comingback Posted January 6, 2025 at 10:09 PM Posted January 6, 2025 at 10:09 PM Fingers crossed that Sony will do something for the 30th anniversary of D'eux and 35th anniversary of Unison. I know I'm dreaming... 1 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted January 6, 2025 at 10:29 PM Posted January 6, 2025 at 10:29 PM Ya her team suck beyond suck. Such a legacy artist and s*** all for the fans is given 2 Quote
Popular Post actofcontrition Posted January 7, 2025 at 04:07 AM Popular Post Posted January 7, 2025 at 04:07 AM I so miss spending money on celine's music! For god sake no dvd since 2014, french album is almost 9 years ago.. english 5 years ago.. almost no show on digital platform or bluray.. her biggest tours are on vhs or nothing come on. Everything is lock in the vault !!! Come on Sony! 9 Quote
Davey84 Posted January 7, 2025 at 09:53 AM Author Posted January 7, 2025 at 09:53 AM Considering Celine's illness and everything that she's dealing with she's done really well to keep herself "relevant" what with all her appearances (hockey, concerts, documentary premiere etc) but also with the release of "Love Again" and of course the documentary. I just wish her damn record company were on the same page and released something, anything, to keep her (ya know) MUSIC fans happy. Approaching 9 years since her last French album and over 5 since her last English album now (not including the documentary or LA soundtrack). They absolutely MUST have something they could give the fans. Heck we're begging to give them money, we're not expecting anything for free!! A rare concert from the FIY or LTAL era, the second Vegas residency, the other tracks they clearly have from the 2013 mini tour that weren't included on the "Une Seule Fois" release. A Collectors Series Volume 2. Anything. It's so so so frustrating to see every other artist imaginable release stuff all through Covid and beyond and Celine fans have had nothing rare. Again, to reiterate before i'm inevitably jumped on, i'm looking at Sony here, not Celine! I can't help but wonder how René would have handled the situation during COVID and now her illness I am sure he would have made damn sure Céline's name would have stayed in the public eye, and not have recycled the same old songs over and over again. Love Again was a good release, but a deception in that the music of the old songs were not updated. And the songs chosen for the soundtrack to I Am: Celine Dion are just a hotchpotch of too convenient songs that were just easy to select/use based on the used footage. The soundtrack should have been much more personal. Tellement J'Ai D'Amour and L'amour est un oiseau rebelle (live) from La Bohèm should have been on there at least! 7 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
isurrender Posted January 7, 2025 at 11:12 AM Posted January 7, 2025 at 11:12 AM After today’s Courage era “random” photo one that’s already been posted btw…. I’m more convinced than ever her team is just being bored and random. They are so lazy and dumb to give us an Easter eggs. Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Oh, I thought it was a new pic with an Easter Egg ... that her shows will only be Scott and her. 😅 2 Quote
LukeD Posted January 7, 2025 at 12:54 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 12:54 PM I agree with all posts made above in relation to us fans being all hungry! However, I think 2025 is going to be very good with us! They did not set the ground for her comeback for nothing. Things are coming! 5 Quote
ordinary fan Posted January 7, 2025 at 02:59 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 02:59 PM (edited) I agree with all posts made above in relation to us fans being all hungry! However, I think 2025 is going to be very good with us! They did not set the ground for her comeback for nothing. Things are coming!Excatly! Celine is working so hard and she wouldn't have showed herself so confidently out there the past year when it won't lead somewhere but being patient is hard for me too folks Edited January 7, 2025 at 02:59 PM by ordinary fan Quote
ivo Posted January 7, 2025 at 03:23 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 03:23 PM Let this be the year we can see her perform live again! I don’t care much for a Vegas show, but If that is what works for her I am happy. Just need to see and hear her perform and we know that is what she wants! 3 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
Nmj Posted January 7, 2025 at 03:37 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 03:37 PM (edited) I agree with all posts made above in relation to us fans being all hungry! However, I think 2025 is going to be very good with us! They did not set the ground for her comeback for nothing. Things are coming! She’s definitely back, the question is in what way? Back onstage? Or just albums? Or maybe just random events? Time will tell. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see a Grammy performance or special award next month, since it was where she officially made her return last year. Edited January 7, 2025 at 03:42 PM by Nmj Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted January 7, 2025 at 04:05 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 04:05 PM Is Trudeau running her social media?! Why is nothing in French anymore? Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted January 7, 2025 at 04:08 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 04:08 PM Is Trudeau running her social media?! Why is nothing in French anymore? Maybe, but hope is on the way, he is resigning. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 7, 2025 at 07:31 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 07:31 PM I can't help but wonder how René would have handled the situation during COVID and now her illness I am sure he would have made damn sure Céline's name would have stayed in the public eye, and not have recycled the same old songs over and over again. Love Again was a good release, but a deception in that the music of the old songs were not updated. And the songs chosen for the soundtrack to I Am: Celine Dion are just a hotchpotch of too convenient songs that were just easy to select/use based on the used footage. The soundtrack should have been much more personal. Tellement J'Ai D'Amour and L'amour est un oiseau rebelle (live) from La Bohèm should have been on there at least! As good as Rene was with regards to managing her career, he is the very reason for the repeated setlists, and little to no changes to the live arrangements of the songs. His philosophy was that everyone wanted to hear the songs almost exactly as they sound on the records. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Nmj Posted January 7, 2025 at 07:56 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 07:56 PM As good as Rene was with regards to managing her career, he is the very reason for the repeated setlists, and little to no changes to the live arrangements of the songs. His philosophy was that everyone wanted to hear the songs almost exactly as they sound on the records. Awwah the doubled edged sword. Rene would be right… we as fans wanted new arrangements and I stand by that still BUT imagine if she did a new version of MHWGO or TPOL etc, people would’ve been pissed. However, I still to this day don’t understand why we couldn’t get more album songs or rarities, instead of covers though in live shows.That was my biggest problem with them back then. In a world where Rene was still alive and was her manager during the covid shutdown I’m sure he would’ve had something up his Sleeve, whether it be at home performance like others did, or making Sony open the vault… he cared enough to keep feeding the fan base. 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:10 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:10 PM (edited) I think the covers are more things that Céline, herself, wants to do. Hopefully she forget "You're the Voice." It was enjoyable, but the 45-minute monologue before got to be too much. But then again, we all are repeat concert goers. Normal people wouldn't think a thing! Edited January 7, 2025 at 08:32 PM by Alex_Incognito 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Shaun Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:14 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:14 PM (edited) The complete full stop on her DVD / Blu-Ray etc releases is weird. The releases they’ve chosen to make are bizarre too. Sur Les Plaines and Une Seule Fois get a release but the second Vegas residency or the Courage tour don’t? I’m grateful to have SLP and USF, don’t get me wrong. The first Vegas DVD was really successful (a million copies sold), TTEOTW / TCWT did well too. Whilst I appreciate a physical release may not perform well these days a digital release would perhaps do well, and it would cost them next to nothing to release. As always, it makes no sense. Edited January 7, 2025 at 08:15 PM by Shaun 5 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Alex_Incognito Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:18 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:18 PM (edited) It seems like so few artists release DVDs anymore. Things just tend to go to Netflix. I know in the US that's normal. In France, it's different and some artists still do release physical DVDs (Etienne Daho, Mylène Farmer, etc) Edited January 7, 2025 at 08:24 PM by Alex_Incognito Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:36 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:36 PM (edited) I think the covers are more things that Céline, herself, wants to do. Hopefully she forget "You're the Voice." It was enjoyable, but the 45 monologue before got to be too much. But then again, we all are repeat concert goers. Normal people wouldn't think a thing! I really don’t want to sound insensitive and it’s not my intent, but I’m beginning to think during those monologues Celine might’ve been high. Those muscles relaxers/ Valium were at work.Between that one, the Ryan Reynolds one, and the time she talked about her guitarist Kevin’s white teeth for about a half hour lol there was a trend. Edited January 7, 2025 at 08:39 PM by Nmj 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:54 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:54 PM Awwah the doubled edged sword. Rene would be right… we as fans wanted new arrangements and I stand by that still BUT imagine if she did a new version of MHWGO or TPOL etc, people would’ve been pissed. However, I still to this day don’t understand why we couldn’t get more album songs or rarities, instead of covers though in live shows.That was my biggest problem with them back then. In a world where Rene was still alive and was her manager during the covid shutdown I’m sure he would’ve had something up his Sleeve, whether it be at home performance like others did, or making Sony open the vault… he cared enough to keep feeding the fan base. I don’t think people would be pissed. Everyone lived for “I’m Alive” on the TCWT. Madonna ALWAYS changed her arrangements and people loved that she kept it fresh. I’m not saying that she should have done TPOL as a techno remix, but it was always almost exact to the album, and something different, as long as the melody was there, would have been welcomed by more than not. I also agree with you about the album tracks. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:55 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 08:55 PM I really don’t want to sound insensitive and it’s not my intent, but I’m beginning to think during those monologues Celine might’ve been high. Those muscles relaxers/ Valium were at work.Between that one, the Ryan Reynolds one, and the time she talked about her guitarist Kevin’s white teeth for about a half hour lol there was a trend. This. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
mirage Posted January 7, 2025 at 09:08 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 09:08 PM I dont think people would be pissed. Everyone lived for Im Alive on the TCWT. Madonna ALWAYS changed her arrangements and people loved that she kept it fresh. Im not saying that she should have done TPOL as a techno remix, but it was always almost exact to the album, and something different, as long as the melody was there, would have been welcomed by more than not. I also agree with you about the album tracks.The IACBTMN/TPOL medley was okay back then.So did the little mashup Zora Sourit/Man In The Mirror My guess is that they could easily switch things up a bit back in the day.Even the piano version of IACBTMN from the Tonight Show was something fresh, for Renes opinion. I would have LOVED to hear and watch those hits played in a more acoustic way. Like you said, Madonna always changes her songs for each tour, so it's always fresh and fun! Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted January 7, 2025 at 09:56 PM Posted January 7, 2025 at 09:56 PM I really don’t want to sound insensitive and it’s not my intent, but I’m beginning to think during those monologues Celine might’ve been high. Those muscles relaxers/ Valium were at work.Between that one, the Ryan Reynolds one, and the time she talked about her guitarist Kevin’s white teeth for about a half hour lol there was a trend. Yeah, that thought has definitely crossed my mind. Valium makes you super drowsy though, so it was probably due to whatever stimulant she was taking to balance it out. Quote
KyleVan41 Posted January 8, 2025 at 12:10 AM Posted January 8, 2025 at 12:10 AM 😂😂😂 it’s true the speeches were off the charts Quote
stone Posted January 8, 2025 at 12:52 AM Posted January 8, 2025 at 12:52 AM I literally thought she was as coocoo for cocopuffs like a lot of non-fans thought of her. Lets say it’s all the drugs she was on lol Quote
Abodi2002 Posted January 8, 2025 at 03:20 AM Posted January 8, 2025 at 03:20 AM I really don’t want to sound insensitive and it’s not my intent, but I’m beginning to think during those monologues Celine might’ve been high. Those muscles relaxers/ Valium were at work.Between that one, the Ryan Reynolds one, and the time she talked about her guitarist Kevin’s white teeth for about a half hour lol there was a trend. when did she talk about Kevin's teeth? I swear her speech just before the acoustic medley became very long by 2017. Quote
Nmj Posted January 8, 2025 at 04:23 AM Posted January 8, 2025 at 04:23 AM when did she talk about Kevin's teeth? I swear her speech just before the acoustic medley became very long by 2017. There was bootlegs of it while back, it was before the acoustic medley. Quote
RosieBarron Posted January 8, 2025 at 06:00 AM Posted January 8, 2025 at 06:00 AM when did she talk about Kevin's teeth? I swear her speech just before the acoustic medley became very long by 2017. I do think Rene not being there to tell her to cut it down also probably didn't help. Even before knowing about the vallium and her illness I very much had the impression that without him noone else was there to just tell her like it was. That is after all how a lot of celebrities end up, everyone around them just goes along with what they do and say. I am sure that is partly why Celine is so different as there was always Rene and her mum who would just be honest with her. 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted January 8, 2025 at 10:41 AM Posted January 8, 2025 at 10:41 AM I do think Rene not being there to tell her to cut it down also probably didn't help. Even before knowing about the vallium and her illness I very much had the impression that without him noone else was there to just tell her like it was. That is after all how a lot of celebrities end up, everyone around them just goes along with what they do and say. I am sure that is partly why Celine is so different as there was always Rene and her mum who would just be honest with her. WTH was Michel there for, then? He would’ve shouted in her ear to stop talking and start singing, right? For sure he would’ve been honest. Quote The best is yet to come...
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 8, 2025 at 05:03 PM Posted January 8, 2025 at 05:03 PM As good as Rene was with regards to managing her career, he is the very reason for the repeated setlists, and little to no changes to the live arrangements of the songs. His philosophy was that everyone wanted to hear the songs almost exactly as they sound on the records. One thing that surprised me quite a lot was the fact that it was René who insisted on adding “A Song For You” to the setlist of her show in Stockholm back in 2008. Maybe he would have pushed for more songs from Courage for the CWT setlist? And yes, the covers thing in English is definitely Céline’s personal choice. This was confirmed to me by Scott Price himself back in 2016. 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
RosieBarron Posted January 8, 2025 at 05:23 PM Posted January 8, 2025 at 05:23 PM WTH was Michel there for, then? He would’ve shouted in her ear to stop talking and start singing, right? For sure he would’ve been honest. Not the same relationship at all. Rene as we know was able to give very direct feedback and often did in the car on the way home. Thinking of the 3 Boys doc. Quote
Nmj Posted January 8, 2025 at 05:42 PM Posted January 8, 2025 at 05:42 PM One thing that surprised me quite a lot was the fact that it was René who insisted on adding “A Song For You” to the setlist of her show in Stockholm back in 2008. Maybe he would have pushed for more songs from Courage for the CWT setlist? And yes, the covers thing in English is definitely Céline’s personal choice. This was confirmed to me by Scott Price himself back in 2016. What did Scott say exactly? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.