Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

A Spanish media outlet reported that her team is still in negotiations with Caesars Palace for her residency and that she is working hard to improve her health. However, sources close to Céline say they are afraid she is working too much and not resting, because according to people close to her consulted by this outlet, she doesn’t. Therefore, my opinion is that it will still be some time before we see the residency or before Céline releases new music.

Obviously, we can't expect the same vocal level in her songs as, for example, in "My Heart Will Go On", due to her condition. However, it's true that producers, through studio recordings, can generate her voice to sustain the high notes she used to hit. I doubt Céline would allow that, as she doesn't like to deceive her audience.

 

The songs she will release will likely be similar to the new ones from the Love Again soundtrack. If you pay attention, there aren’t many high notes, but if I remember correctly, she does vocal runs in some of the soundtrack songs. In any case, the songs I’m referring to are very resonant, most likely in Céline’s style, adapted due to her condition—which could indicate the direction she will take with her next song.

 

In any case, if Céline felt she wanted to come back, I’m sure she will, sooner or later. As she says, she belongs on stage!

It doesn’t matter when she releases her new residency or appears in a documentary. What matters is that we have her here with us. She is overcoming a very serious health condition. Of course, I believe she is being deeply protected by her beloved René.

 

A tabloid outlet? Celine is still signed under AEG. Caesar’s is not an AEG property. They wouldn’t announce a non AEG property, without first announcing that Celine has left them and signed with someone else to manage her shows.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
Exactly right now it’s not an option to perform as Caesar’s palace, which in its self is the reason these are fake rumors . Whomever created the fake rumors clearly doesn’t know the dynamics of the venues and which company runs them and who produces the act.
Posted

A tabloid outlet? Celine is still signed under AEG. Caesar's is not an AEG property. They wouldn't announce a non AEG property, without first announcing that Celine has left them and signed with someone else to manage her shows.

 

No, what I wrote is a simplification of the article. I read it a long time ago, and I don't remember it well.

Posted (edited)

She won't appear. I watch that show every once in a while and they would definitely be talking about their 'entrevue exclusive' instead of just a 'reportage'.

 

I have some knowledge of marketing and social media management, and I can assure you — even without seeing it — that Celine’s team has all her social media posts carefully planned out. I'm speaking from experience, as I also manage a few Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram accounts that have a solid following and a strong reputation in their respective fields. I do it as a hobby, since I’m actually an economics student, but that doesn't mean I don't understand how Celine’s team operates.

A professional community manager typically creates a detailed content plan at the beginning of each month. It's very common for posts to be scheduled in advance and for the platforms to run automatically. Once the plan is in place, Celine’s team can schedule posts ahead of time, allowing them to simply monitor for any digital crises or technical issues when publishing.

Nothing is posted randomly — everything is carefully studied using specialized tools. They even track detailed analytics like how many men or women liked a particular photo, their ages, and which age group interacted the most. Given that Celine is a global superstar, it's almost certain that her entire year is mapped out in advance.

I know this because I have friends who are singers signed to Warner Music, and when they plan an album release, they organize their schedule months ahead. I can only imagine that Celine’s team does the same for her commitments.

Nothing on Celine’s social media is left to chance — that I can guarantee. So they probably already know, at least internally, when her residency will be announced. They might just be waiting for the right moment.

For example, the recent challenge encouraging fans to recreate Celine’s Unison-era outfits is a clear engagement strategy. It’s designed to boost visibility: when people participate, their followers — many of whom might not even be Celine fans — will be exposed to her music. This could lead them to stream her songs on Spotify or YouTube, driving up views and potentially boosting sales of the Unison reissue. If participants tag Celine’s Instagram account, it increases her account’s visibility too, helping it appear more often in recommendations.

All of this suggests that the media outlet might actually be right — it might simply not be the right time to announce anything yet. We just have to be patient and wait to see what happens.

 

Even though Celine’s community managers likely have her social media accounts automated, they are definitely monitoring everything closely — we can see it by how they view fans’ stories. The same logic could apply to the release of old unreleased songs. These tracks were probably discarded for a reason — most likely because either Celine herself or her record label didn’t feel they were good enough.

For a song to be officially released, no matter how much Celine might personally like it, it still has to be approved by the label. Celine is well-known for being a perfectionist when it comes to her work. Who knows — maybe the reason she doesn’t release more unreleased material from her past eras is because she doesn’t believe those songs meet her high standards. To us, they might sound great, but to her, they might simply not feel good enough.

Edited by CélineI'mAlive
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
I’m actually convinced the delay is to avoid the $$$ commissions through 2025 the judge ordered to be paid on performances through to 2025. (Previously discussed re: Prinz ruling ) Given the fact she had cancelled much of the pandemic and then 2021 even if she was ready to go “now” paying the commissions may have made it not worth it , whereas waiting for 2026 would see her and her team clear a lot more on the bottom line ; depending on how contract is written. If we see a ton of dates in 2026 and beyond the answers will be clear Edited by KyleVan41
  • Like 2
Posted

I’m actually convinced the delay is to avoid the $$$ commissions through 2025 the judge ordered to be paid on performances through to 2025. (Previously discussed re: Prinz ruling ) Given the fact she had cancelled much of the pandemic and then 2021 even if she was ready to go “now” paying the commissions may have made it not worth it , whereas waiting for 2026 would see her and her team clear a lot more on the bottom line ; depending on how contract is written. If we see a ton of dates in 2026 and beyond the answers will be clear

 

Surely the judge can’t demand the same determination with her current case. I’d assume if she was ready they’d be able to file a motion of reversal to the terms before SPS.

Posted

 

 

Surely the judge can’t demand the same determination with her current case. I’d assume if she was ready they’d be able to file a motion of reversal to the terms before SPS.

 

She already had to pay a judgement of $70,000,000 for this case. The judge’s decision is final on this.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

And here we are today with yet again another variation of a. New (old) photo from the Vegas residency annocued in 2021…lol. Sure getting their moneys worth for that shoot aren’t they …link? Or Le lazy.

 

I’ll go with the latter

  • Like 2
Posted

Still blows my mind that it’s been over 5 years since we last saw her perform in concert and, really, we’re still no closer to knowing if, or when, she’ll perform again.

 

Makes me sad.

  • Like 6

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

Still blows my mind that it's been over 5 years since we last saw her perform in concert and, really, we're still no closer to knowing if, or when, she'll perform again.

 

Makes me sad.

 

I was going through 'recent' tourbooks this weekend... I agree it makes me sad too, not knowing what the future holds. :down:

  • Like 3


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Still blows my mind that it's been over 5 years since we last saw her perform in concert and, really, we're still no closer to knowing if, or when, she'll perform again.

 

Makes me sad.

 

I said in "Random Thoughts" thread that I've sadly come to the acceptance stage that she'll never perform again, at least not as a regular live performer. My guess is that even 1-2 nights a week would be too demanding, let alone the logistical/financial side of things.

 

But maybe an album(s) await us down the road and some cool appearances. And from the outside it seems like she's doing a lot better than a few years ago, so that makes me happy.

Posted
When we saw her during the interviews almost a year ago I thought we would have seen her perform a sort of a concert by now. We all know she won’t perform as much as she did before, but please let it be possible for her to perform in some way at least.
  • Like 1

Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017

Posted

Resorts World has 6 Janet Jackson show this month and that’s it for concerts this year ( so far ) and her tickets are not moving very well ; anyone can check the seat maps ; there’s s*** tons left.

 

One has to wonder what and who is going to fill this 125 million dollar theatre if it’s not Celine. We’re officially in May now - later summer and fall residences should be announced by now.

Posted

A lot of people saying apart from big events like the event Wrestlemania, Vegas is sooo quiet and not a lot of people there.

 

Could a Céline announcement change this or due to the current situation is there a plan B????

Posted (edited)

Something odd… if you ask Grok on x(twitter) when is Celine Dion performing next… it lists Honolulu Hawaii as a one and only “confirmed” concert date with tickets not on sale yet for July 12, 2025??!

 

It lists CelineDion.com and Ticketmaster as sources but nothing on their sites, but I asked grok the question just the other day and they said no dates are on the books… I think this info could be leaked early with a date to be announced soon. Hawaii is very random?

 

“ Celine Dion’s next confirmed performance is on **July 12, 2025**, at the **Neal S. Blaisdell Concert Hall** in **Honolulu, HI**. No earlier performances are scheduled for 2025. She is also reportedly planning a **Las Vegas residency** at Resorts World starting in **November 2025**, but specific dates are not yet confirmed. For the latest updates, check **celinedion.com** or **Ticketmaster.com**.”

 

Sorry I had to post in this thread because the others aren’t letting me open it and post, the forum has been odd lately on my phone.

 

:hmm:

Edited by Nmj
Posted (edited)

These upcoming dates are for the tour "Génération Céline » a tribute show. If Céline ever tour again, the shows will be held only in Paris and maybe in Lyon IMO.

 

As I heard a while ago, someone said that Céline would love to do something intimate. Perhaps because it will allow her to be "among friends" and not have to worry so much about pushing herself as she has been doing up until now, since we all know she often works too hard. I also think she could be plotting something similar to A New Day, where acting could be more important and she could feel a little less pressured to sing.

 

With this, I debate your position on the French concerts. It would mean traveling all day, and because of her illness, she can't be under as much stress. I think Caesars is much more comfortable for her. All that stress from setting up the stage also disappears. Setting up the stage isn't Céline's thing, but since we know her and know she always wants to give her best and is a perfectionist, it might cause her stress. At Caesars, she'll have her permanent stage, she won't have to travel long distances... I think it's all advantages.

Edited by CélineI'mAlive
Posted

 

 

As I heard a while ago, someone said that Céline would love to do something intimate. Perhaps because it will allow her to be "among friends" and not have to worry so much about pushing herself as she has been doing up until now, since we all know she often works too hard. I also think she could be plotting something similar to A New Day, where acting could be more important and she could feel a little less pressured to sing.

 

With this, I debate your position on the French concerts. It would mean traveling all day, and because of her illness, she can't be under as much stress. I think Caesars is much more comfortable for her. All that stress from setting up the stage also disappears. Setting up the stage isn't Céline's thing, but since we know her and know she always wants to give her best and is a perfectionist, it might cause her stress. At Caesars, she'll have her permanent stage, she won't have to travel long distances... I think it's all advantages.

 

 

Of course I agree with you on Las Vegas being the easiest place for her. I meant if she ever tour in France she would perform only in Paris and not in little cities like Limoges…

  • Like 1
Posted

Of course I agree with you on Las Vegas being the easiest place for her. I meant if she ever tour in France she would perform only in Paris and not in little cities like Limoges…

Oh! Sorry then! I misunderstood, hahaha. I think Céline really wants to return to the Caesar's, you can tell in the videos with Adele, how emotional she gets being there, but as a spectator. I think it brings back so many memories from those years, and from when René supported her and still supports her tirelessly from wherever he is.

  • Like 1
Posted

As I heard a while ago, someone said that Céline would love to do something intimate. Perhaps because it will allow her to be "among friends" and not have to worry so much about pushing herself as she has been doing up until now, since we all know she often works too hard. I also think she could be plotting something similar to A New Day, where acting could be more important and she could feel a little less pressured to sing.

 

It would be cool if she did these small taped performances in intimate spaces, if larger venues/residencies etc. are out of the question. Like BBC Radio 2 Piano Room for example

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

It would be cool if she did these small taped performances in intimate spaces, if larger venues/residencies etc. are out of the question. Like BBC Radio 2 Piano Room for example

I doubt she would do that, because she would never get paid the amount of money she got in Vegas. She used to do stuff like that for promotion while Rene was still alive, but now that she is by herself she only goes for the big bucks. Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

I doubt she would do that, because she would never get paid the amount of money she got in Vegas. She used to do stuff like that for promotion while Rene was still alive, but now that she is by herself she only goes for the big bucks.

 

These types of appearances wouldn't be about the money at all. It'd be about connecting with her fans bc they'd be filmed and posted online/social media. And for her to sing 'in public' again with musicians. It's not the same as performing for an arena, but it's much safer for her. And she has more control if things go wrong.

 

Besides, she doesn't need the money.

  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

These types of appearances wouldn't be about the money at all. It'd be about connecting with her fans bc they'd be filmed and posted online/social media. And for her to sing 'in public' again with musicians. It's not the same as performing for an arena, but it's much safer for her. And she has more control if things go wrong.

 

Besides, she doesn't need the money.

lol, would you go through all this hassle and stress and preparation process just to not get paid at the end of the day? Nobody would, certainly not Celine who by now even neglects her releases because it’s no longer profitable.
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

lol, would you go through all this hassle and stress and preparation process just to not get paid at the end of the day? Nobody would, certainly not Celine who by now even neglects her releases because it's no longer profitable.

 

The reduced level of stress and hassle involved is exactly why it would work for someone in her position. And it would be an offering to her fans, for whom in her own words she cares very much about.

Posted (edited)

The reduced level of stress and hassle involved is exactly why it would work for someone in her position. And it would be an offering to her fans, for whom in her own words she cares very much about.

quite unrealistic in my opinion Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

It would be cool if she did these small taped performances in intimate spaces, if larger venues/residencies etc. are out of the question. Like BBC Radio 2 Piano Room for example

 

I wish! Consider that if you're looking for something intimate, there will be far fewer people, and a much greater chance of meeting or interacting with Célinegiggle.gif giggle.gif .

Edited by CélineI'mAlive
Posted (edited)

I doubt she would do that, because she would never get paid the amount of money she got in Vegas. She used to do stuff like that for promotion while Rene was still alive, but now that she is by herself she only goes for the big bucks.

 

René used to treat the fans really well. He made the fans, Céline, and René feel like family.

 

His current team also treats the fans phenomenally, but it's true that René used to create a more homemade image of Céline. That is, he created a much less prepared image of Céline, much more organic, but at the same time worthy of being a superstar. The current team is much more professional. That's why, in my opinion, it's not that she's just going for the money now, but rather that her team wants to present a more professional image of her. That's why, since René's death, she only does big concerts, it's like making her more of a superstar, like: "Superstars don't sing in small places like bars...etc."

 

But honestly, knowing what Céline is like, she would even perform for free, because we all know that singing is her passion.

 

I highly doubt she's going after the money. She never has, and we all know she never was like that, nor will she ever be. She's always been very humble.

Edited by CélineI'mAlive
Posted

 

I dunno what to say or feel after reading this.

 

They do need to give us some type of update at this stage, after the teasing of a vegas return twice last year.

Posted

Celine Dion's status unclear

WOW

Yes, we need an update.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...