AdrienneM Posted March 6, 2022 at 01:23 PM Posted March 6, 2022 at 01:23 PM All of Europe and the US could be attacked any day now. Putin has stated that any county that imposes sanctions on Russia (which have been many) would be considered a declaration of war. Reports from people close to Putin said he has been changed by 2 years of isolation due to Covid. He is ready to put the former USSR back together or “burn the house down.” This is the most serious chance of WW III we’ve ever come to and people are worried about “Will Celine Dion tour?” WHO CARES????!!!! That’s so unimportant now. This thread should also just be locked until Celine announces she’s actually going back on tour. This thread is pointless. The ignorance of Americans never fails to astound me. Putin has absolutely *NO* desire to reform the USSR. He despises communism and despises everything the USSR stood for. If any argument were to be made, he’d want the reformation of the Czarist Empire, but even then, he is not the lunatic that he’s been propagated to be or displayed as in propaganda. Is he dangerous? Yes. Is he most certainly something to be taken seriously? Yes. But he isn’t stupid, he isn’t about to go into all our war with NATO because he would not stand a chance. His attacks on Ukraine haven’t been soldiers marching in and gunning people down at mass amounts; it’s been a tactical and precise assault to isolate the areas of Ukraine he wants freed, and then he’s done. Is it wrong? 1000000% yes. Does he have any right to lands out with Russia? Absolutely not. Do the Ukrainian people deserve our full support and hope for peace? Yes. But this cataclysmic doomsday idea is the exact type of propaganda that’s been used to fuel anti-Russian and pro-war sentiments by the west for the past 40+ years. US presidents making increasingly bold threats (because they’re bitter the Cold War never escalated to an actual war), Russian leaders strong arming and deciding to make it known they have no fear of war or conflict, and every country in between feeding its own narrative. At the end of it all- neither the Ukrainian citizens nor the Russian citizens want war, death or conflict. They want peace and the ability to live without fear. We as a collective have suffered a lot in the past two years, this is out of the frying pan and into the fire. This conflict is the result of the egos of pathetic men and oligarchs in power, with the interference and influence of weapons manufacturers to brew war and conflict to make profit, and soothe their egos because they’re all desperate to come across as a dominant world power. Putin has made infinite veiled threats as have any and all world leaders since time immemorial. Has anything come of them? That’s a resounding no. Do people actually think Putin is going to fire a missile at the US? Really? The Russian sanctions have achieved nothing but crippling the lives of the ordinary Russian people and Putin has now clearly established through his actions that his threats of conflict are exactly that- threats. People who want the establishment of a no-fly zone in Ukraine or for NATO to move forces towards Russia are imbeciles who have no understanding of what that actually means. THAT is a declaration of war. At the end of the day, Russia is rich enough and self-sustaining enough to survive any sanction that is placed upon it and despite their “heroic” statements and showings of solidarity- no world power Is going to interfere with Ukraine and Russia because they do not see it as their problem. If they wanted to help; they’d send massive amounts of financial and medical aid as well as supplies to the Ukrainian people, and allow them passage into their counties as refugees without the requirement of visas or citizenship applications. But they haven’t. They’ve simply played theatre and are having a sad little male ego fest at the expense of innocent people who are suffering and dying because of it. All this to say that I’m frankly sick and tired of peoples ignorance with regards to this conflict and even more so of the direct actions of those involved in it. Now please, by all means, create a Ukrainian topic in the off-topic section of the forum. But endless back and forth over this in a tour discussion is achieving nothing. Truly. 3 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted March 6, 2022 at 01:25 PM Posted March 6, 2022 at 01:25 PM (edited) All of Europe and the US could be attacked any day now. Putin has stated that any county that imposes sanctions on Russia (which have been many) would be considered a declaration of war. Reports from people close to Putin said he has been changed by 2 years of isolation due to Covid. He is ready to put the former USSR back together or “burn the house down.” This is the most serious chance of WW III we’ve ever come to and people are worried about “Will Celine Dion tour?” WHO CARES????!!!! That’s so unimportant now. This thread should also just be locked until Celine announces she’s actually going back on tour. This thread is pointless. As is your presence on this message board. You should be putting 100% of your time and energy in thinking about Putin, as apparently you seem to believe it will make a difference. You constantly ridicule people who believe they can influence TC by posting their opinions on this board. But now you believe we can influence the mind of Vladimir Putin from here? You're a funny one. Edited March 6, 2022 at 01:27 PM by Dancing_Queen 6 Quote
RosieBarron Posted March 6, 2022 at 03:52 PM Posted March 6, 2022 at 03:52 PM Why are you coming to this thread if you can think of nothing but the Ukraine situation? Your attitude to others is so ignorant. I very much care about what is going on, but this is a f-ing Celine Dion discussion board. I did not once say I care more about the tour than I do the war. See my earlier post, it’s possible to want the tour to continue and also be concerned about the Europe situation. If by discussing a Celine tour on a Celine forum you have decided I don’t care about Ukraine then you continue to believe that. I was basically just about to post the exact same thing. This is a Celine Dion forum. If you want to read about war and don't think people should be thinking about the tour then read the news instead. 2 Quote
RosieBarron Posted March 6, 2022 at 04:42 PM Posted March 6, 2022 at 04:42 PM Do you think she will change her dresses and hair? Will they release some live videos? I think she will. A fresh start for the tour is needed. Courage part II. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted March 6, 2022 at 06:49 PM Posted March 6, 2022 at 06:49 PM I was basically just about to post the exact same thing. This is a Celine Dion forum. If you want to read about war and don't think people should be thinking about the tour then read the news instead. I don’t think I’m the one who needs to be reading the news. Again, just lock this thread mods. Open it again when/if CWT continues. Quote
Popular Post Peppercorn1991 Posted March 6, 2022 at 07:32 PM Popular Post Posted March 6, 2022 at 07:32 PM I don’t think I’m the one who needs to be reading the news. Again, just lock this thread mods. Open it again when/if CWT continues. So the forum has to lock a thread because you want to talk about WW3 and can’t stop yourself? Would that fill your addiction? You are getting too carried away with this. Everyone has said that this war is unacceptable, but we have to get on with our lives as well as support as best as we can. If you can’t stand that then that’s your problem. Millions of people have to get on with their lives and they will do. They have to for their own sanity. No one likes what is going on. What exactly do you want us to do on a Celine forum? Your views and constant comments about others on this forum highlight a need for attention and confrontation. You smear and antagonise people constantly for fun. You also admit that you look down on us “Stans”and it makes you feel better about yourself. You are on a CELINE DION fan “Stan” whatever you call it forum. If you can’t stand any of us and how much we love Celine then why are you here? If you want Celine news as a moderate fan, go see google news. We are obviously too annoying and crazy for you to put up with. The forum is for us to celebrate, dream and speculate and there is nothing wrong with that. It’s what it was set up to do and will continue to do. A forum will always be a collection of different types of people as with in life. Get over it or move over. Seriously. I’d like to apologise to others for my rant but I’ve been holding my words for some time. Kev x 11 Quote
RosieBarron Posted March 6, 2022 at 08:17 PM Posted March 6, 2022 at 08:17 PM I don’t think I’m the one who needs to be reading the news. Again, just lock this thread mods. Open it again when/if CWT continues. I do several times a day actually, and then I balance out the bad stuff by discussing things like Celine's tour with others rather than getting obsessed with things I cannot change. 3 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 6, 2022 at 08:28 PM Posted March 6, 2022 at 08:28 PM I'll just leave this here: 6 Quote
queenofvegas Posted March 7, 2022 at 01:27 AM Posted March 7, 2022 at 01:27 AM The ignorance of Americans never fails to astound me. Putin has absolutely *NO* desire to reform the USSR. He despises communism and despises everything the USSR stood for. If any argument were to be made, he'd want the reformation of the Czarist Empire, but even then, he is not the lunatic that he's been propagated to be or displayed as in propaganda. Is he dangerous? Yes. Is he most certainly something to be taken seriously? Yes. But he isn't stupid, he isn't about to go into all our war with NATO because he would not stand a chance. His attacks on Ukraine haven't been soldiers marching in and gunning people down at mass amounts; it's been a tactical and precise assault to isolate the areas of Ukraine he wants freed, and then he's done. Is it wrong? 1000000% yes. Does he have any right to lands out with Russia? Absolutely not. Do the Ukrainian people deserve our full support and hope for peace? Yes. But this cataclysmic doomsday idea is the exact type of propaganda that's been used to fuel anti-Russian and pro-war sentiments by the west for the past 40+ years. US presidents making increasingly bold threats (because they're bitter the Cold War never escalated to an actual war), Russian leaders strong arming and deciding to make it known they have no fear of war or conflict, and every country in between feeding its own narrative. At the end of it all- neither the Ukrainian citizens nor the Russian citizens want war, death or conflict. They want peace and the ability to live without fear. We as a collective have suffered a lot in the past two years, this is out of the frying pan and into the fire. This conflict is the result of the egos of pathetic men and oligarchs in power, with the interference and influence of weapons manufacturers to brew war and conflict to make profit, and soothe their egos because they're all desperate to come across as a dominant world power. Putin has made infinite veiled threats as have any and all world leaders since time immemorial. Has anything come of them? That's a resounding no. Do people actually think Putin is going to fire a missile at the US? Really? The Russian sanctions have achieved nothing but crippling the lives of the ordinary Russian people and Putin has now clearly established through his actions that his threats of conflict are exactly that- threats. People who want the establishment of a no-fly zone in Ukraine or for NATO to move forces towards Russia are imbeciles who have no understanding of what that actually means. THAT is a declaration of war. At the end of the day, Russia is rich enough and self-sustaining enough to survive any sanction that is placed upon it and despite their "heroic" statements and showings of solidarity- no world power Is going to interfere with Ukraine and Russia because they do not see it as their problem. If they wanted to help; they'd send massive amounts of financial and medical aid as well as supplies to the Ukrainian people, and allow them passage into their counties as refugees without the requirement of visas or citizenship applications. But they haven't. They've simply played theatre and are having a sad little male ego fest at the expense of innocent people who are suffering and dying because of it. All this to say that I'm frankly sick and tired of peoples ignorance with regards to this conflict and even more so of the direct actions of those involved in it. Now please, by all means, create a Ukrainian topic in the off-topic section of the forum. But endless back and forth over this in a tour discussion is achieving nothing. Truly. What is the point of saying all this about the war if "endless back and forth over this in a tour discussion is achieving nothing"? Seems like you don't really believe that statement Quote
AdrienneM Posted March 7, 2022 at 08:23 AM Posted March 7, 2022 at 08:23 AM What is the point of saying all this about the war if "endless back and forth over this in a tour discussion is achieving nothing"? Seems like you don't really believe that statement I made one detailed response to get it off my chest with regards to the words and ideas being put across in here. Hardly comparable to the now pages of doomsday-esque posts, factually incorrect nonsense and shaming of people for writing something as simple as “I can’t wait to see Celine again”. As I said within my post it does achieve nothing- regardless of who’s saying it. That’s all I’m gonna say on it. If y’all want this to become the Russo-Ukrainian Misinformation Part of the Forum; be my guest. 1 Quote
manu23 Posted March 7, 2022 at 10:37 AM Posted March 7, 2022 at 10:37 AM I think the best way to support Ukraine is to avoid conflict in your day-to-day. Picking fights continuously but showing extra concern for what's happening seem a bit contradictory. If you are someone that cares so much about peace maybe start putting it in practice in your own life. 5 Quote
Popular Post Davey84 Posted March 7, 2022 at 11:57 AM Popular Post Posted March 7, 2022 at 11:57 AM I don't think I'm the one who needs to be reading the news. Again, just lock this thread mods. Open it again when/if CWT continues. The war Putin started in the Ukraine is terrible, horrible and unnecessary. We can only hope it will be stopped soon. However, like other members stated, the is a Celine Dion forum and this topic is about the CWT. I'd never thought that after COVID-19 and Céline's health issues, a war on the East side of Europe would be one of the threats for this tour (or the world). I see no reason to close this thread. I for one hope the tour can go on and Céline can spread her love and joy. If you want to discuss the Ukrainian situation, you can do so in this thread: http://www.celinedio...e/#entry2417540 Further posts about the Russian war in the Ukraine in this thread will be deleted. 8 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celinelife Posted March 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM I love how mods just appear during times of conflicts, but never else 1 Quote
No1IrishFan Posted March 7, 2022 at 01:30 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 01:30 PM Do you think we will get an update if the tour is continuing? Last statement for the US cancellation said the tour is scheduled to begin in May so if that is the case would they need another separate update saying what has already been said, or maybe only an update if Europe isn’t happening. 1 Quote
manu23 Posted March 7, 2022 at 02:22 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 02:22 PM Do you think we will get an update if the tour is continuing? Last statement for the US cancellation said the tour is scheduled to begin in May so if that is the case would they need another separate update saying what has already been said, or maybe only an update if Europe isn't happening. Good point. I think they will only make a statement again if the tour is not happening. Maybe a short video from Celine saying she can't wait to see us in Europe or something in that style? CWT was advertised in one of the newsletters I receive from "Live Sweden" so I guess the promotors believe the show is happening. Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted March 7, 2022 at 03:23 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 03:23 PM Yes, I'm sure she will give some sign of life when the time comes. They know people have to make accomodations etc. I don't expect anything soon however. The last show of the NA leg would've been Washington DC on April 22nd. I wouldn't expect anything before that. Unless there are more cancellations of course. Then it might be sooner. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted March 7, 2022 at 06:25 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 06:25 PM She’ll have to make some sort of announcement. Last week all heard she was in such bad condition she couldn’t get out of bed. She or her team will have to make an announcement that she’s well and able to perform again. Or……that they’re canceling the European tour as she continues to follow doctor’s advice. 1 Quote
remykyes Posted March 7, 2022 at 08:27 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 08:27 PM Good point. I think they will only make a statement again if the tour is not happening. Maybe a short video from Celine saying she can't wait to see us in Europe or something in that style? CWT was advertised in one of the newsletters I receive from "Live Sweden" so I guess the promotors believe the show is happening. So were the shows in here NA but look what happened. Not to rain on anyone's parade...we know how fast things can change. Yes, I'm sure she will give some sign of life when the time comes. They know people have to make accomodations etc. I don't expect anything soon however. The last show of the NA leg would've been Washington DC on April 22nd. I wouldn't expect anything before that. Unless there are more cancellations of course. Then it might be sooner. I really hope that she says something sooner rather than later. The European leg kicks off on May 25th. If she were to make an announcement on April 23, the day after the DC show should have happened, that only gives people for the first 6-ish shows a little more than a month to make accommodations. As you said though, she'll say something when she's ready and the doctors have given her the green light. I'm hoping they give us some good news for the tour for all of you who are in Europe but I'm also hoping for some good news for Vegas so those of us who had tickets for those cancelled shows can see Celine around here. Time will tell. Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
Popular Post Shamrock_1982 Posted March 7, 2022 at 09:38 PM Popular Post Posted March 7, 2022 at 09:38 PM (edited) A Céline related update was expected towards the end of last week according to one of my sources, but obviously it never happened and I believe it’s because of the recent escalation in Ukraine in the last few days, but I can’t be 100% on the reason why it never happened at the moment. But news is definitely expected this month and I believe that the “majority” of it is good news Edited March 7, 2022 at 09:39 PM by Shamrock_1982 10 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted March 7, 2022 at 09:39 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 09:39 PM A Céline related update was expected towards the end of last week according to one of my sources, but obviously it never happened abs so believe it’s because of the recent escalation in Ukraine but so can’t be 100% on the reason why it never happened at the moment. But news is definitely expected this month. Thank you as always. Kev x Quote
remykyes Posted March 7, 2022 at 10:07 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 10:07 PM (edited) A Céline related update was expected towards the end of last week according to one of my sources, but obviously it never happened and I believe it's because of the recent escalation in Ukraine in the last few days, but I can't be 100% on the reason why it never happened at the moment. But news is definitely expected this month and I believe that the "majority" of it is good news Vegas?! Honestly, I just want some good news from the Celine camp...tomorrow was supposed to be when I was to jump on a plane to go to Denver for her first show back. So, whether it's tour or Vegas related, I just want to know she's on her way back to us. Edited March 7, 2022 at 10:19 PM by remykyes 2 Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
couldawouldashoulda Posted March 7, 2022 at 10:31 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 10:31 PM A Céline related update was expected towards the end of last week according to one of my sources, but obviously it never happened and I believe it’s because of the recent escalation in Ukraine in the last few days, but I can’t be 100% on the reason why it never happened at the moment. But news is definitely expected this month and I believe that the “majority” of it is good news We’re not supposed to mention what’s happening in Ukraine in this thread anymore. MODERATORS DELETE!!!!! Quote
queenofvegas Posted March 7, 2022 at 11:47 PM Posted March 7, 2022 at 11:47 PM I made one detailed response to get it off my chest with regards to the words and ideas being put across in here. Hardly comparable to the now pages of doomsday-esque posts, factually incorrect nonsense and shaming of people for writing something as simple as "I can't wait to see Celine again". As I said within my post it does achieve nothing- regardless of who's saying it. That's all I'm gonna say on it. If y'all want this to become the Russo-Ukrainian Misinformation Part of the Forum; be my guest. Don't mean to be rude. Just seemed strange to me to see this long post about the war followed by a statement that almost implies others shouldn't be posting about the war and how useless it is. Lol Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 8, 2022 at 02:36 AM Posted March 8, 2022 at 02:36 AM (edited) Excluding "Think Twice" (which will obviously be included in the European setlist), here is a (somewhat realistic) handful of songs I'd like to see added to the tour's setlist:AshesI Drove All NightHeart Of GlassA New Day Has Come (Radio Remix)Taking ChancesFade Awayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Wn60rj8eg Edited March 8, 2022 at 02:43 AM by SuperLove4Celine 5 Quote
Celinelife Posted March 8, 2022 at 03:23 AM Posted March 8, 2022 at 03:23 AM Maybe we'll see Change My Mind? Wasn't it released as a single there? 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted March 8, 2022 at 03:33 AM Posted March 8, 2022 at 03:33 AM Maybe we'll see Change My Mind? Wasn't it released as a single there?And she allegedly rehearsed the song in sound check after the album was released, so I’d love if she did it! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Celinelife Posted March 8, 2022 at 10:22 AM Posted March 8, 2022 at 10:22 AM And she allegedly rehearsed the song in sound check after the album was released, so I’d love if she did it!She did? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted March 8, 2022 at 10:23 AM Posted March 8, 2022 at 10:23 AM Excluding "Think Twice" (which will obviously be included in the European setlist), here is a (somewhat realistic) handful of songs I'd like to see added to the tour's setlist:AshesI Drove All NightHeart Of GlassA New Day Has Come (Radio Remix)Taking ChancesFade Awayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Wn60rj8eg She would get slated in the UK press if the setlist was too similar to her last trip here. So I would say: * A new day has come ( radio edit )* Misled * I surrender* Immortality Quote
DionFanAlways Posted March 8, 2022 at 11:23 AM Posted March 8, 2022 at 11:23 AM She would get slated in the UK press if the setlist was too similar to her last trip here. So I would say: * A new day has come ( radio edit )* Misled* I surrender* ImmortalityHer setlist is always too similar..... Just sayin' 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Shamrock_1982 Posted March 8, 2022 at 11:25 AM Posted March 8, 2022 at 11:25 AM In terms of rare songs not the classics she has to perform 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.