scielle Posted September 16, 2017 at 03:09 PM Posted September 16, 2017 at 03:09 PM For some reason can't find the Browns bag launch topic, but here's a piece from today's La Presse about Celine lovingly making fun of Brendan's accent and how it would never fly if the tables were turned - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1
Tyler1991 Posted September 18, 2017 at 08:25 PM Posted September 18, 2017 at 08:25 PM It's a shame shadow of love translated so horribly in its live performances. Man I was playing this song in my car earlier and it's a great song. The album version was so much better. Not just the arrangement but vocally too. She made this a lcmm on the tour. Really this entire album is great. 16 songs. The only song i don't like is right next to the right one. Every other song is miles better than lmbtl album imo 2
CelineDionFreak Posted September 18, 2017 at 11:27 PM Posted September 18, 2017 at 11:27 PM (edited) It's a shame shadow of love translated so horribly in its live performances. Man I was playing this song in my car earlier and it's a great song. The album version was so much better. Not just the arrangement but vocally too. She made this a lcmm on the tour. Really this entire album is great. 16 songs. The only song i don't like is right next to the right one. Every other song is miles better than lmbtl album imoI find this ironic cause I've been obsessed with Shadow of Love live lately! Edited September 18, 2017 at 11:27 PM by CelineDionFreak I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 19, 2017 at 03:20 AM Posted September 19, 2017 at 03:20 AM Even if i don't understand it... this made me laugh Rene - Céline - Pepe (Puppet show) 1
angelil78 Posted September 19, 2017 at 08:30 AM Posted September 19, 2017 at 08:30 AM Even if i don't understand it... this made me laugh Rene - Céline - Pepe (Puppet show) https://twitter.com/...825827361173504 Me too! I thought it was hilarious 1
angelil78 Posted September 19, 2017 at 08:30 AM Posted September 19, 2017 at 08:30 AM It's a shame shadow of love translated so horribly in its live performances. Man I was playing this song in my car earlier and it's a great song. The album version was so much better. Not just the arrangement but vocally too. She made this a lcmm on the tour. Really this entire album is great. 16 songs. The only song i don't like is right next to the right one. Every other song is miles better than lmbtl album imo Ohh I love Right Next to the right one 1
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 19, 2017 at 11:30 AM Posted September 19, 2017 at 11:30 AM (edited) Another puppet Céline. It's amazing! hahaha https://www.facebook...56402247743422/ https://www.facebook...00660589984253/ https://www.facebook...45192212197759/ https://www.facebook.com/GuignolsInfo/videos/1572870066096637/ Edited September 19, 2017 at 11:38 AM by jpatdeleon09
Dancing_Queen Posted September 19, 2017 at 07:30 PM Posted September 19, 2017 at 07:30 PM Apparently, Céline is one of the most dangerous celebs to Google 😜 #relevantqueen https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-09-19/avril-lavigne-ranked-most-dangerous-celebrity-on-the-internet 2
PuraVida Posted September 20, 2017 at 06:05 AM Posted September 20, 2017 at 06:05 AM I'll never understand why she took If You Asked Me To out of her setlist and repertoire almost entirely since she came back in 2002....why, Celine, why? It honestly is one of the highest charting songs of her career and is an amazing ballad. I've been wondering this for a long time. 6
DionFanAlways Posted September 20, 2017 at 08:29 PM Posted September 20, 2017 at 08:29 PM I'll never understand why she took If You Asked Me To out of her setlist and repertoire almost entirely since she came back in 2002....why, Celine, why? It honestly is one of the highest charting songs of her career and is an amazing ballad. I've been wondering this for a long time.I've wondered why they do what they do forever. Finally I give up.... it's better for my mental health. 5 I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted September 21, 2017 at 05:37 PM Posted September 21, 2017 at 05:37 PM I saw on Facebook that Andre Coutu played with Claudette Dion and others at a benefit for La Maison Adhemar Dion. I love that he's still involved with the Dion family. Wish he still worked with Celine. I loved Andre! 6
DionFanAlways Posted September 21, 2017 at 09:19 PM Posted September 21, 2017 at 09:19 PM I saw on Facebook that Andre Coutu played with Claudette Dion and others at a benefit for La Maison Adhemar Dion. I love that he's still involved with the Dion family. Wish he still worked with Celine. I loved Andre! Me too. 1 I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted September 22, 2017 at 01:22 AM Posted September 22, 2017 at 01:22 AM Here's the article, with pics of Andre and Claudette, if anyone's interested: http://www.quebecspot.com/2017/09/des-dames-de-coeur-sur-scene-pour-la-maison-adhemar-dion/ 3
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 24, 2017 at 12:50 AM Posted September 24, 2017 at 12:50 AM Do you guys know when was the first celine dion website started? Because i saw justin timberlake's website in the 90's haha i wonder if céline have a website also back in the 90's...
angelil78 Posted September 24, 2017 at 05:50 PM Posted September 24, 2017 at 05:50 PM Do you guys know when was the first celine dion website started? Because i saw justin timberlake's website in the 90's haha i wonder if céline have a website also back in the 90's... Oh yeah there was a community there called CC or ******.com, very similar to this one. I started there in 1998 and met LOTS of people there that I still am friends with today. And the moderator was Naomi, she was cool, worked with Team Céline. The website was celineonline.com 2
scielle Posted September 24, 2017 at 06:05 PM Posted September 24, 2017 at 06:05 PM Do you guys know when was the first celine dion website started? Because i saw justin timberlake's website in the 90's haha i wonder if céline have a website also back in the 90's... I'd be surprised if there wasn't one - it was the '90s, not the dark ages, LOL! I definitely remember following a bunch of fan sites around '95/'96, so surely there was an official one then, too (though I don't specifically remember spending time on it.) 1
angelil78 Posted September 24, 2017 at 06:18 PM Posted September 24, 2017 at 06:18 PM I'd be surprised if there wasn't one - it was the '90s, not the dark ages, LOL! I definitely remember following a bunch of fan sites around '95/'96, so surely there was an official one then, too (though I don't specifically remember spending time on it.) There was one and I was on it constantly!
Javito Posted September 24, 2017 at 08:33 PM Posted September 24, 2017 at 08:33 PM (edited) Oh yeah there was a community there called CC or ******.com, very similar to this one. I started there in 1998 and met LOTS of people there that I still am friends with today. And the moderator was Naomi, she was cool, worked with Team Céline.The website was celineonline.com www.censorshipforum.com LOL, an to this day, the name is still banned in this forum, despite it no longuer exists since ages... The name wasCélineCommunity(dot)com Edited September 24, 2017 at 08:36 PM by Javito 1 "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
chocolatechip15 Posted September 24, 2017 at 09:47 PM Posted September 24, 2017 at 09:47 PM (edited) Do you guys know when was the first celine dion website started? Because i saw justin timberlake's website in the 90's haha i wonder if céline have a website also back in the 90's... Yes, the official website was celineonline.com (later became celinedion.com) and it's been around since at least 1997 or so when I started going on it. There were a ton of fan sites, too, and they always had more information than the official site. There was a really good one called The Colour of My Love. And there was an active newsgroup, back when newsgroups were a thing, called alt.music.celine-dion. (I liked the newsgroup on my dial up AOL because it loaded quickly;no pictures. LOL, how things have changed). Edited September 24, 2017 at 09:47 PM by chocolatechip15 2
incognito Posted September 24, 2017 at 11:47 PM Posted September 24, 2017 at 11:47 PM (edited) www.censorshipforum.com LOL, an to this day, the name is still banned in this forum, despite it no longuer exists since ages... The name wasCélineCommunity(dot)com No celine-comm-unity forum was different. That one was run by Val and Bruno and everything was censored and a dictatorship. It's not the one she was referring to. The official Celine "messageboard" on Celine's official site was CC or "Celine Conversations" which was very active late 90s to early 2000s. Edited September 24, 2017 at 11:53 PM by incognito 3
neilpharmd Posted September 25, 2017 at 01:39 AM Posted September 25, 2017 at 01:39 AM (edited) Just wanted to share https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohhwf8vMKfQ0tnZHa/giphy.gif Edited September 25, 2017 at 01:41 AM by neilpharmd 2
scielle Posted September 25, 2017 at 03:26 AM Posted September 25, 2017 at 03:26 AM (edited) Here's one for the tennis fans - Roger Federer holding Rafael Nadal in celebration has sent the world nuts "It's a great shot and a great moment...... and then someone set it to Celine Dion's lovesong from Titanic and now it is art." Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited September 25, 2017 at 03:28 AM by scielle 2
Javito Posted September 25, 2017 at 09:17 AM Posted September 25, 2017 at 09:17 AM No celine-comm-unity forum was different. That one was run by Val and Bruno and everything was censored and a dictatorship. It's not the one she was referring to. The official Celine "messageboard" on Celine's official site was CC or "Celine Conversations" which was very active late 90s to early 2000s. I remember it as a good place and very cheerful... I never felt like it was a "dictatorship". On the other hand, all mods there that were at the same time members here, they were unfairly banned overnight (myself included), when they had nothing to do with their disputes between the admins. I never got to know the CC, I only arrived in 2001/2002 to actively participate in her forums "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Hilda Posted September 25, 2017 at 09:45 AM Posted September 25, 2017 at 09:45 AM Do you guys know when was the first celine dion website started? Because i saw justin timberlake's website in the 90's haha i wonder if céline have a website also back in the 90's... i got the internet in 1999 haha so of course the 1st thing i typed in was celinedion.com - i think it was probably the 1st iteration of the site as u can see on her releases they started printing the website but only since the all the way releases.CC was actually brilliant and i met loads of people that i still know now too. 2
angelil78 Posted September 25, 2017 at 01:27 PM Posted September 25, 2017 at 01:27 PM i got the internet in 1999 haha so of course the 1st thing i typed in was celinedion.com - i think it was probably the 1st iteration of the site as u can see on her releases they started printing the website but only since the all the way releases.CC was actually brilliant and i met loads of people that i still know now too. Ohhh we might have met there as well. I was there like always! 1
Flymetothemoon Posted September 25, 2017 at 04:02 PM Posted September 25, 2017 at 04:02 PM I am planning to see Beautiful (Carol King's musical), this weekend, therefore I bought her Essential collection to prep (#forevernerdy ).I was on cloud nine when reading (on the CD case back-cover) about track 18 on CD1 (Now and forever - with Celine Dion) , thinking I have discovered a colab I knew nothing of.It is a huge misprint ment for track 17, The Reason, where Babyface appears instead of Celine (he should of been mention at track 16...)I want a complaint form 3
Daysleeper Posted September 25, 2017 at 05:38 PM Posted September 25, 2017 at 05:38 PM (edited) I got internet in 1999 too and I the first thing I typed was "celineonline.com". I remember the design was inspired by ATW album. For those who asked about when was the first time Céline's official website appeared, I think it was around 1997, before LTAL album. It is a first album which booklet contains the link info. When it comes to CC forum, I remember it was first called "Suffisait"... or something like that. It was mainly a French community (created by French). Yes, there was a bit censorship and dictatorship. But it was like that mostly in the French section where I was mostly active. I made a many friends there and I'm still in the contact wuth some of the dissidents lol. When I came to Engish section from time to time, I felt the atmosphere was more pleasant there. Poslano sa mog SM-T560 koristeći Tapatalk Edited September 25, 2017 at 05:41 PM by Daysleeper 1
Hilda Posted September 25, 2017 at 05:48 PM Posted September 25, 2017 at 05:48 PM (edited) I got internet in 1999 too and I the first thing I typed was "celineonline.com". I remember the design was inspired by ATW album. For those who asked about when was the first time Céline's official website appeared, I think it was around 1997, before LTAL album. It is a first album which booklet contains the link info. When it comes to CC forum, I remember it was first called "Suffisait"... or something like that. It was mainly a French community (created by French). Yes, there was a bit censorship and dictatorship. But it was like that mostly in the French section where I was mostly active. I made a many friends there and I'm still in the contact wuth some of the dissidents lol. When I came to Engish section from time to time, I felt the atmosphere was more pleasant there. Poslano sa mog SM-T560 koristeći Tapatalk oh i was a few yrs out then... do you mean cc as in celine forum? coz 'CC' is in the official 'celine conversations' chat forum that came before either forums. Edited September 25, 2017 at 05:48 PM by Hilda
Daysleeper Posted September 25, 2017 at 05:55 PM Posted September 25, 2017 at 05:55 PM oh i was a few yrs out then... do you mean cc as in celine forum? coz 'CC' is in the official 'celine conversations' chat forum that came before either forums.Sorry, I was talking about Celine Comm. - non official fan forum. I couldn't write the entire name because i got censored. I wasn't really active on Celine Conversations. 1
incognito Posted September 25, 2017 at 06:27 PM Posted September 25, 2017 at 06:27 PM I felt the atmosphere was more pleasant there. Poslano sa mog SM-T560 koristeći Tapatalk Pleasant? hahaha That's not how I remember it. People were always complaining that their freedom of speech was being compromised and that moderators were nasty meanies. 😂
Recommended Posts