s understandable of course, but sad to see all these residencies announced and not Celine, the woman who pioneered the modern residency and who wants to return. Any day now Celine ….🙄 Maybe that’s why her the new residency can called “any day ….created by delayed expectations 😂 2 Quote
Nmj Posted February 6, 2025 at 04:57 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 04:57 PM Any day now Celine ….🙄 Maybe that’s why her the new residency can called “any day ….created by delayed expectations 😂 Regardless if it happens or not soon, I think it’s time Celine and her team update the fans on her wellbeing. 2 Quote
Shaun Posted February 6, 2025 at 06:28 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 06:28 PM I do have to agree. Although anyone’s health is, of course, a private matter the fact that Céline’s condition was so personally shared in the documentary means an update would be appreciated. Even “Celine continues to make progress and thanks all of you for your love” would be enough The complete and utter radio silence is concerning. All they ever post is throwbacks. 4 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
KyleVan41 Posted February 6, 2025 at 06:33 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 06:33 PM (edited) I tend to agree an update in general especially since new years message was so hopeful and promising Edited February 6, 2025 at 06:33 PM by KyleVan41 1 Quote
Nmj Posted February 6, 2025 at 06:53 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 06:53 PM Exactly, I understand that anyone’s health isn’t subject to public knowledge but including Celine’s. But after they decided to be the open book again and share through interviews, and articles and a documentary that was number one worldwide… now it’s time to update the fans from time to time… anything simple would suffice. 3 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted February 6, 2025 at 07:49 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 07:49 PM Exactly, I understand that anyone’s health isn’t subject to public knowledge but including Celine’s. But after they decided to be the open book again and share through interviews, and articles and a documentary that was number one worldwide… now it’s time to update the fans from time to time… anything simple would suffice. WE should stop Hope, just wait and pray. If she came back one day, it's because she would consider her voice in a great shape. For the time, it's not the case. I miss her so much. Quote
Nmj Posted February 6, 2025 at 08:00 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 08:00 PM WE should stop Hope, just wait and pray. If she came back one day, it's because she would consider her voice in a great shape. For the time, it's not the case. I miss her so much. I don’t know if that’s the case… it might not be her voice, could be her physical health worried about the literal spasms that could come on from stress of being onstage… we don’t know how her Olympic or Saudi Arabia performances went after a few hours, could it have led to spasms …let’s hope not…. Or, she could be ready to announce something but the timing isn’t right just yet, at this point it’s a crapshoot. Quote
KyleVan41 Posted February 6, 2025 at 09:43 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 09:43 PM As long is it’s taking I truly believe it’s all based on a plan I just wish they’d be more transparent aside from extra interviews. I mean she teased us with literally inviting us to Vegas with Hoda interviews 1 Quote
Nmj Posted February 6, 2025 at 09:50 PM Posted February 6, 2025 at 09:50 PM As long is it’s taking I truly believe it’s all based on a plan I just wish they’d be more transparent aside from extra interviews. I mean she teased us with literally inviting us to Vegas with Hoda interviews Yes And in 3 months it’ll be a year since they filmed that interview with Hoda. 4 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted February 7, 2025 at 03:06 AM Posted February 7, 2025 at 03:06 AM I don’t know if that’s the case… it might not be her voice, could be her physical health worried about the literal spasms that could come on from stress of being onstage… we don’t know how her Olympic or Saudi Arabia performances went after a few hours, could it have led to spasms …let’s hope not…. Or, she could be ready to announce something but the timing isn’t right just yet, at this point it’s a crapshoot. We don't need to see her live on stage in huge venues. I mean, she can do what she loves the most in small theaters, with few musiciens, a beautiful piano, just her and hundred people. She does not need to prove that she can perform in stadiums. Small things, step by step, unplugged shows, something confidential. 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted February 7, 2025 at 10:41 AM Posted February 7, 2025 at 10:41 AM (edited) We don't need to see her live on stage in huge venues. I mean, she can do what she loves the most in small theaters, with few musiciens, a beautiful piano, just her and hundred people. She does not need to prove that she can perform in stadiums. Small things, step by step, unplugged shows, something confidential. Very true. But the people around her probably want to make $$$ off her and would steer her away from doing smaller scale stuff. And maybe part of it is her ego, hesistant to go to very scaled down venues after she's used to the biggest stages and highest paychecks. Edit: then again, I guess the Colosseum was "only" 3000 seats. I don't know how much RW has. Edited February 7, 2025 at 10:43 AM by PuraVida 2 Quote
Nmj Posted February 7, 2025 at 02:38 PM Posted February 7, 2025 at 02:38 PM Very true. But the people around her probably want to make $$$ off her and would steer her away from doing smaller scale stuff. And maybe part of it is her ego, hesistant to go to very scaled down venues after she's used to the biggest stages and highest paychecks. Edit: then again, I guess the Colosseum was "only" 3000 seats. I don't know how much RW has. Colosseum had 4100 seats and then upgraded to 4600 seats for the second residency. RW is just over 5000 seats. 1 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted February 20, 2025 at 02:41 PM Posted February 20, 2025 at 02:41 PM I watched Celine’s interview on today with Hoda last night again. The one she did in June of last year before documentary came out. And it’s so clear she is planning Vegas comeback. When Hoda says what do you want to tell your fans …Celine says “I want to invite you to come sing with me again”…she then tells Hoda not to wear same outfit to her new show…talks about how there will be likely times when she has to cancel. It’s just so odd she revealed that much so far ahead of time….. She’s apparently been recording , so maybe the Vegas announcement will come when those projects are done. I gotta say resorts world is extremely patient with her. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.