PuraVida Posted December 28, 2024 at 02:44 AM Posted December 28, 2024 at 02:44 AM (edited) Personally I'd rather just see a shortened show with all Celine than a variety show. The logistical challenges of having a Vegas residency with a chronic condition where you might feel vastly different from one day to the next are huge... I actually think she might need to take a page out of Joni Mitchell's book. These days she performs in a beautiful armchair with fellow singers/musicians all around her like a living room. Edited December 28, 2024 at 02:45 AM by PuraVida 1 Quote
Nmj Posted December 28, 2024 at 02:49 AM Posted December 28, 2024 at 02:49 AM Personally I'd rather just see a shortened show with all Celine than a variety show. The logistical challenges of having a Vegas residency with a chronic condition where you might feel vastly different from one day to the next are huge... I actually think she might need to take a page out of Joni Mitchell's book. These days she performs in a beautiful armchair with people all around her like a living room. I think Celine would rather not perform than to be constricted to a chair. Celine may not be a dancer like Janet but she’s ALWAYS performed with her whole body… that’s the show woman in her and it’s part of her charm. I can’t see her even standing like a tree bark the way Mariah does… that’s just not Celine. I think the approach will be to just do something like 10 shows a year and give those 10 shows the respect they deserve, and maybe focus on more on off events and album recordings and doing more cinema if thats still her dream. 4 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 28, 2024 at 03:01 AM Posted December 28, 2024 at 03:01 AM I think Celine would rather not perform than to be constricted to a chair. Celine may not be a dancer like Janet but she’s ALWAYS performed with her whole body… that’s the show woman in her and it’s part of her charm. I can’t see her even standing like a tree bark the way Mariah does… that’s just not Celine. I think the approach will be to just do something like 10 shows a year and give those 10 shows the respect they deserve, and maybe focus on more on off events and album recordings and doing more cinema if thats still her dream. She wouldn't be constricted or confined the whole time, but it could be an element to support her to make the duration of a show easier. Likewise, we all know she loves her shoes/high heels...but how long would she be able to stand/perform in high heels these days? Really it makes the most sense to just pivot to doing recordings of live performances in controlled environments / at home, and to then send those videos out into the world. There are lots of opportunities for that. But of course we know that performing on a proper stage and connecting with fans is what Celine lives for. 2 Quote
Dreamy Posted December 28, 2024 at 12:20 PM Posted December 28, 2024 at 12:20 PM I was thinking if Céline is going to have some duets with her songs. It's better a live album with these duets. I think is the best way to enjoy her hits with a live album. Quote
LeChauffeur100 Posted December 28, 2024 at 10:52 PM Posted December 28, 2024 at 10:52 PM I have nothing against interludes as long as there are beautiful visuals and dances and more or less just music (so no Barnev's singing). Can be remixed of some Celine energetic songs.Interludes were done brilliantly at Une Seule Fois/Summer Tour 2013, I wish they would stick to that method of extending her songs into band instrumentals. 1 Quote EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-8uJUpL5A
LeChauffeur100 Posted December 28, 2024 at 11:01 PM Posted December 28, 2024 at 11:01 PM Just read the rumors. Oh God what the hell is going on with her English carrer... We've had so many revisitings in the past, soooo many compilations and now they're planning more rehashing of her old stuff. WHY? At least the news of a new French album sounds more optimistic even though that's not what the general public/fanbase is interested in because of "oh I'm so close-minded I don't listen to music I don't understand the words to". Quote EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-8uJUpL5A
Frenchie Posted December 30, 2024 at 10:53 PM Posted December 30, 2024 at 10:53 PM I am cautiously optimistic about Celine’s upcoming English album. I know their goal is to continue with this “hard reset” that they are doing starting with the documentary this past summer. The upcoming English album they want us to hear Celine’s “new” voice sing the hits and hopefully, a few deep cuts that inspire her today. So when people go to see her they are not surprised she can’t hit the big belts or the high notes. I think this is wise and prudent of them. Hopefully for us, we get new arrangements and Celine truly revisits these songs. I think it’s a great idea if Céline goes through her catalog and picks a few songs (maybe deep cuts) that really resonate with her now. As for the duets part, I think it’s too much unless they are re-recording some of her famous duets. Personally, I would love for her duet partner to write a song for both of them to sing. To add to Dreamy’s list, I would like to hear Kelly Clarkson, Lara Fabian, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, and Harry Connick Jr sing with Celine. All the names I mentioned including Ann Lennox, Shania, and Adele are songwriters. It would be quite a beautiful album I think. This project reminds me of Joni Michell revisiting her catalog in the 90s. Here are the two versions- one from 1970 and the other in the early 90s for the “Circle Game”: I think Celine’s “Immortality” could be like Joni’s “Circle Game” or “Both Sides Now” at this point. Same happened with Stevie Nicks with “Landslide”. Hopefully the concept gels together and is a success compared to what became “Loved Me Back to Life”. Exciting nonetheless…..🎶🤞🎁😊❤️ Quote
Frenchie Posted December 30, 2024 at 10:53 PM Posted December 30, 2024 at 10:53 PM (edited) Sorry, double post…🎶🎶😊❤️ Edited December 30, 2024 at 10:57 PM by Frenchie Quote
Nmj Posted December 30, 2024 at 11:51 PM Posted December 30, 2024 at 11:51 PM I am cautiously optimistic about Celine’s upcoming English album. I know their goal is to continue with this “hard reset” that they are doing starting with the documentary this past summer. The upcoming English album they want us to hear Celine’s “new” voice sing the hits and hopefully, a few deep cuts that inspire her today. So when people go to see her they are not surprised she can’t hit the big belts or the high notes. I think this is wise and prudent of them. Hopefully for us, we get new arrangements and Celine truly revisits these songs. I think it’s a great idea if Céline goes through her catalog and picks a few songs (maybe deep cuts) that really resonate with her now. As for the duets part, I think it’s too much unless they are re-recording some of her famous duets. Personally, I would love for her duet partner to write a song for both of them to sing. To add to Dreamy’s list, I would like to hear Kelly Clarkson, Lara Fabian, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, and Harry Connick Jr sing with Celine. All the names I mentioned including Ann Lennox, Shania, and Adele are songwriters. It would be quite a beautiful album I think. This project reminds me of Joni Michell revisiting her catalog in the 90s. Here are the two versions- one from 1970 and the other in the early 90s for the “Circle Game”: I think Celine’s “Immortality” could be like Joni’s “Circle Game” or “Both Sides Now” at this point. Same happened with Stevie Nicks with “Landslide”. Hopefully the concept gels together and is a success compared to what became “Loved Me Back to Life”. Exciting nonetheless…..🎶🤞🎁😊❤️ I’ve never been a fan of Celine doing covers and been vocal about it , so in some small way, the idea of Celine doing a new album and the fact that she will be COVERING herself is fine by me. Ironic, isn’t? However, I don’t think the intent would be to show she can’t hit the high notes… to sing at the Olympics and at the elie saab show, TPOL for example Full playback with high notes and all is a bit of contradiction if that is indeed their plan. Quote
ryba Posted December 31, 2024 at 12:35 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 12:35 PM (edited) Well, this „new voice“ will not be that new IMO. It already started in 2016. She sounded different on certain songs on EUS, but especially on Courage. I don’t believe in a “new voice”. She can still sound amazing if she wants to (see Olympic performance or Ashes). It’s just something that they say. Edited December 31, 2024 at 12:36 PM by ryba Quote
ryba Posted December 31, 2024 at 12:38 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 12:38 PM (edited) Please no duets of her old songs! If a duet album then only with new songs and hit material only with people like Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran who are hot at the moment would push the songs. Everything else would be too mediocre and a waste of time and energy. Edited December 31, 2024 at 12:41 PM by ryba 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted December 31, 2024 at 02:07 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 02:07 PM Can’t wait for her New Years message… after the year she’s had and hopefully with lots of plans for 2025 she will have things to talk about in it. Quote
Nmj Posted December 31, 2024 at 02:53 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 02:53 PM Can’t wait for her New Years message… after the year she’s had and hopefully with lots of plans for 2025 she will have things to talk about in it. How do we know she gives us one? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted December 31, 2024 at 03:58 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 03:58 PM It would be majorly odd if she didn’t considering she’s “ a little bit back “ 1 Quote
Nmj Posted December 31, 2024 at 04:00 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 04:00 PM It would be majorly odd if she didn’t considering she’s “ a little bit back “ Yeah but no Christmas message this year. I don’t count that generic caption reel. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted December 31, 2024 at 06:55 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 06:55 PM And here we have it… I like the little Easter Egg in her message ( fabulous ) maybe referencing the long awaited residency at Resorts World when they used the reference “Stay Fabulous” from the promo advert they originally shot for artists due to perform there along with the last paragraph of her message 3 Quote
Nmj Posted December 31, 2024 at 07:10 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 07:10 PM And here we have it… I like the little Easter Egg in her message ( fabulous ) maybe referencing the long awaited residency at Resorts World when they used the reference “Stay Fabulous” from the promo advert they originally shot for artists due to perform there along with the last paragraph of her message You got the message but no details.I thought that too. Celine doesn’t usually use that word often . Hopefully something is in the pipeline. 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted December 31, 2024 at 07:29 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 07:29 PM (edited) Delete Edited December 31, 2024 at 07:35 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
Nmj Posted December 31, 2024 at 07:37 PM Posted December 31, 2024 at 07:37 PM Delete What did you say? 1 Quote
comingback Posted January 1, 2025 at 11:09 AM Posted January 1, 2025 at 11:09 AM And here we have it… I like the little Easter Egg in her message ( fabulous ) maybe referencing the long awaited residency at Resorts World when they used the reference "Stay Fabulous" from the promo advert they originally shot for artists due to perform there along with the last paragraph of her message Thanks Happy New Year everyone! 1 Quote
Nmj Posted January 2, 2025 at 12:05 AM Posted January 2, 2025 at 12:05 AM Delete Hmm did the person not like the post from her team? 1 Quote
actofcontrition Posted January 2, 2025 at 04:20 AM Posted January 2, 2025 at 04:20 AM So Celine doesnt speak french anymore? Before, all her posts were bilingual. Since few months its mainly just english with few exceptions.. 2 Quote
Céline RO Posted January 2, 2025 at 08:14 AM Posted January 2, 2025 at 08:14 AM So Celine doesnt speak french anymore? Before, all her posts were bilingual. Since few months its mainly just english with few exceptions.. Yeah I don’t like that. Quote The best is yet to come...
Nmj Posted January 2, 2025 at 10:45 AM Posted January 2, 2025 at 10:45 AM So Celine doesnt speak french anymore? Before, all her posts were bilingual. Since few months its mainly just english with few exceptions.. Celine isn’t the one posting these messages, clearly whomever is too lazy to do a translation of it. Anyways Instagram and Facebook, etc will translate it for you. Quote
actofcontrition Posted January 2, 2025 at 03:55 PM Posted January 2, 2025 at 03:55 PM (edited) Celine isn’t the one posting these messages, clearly whomever is too lazy to do a translation of it. Anyways Instagram and Facebook, etc will translate it for you. I know its not Celine but they are representing Celine. They post like this is her. I don't need a translation but Celine is French canadian. Always said her roots are important to her. Her team only writing in english is not good for her image. René would have never allow this! Edited January 2, 2025 at 03:58 PM by actofcontrition 4 Quote
comingback Posted January 2, 2025 at 04:53 PM Posted January 2, 2025 at 04:53 PM (edited) Mon Dieu. C'est un scandale. Céline n'a pas posté en français. Yes, it's strange. Normally she posts in French and English. Edited January 2, 2025 at 04:59 PM by comingback 1 Quote
No1IrishFan Posted January 3, 2025 at 09:07 PM Posted January 3, 2025 at 09:07 PM Is Janet Jackson selling well at RW? I looked at tickets for her show tonight and there’s more empty seats than I expected for so soon after NY and given it’s a new residency. I looked at tomorrow night also and there’s loads of empty seats. Kinda odd for a Saturday night? I know people decide last minute in Vegas but I expected more sell outs. Quote
No1IrishFan Posted January 3, 2025 at 09:27 PM Posted January 3, 2025 at 09:27 PM I feel Celine’s latest Insta post is a sign, very random if an announcement isn’t in the works… https://www.instagram.com/p/DEYNfGERnMV/?igsh=aHNyMDFtMnoxbG5t 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 3, 2025 at 09:59 PM Posted January 3, 2025 at 09:59 PM I feel Celine’s latest Insta post is a sign, very random if an announcement isn’t in the works… https://www.instagram.com/p/DEYNfGERnMV/?igsh=aHNyMDFtMnoxbG5t I think it’s just referring to the relief of it being the first Friday of the new year. First weekend. First rest after the holidays. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Dancing_Queen Posted January 3, 2025 at 10:05 PM Posted January 3, 2025 at 10:05 PM (edited) (double post, sorry) Edited January 3, 2025 at 10:06 PM by Dancing_Queen Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.