Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I‘m sure that Celine certainly didn’t help design the theatre. Maybe she had requests regarding the sound, humidity etc.and made suggestions.

 

Like she did back in Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace

Posted (edited)

If she was any other singer maybe she could get back on stage. Maybe she realized that her repertoire does not allow her to get back on stage with her disease. Or just to get back on stage at all. What she said or hopped one year ago is not possible vocally one hear after.

 

Still, if she can now be a studio artist, working on concept albums, working with specific producers etc… I’d be more than happy. We had the stage artist, but we’re still missing the studio artist. So her actual condition can be an opprtunity. If we still have an opprtunity. We don t know the effect of the disease on her vocal cords. Well the last time she addressed it it was to say she couldn’t t sing. there is a great chance she can’t sing anymore which doesn’t mean she cannot have a good life and play golf.

Edited by Ajax
  • Like 3
Posted

Well the last time she addressed it it was to say she couldn't t sing. there is a great chance she can't sing anymore which doesn't mean she cannot have a good life and play golf.

 

We still had some snippets from Celine during the interviews which all sounded very good. Definitely an improvement from her struggling with even easiest Love Again lines in the studio.

 

Maybe she can't hit high notes. Or maybe she loses agility, and it becomes very hard to sing for more than a few minutes.

  • Like 1
Posted
No, actually after the Hoda interview it looked like she is already doing very well and is ready to get back on stage. She even said it. And in the sit down interviews for the docu promo she even said that she is already running. She was in Paris last year and was very well, then performed in Saudi Arabia. So I really wonder what is going on. Did she have a set back? Or is she just taking her time? Is something big cooking behind the scenes? What’s going on?
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

There must surely be *some* pressure on her from Resorts World. I mean, if she’s capable of performing, they surely won’t be happy to just give her an indefinite timeline?

 

The fact nothing has been announced naturally makes me worry about her health and ability to sing.

 

Never wanted to be more wrong.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

Some people are delusional here thinking about everything: Las Vegas, tour, albums, Eurovision, Met Gala, announcement here, announcement there, she surely won't do everything. The longer we wait, the less likely anything is.

 

I'm really depressed without her and I wish she would do anything musically so that we could at least know if there is any hope but there is litterally nothing... and honestly you think they would wait foooooooooor soooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooong if her health was good? I think they would benefit from the situation as soon as possible which is SADLY not the case. Resorts World's situation is not good either and given barely anyone performs there you cannot even predict now if they "hold" any period for Celine, it's practically all empty.

 

 

What are we talking about if we haven't even received a Christmas message nor a birthday post? These are not maybe the best indicators and I don't say that her health is bad BUT it's surely not good ENOUGH for any commitment. If it was otherwise, we would have got something, anything by now.

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted (edited)
1744482507[/url]' post='2466255']

Some people are delusional here thinking about everything: Las Vegas, tour, albums, Eurovision, Met Gala, announcement here, announcement there, she surely won't do everything. The longer we wait, the less likely anything is.

 

I'm really depressed without her and I wish she would do anything musically so that we could at least know if there is any hope but there is litterally nothing... and honestly you think they would wait foooooooooor soooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooong if her health was good? I think they would benefit from the situation as soon as possible which is SADLY not the case. Resorts World's situation is not good either and given barely anyone performs there you cannot even predict now if they "hold" any period for Celine, it's practically all empty.

 

 

What are we talking about if we haven't even received a Christmas message nor a birthday post? These are not maybe the best indicators and I don't say that her health is bad BUT it's surely not good ENOUGH for any commitment. If it was otherwise, we would have got something, anything by now.

 

I wouldn’t say it’s wrong or delusional for many people to start talking about a potential residency, given the fact that she has said many times that she’s starting to work on a residency. So maybe it’s a nod that she would do a residency, sooner or later. I’m sure she wouldn’t say anything if she’s not ready. Remember that Celine loves to surprise her fans so who knows that an announcement would be coming when we least expect it. But sure, nothing is confirmed at this point and SPS can be unpredictable, you might be right about her health might not be good enough for now to do something as a residency.

Edited by Unison Addict
  • Like 1
Posted

Well Carrie finished her residency at RW last night and Janet finish’s hers at the end of next month and then they have no headliners for the rest of the year.

 

So… (if) Céline is to return this year, I would imagine the announcement to be within the next 2-3 weeks and maybe start shows late August/early September as usually rehearsals take 2 months for a new residency.

 

And obviously if we get no announcement within the next month, I think it’s safe to say that she may not be returning this year, unless it’s late November/December dates.

 

I do think May will be an exciting month though for Céline fans, I just have a feeling :)

 

 

Posted

Well Carrie finished her residency at RW last night and Janet finish’s hers at the end of next month and then they have no headliners for the rest of the year.

 

So… (if) Céline is to return this year, I would imagine the announcement to be within the next 2-3 weeks and maybe start shows late August/early September as usually rehearsals take 2 months for a new residency.

 

And obviously if we get no announcement within the next month, I think it’s safe to say that she may not be returning this year, unless it’s late November/December dates.

 

I do think May will be an exciting month though for Céline fans, I just have a feeling :)

 

Lots of optimism here… I think if she returns it’ll be in November/ December if anything. But last time a a residency was announced before it was cancelled, was a November start with an April announcement/ and ticket sales. Here we are now…

 

I’ve never been so baffled by what they are doing in my life… an Olympic return, then dead silence, then a trip to Saudi Arabia 4 months after that for two songs that were lipped and then back to the silence and now’s it’s been 6 months more.

 

  • Like 2
Posted
Yup. It is all baffling. The only thing I can chalk it up to is she’s recording and there is somthing about timing with contracts, French shows she’ll be doing …etc etc.
  • Like 1
Posted

There must surely be *some* pressure on her from Resorts World. I mean, if she's capable of performing, they surely won't be happy to just give her an indefinite timeline?

 

The fact nothing has been announced naturally makes me worry about her health and ability to sing.

 

Never wanted to be more wrong.

Sometimes I feel it might be a case where she can make an appearance or performance here and there like we have seen but hasn’t been given the all clear for a full show at full vocal capacity.

Last thing they’d want is for her to come back and articles are written saying her voice is not there or she’s using backup tracks because she can’t hit the notes. They know all eyes will be on the comeback show if it ever happens.

  • Like 1
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
Could it be that insurance is an issue? I could be talking absolute nonsense too but is it not the case that the doctor/legal team for her touring company have to sign off… perhaps AEG are saying no given her condition and the possible impact if she were to cancel? Just a thought
  • Like 1
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

Announcing she’s doing Vegas again over a year ago and then the silence is what’s weird. I’m convinced there’s a plan and it’s not related to a regress or worsening even just based on how great she looked and her mood at the recent golf event. But waiting a while friggin year to not even give updates is getting a bit frustrating at this point. I know she owes us nothing but she let the cat out of the bag almost a year ago “inviting us “ to come see her again and it’s been crickets since.

 

Now my GUESS is one of two things is gonna happen. Janet is at resorts world until next month but it’s not advertised as “final dates”. If she announces more shows in summer for the fall I’m saying we’re not gonna Celine this year.

 

Option 2- we get Celine news in May. If we don’t get it in May or June I’m honestly baffled beyond

  • Like 2
Posted

I don’t know why I have a feeling that is has something to do with Resorts World… I wonder if they are having cold feet due to the less than impressive headlines from the hotel. Also could be a scheduling conflict… I hope it’s not her health.

 

Well the fact that they have been so wrapped up in scandal with the illegal bookmaking etc... also that they just got fined $10.5 million for allowing s*** like that to happen... Carrie's show just ended and now they just have Janet so idk. I wonder if Celine is actively looking for a new venue. She might not want to cosign her name to Resorts World anymore.

  • Like 1
Posted

Well the fact that they have been so wrapped up in scandal with the illegal bookmaking etc... also that they just got fined $10.5 million for allowing s*** like that to happen... Carrie's show just ended and now they just have Janet so idk. I wonder if Celine is actively looking for a new venue. She might not want to cosign her name to Resorts World anymore.

 

For the whole s h i t show the USA is in now, I think it's even better to ditch the idea of a Vegas show right now and (of course if she can perform) concentrate on a Canadian or London/Paris residency...

  • Like 5


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

What benefit does having a residency in UK/Europe/Canada rather than Vegas at the minute have?

 

Vegas is the best place to put on a residency with their amazing theatres, behind the scenes teams etc.

 

I don’t feel a residency at an arena or stadium is ever as great as at a theatre which has all the bells and whistles, and I doubt London, Montreal or Paris has such a theatre available with the capacity and technology that she and her team requires.

 

If it was a show like TC ( in the round ) with dancers etc in an arena then yes I would be up for that, but not the end stage version.

Edited by Shamrock_1982
  • Like 2
Posted

What benefit does having a residency in UK/Europe/Canada rather than Vegas at the minute have?

 

Vegas is the best place to put on a residency with their amazing theatres, behind the scenes teams etc.

 

I don't feel a residency at an arena or stadium is ever as great as at a theatre which has all the bells and whistles, and I doubt London, Montreal or Paris has such a theatre available with the capacity and technology that she and her team requires.

 

If it was a show like TC ( in the round ) with dancers etc in an arena then yes I would be up for that, but not the end stage version.

 

Euh ABBA in London?


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

For the whole s h i t show the USA is in now, I think it's even better to ditch the idea of a Vegas show right now and (of course if she can perform) concentrate on a Canadian or London/Paris residency...

 

I'm quite sure no place in London / Paris will pay as much as places in Vegas, not even mentioning French and British government would steal half of earnings as taxes.

 

Vegas is so much better.

Posted
Of course Vegas would pay more, but why not a show in London? Like I said in my post a few days ago. The O2 Arena is under AEG. Is it possible to switch the venue under AEG contract?
  • Like 1
Posted

I bet you any money Celine doesn’t want to go to Resorts World especially after seeing Adele’s show. Carrie Underwood is just not same level.

 

But getting her out of that contract would be tricky

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

For the whole s h i t show the USA is in now, I think it's even better to ditch the idea of a Vegas show right now and (of course if she can perform) concentrate on a Canadian or London/Paris residency...

 

Totally agree. Not sure anywhere near as many non Americans would show up at the moment. I have been thinking about that moral dilema myself if she did announce shows there. I guess I would go to Canada and maybe do as short a trip as possible into the US. She would essentially just be performing to rich Americans who could actually afford the crazy prices at a venue which is becoming a joke, thinking of this Mr Beast thing this week. It must be nearly 5 years since her contract at Resorts World was signed and she hasn't been able to perform there for good reason. There must be a point where she is released from it.

  • Like 3
Posted
It would be quite something if, after all this time, the thing preventing her from getting back to the stage was her contract and negotiations with Resorts World in particular. I forget where I was reading that she might have trouble with the insurance underwriting side of things -- because entertainment/tour companies wouldn't want to take on the financial insurance risk of a performer with a health condition such as hers.
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

What benefit does having a residency in UK/Europe/Canada rather than Vegas at the minute have?

 

Vegas is the best place to put on a residency with their amazing theatres, behind the scenes teams etc.

 

I dont feel a residency at an arena or stadium is ever as great as at a theatre which has all the bells and whistles, and I doubt London, Montreal or Paris has such a theatre available with the capacity and technology that she and her team requires.

 

If it was a show like TC ( in the round ) with dancers etc in an arena then yes I would be up for that, but not the end stage version.

 

It's definitely not the same vibe, unless they create something special for her like they did with Adele.

But Celine having 9 shows in Bercy, she could easily do that again spending the summer in Europe.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Don't know how true this is… but they claim that Celine will be on tf1 50' inside. Saturday… "When Will Celine Return?"

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

https://www.facebook...mibextid=wwXIfr

Well it doesn’t say she will be there. Just that there is a story dedicated to her on the show.

  • Like 1
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted

 

Well it doesn’t say she will be there. Just that there is a story dedicated to her on the show.

 

I said she’d be on it, not sure what capacity. But low expectations.

Posted
Any French fans here? Are there any TV ads for the show tomorrow or sth. like that?
Posted
She won't appear. I watch that show every once in a while and they would definitely be talking about their 'entrevue exclusive' instead of just a 'reportage'.
Posted (edited)

A Spanish media outlet reported that her team is still in negotiations with Caesars Palace for her residency and that she is working hard to improve her health. However, sources close to Céline say they are afraid she is working too much and not resting, because according to people close to her consulted by this outlet, she doesn’t. Therefore, my opinion is that it will still be some time before we see the residency or before Céline releases new music.

Obviously, we can't expect the same vocal level in her songs as, for example, in "My Heart Will Go On", due to her condition. However, it's true that producers, through studio recordings, can generate her voice to sustain the high notes she used to hit. I doubt Céline would allow that, as she doesn't like to deceive her audience.

 

The songs she will release will likely be similar to the new ones from the Love Again soundtrack. If you pay attention, there aren’t many high notes, but if I remember correctly, she does vocal runs in some of the soundtrack songs. In any case, the songs I’m referring to are very resonant, most likely in Céline’s style, adapted due to her condition—which could indicate the direction she will take with her next song.

 

In any case, if Céline felt she wanted to come back, I’m sure she will, sooner or later. As she says, she belongs on stage!

It doesn’t matter when she releases her new residency or appears in a documentary. What matters is that we have her here with us. She is overcoming a very serious health condition. Of course, I believe she is being deeply protected by her beloved René.

Edited by CélineI'mAlive

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...